stephen a smith reports lebron is leaning heavily towards NY

Kiyaman

Legend
You couldn't be further off. Getting LeBron will just seal the deal with D'Antoni thank god. I'm sick of all this crap from idiots like you

I see u havnt stop with the silly name calling.
Thats why u should be the last person to ever comment on Nate.

Your childish knowledge on NBA B-Ball should know Lebron wants DEFENSIVE settings after he scores.
I am not the only member that is sick of your inconsistent crap on this board. At least Im consistent with who I bash.

Kiyaman

Legend
Agreed. If Lebron James comes to the Knicks, there's no way D'Antoni is staying for more than one season.

D'Antoni requires players to hoist up shots, and James is an isolation type player who needs time to create for himself and others.

James wouldn't do well in a run and gun system, because he's a half court, defensive minded player. So D'Antoni would end up getting the boot.

I really hope Lebron comes to the Knicks, although I don't think it's likely. :crossfingers:

I too, dont see him coming to New York either, the Cavs owner knocked out all the middlemen so he can personally sign Lebron.
I'm curious to see what the Cavs do next week on draft night.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We all know that not having a center is a huge issue but we can get a center in a trade, free agency, or draft one if donnie buys a 1st round pick(which is likely). Remember that Donnie finaly has money.

We have 4 players under contract, so if anyone wants to debate on the players on each team it is not fair to bring up the Knicks since they will have a whole new team very soon. This is why ESPN is over rating the Bulls and blindly not rating the Knicks, the Knicks have so many opportunities and flexibility that they can revamp the whole team in a couple of moves.

We do have Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Walker, maybe Barron who are all young pieces that can drastically improve their game with an allstar leading them.

So we have young pieces and a huge room for flexibility which is to our advantage.
Yeah but duuuuuuuude, a trade for what? We can't just whimsically say " yeah, we can get a center via trade". Out of the billion trade scenarios, free agent signings etc noone has done any better than Okafor and Biedrins!! And both those trades rely on trading Curry.

CoolClyde

Stephen "A" Smith

The "A" stands for A-hole. more BS speculation from "reporters" who have nothing to do with their lives other than assume, and you know what happens when you assume, Felix!

I'm looking forward to Dirk eating his dumplings...
:beer:
:gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
We all know that not having a center is a huge issue but we can get a center in a trade, free agency, or draft one if donnie buys a 1st round pick(which is likely). Remember that Donnie finaly has money.

We have 4 players under contract, so if anyone wants to debate on the players on each team it is not fair to bring up the Knicks since they will have a whole new team very soon. This is why ESPN is over rating the Bulls and blindly not rating the Knicks, the Knicks have so many opportunities and flexibility that they can revamp the whole team in a couple of moves.

We do have Douglas, Chandler, Gallo, Walker, maybe Barron who are all young pieces that can drastically improve their game with an allstar leading them.

So we have young pieces and a huge room for flexibility which is to our advantage.

ESPN/NBATV and so many other sports annoucers/writers has wrote the Knicks off b/c of the previous two seasons of carelessness in mangement/coaching decision making.

Two years ago it was obvious the Knicks had a 2010-Plan b/c it was broadcast by our new president Donnie Walsh.
Which meant certain players are not in the Knicks future at the start of the 2010-11 season.
What players?
PG-Starbury (expiring), PG-Nate (expiring) SG-Crawful, SF-Q.Brick (expiring), SF-Jefferies, SF-Rose (expiring), PF-Lee (expiring) PF-Zach, C-Jerome James (expiring), C-Curry.
The Knicks management had 2 years to get decent replacements for the players above, through 2 lottery picks (6th & 8th), and two MLE signings.

Two years ago.....
Did we have Curry & Jerome James in our future plans? NO!
solution draft C-Lopez
Did we have Marbury & Nate in our future plans? NO!
solution draft PG-Jennings.
Did we have to trade 3 first round picks? hell NO!
solution showcase Marbury/Crawful/Jeff/Zbo/Curry, with young players.
Did Walsh inheret a bad offense/defense roster from Isiah? Yes!
solution add a new lot of offense/defense coaching-staff.
Did Walsh inheret a 23 win team from Isiah? Yes!
solution find a way to win 41 games in your first season as president.
Doing the above was so easy to do for president Donnie Walsh to get recognition as a new and improve Knick franchise.
There is no excuses or buts...

