Pay Lee (no homo)

New New York

Quiet Storm
Lee may be looking for $10mil... Nate is also up for an extension

Cap is around $60mil... payroll is around $100 right now.

Would you give him the $10mil?

I would.

When you think about extensions you have to look at work ethic of a player and durability. For instance, Kenyon Martin seemed well worth his extension but he hadnt played a full season in his whole carreer leading up to the extension, including 20 missed game the year the extension was granted. So was it a major surprise that he broke down soon after he was granted the extension? Lets take Erik Dampeir as a player thought to be a All Star player in his contract year, but has tanked since signing due to a lack of work ethic.But the good news for Knick fans is that both Lee and Robinson are players who work hard and have gotten better every year! Both players have shown to be durable and hard working, so I have to agree with you that Lee should be resigned and I think Nate as well. I know that we all dream for the day that we are under cap, and these signings could make it even longer before we are, but there are certain players who you don't let go. Neither one are All Stars, but the type of players that just help tems win, like Bruce Bowen is to the Spurs or Hedo to The Magic.

Lee 10 million per

Nate 7-8 million per

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
MSG,

Cam is wild homo.

camron%20in%20purple.jpg

portega1968

El Cacique
Im dont know the exact details for Curry's deal, but I believe that it is a team option for the 2010-11 season, not a player option.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Lee and Curry for who?

Curry's deal is up next year anyway, so I dont know what's the hurry.
Portega, Curry's contract expires in 2011, and he has 30 million dollars left. He has a player option. I like Lee, but if we could throw Curry in the garbage can, it's worth trading him.

Last edited:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think that would actually make Knick fans hate Curry even more if he cost us Lee!

I'm actually not that desperate to move Curry because of his opt out clause this off season. Think about it he's coming off the bench for the first time since his rookie season, he is being forced to run like hell daily! So giving up Lee for him may not be at all neccessary, Eddy may just quit!
Why would Curry opt out? If he opts out, nobody will sign him for 10 million dollars(which is what his current annual salary is). I don't want to trade Lee, but I would do if it meant unloading a fat, lazy scrub that has 30 million dollars left on his contract. The Knicks could find someone just as good or better than Lee, with 30 million dollars of capspace. I think it's worth it, as long as we get expiring contracts and one or two draft picks(first or second round) in return.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Why would Curry opt out? If he opts out, nobody will sign him for 10 million dollars(which is what his current annual salary is). I don't want to trade Lee, but I would do if it meant unloading a fat, lazy scrub that has 30 million dollars left on his contract. The Knicks could find someone just as good or better than Lee, with 30 million dollars of capspace. I think it's worth it, as long as we get expiring contracts and one or two draft picks(first or second round) in return.

Ok let me ask you a question!! If you are willing to trade Lee just to get rid of Curry's big contract does that mean you would be willing to do the same trade except with Marbury in it instead of Curry?? Marbury has a big contract that if we get rid of then that would clear alot of space to go after a free agent.Don't get me wrong I would love to see Curry leave b/c of his contract but I also feel Marbury is in the same boat with his contract.

As for us trading Lee,imo that will never happen!!

Stratos

Rookie
They won't trade David Lee because of these three reasons:

1. He's playing great now.
2. He's got a lot of potential. I predict he'll average 16pts and 10 rebounds this year.
3. He's a fan favorite.

Same logic applies to Nate Robinson, except he isn't as solid as Lee. But the Knicks will probably keep both, especially Lee,

New New York

Quiet Storm

Ok you're right Curry opting out is wishful thinking. But, I think we could possibly move him without including Lee in the package. Now you're right in that no one is going to trade for Curry straight up so we would likely have to sweetin the deal, but Lee is making it too sweet.

Yeah we're at a real interesting time, we need to cut cost, but at the same time we have players we need to think about resigning. My thinking is we sign Lee because letting him go with nothing to show would hurt too much.

Paul1355

All Star
Lee has to stay

This guy is a machine in the post. And he is hitting that mid range shot that we know can always make him a starter if that is solid.

Does everything right. Zach is doing great too but he has to go, contract too high. Trade him for a Center. Keep Lee at PF.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
i think zach and curry will become more tradeable next season when they become less of a gamble for other teams with only 1 year left in their contract. if i was the other team, i would trade an expiring contract for them. with 1 year left, you have a legitimate low post option that could bring a team to the next level. So there's no need to include lee.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i think zach and curry will become more tradeable next season when they become less of a gamble for other teams with only 1 year left in their contract. if i was the other team, i would trade an expiring contract for them. with 1 year left, you have a legitimate low post option that could bring a team to the next level. So there's no need to include lee.
Eddy Curry & Zach Randolph will have 2 years left on his contract, after this season.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This is the dumbest post I've read in a while.....

