Outstanding come from behind victory over the New Jersey Nets tonight!!

I'd say our worst defensive quarter was in the 1st quarter. Came out sluggish and sloppy. I believe the Nets set their season high for most points during a first half/half against us tonight.

The 3rd quarter (in my eyes) was our best defensive quarter. We came out focused on playing defense & making tough stops with intensity. That 3rd quarter is what won us the game but we also impressed during the 4th quarter at times. Amare was Amare on defense, got into foul trouble & looked a little confused but Melo really played outstanding defense tonight. Shelden & JJ were even better on D than most nights (from what I've seen).

Not a great performance but an excellent team win. This was a must win game for a team trying to move on from a disaster month.

johnnyrose

Benchwarmer
Yes it was a nice win, But once again they need to stop coming out sluggish against every team. And we don't play defense when we';re giving up more than 110 points to bad teams.

I just know that if we want to win a title with amar'e and melo..we will need a different coach that preaches defense. Dantoni dosen't do that. I mean everybody in the league knows our defense stinks Big time.:boohoo:

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;171650 said:
That was poor. Very poor.

We will be in the playoffs.

Strike 1.

Noooooooo.... Hubie broke it down we need these next couple games before we go on the road.... Strike yourself and stick to game threads....

petescud

Starter
Proud of the guys as well tonight...when they play smart, they win. Why do you think the Celtics win like they do. They are unselfish, and win as a team

Now thinking about it? Since Melo's became a Knick? None of could have imagined anything more out of Melo. Myself included. I'm not talking about the team's overall win-loss record either. I'm talking about his overall production on the basketball court, as well as Melo accepting a leadership role with open arms. Not only has Melo became a leader for us through the media; but he's done it during a time of need when our team was hurting. This isn't some mountain state. This is New York. MSG? This has always been a dream for Melo. He's back home! Just look at what he's done since arriving... Accepted a leadership role, hit a game winner, two consecutive 39 point games, 10 boards last night, playing with hustle, heart, NY pride, a will to win & even talking defensive intensity? Are you kidding me? He was BORN to play under the bright lights of Manhattan. Billups FED off Melo's drive tonight. This is why we made the trade, we just landed a top 3-5 NBA mega-star. Leaders lead; now lets watch this team follow suit.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Kicked it off with:

Focus Daniel son, we need to win THESE games to MAKE the PLAYOFFS( U wanna talk about playoffs)... Real fans get that fact....

Noooooooo.... Hubie broke it down we need these next couple games before we go on the road.... Strike yourself and stick to game threads....

And now this ^

Have you not seen our remaining schedule? Seeing that you're bringing out the faux interpretations, let's expound upon something that it appears you've not taken in to account while you've been MVP chanting Derrick Rose.

We will make the playoffs. Is there honestly any doubt surrounding this? We're 3.5 games ahead of Indiana, and 4.5 games ahead of Charlotte with 7 games left.

The Pacers remaining 6 games are against:

Milwaukee
New Orleans
Washington
Atlanta
NYK
Orlando

In fairness to them, they just beat Boston. Regardless of that, do you honestly think they'll eclipse us for 7th? Or will you say it's likely after your little fumble?

Charlotte face the Magic twice and the Heat once in their remaining 7, which means - hypothetically - that we would have to lose 6 games for them to surpass us after we (according to you) inevitably drop to 8th.

Our (our?) remaining schedule consists of games against:

Cleveland
Toronto
@Philly
@Jersey
@Indiana
Chicago
@Boston

I will be very surprised if we drop 6 of those and Charlotte go undefeated. Or, for that matter, that we are surpassed by Indiana for the 7th seed. It's more likely that we surpass Philadelphia for 6th.

Strike 2. And stick to racism!:teeth:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
That end sentence was a joke BTW. Let's not get wrapped up in something outside of the discussion, if you don't mind.

He's right though Crazy. We do have to win these types of games to lock up a seed.

We're 4.5 up of the 9th seed, but if we were to lose our last 2 games against ORL & NJ? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be up 4.5 as of right now.

We could be on an 8 game losing streak, no hope, & sinking out of control with 7 games left.

Now it's easy to sit here & say we'll make the playoffs & win some more games (because we won 2 very important games recently) but if we would have lost both games against ORL & NJ? None of would feel like that anymore.

I never once doubted we'd make the playoffs but there is no telling how I'd feel if that 4.5 lead was under 3 with 7 games left on an 8 game losing streak. I never thought we'd fall out of the playoff picture, but it's foolish to jump all over a man for making it known that inorder to make the playoffs; we have to beat these types of teams to make the playoffs.

After a 6 game losing streak while dropping 9 of 10? Throw the teams & records out the window. Two huge victories

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dont leave out Carter, he didnt force any shots, always look for the open man,
plus stayed on top of the screens

Yea it was crazy how him and Sheldon put in work. They had 3 nice plays with strong finishes by Sheldon. I honestly think we should buyout Billups and run next year with a rookie PG, TD and Carter. Use that money to get a big like M. Gasol(yes he is restricted but could force his way out if he wanted to)or D. Jordan. We should then be ready to contend credibly.

Solid post TRILL1ON. If Shelden joins the playoff rotation & JJ improves? We're a tough out.

I agree that we need a C such as Gasol or DeAndre. If Gasol weren't a RFA, I'd be preaching Gasol in the same types of ways as DeAndre. Gasol could also get the larger contract but either way? We'll end up with one of either Jordan, Nene, Chandler or maybe even Dalembert for cheaper. We've played 6 different players @ C, the largest 5 hole in the East. Thats proof alone that Walsh is on the verge of landing us a future natural 5 @ the Center position.

I've always loved Billups but if we cant buy him out for 2M, sign him for 4 & save 6M? Then we let him walk & put that 12M in savings elsewhere. I don't like the idea of replacing CB with a rookie though. Douglas will be a 3rd year pro heading into next year, coming off a playoff run, while earning the much needed playoff experience behind a true playoff warrior in Billups. Has the ability to add tough D to our PG position as well.

We'll become contenders next year.

You never know, it could happen. I think this whole team has the ability to improve heading into & come playoff time. Team chemistry is everything & right now we're trying to gain some.

From Billups to Melo, to Amare all the way down to guys such as Shelden & JJ... In due time, once they get a better feel for the team & players around them? They could all start to make solid improvements; JJ included. One player that must improve & get back to mid-season form is Fields. Would love to have both Fields & Douglas running strong for the playoffs. If Billups improves come playoff time as the playoff warrior he's always been? Billups, Carmelo & Amare can compete with any big 3 out there. Get solid production from Fields & TD23 & there is really no telling what type of playoff success we could enjoy. Once Shawne Williams gets back to being healthy with a good finger, I also have hope for Walker & Shawne. Any type of production out of JJ & Shelden could make us a feared team during the playoffs.

All "what if's"...

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
He's right though Crazy. We do have to win these types of games to lock up a seed.

We're 4.5 up of the 9th seed, but if we were to lose our last 2 games against ORL & NJ? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be up 4.5 as of right now.

We could be on an 8 game losing streak, no hope, & sinking out of control with 7 games left.

Now it's easy to sit here & say we'll make the playoffs & win some more games (because we won 2 very important games recently) but if we would have lost both games against ORL & NJ? None of would feel like that anymore.

I never once doubted we'd make the playoffs but there is no telling how I'd feel if that 4.5 lead was under 3 with 7 games left on an 8 game losing streak. I never thought we'd fall out of the playoff picture, but it's foolish to jump all over a man for making it known that inorder to make the playoffs; we have to beat these types of teams to make the playoffs.

After a 6 game losing streak while dropping 9 of 10? Throw the teams & records out the window. Two huge victories

I agree that if we lost the past two games then we would be approaching panic mode, but there is no getting around the joke of a defensive effort that was put out againt the NETS in the 1st half last night.

While I felt we still had a chance to win the game even down 15, there was still no way I was feeling positive about the teams effort at halftime. 68 points in 1 half to the NETS, DWill or not, is a friggin joke. I was happy we pulled out the win as I cant stand losing to NJ, but I was definatly disappointed with there effort in a game you would think they would be pumped for against a rival that was nationally telivised at home.

I hope we can get it together and make some noise in round 1, possibly forcing a game 7 against whoever we will face, but in the long run I just dont like the type of team we have become and will be as a top 5 offensive team with a bottom 5-7 defense. IMO, I still feel we need to go in another direction at HC as MDA just isnt a great fit for our team in the long run.

As for the rest of this season, I hope we can get a better overall effort on the defensive end on a consistent basis. We are obviously not going to win games with our defense this year, but if we can atleast be respectable then maybe we can force a game 7 in the first round, even possibly winning a series for the first time in a long time.

No arguing with QUEEENS

knicks give up 68 pnts in the first half, win 120-116 against one of the worst if not the worst teams in the league

and hes excited haha

what a half wit.

Any one who believes that last nights game was a well played game by the knicks is a fool

they just did what they always do against sub 500 teams
last night was just backwards

most games they have a solid first 2 quarters then bomb down the stretch

last night they bombed the first 2 quartes and finished solid

either way

its 25-30 minutes of winning basketball

followed by 18-23 minutes of the worst coached basketball I have ever seen in my life.

any way you slice it

last night was just another percursor of the death of dantoni in NY

horrible coaching, horrible defense

horrible first half.

DFDH

over and out.

Also I can understand the need for melo to drop 39-10 against the magic to win

but against the NETS.

come on.

if any one of our big 3 is off a little bit we lose this game and every one is screaming bloody murder

stop sweating the fact it took amazing performances by billups and melo to beat the nets by only 4 in a game we almost gave away 3 times once we were up because of our inability to guard Morrow who is a spot up shooter being made to look like an all star.

foolish knicks fans man

it tears me apart inside to know that people consider this type of victory worth congrats.

unreal man,

iSaYughh

Starter
Smh, harper...when did u feel like u got annointed as grand admiral of the MD Hater S.S.

Cool ur jets.

Same tired song all season. We win? Same. We crush expectations? Same. We prime ourselves into the playoffs? Same.

Why do I know that short of a ECF/finals trip...shit, a chip...this year...it will be the same broken record?

And that is why this forum "sucks" right now. Bc it isn't about actual happenings with our team, or a dynamic discussion of...anything. But fodder to keep playing this 1note song.

Some are capable of posting still-original/well done analysis time to time against MDA despite this...crazy8s comes to mind..But that should basically be the extent of shit at this pt.

Not this ubiquity of trite half-assed sensationalized spew to HARP on a point, while inciting n rallying the masses to make even weaker and more redundant posts.

It tears ME apart to know know someone who considers themselves an EXPERT...REAL....fan, would actually call the Nets the worst/one of the worst teams in the NBA.

If u didn't notice papi, they traded a bag of lint for...speaking of accurate analysis....the best/one of the best PG's in the game.

Lopez is over his pathetic first half, and Morrow is now a legitimate threat and player who can light it up vs anyone, after a slow start.

We allowed 68 points during the 1st half, which was horrible, but the coaching staff & players made adjustments @ the half & as a team? We played with fight during the entire 2nd half, heart on both sides of the floor, played with defensive intensity for two quarters strong & came out on top with a much needed win. If this team, this coach & our players would have quit, like the HarperFans of the world; we would have lost again. Thank god we aren't quitters, who quit, all because of a bad first quarter of play.

Since the trade we've not only competed, but we've also won most of our games against good teams. If we win our next two games against the Cavs & Raptors? That makes for 3 consecutive victories against lower tier teams, which is a sign of improvments considering the fact that we've recently been on the losing end of the stick against those types of losing teams.

Melo putting up 39 & 10 is exactly why we traded our farm for him; to lead us to victories (no matter which team it's against).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

I don't jump on men. And you're a bit flippant with words like foolish, clueless and hopeless with those that you either disagree with or that frustrate you. Not that I'm one to talk.

I made it abundantly clear - in detail with mathematical odds/outcomes - what would have to transpose on the win column for us to not make the playoffs.

I think you might have to go and read it again.

For someone that advocates faith and ignores flaws, you're being a tad faithless.