PTI Discuss Knicks/Marbury...8.4.05

ok but wilt was selfish he was telling the coach i wont practice i wont go to shoot around that type of behavior will get you fined and/or suspended i know that team of boston won 8n str8 titles i know that but all things aside all i know is you respect my opninion and i respect your unlike other people here on this ameture board

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
i respect that you see Marbury for what he is, but you gotta see the good things as well. Will trading him outweight the pros and cons of keeping him? I say no. Wilt changed the game to the point where you can't compare him to a guy like Marbury. I see where you're going with it, and it's a valid point, but Wilt did so much for the league that you can't just write him off like that. Basketball is a team game, and it's not about the 5 best players on the floor...its about the 5 players that play the best together. Wilt never had much of a team around him. Hopefully, Isiah can make that happen for us...

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
His own history is against him, but I'm a believer that people can change, but only if they truly want to. I think Steph can and will.

did timy change after 8 yrs did olowakandi change did keith van korn all those players dint change its bs there is like 1 in a 100 mircalous changes and there are 450 nba players

Skyhi300

Benchwarmer
Hey i watched PTI today and as much as i'd like Larry Brown to come to NY i think its highly doubtful, he said he wouldn't coach anywhere but Detroit and thats where i believe he's gonna stay

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Williams defense is just as bad if not worse than Marbury's. Swift is most likely going to Atlanta for big $$$. Nuggets already have a good PG....ever heard of Andre Miller and Earl Boykins?

Nice try though.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
Williams defense is just as bad if not worse than Marbury's

Just please stop talking....please.....u have no idea what your talking about

J-will is a great defender........

marbury is always getting ****ed on (im not sure if im allowed to curse) he always gets taken off the dribble and that is why the knicks would lose

we had no one down low to stop the penetration so it was an easy bucket or a kickout for an easy 3

i dont no how many knicks games u acually watched last year.....but marbury is a horrible defender.....he may pick a few passes off once in a while but thats it....

but he makes up 4 that on offense......he dosent turn the ball over that often and is a good finisher....But he has not defense which isaiah thomas is looking for so thats the reason y hes being rumored in leaving

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
KnicksFan20 said:
Williams defense is just as bad if not worse than Marbury's

Just please stop talking....please.....u have no idea what your talking about

J-will is a great defender........

marbury is always getting ****ed on (im not sure if im allowed to curse) he always gets taken off the dribble and that is why the knicks would lose

we had no one down low to stop the penetration so it was an easy bucket or a kickout for an easy 3

i dont no how many knicks games u acually watched last year.....but marbury is a horrible defender.....he may pick a few passes off once in a while but thats it....

but he makes up 4 that on offense......he dosent turn the ball over that often and is a good finisher....But he has not defense which isaiah thomas is looking for so thats the reason y hes being rumored in leaving

Jason Williams is a great defender, huh. Ok buddy. Then I guess J-Dub is a great defender.

Oh....wait. Then I woke up and realized you're full of shit. You are def. the first person I've ever heard say J-Dub is not just a good defender, but a great one. Have you been watching old tapes of King games and you're enamored by his flashy passes and run-up 3 point bombs that made Adelman pull his hair out. Have YOU watched either player lately??? Marbury is a below average to average defender for his position, and Jason is the same if not worse. He averaged about 1 steal a game this season, and Marbury was closer to 2. Marbury is also a more physical defender when he DOES assert himself, and J-Dub has never been known for his defense in the first place.....not ever. So I don't know where you're getting this from, but you should def. watch more ball games or something.

Why would anyone want to our point guard, marbury out? He is the ellite pg in the NBA. He is way better than Jason Kidd. He is averaging at least 20 ppg and at least 8 assists. What more could you ask from a pg. I know a lot of "supersticious" people thought after he said that he was the "best pg in the nba" and Knicks went into their losing streak that it was his fault. Give me a break!!! The reason was a bad coach and other players. If anyone needs to be traded it should be Crawford, who was a good player before his injury and has been incosistent after it. If Knicks trade Marbury, it will be one of the worst moves in Knicks history. Crawford at pg will not be consistent. Marbury can't win games on his own. I tell you if you had 2004-05 Knicks roaster and had Jason Kidd instead of Marbury, the Knicks record would be even worse. This Marbury bashing is surely got people's head messed up. Who will be Knicks top scorer if Marbury is traded? Crawford? TT? Frye? Crawford is the most inconsistent Knick and should be traded. TT is ok, but he is very injury prone. Frye is a rookie in the NBA and don't expect him to be a leader. Odom, whch a lot of Knicks fans would trade for Marbury is a joke. In my opinion Knicks should trade Crawford, he is injury prone and is inconsistent

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
So somebody who gets beat off the dribble all the time is a better defender then someone who is good at keepin there defender in front of them???

im not gonnna look at stats.....but marbury may have more steals.....mostly off pickoffs..........

if uve seen n e knick games last year and see how he cant stop the pg thne ud agree

u see the knicks vs the kings when bibby.....demolished and made marbury look like a 12 year old kid was guarding him.......

and bibby isnt even the best scorer in the league........

MARBURY CANT DEFEND......PLAIN AND SIMPLE

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
This has nothing to do /w/ whether Marbury is a good defender. This has to do with your statement that Williams is a "GREAT" defender.

You should probly just jump off the boat, b/c jocking a player like J-Dub makes you look foolish. There's a reason why the Kings dealt him, and why Memphis is on the verge of doing the same...

KnicksFan20 said:
So somebody who gets beat off the dribble all the time is a better defender then someone who is good at keepin there defender in front of them???

im not gonnna look at stats.....but marbury may have more steals.....mostly off pickoffs..........

if uve seen n e knick games last year and see how he cant stop the pg thne ud agree

u see the knicks vs the kings when bibby.....demolished and made marbury look like a 12 year old kid was guarding him.......

and bibby isnt even the best scorer in the league........

MARBURY CANT DEFEND......PLAIN AND SIMPLE

That game against the Kings was an upset and bibby is not that great, certainly not as good as Marbury. You expect pg to fo EVERYTHING, defend, rebound, play offensive ...ect. Marbury could not win it on his own. Marbury is our best thief so far averaging 1.5 steals. What about Crawford? He only get 1.3 steals 4.3 assists( if you put him as a pg, he will be a disaster comparing to marbury's 8.2 assists. Crawford has to be traded. He is inconsistent. Why is noone blaming Craword, in a game against the bulls which we lost 91-92 we had a chance to win(if Crawford would have made free throws) he missed them. Marbury is our best ft shooter. As far a defence concern, other players should defend.

KnicksFan20

Rotation player
wut about those 2-3 games where marbury lost it because he held the ball 2 long and we had finaly posestion and he messed it up 2CE

or about those 2 game winning shots crawford had to win games.....

i am not doubting marburys offensive skills.......im talking about his defense

acually ariza would be our best guy averaging almot 1 steal a game with wu 12 mins a game........

i never once said marbury was a bad offensive guy he is poor defensively and he constantly get beaten off the dribble witch hurts us witch causes our team to have to help out on his man leaving other people open

:afro:

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
ya, ur making excuses. this arguement has nothing to do /w/ marbury. it has to do /w/ your ridiculous statement that Jason Williams is a "GREAT DEFENDER."

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
first of all cheezy....i am a big knick fan but lets face the facts....marbury is not a better PG than jason kidd....jason kidd is known as a winner and marbury is known as a loser...jason kidd could do every thing for u and play some defense...he makes the players around him better....marbury is just a better scorer but the last time i check that is the SG's job and when it comes to steals marbury is not the best knick, ariza is the best wit steals he just wasnt gettin the time...i rather see crawford at the PG and marbury at the 2 cuz that will put crawford passin more than shootin and crawford is controllable at the one

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
Marbury gives you an intangible most players can't : ALL HEART. He's not perfect, but Marbury goes all or nothing. His defense isn't that bad, and is about average for a PG. He averaged close to 2 steals a game last season, and while not the best teammate, he's getting better.

Whether or not it's the best way to go, I just don't see Isiah trading Marbury. In fact, the only players that I see him considering are Taylor, JYD, Timmy, Penny, and Sweetney...

NYK Way

Benchwarmer
You cant expect one player to do it all. For example two years ago when Shaq left Los Angeles did the Lakers make the playoffs? We havent had one decent big man for Marbury. If Marbury had a Shaq or a KG or a Duncan things would have been different...

GD 8

Rookie
this marbury trading conversation annoys me a lot.c'mon guys he's our leader,he's ny native,a true knick fan and of course one of the top if not the best pg in the game.the way i see it all he needs is some really good help so he finally has a legitimate roster around him.he needs this chance,isiah will give it to him and we ll see big things from the knicks the next years.just make some good trades,get some players that will help for real.marbury can be our leader and he will be

p.s by the way i love jason williams.man he's so flashy and so accurate.i just love the way he plays even though it may cost to the team.imagine him streetballing...