Realistic Trades you like for the Knicks

BernardKing

Rookie
Here's one that I would like with the Spurs:

DLee (sign-and-trade... base year comp... blah blah...)
+
Jeffries

For:

Roger Mason, Matt Bonner, George Hill, Marcus Williams (all expiring contracts)

The Spurs need a PF who can score, and we need cap room next summer.

Here's one that I would like with the T-Wolves:

DLee (sign-and-trade... base year comp... blah blah...)
+
Joe Crawford (salary throw in)

For:

Rubio's draft rights and Brian Cardinal (expiring salary throw in)

Now that Rubio has indicated that he'll be in Spain for two more years, Kahn might want to trade his draft rights. Keep in mind that Minnesota doesn't get to own his draft rights forever. If Rubio plays out his two years over there, then sits out one year, Minnesota loses his draft rights and he re-enters the NBA draft as a 21 year old.

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
What's this about losing draft rights?

I still remember us having Frederic Weis' draft rights and trading them for Patrick Ewing Jr...and we drafted Weis like 10 years ago...

ANU

Starter
i want rudy, and i don't want harrington/hughes/duduhon.portland reportldy wants lee, can we get rudy damnit?

dave2138

Rotation player
Now that Rubio has indicated that he'll be in Spain for two more years, Kahn might want to trade his draft rights. Keep in mind that Minnesota doesn't get to own his draft rights forever. If Rubio plays out his two years over there, then sits out one year, Minnesota loses his draft rights and he re-enters the NBA draft as a 21 year old.

Rubio is not that stupid though..Why would he sit out a year and re-enter the NBA draft instead of just playing 2 years in Minnesota and becoming a FA? Rubio would play in Minnesota or Memphis or Oklahoma now, but because he has 2 years remaining on his contract in Spain its better to stay there. Once that ends though its pretty much a given that he will play with whatever team that owns his draft rights.

I could see Minnesota waiting a year or 2 and then trade Rubio's draft rights since he will have greater value at age 20 than at age 18. Anything that they could get for Rubio now won't make them into a playoff contender so why bother.

BernardKing

Rookie
What's this about losing draft rights?

I still remember us having Frederic Weis' draft rights and trading them for Patrick Ewing Jr...and we drafted Weis like 10 years ago...

Here's the mumbo jumbo from the Salary Cap FAQ:
"If the player is already under contract to, or signs a contract with a non-NBA team, the team retains the player's draft rights for one year after the player's obligation to the non-NBA team ends..."
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q42

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Again, that all makes sense. That'd mean that Minnesota has Rubio's draft rights for calendar year 2009, 2010, and 2011. Which is fine and dandy, and awesome especially since Rubio could probably sign a one year contract with a Spanish team pretty easily (it says once the player's obligation to the non-NBA team ends, in this case it'd be DKV Joventut), it doesn't say anything about signing a contract with a new team.

I suppose we still had Frederic Weis' draft rights because it was probably during the time of a previous collective bargaining agreement...

metrocard

Legend
Rubio honestly shouldn't waste his time in Europe, he has nothing to prove over there...he's done mostly everything a teen can do, and an NBA championship has more value and respect than a Euroleague championship...so really, Rubio has a chance to be an NBA Legend, thats how good he is...he should really tell his agent to get him on a NBA team that can use a real PG...

a Rubio/Flynn backcourt would be disastrous since both guys need the ball in their hands.

dave2138

Rotation player
saw this idea on another forum..

Curry + Mobley to Minnesota for Etan Thomas, Brian Cardinal and Mark Madsen.

Contracts work out, but Thomas can't be traded until August 24 so will have to wait until then.

latiger12

Rookie
But if he doesn't play we might have a hard time trading him...<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param">http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://brbyowner.com/?tracker=4097" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

For sure, we have to get him on the court.

portega1968

El Cacique
dont care how it happens...get josh smith

FUUUUCKING COSIGN BIG TIME

Josh would be our Amare in Dantoni's system... maybe even better if he can improve his 18ft J

i want rudy, and i don't want harrington/hughes/duduhon.portland reportldy wants lee, can we get rudy damnit?

we may be dealing DLee to Portland, but not for Fernandez. It would be something like Steve Blake and Travis Outlaw in return (more SFs)

saw this idea on another forum..

