Other NBA games and League

mafra

Legend
Nobody is beating GSW. This season can?t end soon enough for me.

As they wrote in the London post game over at posting and toasting:

?This one hurt. The silver lining is it?s another loss in this rare rabbit hole of a time where losses have value.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Russell with 40... Nets win again... a game above .500 now. Beat Harden and tonight... the Magic).

The Brooklyn Nets has been winning the majority of their close games this season, this **** got me jealous that our Knicks last 4 head-coaches were clueless on how to close-out a game for a win.

tiger0330

Legend
HOU sends Carmelo to CHi... I wonder if Parker is in this deal?

Bulls will waive him. They paid CHI cash to take him so they could clear a spot for Faried. Melo is in a bad spot, playoff teams don't want him because they don't think he can help and losing teams don't want him because they would rather tank their season than add him.

tiger0330

Legend
Russell and the Nets roll again. Take down Sactown.
Lakers gave up on Russell just like the Knicks might with Nits and while I'm not impressed with Nits athleticism I think he's as athletic as Russell along with being a better defender. Russell right now is a better shooter, very confident when he takes a shot that it's going in, no reason that Nits can't develop the way Russ has.

Broadway

All Star
Lakers gave up on Russell just like the Knicks might with Nits and while I'm not impressed with Nits athleticism I think he's as athletic as Russell along with being a better defender. Russell right now is a better shooter, very confident when he takes a shot that it's going in, no reason that Nits can't develop the way Russ has.

What aren't we getting here when it comes to Knits?

HE WON'T!

Russell is competing against NO Stars in Brooklyn and is a bonafied starter.

Fizdale recently confirmed Knits will remain backup to Mudiay for the second half of season, unless of course Mudiay were to be traded/walks this summer or say maybe even more dramatic Fizdale is fired. The fact he said this leads us to believe Fiz doesn't want Mudiay traded this season.

Stefan Body and Begley are the sources

You said yourself Fiz didn't give Knits a ringing endorsement on his game right before we played our MLK game. So his competition is Mudiay first and foremost and second has to become a starter which would probably result in an off ball position...so who is he bumping?

Now we have yet to trade any of our vets and more than likely won't trade them all. I'll say vets primed to be traded based on offers and demands coming in will be Kanter and Vonleh. So THJR remains and as a starter. Fans still cape him for whatever reason

Add in #kporzee, 2019 Draft Pick, a year of growth from Knox and Trier and possibly some kind of free agent. Ask yourself honestly in what way will he develop like Russell?

tiger0330

Legend
What aren't we getting here when it comes to Knits?

HE WON'T!

Russell is competing against NO Stars in Brooklyn and is a bonafied starter.

Fizdale recently confirmed Knits will remain backup to Mudiay for the second half of season, unless of course Mudiay were to be traded/walks this summer or say maybe even more dramatic Fizdale is fired. The fact he said this leads us to believe Fiz doesn't want Mudiay traded this season.

Stefan Body and Begley are the sources

You said yourself Fiz didn't give Knits a ringing endorsement on his game right before we played our MLK game. So his competition is Mudiay first and foremost and second has to become a starter which would probably result in an off ball position...so who is he bumping?

Now we have yet to trade any of our vets and more than likely won't trade them all. I'll say vets primed to be traded based on offers and demands coming in will be Kanter and Vonleh. So THJR remains and as a starter. Fans still cape him for whatever reason

Add in #kporzee, 2019 Draft Pick, a year of growth from Knox and Trier and possibly some kind of free agent. Ask yourself honestly in what way will he develop like Russell?
I agree with your comments 100%. I'm not a big fan of Nits but just saying he's as good an athlete as Russell is and he could develop an offensive game as good as Russ given time. I have said that it could be several years before that happens well past the end of his rookie contract with the Knicks.

Broadway

All Star
I agree with your comments 100%. I'm not a big fan of Nits but just saying he's as good an athlete as Russell is and he could develop an offensive game as good as Russ given time. I have said that it could be several years before that happens well past the end of his rookie contract with the Knicks.

He's not reaching any peak potential on our team unless we trade bodies, let young free agents go, injury to players of similar position, coach gets fired...I posted Fiz exact comments in the "All Things Knicks Thread" on him, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

In the meantime here's this...not registered on The Athletic

Might happen on another team if a team traded for him and want the investment of trade to payoff similar to Russell

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Knicks wise not to move assets to shed salary now... this is something they can do next July, when and if team needs the money to sign guys.

No point clearing cap space now, if you know there?s a deal to be made. Just wait to see if you need that space.

Nothing more foolish than to trade an asset to shed salary, only to discover nobody wants to sign here anyway.

Knits is 20. If he develops confidence and consistency in his jumper, with the occasional penetration, then he still can be a valuable rotation player on a championship team.

Just watching him gobble up Westbrook and PG13 on some possessions gives you hope.

This doesn?t mean I wouldn?t move him... it?s just that his future isn?t written in ink yet.

