Stunner: Knicks Aquire M-Bridges from Nets

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are sending four unprotected picks (2025, 2027, 2029, 2031) a 2025 protected Milwaukee first, a 2028 unprotected pick swap and a 2025 second-round pick for Mikal Bridges and a 2026 second-round pick, sources tell ESPN.

mafra

Legend
Surprised they kept all of their 2024 picks. Word is the Knicks still want to keep OG. They see Bridges and OG as their Brown/Tatum equalizers. League shifting to big wings that are 2way players and versatile.

Might cost them MRob or IHart tho.

Also, leverage just in case OG wants 180-220 mil.

2025 pick won’t be worth much. Hopefully not the 2027 either.

Draft well on Thursday or use those picks to gain future picks or other assets. Team should be golden for a 3-5 year window after 50 years of drought, it’s worth swapping picks in 2028 and surrendering 2029 first.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Exciting times, a lot of picks, but as Mafra said, they are not relevant.... hopefully we will have a great team for the upcoming few years..... I so much want OG and IHart back... too much to ask? I am not sure I understand the cap very well, aren't teams free to go over cap but will pay tax for that?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
It appears the Knicks will not keep Robinson and let hartenstein find another team based on money.

OG will be a keeper.

Knicks need to draft a big man and find a center a big at the minimum.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I meant keep Robinson.

Brunson
bridges
OG
randle
Robinson

hart
divenc
duece

somethings ti give here considering how many minutes thib plays his starters

mafra

Legend
Normally when a trade like this goes down, with a haul the Nets received, you see an all star moved. But it was going to take an overpay to pry MB from Nets. And perhaps Knicks see Mb returning to 2022-2023 form being added to this group. The fit is perfect.

We shall see what Knicks do tonight with their picks. Another move? Trade out for future first rounders? Draft some bigs?

Dark I told you.
Now we have Villanova team back together.

That’s a lot of picks
Ski, two things right off the top of my head.
1. You said it “a lot of picks”!!
2. Secondly, how stupid is Leon Rose to do anything close to this.

That is why I keep asking ‘where are the BB People who trade for OG’?? Nobody with any kind of bb knowledge makes a trade like this…. HORRIBLE!!

Getting rid of RJ AND Q are no brainer… but you don’t need Bridges.
This is another sign of stupidity because you had a player better than Bridges and you did nothing to develop him.

Kiyaman

Legend
Having a trio of 2-Way players in the starter lineup that WON 3 CHIPS in a row ..
PG 6.6 Harper
SG 6.6 Jordan
SF 6.7 Pippin

The 2024-25 Knicks BIG-3 plus some ..
PG 6.2 Brunson
SG 6.6 Mikal
SF 6.7 OG
Now that's not a bad trio to put in the Knicks back-court starter lineup.
Relief, Donte and Hart talent coming off the bench.

All we need now is a NEW head coach for the Knicks next season,
plus having Mitch, Hartenstein, Randle, and Precious in the Knicks rotation next season to be the Top team in the East.
Where's our ex-GLeague HC Mike Miller, I liked his offense/defense coaching for the Knicks team

mafra

Legend
Knicks went 26-6 with Brunson, Randle, OG in lineup. Now they added Bridges.

JB
Bridges
OG
Randle
Robinson

McBride
DDV
Hart

Still could re-sign Ihart. They have 2 first round pick and early second. Still have picks coming in future. 3 first rounders next 2 years.

Still have ammo to swing another deal, if right fit arises. And have enough right now to win it all.

Good time.

Kudos to Leon Rose doing what nobody else could this century. Build a winner

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks went 26-6 with Brunson, Randle, OG in lineup. Now they added Bridges.

JB
Bridges
OG
Randle

Robinson

McBride
DDV
Hart and Precious and Hartenstein. Start the season with a 10 man rotation !!!

Still could re-sign Ihart. They have 2 first round pick and early second. Still have picks coming in future. 3 first rounders next 2 years.

Still have ammo to swing another deal, if right fit arises. And have enough right now to win it all.

Good time.

Kudos to Leon Rose doing what nobody else could this century. Build a winner

If the Knicks organization want a CHIP next season they will have to resign OG, Hartenstein, and Precious, plus sign 1 draft pick and pay the Luxury Tax !!!

If the Knicks organization want a CHIP next season they will have to resign OG, Hartenstein, and Precious, plus sign 1 draft pick and pay the Luxury Tax !!!
C’mon Kiya, even all of that can’t win a championship for the Knicks.

The only way the Knicks can win a championship is the league orchestrate it.

Now if you trying to win an NCAA championship they way ahead of everybody in the NBA.

Having a trio of 2-Way players in the starter lineup that WON 3 CHIPS in a row ..
PG 6.6 Harper
SG 6.6 Jordan
SF 6.7 Pippin

The 2024-25 Knicks BIG-3 plus some ..
PG 6.2 Brunson
SG 6.6 Mikal
SF 6.7 OG
Now that's not a bad trio to put in the Knicks back-court starter lineup.
Relief, Donte and Hart talent coming off the bench.

All we need now is a NEW head coach for the Knicks next season,
plus having Mitch, Hartenstein, Randle, and Precious in the Knicks rotation next season to be the Top team in the East.
Where's our ex-GLeague HC Mike Miller, I liked his offense/defense coaching for the Knicks team
Agree with you a 1000% about Mike Miller.

mafra

Legend
Knicks obtain a young Frenchman, 6”7 with length who can shoot and score. Plus SIX second rounders.

Pacome Dadiet says he plans on playing for the Knicks next season, not spending more time in Europe as a draft and stash.

He can score on all 3 levels. Let Thibbs and the staff develop the kid. Maybe a gem in a few seasons.

OKC sends NY 5 second round picks for the 26th pick. Knicks dealt 24 for 26 to WAS and also got a second rounder this draft.

Rose recoups all the picks he gave to Nets. Knicks loaded with picks next 3 years.

Last edited: