Outstanding come from behind victory over the New Jersey Nets tonight!!

It tears ME apart to know know someone who considers themselves an EXPERT...REAL....fan, would actually call the Nets the worst/one of the worst teams in the NBA.

really ?

and i actually love reading your posts most of the time, I am not a broken record first of all, I have a passion for defensive minded coaches and I believe that this team would be better suited with one running the side line

is that a fault of mine ?

am I not allowed to speak my mind and my opinion, or touch upon my assessments of our coach with out being lambasted as a fool with nothing to support my reasonsing ?

I am sorry for believing that a team who regardless of the gift of D will isnt close to being on the level the knicks SHOULD be.

when billups has one of his best games of the year, melo drops 39-10

I feel we should beat a team like the NETS by 20

I apologize for feeling that way

if some one else doesnt agree with me then thats fine they can disagree, but dont tell me that my points are a broken record.

my track record no pun intended speaks for itself, that I always take my time and produce posts with statistical as well as empirical evidence to support my opinions.

Last night was a fun win

but it was not a good win in my honest opinion

we need to drown sub 500 teams, not let them swim with us hoping our offense will win the game.

And morrow is one of the most inconsistent scorers in the league

if you look at his game log he goes 20 one game 6 the next

they were on a back to back schedule playing the rockets who are pushing hard for a playoff seed, where morrow went 4-14

on the second night of a back to back morrow shoots lights out getting wide open look after wide open look all game long.

the nets average 93 ppg on the year

similarly to the ppg since williams got here

we allowed them to have 116 which is giving up 23 more than their average. that is like adding a 5th quarter onto the game defensively compared to what the nets usually score if broken down quarter to quarter.

in terms of the first half they cut in half average 46 ppg which means they gave up 22 more points in ONE half than the nets usually score

the BOTTOM LINE

IS

our defense was terrrrrrible this game

and with out melo and billups shooting like crazy

we lose

i will not credit the coach nor the team for this victory

i credit melo and billups for being on fire

you will not excel in this league by depending on guys just being "on fire"

Last edited:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Smh, harper...when did u feel like u got annointed as grand admiral of the MD Hater S.S.

Cool ur jets.

Same tired song all season. We win? Same. We crush expectations? Same. We prime ourselves into the playoffs? Same.

Why do I know that short of a ECF/finals trip...shit, a chip...this year...it will be the same broken record?

And that is why this forum "sucks" right now. Bc it isn't about actual happenings with our team, or a dynamic discussion of...anything. But fodder to keep playing this 1note song.

Some are capable of posting still-original/well done analysis time to time against MDA despite this...crazy8s comes to mind..But that should basically be the extent of shit at this pt.

Not this ubiquity of trite half-assed sensationalized spew to HARP on a point, while inciting n rallying the masses to make even weaker and more redundant posts.

It tears ME apart to know know someone who considers themselves an EXPERT...REAL....fan, would actually call the Nets the worst/one of the worst teams in the NBA.

If u didn't notice papi, they traded a bag of lint for...speaking of accurate analysis....the best/one of the best PG's in the game.

Lopez is over his pathetic first half, and Morrow is now a legitimate threat and player who can light it up vs anyone, after a slow start.

The Nets are a poor team. There is no denying that. I guess it depends on how you define "worst team in the league." I haven't looked at the standings, but I'm assuming they are bottom 10?

ESPN explained how they were bottom ten in offense, and we gave them 68 points in one half.

I think what you guys (isay and queens) fail to understand is that despite winning the game, the effort and lack of energy and consistently bad quarters (over the course of the entire season) are clues as to how this team is going to do in the playoffs and even after this season.

That is a scary thought. We need to nip the problem in the bud as soon as possible. MDA seems to get this team to only play when they really feel like it. A game is 48 minutes -- not 24.

Last edited:

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
The Nets are a poor team. There is no denying that. I guess it depends on how you define "worst team in the league." I haven't looked at the standings, but I'm assuming they are bottom 10?

ESPN explained how they were bottom ten in offense, and we gave them 68 points in one half.

I think what you guys (isay and queens) fail to understand is that despite winning the game, the effort and lack of energy and consistently bad quarters (over the course of the entire season) are clues as to how this team is going to do in the playoffs and even after this season.

That is a scary thought. We need to nip the problem in the bud as soon as possible. MDA seems to get this team to only play when they really feel like it. A game is 48 minutes -- not 24.

Great Post. Agree 100%....+1 rep point

Great Post. Agree 100%....+1 rep point

lol bro, he said the same thing i said in the post before hand lol

just in short with less stats and info. haha

wheres my rep point

jk

but for real its good to see people arent just blindly falling in love with a win because its a W

the nets are a terrible basketball team, they are role players with an all league pg yes who is injured

and a center who averages less rebounds than landry fields.