David Lee looks like he improved in the off season. If i was him tho i wouldn't resign with New York if i cared about winning.

Eddy Curry has 3 years and 30 million dollars left on his contract. If we could unload that contract, by including Lee, I don't care.

Paul1355

All Star

Each got 2 years left but Zach has more value even though he cost more. He is starting, proving that he is a force on offense and off the boards, and isn't causing problems. (unlike Curry.) If he keeps this up, Zach can be traded come trade deadline for a decent move.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
Each got 2 years left but Zach has more value even though he cost more. He is starting, proving that he is a force on offense and off the boards, and isn't causing problems. (unlike Curry.) If he keeps this up, Zach can be traded come trade deadline for a decent move.

right, zach and eddy has 3 years left on their contracts (2008-2009; 2009-2010; 2010-2011). what I meant to say before was...next season, they have basically 1 year left not counting the current season (2009-2010). So what could happen is right before the trade deadline, the knicks could trade both of them for contracts that will expire in the end of the 2009-2010 season. in that situation, zach and eddy will have the remaining 2009-2010 season and the full 2010-2011. this will allow the knicks to be under the cap in the summer of 2010 when lebron and others will be free agents. and the other team gets either zach and eddy for basically a garbage player with an expiring contract and the other team doesn't really commit much other than basically a season with zach and eddy's contracts. i hope that makes sense.

Paul1355

All Star
right, zach and eddy has 3 years left on their contracts (2008-2009; 2009-2010; 2010-2011). what I meant to say before was...next season, they have basically 1 year left not counting the current season (2009-2010). So what could happen is right before the trade deadline, the knicks could trade both of them for contracts that will expire in the end of the 2009-2010 season. in that situation, zach and eddy will have the remaining 2009-2010 season and the full 2010-2011. this will allow the knicks to be under the cap in the summer of 2010 when lebron and others will be free agents. and the other team gets either zach and eddy for basically a garbage player with an expiring contract and the other team doesn't really commit much other than basically a season with zach and eddy's contracts. i hope that makes sense.

All I know is that these two guys will go to two separate teams. Don't expect both of these guys to come in a package in a trade lol
If we trade any of these guys we should get a Center who can rebound and block shots. A scoring Center is not needed, a defensive center is a need on this team. We could also use another shooting guard or a PF.

Zach and Curry

for

Defensive Center....backup PF for Lee...backup SG for Crawford.

And a pick would be good.

Lee and N8Rob will be on the roster for a while, bet.

Nate will more than likely be our point guard of the future. Yeah, i said it...D'antoni's got a hard on for him and he fits the system perfect, i wouldnt be surprised to see D'antoni stick with the Marbury/Duhon experiment until next season, where we'll keep N8 and make him starter and beef up around him, nohomo

Lee will more than likely avg bigtime double double numbers. More than likely 20/14 imo...i see him being a problem for a lot of teams match up wise this year, and all i keep hearing about/seeing is that jumper.

Nate, Lee, Chandler, Gallo (IF), -insert 2010 player(s) here-.

not too bad in the system we'll be in...especially depending on who's out there at SG/C to grab up...Whens Tyson Chandler up? Im thinkin he just extended, but yeah...times look to be changing..

also,did anyone see the article about Isiah in the ?Daily News?, saying that his draft picks and him being a scout MAY just balance out all the problems he brought us. between nate, chandler, lee i may agree...the other rumor is Q.Rich is seeing his possible end of being a starter, Chandler may take his spot by the end of the pre-season.

go knickerbockers

paris401

Starter
for lee to be a 20/14 guy, i think he needs more then a 3ft jumper... since i have not seen him this pre-season, i am going by last season where if the shot was between 3-6 ft he was hitting 50%... lets not even talk about over 6ft out...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
for lee to be a 20/14 guy, i think he needs more then a 3ft jumper... since i have not seen him this pre-season, i am going by last season where if the shot was between 3-6 ft he was hitting 50%... lets not even talk about over 6ft out...
David Lee's jumpshot is much improved, from what I've seen in the preseason. However, we'll have to see what he does in the regular season. It's hard to tell how a player is going to turn out by preseason alone. A lot of players do better in the preseason, because there's less competitiveness and less pressure, if you make a mistake.

Last edited:

so you havent seen him this pre-season or (im assuming practice footage), AND you're saying he had a ...3ft jumper before?

basically you said "i dont know...i dont know....if...lie...i dont know...lets not even talk about over 6ft.."..

lee has a jumper thats much more than 3ft...some say its 3ft multiplied by 4...or even 5!