Other NBA games and League

Chris Paul is owed 38.5 million this coming season, 41.4 million the season after next, and then has a player option for the 2021-22 season for 44.2 million. He is already 34-years-old.

Paul has had a great career, but I mean, c'mon, anyone who trades for that contract is insane.

Kiyaman

Legend
According to ESPN.com, Rockets GM Daryl Morey has made all of his players and picks available in trade talks with the exception of James Harden. Even Chris Paul may be available, according to the report. The New York Times backed up ESPN, saying the Rockets have shopped around center Clint Capela in recent days.

Paul has a lengthy injury history and is 34 years old with three years and $124 million left on his contract, which could make him a difficult piece to trade off. Capela, 25, could be seen as much more valuable as one of the rising centers in the game and a reasonable four years and $76 million left on his contract.

Rockets not bringing back their defensive guru coach Bzdelik (Knicks should hire ASAP!).
Jeff Bzdelik helped guide the Houston Rockets' defensive turnaround last season.
The Rockets have parted ways with player development coach Irv Roland, assistant coach Mitch Vanya and video coordinator John Cho. Roland's departure is particular surprising considering he worked closely with James Harden.
A second Rockets assistant coach will not return next season. Roy Rogers and the Rockets have mutually agreed to part ways, sources told ESPN.

The Knicks had a 17 win 2018-19 season! Plus had a 10-30 record after 40 games .. The Knicks head-coach should've been FIRED a couple of games before the Knicks 40th game of the season .. The 17 win season and the 65 LOSSES should've had all of the Knicks coaching-staff FIRED at the end of the season !!!

mafra

Legend
This was obvious even tho some thought Zion would embolden Griff to keep AD... that bird flew away...

NY Post

The Pelicans have snapped back to reality.

After expressing hope that they would be able to keep Anthony Davis, with No. 1 pick Zion Williamson on the way and new management in the building, executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin has started listening to potential offers for the superstar, The Athletic reported Tuesday.

Davis, his agent Rich Paul, and the Pelicans had a sit-down meeting last Wednesday, as a last-ditch effort to reverse his trade wish, but it did not seem to change Davis? request for a new team, which he has asked for since January. The 26-year-old stud, who is averaging 23.7 points and 10.5 rebounds for his career, is set to become a free agent next offseason.

Rival executives believe the Knicks, Nets, Lakers and Celtics will be able to offer the best packages for Davis, according to the report, while Davis? list of preferred teams includes the Knicks, Lakers and Clippers.

The Lakers tried and failed to acquire Davis before the February trade deadline and there have been reports Pelicans ownership is unwilling to trade Davis to them. The Knicks? package for Davis would likely revolve around the No. 3 pick and sources recently told The Post?s Marc Berman the Pelicans would have interest in both Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson.

?We?re very confident that we have a compelling situation for him here,? Griffin said two weeks ago. ?And if winning is indeed what he is all about ? which we have every reason to believe ? we feel confident that we can create and are creating the right environment for Anthony and frankly for high-caliber players of all types to want to be part of.?

Kiyaman

Legend
Chris Paul is owed 38.5 million this coming season, 41.4 million the season after next, and then has a player option for the 2021-22 season for 44.2 million. He is already 34-years-old.

Paul has had a great career, but I mean, c'mon, anyone who trades for that contract is insane.

What's INSANE are the Knicks past 3 losing seasons increasing each season .. having a 51 Losing season, then a 53 Losing season, and now a 65 LOSS game season .. That's a ........ !!!
There's nothing insane bout spending extra $$$ to turn things around 360 degrees for millions of Knicks fans by getting a super-star winning PG CP3 to go a long-side of KD and DJ in the starting lineup while staring the Knicks 3rd pick N future star player RJ Barrett.

Kiyaman

Legend
This was obvious even tho some thought Zion would embolden Griff to keep AD... that bird flew away...

NY Post

The Pelicans have snapped back to reality.

After expressing hope that they would be able to keep Anthony Davis, with No. 1 pick Zion Williamson on the way and new management in the building, executive vice president of basketball operations David Griffin has started listening to potential offers for the superstar, The Athletic reported Tuesday.

Davis, his agent Rich Paul, and the Pelicans had a sit-down meeting last Wednesday, as a last-ditch effort to reverse his trade wish, but it did not seem to change Davis’ request for a new team, which he has asked for since January. The 26-year-old stud, who is averaging 23.7 points and 10.5 rebounds for his career, is set to become a free agent next offseason.

Rival executives believe the Knicks, Nets, Lakers and Celtics will be able to offer the best packages for Davis, according to the report, while Davis’ list of preferred teams includes the Knicks, Lakers and Clippers.

The Lakers tried and failed to acquire Davis before the February trade deadline and there have been reports Pelicans ownership is unwilling to trade Davis to them. The Knicks’ package for Davis would likely revolve around the No. 3 pick and sources recently told The Post’s Marc Berman the Pelicans would have interest in both Kevin Knox and Mitchell Robinson.

“We’re very confident that we have a compelling situation for him here,” Griffin said two weeks ago. “And if winning is indeed what he is all about — which we have every reason to believe — we feel confident that we can create and are creating the right environment for Anthony and frankly for high-caliber players of all types to want to be part of.”

All NBA teams should say NO-Trade to Pelicans in the off-season for reason of how the Pelicans leak every and all the players the Lakers offered them for a AD trade during the season.

mafra

Legend
LJ?s agent tried to sabotage NO?s season so the owner (Benson) gave it back to the Lakers. Benson was still ticked off the Rams screwed her Saints and I imagine the debacle trade sending Paul to LA meant Benson had enough.

I?m mixed on this.... AD a top 5 player and only 26. We can realistically dream of a Kyrie-KD-AD super team.

After 2 decades of losing, imagine having that trio? I mean, who wouldn?t deal RJ, Knox and Mitch for that. Then again.... part of me wants to grow this organically.

Tough call.

tiger0330

Legend
LJ’s agent tried to sabotage NO’s season so the owner (Benson) gave it back to the Lakers. Benson was still ticked off the Rams screwed her Saints and I imagine the debacle trade sending Paul to LA meant Benson had enough.

I’m mixed on this.... AD a top 5 player and only 26. We can realistically dream of a Kyrie-KD-AD super team.

After 2 decades of losing, imagine having that trio? I mean, who wouldn’t deal RJ, Knox and Mitch for that. Then again.... part of me wants to grow this organically.

Tough call.
Organically, you're joking, that may or may not happen and you'd have to wait at least 5 years to see if comes to fruition. Put those 3 on the floor next year and the EC finals is right around the corner. Said it all season bring in some players to turn this ship around.

Organically, you're joking, that may or may not happen and you'd have to wait at least 5 years to see if comes to fruition. Put those 3 on the floor next year and the EC finals is right around the corner. Said it all season bring in some players to turn this ship around.

If we do get 2 star free agents, trading for AD seems logical, but, the question is what makes a better team:

Option #1: 2 star free agents plus AD

Option #2: 2 star free agents plus RJ, MRob, DSJ/Knox, and an additional 2 1st round picks for the next 2 drafts (NO would likely want our 2020 pick and Dallas? 2021 1st round pick).

Option #1 could be the best trio in the NBA, but not much else. Option #2 gives us a chance to build a 1st and 2nd unit that could actually compete for a championship in 2 to 3 years.

tiger0330

Legend
If we do get 2 star free agents, trading for AD seems logical, but, the question is what makes a better team:

Option #1: 2 star free agents plus AD

Option #2: 2 star free agents plus RJ, MRob, DSJ/Knox, and an additional 2 1st round picks for the next 2 drafts (NO would likely want our 2020 pick and Dallas’ 2021 1st round pick).

Option #1 could be the best trio in the NBA, but not much else. Option #2 gives us a chance to build a 1st and 2nd unit that could actually compete for a championship in 2 to 3 years.
I don't care what Mills and Perry have to do to start winning next year, even it's the Lakers approach of hiring Vogel, Kidd, Hollins and maybe Hornacek all former head coaches in the NBA for their coaching staff. Just win baby win.

I don't care what Mills and Perry have to do to start winning next year, even it's the Lakers approach of hiring Vogel, Kidd, Hollins and maybe Hornacek all former head coaches in the NBA for their coaching staff. Just win baby win.

Sure. I agree. The thing is though, if you believe the rumors, NO wants AD out of the West and wants no part of the Lakers. Also, Ainge may be backing out if he knows Kyrie is leaving because why trade the house to get AD when it doesn?t make you a contender. Long story short, it could come down to us and no one else (Clippers could also be out as another Western team).

So, the question is...can we get AD and not lose both RJ and MRob? Can we maybe only send one 1st round pick instead of 2? Let?s not do the Melo thing all over again.

mafra

Legend
I?m thinking the same thing:

Of DSJ, Knox, RJ and Mitch... we need to keep 2, and if we do then it?s a great trade.

Kiyaman

Legend
LJ?s agent tried to sabotage NO?s season so the owner (Benson) gave it back to the Lakers. Benson was still ticked off the Rams screwed her Saints and I imagine the debacle trade sending Paul to LA meant Benson had enough.

I?m mixed on this.... AD a top 5 player and only 26. We can realistically dream of a Kyrie-KD-AD super team.

After 2 decades of losing, imagine having that trio? I mean, who wouldn?t deal RJ, Knox and Mitch for that. Then again.... part of me wants to grow this organically.

Tough call.

I like the organic way, especially when the Knicks hire a strategic winning head coach that attract FA star players.
The Big-3 sounds real good however, it's not promising when your renting a Top-5 super-star player for just one season.
Plus signing a FA star player Kyrie to divide the players in the locker room.
The thought of the Knicks trading away a few young players like MitchRob Knox and RJ Barrett plus 1 or 2 future first round draft picks for AD one year contract, and AD decide to leave after the one year is up !!!!!

mafra

Legend
Nets send a 1st to ATL in a salary dump of Crabbe (cleaning up space to make a run at Kyrie)... and they get back Prince.

Hawks now have 8/10/17.

Is that worth RJ?

Would NO prefer 3 first rounders this year to RJ?

Stay tuned...

The Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe and his $18.5 million contract to the Atlanta Hawks, clearing the salary cap space to pursue two maximum free agent contracts this summer, league sources told ESPN.

The Nets are sending Crabbe, the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NBA draft and a 2020 lottery protected first-round pick to the Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources said. The deal can't be finalized until July 6.

Nets send a 1st to ATL in a salary dump of Crabbe (cleaning up space to make a run at Kyrie)... and they get back Prince.

Hawks now have 8/10/17.

Is that worth RJ?

Would NO prefer 3 first rounders this year to RJ?

Stay tuned...

The Brooklyn Nets are trading guard Allen Crabbe and his $18.5 million contract to the Atlanta Hawks, clearing the salary cap space to pursue two maximum free agent contracts this summer, league sources told ESPN.

The Nets are sending Crabbe, the No. 17 pick in the 2019 NBA draft and a 2020 lottery protected first-round pick to the Hawks for forward Taurean Prince and a 2021 second-round pick, league sources said. The deal can't be finalized until July 6.

I?d rather have RJ than 8, 10, and 17 picks this year and I?m guessing NO would feel the same way.

I think this means Brooklyn has confidence in signing Kyrie. I don?t think Durant will go to Brooklyn, but there are certainly other players to target. If Brooklyn does get Kyrie, then I can?t see them resigning D?Angelo Russell. Things are going to be crazy as of June 30/July 1.

Unlike the Nets, I like our future with or without big signings this off-season. The Nets, if they strike out in free agency, have certainly limited their options by continuing to trade away 1st round picks.

As an aside, I?m starting to have serious doubts that KD and Kyrie are planning anything together. I think they end up on separate teams. If KD does join Kyrie in Brooklyn, good luck.

Kiyaman

Legend
I’d rather have RJ than 8, 10, and 17 picks this year and I’m guessing NO would feel the same way.

I think this means Brooklyn has confidence in signing Kyrie. I don’t think Durant will go to Brooklyn, but there are certainly other players to target. If Brooklyn does get Kyrie, then I can’t see them resigning D’Angelo Russell. Things are going to be crazy as of June 30/July 1.

Unlike the Nets, I like our future with or without big signings this off-season. The Nets, if they strike out in free agency, have certainly limited their options by continuing to trade away 1st round picks.

Wow! The Nets are lowering their cap to go after one or two major star FA players (Durant/Butler/Cuz) .. I will admit I liked the way the Nets 3 PG handle the Nets offense/defense last season .. Russell, Dinwiddie and Napier .. to add Kyrie would be taking a step backwards in their guard rotation.
The Nets adding a high IQ SF Taurean Prince to their rotation to be DeMarre Carroll backup are a great lift-up to a better season.

Wow! The Nets are lowering their cap to go after one or two major star FA players (Durant/Butler/Cuz) .. I will admit I liked the way the Nets 3 PG handle the Nets offense/defense last season .. Russell, Dinwiddie and Napier .. to add Kyrie would be taking a step backwards in their guard rotation.
The Nets adding a high IQ SF Taurean Prince to their rotation to be DeMarre Carroll backup are a great lift-up to a better season.

DeMarre Carroll made 15.4 million last season and is a free agent this offseason. If the Nets do land star free agents, that means both Russell and Carroll are likely not on the team next season.

Kiyaman

Legend
DeMarre Carroll made 15.4 million last season and is a free agent this offseason. If the Nets do land star free agents, that means both Russell and Carroll are likely not on the team next season.

The trade showed the Nets took AD out the picture, and are looking to spend some big $$$ in the off-season, if the right FA come along the Nets probably won't mind paying the penalty for resigning late going over the cap next season ....
The Nets made the playoffs !!! Off of their top 4 players same-page performance .. Russell Dinwiddle Carroll and Jarrett Allen's BlockParty in the paint .. those 4 players are Nets Keepers. The Nets front-office are hoping their low salary-cap, and playoff season will get ONE of the 2019 top FA to be interested in signing a $$$ offer-sheet (hopefully a SG or Forward) .. Durant/ Klay/ Butler/ Middleton/ Harris on July 1st.

D'Angelo Russell season performance were much-much better than the Hornets Kemba Walker's season performance.
DeMarre Carroll's veteran service did a well job mentoring Davis & Allen on dominating the front-court throughout the season.
Brooklyn Nets front-office liked the idea of the Knicks not making the Playoffs, and they did.

Kyrie splits ties with his agent and joins Roc Nation, Jay Z?s group. Sounds to me like he is going to be a Net.