Kiyaman

Legend
He's not reaching any peak potential on our team unless we trade bodies, let young free agents go, injury to players of similar position, coach gets fired...I posted Fiz exact comments in the "All Things Knicks Thread" on him, NOT GOOD AT ALL!

In the meantime here's this...not registered on The Athletic

Might happen on another team if a team traded for him and want the investment of trade to payoff similar to Russell

That guy .. Mike Vorkunov✔
@MikeVorkunov .... got to be Bull..hitting on teams asking for inconsistent CLee contract, and inconsistent Timmy contract, both players are earning 3 times more than their worth. I dont believe any team called the Knicks for them.
The Knicks need to trade Puppet coach David Fizdale weeks before the trading deadline !!!

mafra

Legend
This is why you tank....

?Luka Doncic scored a career-high 35 points in a triple-double on Sunday, making 14-of-24 FGs and 4-of-6 FTs with 12 rebounds, 10 assists and three 3-pointers.
This was quite an encore. With his performance in a win vs. Detroit on Friday, he became the first rookie in league history to post at least 30 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, two steals and one block in a game. The twice-reigning Western Conference Rookie of the Month is the only player in league history with two triple-doubles as a teenager, and he's scored 30+ points in six games while every other rookie has combined for five such games. That elite production has driven him to top-75 fantasy value despite some efficiency issues, and the return of Dennis Smith Jr. isn't slowing him down at all. Enjoy the ride.?

Philly endured back to back to back seasons where they lost 26 straight games 1 year, then started 0-17 another year, followed by yet a third straight losing season when they won less than 20 games.

This is why you tank....

?Luka Doncic scored a career-high 35 points in a triple-double on Sunday, making 14-of-24 FGs and 4-of-6 FTs with 12 rebounds, 10 assists and three 3-pointers.
This was quite an encore. With his performance in a win vs. Detroit on Friday, he became the first rookie in league history to post at least 30 points, eight rebounds, eight assists, two steals and one block in a game. The twice-reigning Western Conference Rookie of the Month is the only player in league history with two triple-doubles as a teenager, and he's scored 30+ points in six games while every other rookie has combined for five such games. That elite production has driven him to top-75 fantasy value despite some efficiency issues, and the return of Dennis Smith Jr. isn't slowing him down at all. Enjoy the ride.?

Philly endured back to back to back seasons where they lost 26 straight games 1 year, then started 0-17 another year, followed by yet a third straight losing season when they won less than 20 games.

Dallas lucked out that Atlanta was so in love with Trae Young.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dallas lucked out that Atlanta was so in love with Trae Young.

Dallas did not luck-up at getting Doncic .. owner Cuban had to give Atlanta a lot of something under the table to not lose out on another potential draft pick.
And Philly had to change and get their front-office and coaching-staff right before (SHAQ) Embiid put on a 76er's uniform.
The same thing happen when the 2 decade LOSER Clippers selected Griffin in the draft, they had to hire head-coach Doc Rivers plus add CP3 to their roster to get Griffin to put on a Clippers uniform.

Kiyaman

Legend
Victor Oladipo (knee) underwent successful surgery Monday to repair the ruptured quad tendon in his right knee.
Victor Oladipo appreciates the love his fans gave and says his surgery was a success.
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=25873316

Victor Oladipo's ruptured quad tendon has put an end to his season and leaves the third-seeded Pacers without their clutch superstar.
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...ladipo-undergoes-surgery-ruptured-quad-tendon

That was one nasty season injury to the Pacers All-around All-Star player Victor Oladipo, and to the Pacers 2018-19 season hopes in the post season games. Victor has become one of the East top-5 clutch winner players in the 4th quarter.
Wow! this injury does hurt the Pacers real bad come the post season games.
I will not lie, I gave the 3rd seeded Pacers a real big edge over the Toronto Rapters meeting in a playoff series this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
The 16-33 Atlanta Hawks team, and the 22-27 Dallas Maverick team has been Developing their young rosters well showing lots of improvement as the season goes on. That can not be said bout the 10-39 Knicks team.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Pelicans beat the Rockets tonight without AD/Mirotic/and Randle in the rotation .. Okafor had a good game scoring 27 pts on 11-15 shooting, plus 12 rb, 2 ast, 2blk in 36 minute of playing-time.

tiger0330

Legend
The Pelicans beat the Rockets tonight without AD/Mirotic/and Randle in the rotation .. Okafor had a good game scoring 27 pts on 11-15 shooting, plus 12 rb, 2 ast, 2blk in 36 minute of playing-time.

Okafor has really worked on his body and conditioning, his offensive game hasn't changed much, same great post player he was coming out of college and I don't think he took one shot outside of 5 ft yesterday. Seems to be better on the defensive side of the ball and his rebounding using his size and better conditioning. Rockets seem vulnerable against a big man 5 so the Dubs are going to give them fits with Cuz on board, Capela can't come back soon enough for them. Warriors look unbeatable right now.

mafra

Legend
They asked MJ what?s harder, Westbrook streak of triple doubles or Harden streak of 30+ points ... Jordan said winning 6 titles is hardest...