away.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York KnicksIndiana Pacers
OG Anunoby - Hamstring (OUT)Tyrese Haliburton - Back spasms (QUEST)
Jalen Brunson - Foot injury (QUEST)Bennedict Mathurin - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)
Mitchell Robinson - Stress injury on left ankle (OUT)-
Bojan Bogdanovic - Left foot and wrist surgery (OUT)-
Julius Randle - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)-
Duane Washington Jr. - Knee (OUT)-
Charlie Brown - Concussion (OUT)-

Game Preview

Jalen Brunson will look to help the New York Knicks take a commanding lead in their Eastern Conference semifinal series against the Indiana Pacers on Friday when the teams play Game 3 in Indianapolis.

Brunson followed up his 43-point performance in New York's 121-117 victory in the series opener by overcoming a right foot injury to score 29 points in a 130-121 win on Wednesday.

"The mental toughness piece is so important," Knicks coach Tom Thibodeau said. "To get through things. To be at your best when your best is needed, even when you may not be feeling your best. That's who (Jalen) is. He's a great leader."

Brunson exited late in the first quarter in Game 2 due to his injury before returning to the floor to test his foot at halftime. That sight apparently lit a spark for the second-seeded Knicks, who overcame a 10-point halftime deficit to outlast the Pacers.

"We're just sticking together no matter what, no matter what the situation is, no matter what's thrown at us, no matter what's at a disadvantage for us, we're just going to stick together and that's the thing we always harp on," Brunson said.

Brunson is averaging a robust 35.6 points per game this postseason for injury-riddled New York, which saw OG Anunoby sustain a hamstring injury on a transition play in the third quarter. Anunoby did not return to the contest and finished with a career playoff-high 28 points on Wednesday. His availability for Game 3 was not immediately known.

Now the series shifts to Indianapolis, and Pacers coach Rick Carlisle told reporters that he'd like to see a correction in what he believes is unbalanced officiating.

"Small-market teams deserve an equal shot. They deserve a fair shot no matter where they're playing," said Carlisle, who received two technical fouls and was ejected on Wednesday.

Indiana's T.J. McConnell praised the fire shown by Carlisle but noted he isn't interested in pointing the finger at the officials.

"We're not gonna sit here and blame officials. We gotta be better. It's just that simple," McConnell said. "They smashed us on the boards again (in Game 2) and just brought more energy than we did. We gotta fix that."

To McConnell's point, the sixth-seeded Pacers were outrebounded 40-32 in the series opener and 44-34 on Wednesday.

Tyrese Haliburton rebounded from a dismal six-point showing in the series opener to score 34 on Wednesday. He made 11 of 19 shots -- including 7 of 11 from 3-point range -- to go along with nine assists and six rebounds.

"I just felt like we took advantage of what was given," Haliburton said. "Obviously, watching the Game 1 film, it has obviously been sitting with us that we gotta be better of getting downhill and getting more paint attacks."

Unfortunately for the Pacers, their frontcourt members were unable to consistently sink their shots -- namely Pascal Siakam (7 of 18), Myles Turner (3 of 11) and Aaron Nesmith (2 of 7). Those struggles didn't help matters against a Knicks team that shot a robust 57.0 percent from the floor and 46.7 percent from 3-point range.

"We just missed some looks," Haliburton said. "It happens over the course of a series."
--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Thanks for the Knicks Friday night Game Thread !!!

Precious Achuwa is in the starter lineup to replace a injured OG.
Haliburton starting the game hitting 2-3 from the 3 ball line to make the score
Pacers 14 - Knicks 4
We are a come back team, no need to worry

mafra

Legend
Knicks need DDV to score 25 to have a chance. So far he’s missed 2 wide open 3s, airballed a mid range jumper and flubbed a layup. Achiwa somehow just threw the ball back court and led Indy on a fastbreak. You simply can’t make that turnover in this type of game and get minutes. Knicks have too many injuries so he’ll continue to play…. But that play is a 4 point swing and momentum killer. He’s not being guarded hard. Still has his dribble and he simply tosses an errant pass towards mid court. Bball 101

mafra

Legend
DDV heating up. McBride, Achiwa and Burks shaking off the rust and starting to get into a flow. Sims sighting. Knicks have played poorly and yet only down 35-33. Keep this close in 4th and we know Indy will fold.

Knicks could really use a sweep and BoS/CLE to go 7. Get a week to rest and recoup. Huge game!!! Let’s go.

Kiyaman

Legend
Divo & Haliburton are hot from the 3 ball line
6 min remain in quarter .. Knicks 38 - Pacers 43
Burks and McBride added 5 pts each off the bench
We still dont give our big men (Sims) a shot in 4 min

Kiyaman

Legend
DDV heating up. McBride, Achiwa and Burks shaking off the rust and starting to get into a flow. Sims sighting. Knicks have played poorly and yet only down 35-33. Keep this close in 4th and we know Indy will fold.

Knicks could really use a sweep and BoS/CLE to go 7. Get a week to rest and recoup. Huge game!!! Let’s go.

We missed our chance for a SWEEP by not giving Precious playing time in our first 4 games against the 76ers

mafra

Legend
Achiwa has to play with more urgency and anticipation. He’s not getting to 50/50 balls in the paint. Do what you did there after timeout. Urgency and intelligence and a dunk!