PTI Discuss Knicks/Marbury...8.4.05

bobs3304

Benchwarmer
I agree /w/ Theatre in so much that Stephon is playing out of position. Let's face it, he's a SG that needs a pure PG by his side. Only problem is, he doesnt really have the one-on-one capabilities of a Steve Francis or AI. He has no choice, due to his lack of size and less than stellar 1-on-1 moves , but to play the point and mold his game to fit that style.

But let's go further - Marbury is, yes, selfish - in a way. He's selfish b/c he believes he's perfect just the way he is, and it's not that he needs to or should change, it's that he's an incredible talent that has been duped into believing he's a great PG. Let's face it - he's a great PLAYER, but far from a great PG.

Marbury is just a step behind Stevie and AI, although Franchise is the one player in the NBA that I'd personally put a hit out on (mafia style).

Marbury should be traded b/c of the new run and gun style of play Isiah wants to enforce, and b/c his trade value will continue to drop as he gets older. 21 Million in 2 years ---- not for me.