The fact of the matter of this Harper. A fan like you has no right to talk. Your the same type of person who made a thread (before the Magic game) & made it known that "after the Magic game" that you would give us insight on the bench, player & coach body language etc etc. Then you failed to give any type of quote on quote "insight" & I was forced to bump that thread up asking wtf happened. Then, you make some lame excuses & little lies; saying "how you were waiting to do an ORL-NJN break-down of the two games". No you weren't. You never said anything about the Nets during the OP Magic thread. Liar. You made that thread for one reason & one reason only; to bash MDA after you expected a loss that night. You carefully planned an MDA attack with pre-meditation thoughts. You my friend? Are a fraud. What happened to that "ORL & NJ breakdown"? lmao. It's going on 2 days, you've posted over 20 post's since the NJ game, & you let that thread hide under a rock. Be a man of your word & make it Harper. Bash the coach..

Who said anything about falling in love just because of a win? Another Harper lie.

Fans like this try & make it hard for the long time fans who are simply enjoying this season for what it's worth; a chance to make the playoffs with a winning team for the 1st time in 6 years after getting swept by NJ.

It's came to the point where after losing 9 of 10 & 6 consecutive games, that fans "aren't allowed" to enjoy a thrilling OT win over ORL, followed by a strong come back victory after trailing by as many as 15 & 10 heading into the break.

These types of fans harp all over the fact that we allowed 68 1st half points but refuse to accept the fact that the coaching staff & players made proper adjustments @ the half & held NJ under 50 points during the 2nd half to escape with a well deserved victory.

These guys say we played "horrible" all because of a very bad 1st quarter of play. We played with nothing but heart, fight & effort during the entire 2nd half. Something they refuse to accept because of coach hatred

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
Who said anything about falling in love just because of a win? Another Harper lie.

Fans like this try & make it hard for the long time fans who are simply enjoying this season for what it's worth; a chance to make the playoffs with a winning team for the 1st time in 6 years after getting swept by NJ.

It's came to the point where after losing 9 of 10 & 6 consecutive games, that fans "aren't allowed" to enjoy a thrilling OT win over ORL, followed by a strong come back victory after trailing by as many as 15 & 10 heading into the break.

These types of fans harp all over the fact that we allowed 68 1st half points but refuse to accept the fact that the coaching staff & players made proper adjustments @ the half & held NJ under 50 points during the 2nd half to escape with a well deserved victory.

These guys say we played "horrible" all because of a very bad 1st quarter of play. We played with nothing but heart, fight & effort during the entire 2nd half. Something they refuse to accept because of coach hatred

thats a dead on statement... we did play really well in the second half with adjustments. This team has had its ups and downs this year and with this year being the best in a while it makes those ups even more special then they had been in a while. fans deserve to be happy over watching there team get wins thats the whole point of being a fan, getting to enjoy the highs of your team. f these other haters on here who cant find the positive out of the most positive season i think since probably 2000 when we lost ewing(that taste took a couple years to leave my mouth so those playoffs years in 01-04 were bitter) its getting straight annoying reading all the negative on this site.

I agree NewYorkKnicks21. Excellent post.

It's sad that each & every thread (or every other thread) turns into a group of 5 or 6 guys flooding every thread with off topic remarks surrounding nothing but hatred for a head coach.

Why not just make an official MDA hatred thread & allow Knicks who wanna talk basketball the chance to talk basketball? I never joined this site to talk MDA unless it's an MDA related thread. Yes, I'm a coach supporter, but you don't see me talking about MDA unless it's about MDA or another coach replacing him inside of threads such as offseason moves, draft's, Denver Nuggets, free agents, playoff standing threads, Billups, predict the schedule, next 4 games are must wins, Amare has no heart, Rady appreciation thread, MIA-CHI-BOS threads etc etc.

I've never once trolled those types of threads with off topic MDA related post's. I check my MDA support @ the door.

Some posters find ways to turn threads into negative MDA bashing 24/7.

It's been like this way before I joined KO.

Just look @ this thread or every other one. It shouldn't happen to any; 1 is too many.

I created this as a feel good post-game after 2 wins after 6 consecutive L's. Some people couldn't handle fans being happy.

Fans such as myself, Jim, STAT1, KnicksWillRiseAgain, Kiyaman, Petescud, NYK21 & TR1LL10N all added post-game insight & seemed to be relieved that we're turning the corner after a disaster month losing 9 of 10 & 6 consecutive gms etc.

It wouldn't take long for the off topic or coach hatred to follow. Great for KO.

Crazy started going off topic during the 1st page (something that I've never done to him during his playoff thread or gameday threads).

la2ny made a 1 sentance post adding nothing to Crazy's off topic post.

NYK17: "We watched the game. We don't need another post about nothing".

Papz had to start talking about how MDA isn't the right coach for the future of NY (again?).

Harper: "23 mins of the worst coached b-ball I've ever seen", "Death to MDA in NY" etc, etc. Just like always.