Curry + Mobley to Minnesota for Etan Thomas, Brian Cardinal and Mark Madsen.

Contracts work out, but Thomas can't be traded until August 24 so will have to wait until then.

Curry will be part of the 3way to Houston where we receive Josh Smith and send Chandler to Atlanta.

dave2138

Rotation player
Curry will be part of the 3way to Houston where we receive Josh Smith and send Chandler to Atlanta.

When did this happen? Chandler and Curry will not get Josh Smith..Thats a retarded trade for Atlanta to give up a 23 year old with his talent signed to a reasonable long term deal.

Sprewell

Rookie
All I have to say is that we should look at possible trades with the team that is run by Mike Dunleavey. Trading with him is like trading in career mode for all the NBA video games when you turn off the CPU's ability to turn down a trade.

sjmp

Rookie
Curry

If Walsh can get Curry on the court and he shows any resemblence of being able to play 70 games. I would love to see if Houston would send us McGrady's expiring contract (he is out until mid-season and houston does not have anyone on the roster over 6'9) it is basically a swap.

Now why would houston do this... dont know, depends how desparate they get.

Does anyone know if Curry could be asked to play in the summer league, or is there a clause relative to his NBA service that lets him decline?

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
If Walsh can get Curry on the court and he shows any resemblence of being able to play 70 games. I would love to see if Houston would send us McGrady's expiring contract (he is out until mid-season and houston does not have anyone on the roster over 6'9) it is basically a swap.

Now why would houston do this... dont know, depends how desparate they get.

Does anyone know if Curry could be asked to play in the summer league, or is there a clause relative to his NBA service that lets him decline?

We definitely need to get rid of Curry somehow. But why does everyone think that Curry - McGrady deal is a good one?

I mean McGradys time is done and he will not contribute anything to our team, except for staying in the bench.

We should definitely try to deal Curry, but why not with a player that we can actually use?

JayJ44

Starter
We definitely need to get rid of Curry somehow. But why does everyone think that Curry - McGrady deal is a good one?

I mean McGradys time is done and he will not contribute anything to our team, except for staying in the bench.

We should definitely try to deal Curry, but why not with a player that we can actually use?

Beggars can't be choosers...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

It would be a salry dump(2010) and talent upgrade at worst and a potential acquisition of a franchise caliber player at best. (if he can stay healthy and is willing to sign a reasonable deal next year, if not cya!)

2009 NBA Classic @ Times Union Center in Albany NY

The Times Union Center is proud to be hosting the 20009 NBA Classic featuring the NY Knicks and NJ Nets. The Game is taking place Sunday, October 4th, at 2pm. We are offering discounted tickets to groups of 10 or more through the Group Sales Department. My name is Ken and you can reach me at 518-487-2017. Come watch the Knicks showcase their newly acquired rookies and players!

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
The Times Union Center is proud to be hosting the 20009 NBA Classic featuring the NY Knicks and NJ Nets. The Game is taking place Sunday, October 4th, at 2pm. We are offering discounted tickets to groups of 10 or more through the Group Sales Department. My name is Ken and you can reach me at 518-487-2017. Come watch the Knicks showcase their newly acquired rookies and players!

Why we would want tickets for an event that will happend 18000 years from now. LOOOOOOOOOL.

Now on a serious note. Did you joined this site because your are a knicks fan or just to make a sales pitch?

AlboKnickFan

Benchwarmer
I want Andre Miller in for Chris Duhon. ANd if somehow Walsh can make a deal to trade Jeffries as well. Maybe get Miller and a future draft pick for Duhon and Jeffries.

We really need a point guard to make things happen for us. I think Miller is been around with a very good career and stats. At least he is better than Duhon. :)

Also, Carlos Boozer would not be a bad idea since his contract expires next year. But anyways if we look at it realistically Boozer at this point is better than any current Knick player.

So if we get Miller and Boozer for example the lineup would look like this.

PG - Andre Miller
SG - Larry Hughes, T.Douglas, NATE
SF - Danillo Gallinari - Wilson Chandler
PW - Carlos Boozer - David Lee - Jordan Hill
C - Tsikishvilli - Darko Milicic

p.s. Mike D`Antoni would never start rookies in real NBA season games unless they are Blake Griffins.