Pay Lee (no homo)

portega1968

El Cacique
I read Lee dedicated two hours every day this summer on his jumpers out to 15 feet and it seems he's got the mechanics working, so his jumpers are definitely improved

give him until the first ten games before you issue judgement on his improvement.

paris401

Starter
so you havent seen him this pre-season or (im assuming practice footage), AND you're saying he had a ...3ft jumper before?

basically you said "i dont know...i dont know....if...lie...i dont know...lets not even talk about over 6ft.."..

lee has a jumper thats much more than 3ft...some say its 3ft multiplied by

4...or even 5!

what i am saying is that other then dunking the ball, lee had a limited (very limited) offensive game last year..

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Any new information on Lee and whether Dolan is going to give him a new contract??Come on Dolan do the right thing for once and sign this kid to stay a Knick for a long time.

portega1968

El Cacique
for whatever it's worth, ESPN's insider (yeah right) Chad Ford (or as Peter Vecsey calls him, Chad Fraud):

Walsh has tried to move Randolph and/or Eddy Curry instead, but he isn't having any luck. If we get to late January or February and Randolph and Curry are both on the roster, Walsh is going to have to include Lee to sweeten the package. That's a steep price to pay for the mere chance to lure LeBron to New York. But if he caves and pays Lee, the Knicks are basically stuck with the same crappy team until 2011. I don't think Walsh -- or the Knicks' long-suffering fan contingent -- has that much patience.

LOOKS LIKE CHAD FORD WAS READING THIS THREAD

richtree

Rotation player
Lee is a good player., but you don't want to over pay for this guy when you need a big man that we will have to shell out some bucks for...

portega1968

El Cacique
NYTimes today reports that Walsh has not talked yet to the agents of David Lee or Nate Robinson. Walsh said that he will contact them next week, but that he's in no hurry to get a deal done until he sees more of these guys.