stephen a smith reports lebron is leaning heavily towards NY

tiger0330

Legend
Is the Knicks mgt. trustworthy? I sure hope he doesn't talk to Eddie Curry, Steph or Larry Hughes. I don't think either of those guys is going to have anything nice to say about the Knicks.

We were never out of contention for Lebron, major media outlets outside of the city just hate NY, it's plain and simple. Stephen A. is usually pretty accurate, but he is biased. Guess we will just have to keep waiting.

moneyg

Starter
I'd love to believe this but isn't Stephen A Smith biased to NY? I mean he is a Knick fan...

I think he is about as biased as anyone thats on this site, and many of yall thinks he not comin here. Also, a cleveland reporteer that has covered lebron since hs and has a personal relationship with him and know him better than any reporter , has claimed that the only way lebron leaves cleveland is for the knicks, not anyother team. So I guess he is biased to ny too.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
You guys are such f'n hypocrites lol... when espn says things along these lines about other teams, you jump down their throats acting as if they are the stupidest sport reporters of all time... Stephen A says basically the same thing, and some of you guys THINK that these sources are now beleivable because its slanted towards the Knicks...

I understand wanting to be homers, but start looking at things objectively please...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is in conflict with so many other rumoured "sources" etc.

It sounds more legit because it's Smith, but it's all speculation. He's getting payed to fabricate! If Kiyaman got payed to fabricate, he'd be richer than Bloomberg.

The question is, why would Stephen A lie? All it would do is make him look stupid if LeBron doesn't come. Plus it would hurt his credibility. He has nothing to gain but something to lose from lieing about it.

I think this is legit.

Paul1355

All Star
Good news

....his team is doing major investigation into the knicks front office to make sure it is a trust worthy organization..

he like that he can bring along another player... and shaq.. yes.... shaq will join him for minimal money.....
I believe Stephen A saying that NY is growing on James and his friends are thinking big dreams about it and that James is loking at the mental negatives with joining the Bulls(MJ Shadow) and Heat(Miami-Wade County) are all 100% true.

BUT

Shaq? I highly doubt the James-Shaq combo will happen again because of their lack of success in the playoffs with the Cavs. PLUS...Shaq was the worst addition into Mike D's system in Phoenix that slowed down Mike D's team in Phoenix.

I see Shaq coming here a 15% chance...only if we are desperate.

Lebron coming to NY is increasing, despite the ESPN reports that have him in love with the Bulls, which I think is Lebron's cover for hsi true intentions.

When Larry King does not mention a word about the NY Knicks, there is something that Lebron does not want people to know.

I think Stephen A was right to a certain extent. And I am glad to hear the great news by an insider.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
The question is, why would Stephen A lie? All it would do is make him look stupid if LeBron doesn't come. Plus it would hurt his credibility. He has nothing to gain but something to lose from lieing about it.

I think this is legit.

Really... so the other people who reported Nets, Bulls, back to Cavs etc... those guys had reasons to lie, they had SOMETHING to gain right? C'mon be for real and act like you have some kind of sense

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I believe Stephen A saying that NY is growing on James and his friends are thinking big dreams about it and that James is loking at the mental negatives with joining the Bulls(MJ Shadow) and Heat(Miami-Wade County) are all 100% true.

BUT

Shaq? I highly doubt the James-Shaq combo will happen again because of their lack of success in the playoffs with the Cavs. PLUS...Shaq was the worst addition into Mike D's system in Phoenix that slowed down Mike D's team in Phoenix.

I see Shaq coming here a 15% chance...only if we are desperate.

Lebron coming to NY is increasing, despite the ESPN reports that have him in love with the Bulls, which I think is Lebron's cover for hsi true intentions.

When Larry King does not mention a word about the NY Knicks, there is something that Lebron does not want people to know.

I think Stephen A was right to a certain extent. And I am glad to hear the great news by an insider.
Well Lebron has to have issues with the Knicks not having a center. Obviously we're a top 3 front runner, but anyone who's anyone knows of the Knicks paint woes.

That's where Chicago make their best bid. We have 8 million SFs, a PG and a fat, slovenly, chauffeur fingering, ass nugget at center.

If James wants NY, he'll be both MVP and MVR (recruiter) of the 2011 season.

**** Shaq though. Might as well bring back Ewing.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
You guys are such f'n hypocrites lol... when espn says things along these lines about other teams, you jump down their throats acting as if they are the stupidest sport reporters of all time... Stephen A says basically the same thing, and some of you guys THINK that these sources are now beleivable because its slanted towards the Knicks...

I understand wanting to be homers, but start looking at things objectively please...