Paul1355

All Star
ESPN/NBATV and so many other sports annoucers/writers has wrote the Knicks off b/c of the previous two seasons of carelessness in mangement/coaching decision making.

Two years ago it was obvious the Knicks had a 2010-Plan b/c it was broadcast by our new president Donnie Walsh.
Which meant certain players are not in the Knicks future at the start of the 2010-11 season.
What players?
PG-Starbury (expiring), PG-Nate (expiring) SG-Crawful, SF-Q.Brick (expiring), SF-Jefferies, SF-Rose (expiring), PF-Lee (expiring) PF-Zach, C-Jerome James (expiring), C-Curry.
The Knicks management had 2 years to get decent replacements for the players above, through 2 lottery picks (6th & 8th), and two MLE signings.

Two years ago.....
solution draft C-Lopez
Doing the above was so easy to do for president Donnie Walsh to get recognition as a new and improve Knick franchise.
Obviously the Knicks have a bad image because of Isiah with his horrible trades but they(ESPN) honestly does not look at the flexibility the Knicks have and the fact that Donnie Walsh HAS to make this the most important year of his time here in NY.

I'm so happy the marbury/Isiah saga is gone, Q brick, Jeffries, Zach's contract, Crawford's jacking up shots, Nate's recent disagreements with Mike D, Malik Rose blew, so many bad eggs and contracts and Donnie got rid of them...

Mike D could have coached these past two seasons so much better with many more wins and could have emphasized defense to some extent. He is not worth half of the 6 million a year we pay him but these next two season will decide his fate.

If Mike D does not start a legit center then we won't make the playoffs.

I'm optimistic

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player

What players?

Two years ago.....
solution draft C-Lopez

:agreed: couldn't of said it better myself

jpz17

Starter

What players?

Two years ago.....
solution draft C-Lopez

"ignore" I'm sick of it kiya.

Why is kiyaman such a downer? Everytime I see one of his posts I think

"Oh great. Another post about how Walsh and D'Antoni are idiots and how were all screwed in 2010."

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

What players?

Two years ago.....
solution draft C-Lopez
Where did this even stem from? You just rant about your issues with coaching staff every time you post. It's actually sad that you have nothing perceptive to contribute except for a bunch of whining and complaining about things that cannot be changed.

It would be one thing if you complained once, and were simply stating your opinion. But its obvious that we know your opinion now considering you incorporate a D'Antoni bash in every post.

We're over it...move on.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
It's not like he DOESN'T have a point, but every single post he makes is about it.

It can be a topic about who we should draft and Kiya will find a way to work "D'amntoni" into it somewhere

miked1958

Rotation player
God I hope this is true!
Weather it is true or not, one thing is for certain. We as Knicks fans after July 1 can be assured that we wont have to go through what we have gone through for over a decade and thats watching a LOSING team every year. No matter who we get via sign and trade prior to draft, guys in the draft and whoever the 2 max FAs are, they will make us at least a 15 to 20 additional win team right away. that will put us in playoff contention. Then once the guys meld together as a unit, we can look forward to deep runs in the playoffs again like the old days. I for one am very excited for the first time in a LONG LONG time being a Knick fan. I dont think we can lose in this situation, no matter who we get, at least i hope not. We certainly cant be as bad or worse then the last few seasons, thats for sure. any improvment at all with this team would be a huge sucess.

Last edited:
It seems like Lebron realized in the series against Boston that he was tired of Cleveland and very tired of having to carry his team at all times. He probably said to himself "let's see if the players around me can pick me up for once in a crucial game." Well it didn't happen and I think it gave him the perfect excuse to leave Cleveland for greener pastures.

How often does a player get the opportunity to choose another star player to join him? I'm not a history buff, but has it happened in the free agent era? I can imagine that Walsh is going to sit him in a room on July 1st or shortly after and say "who do you want to play aside? You want Bosh?, fine. You want Amare? fine. Now, here are the players we can attempt to trade for Curry's expiring contract."

No other team offers him that along with the prospect of getting the key to the greatest city in the world. Chicago may have talent and a great future, but would they really be that much better than Cleveland was with Lebron?

I think the only three things that can really derail the Knicks pursuit of Lebron, is if (i) Bosh, Wade and Lebron agree to accept lower salaries in Miami to play together (something I don't see Bosh and Wade doing from a financial standpoint), (ii) another team with cap room manages to pull a trade for Chris Paul or (iii) Chicago manages to dump salaries such as Deng and Heinrich to free up enough room to sign both Lebron and Bosh.