It was plainly obvious that everybody in the national media that talked about LeBron's future right after the Cavs' elimination from the playoffs despised the Knicks.

Why? The Knicks carried out a series of high profile trades to clear cap room, they're NEW YORK, the GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD, and they hire a coach LeBron likes and a shrewd GM, and...nobody even mentions them?

I don't care if some people think LeBron is on his way to Chicago. The media is allowed to think that if they want. But the fact that New York wasn't even brought up AT ALL is a pretty clear sign that there was a heavy bias against the Knicks landing him amongst the writers and bloggers. After all, they don't have to say that the Knicks are certainly going to get him, but they acted as if NY wasn't even in the running - and you have to be REALLY biased to think New York isn't a front runner in the sweepstakes along with Chicago, Cleveland, and New Jersey.

We're just excited that SOMEBODY out there finally recognizes that NY certainly IS important in the process.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Didn't shaq have serious beef with bosh? Calling him the rupaul of big men? Sorry shaq but u ain't comic to the knicks if lebron is coming and bringing bosh with him. I rather give the min vet to Earl Barron and Jermaine oneal

Kiyaman

Legend
This is in conflict with so many other rumoured "sources" etc.

It sounds more legit because it's Smith, but it's all speculation. He's getting payed to fabricate! If Kiyaman got payed to fabricate, he'd be richer than Bloomberg.

I know I been the biggest cynic on this Lebron to Knicks.... 2 year KO chat forum.
However, Steven A. just gave the best news of the Knicks chance of getting Lebron. So alot of members should be hyped.

Getting Lebron will brighten my day b/c Damntoni will soon be FIRED.
:beer: :smokin:

jpz17

Starter
I know I been the biggest cynic on this Lebron to Knicks.... 2 year KO chat forum.
However, Steven A. just gave the best news of the Knicks chance of getting Lebron. So alot of members should be hyped.

You couldn't be further off. Getting LeBron will just seal the deal with D'Antoni thank god. I'm sick of all this crap from idiots like you

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'd love to believe this but isn't Stephen A Smith biased to NY? I mean he is a Knick fan...

I agree. Stephen A. Smith is a Knick fan, and most Knick fans have been using a lot of bias in the Lebron James free agency.

And even if Lebron James was thinking about coming to New York, he has two teams to choose from(Knicks and Nets).

I'm not much of a Lebron James fan, and I would much rather have Dwyane Wade, but I would support Lebron if he came to the Knicks.

I can't blame Walsh if he tries to sign James. That's really the only way he could make up for trading 2 first round picks, passing up on Brook Lopez and Brandon Jennings, and trading Zach Randolph for free and Jamal Crawford for a 6th small forward.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Now that the finals are over all the attention goes back to LeBron. The fireworks begin. As for Shaq, I rather have him then Barron. Barron showed some nice flashes but a motivated Shaq can clog up the middle and make space for Gallo and BronBron. Bosh and Shaq, dunno if they can work out their differnces. Douglas, Bron, Gallo, Bosh, and Shaq is not a shabby squad.
Chandler off the bench with fat curry watching how to clog up the middle like Shaq.
This is a playoff team.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

Agreed. If Lebron James comes to the Knicks, there's no way D'Antoni is staying for more than one season.

D'Antoni requires players to hoist up shots, and James is an isolation type player who needs time to create for himself and others.

James wouldn't do well in a run and gun system, because he's a half court, defensive minded player. So D'Antoni would end up getting the boot.

I really hope Lebron comes to the Knicks, although I don't think it's likely. :crossfingers:

Paul1355

All Star
Well Lebron has to have issues with the Knicks not having a center. Obviously we're a top 3 front runner, but anyone who's anyone knows of the Knicks paint woes.

That's where Chicago make their best bid. We have 8 million SFs, a PG and a fat, slovenly, chauffeur fingering, ass nugget at center.

If James wants NY, he'll be both MVP and MVR (recruiter) of the 2011 season.

**** Shaq though. Might as well bring back Ewing.
We all know that not having a center is a huge issue but we can get a center in a trade, free agency, or draft one if donnie buys a 1st round pick(which is likely). Remember that Donnie finaly has money.

We have 4 players under contract, so if anyone wants to debate on the players on each team it is not fair to bring up the Knicks since they will have a whole new team very soon. This is why ESPN is over rating the Bulls and blindly not rating the Knicks, the Knicks have so many opportunities and flexibility that they can revamp the whole team in a couple of moves.

We do have Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Walker, maybe Barron who are all young pieces that can drastically improve their game with an allstar leading them.

So we have young pieces and a huge room for flexibility which is to our advantage.