Stunner: Knicks Aquire M-Bridges from Nets

mafra

Legend
Knicks (projected) rotation turnover since Leon Rose took over 4 years ago.

Elfrid Payton->Jalen Brunson
RJ Barrett->Mikal Bridges
Mo Harkless->OG Anunoby
Julius Randle->Julius Randle
Taj Gibson->Mitch/Hartenstein

Frank Ntilikina->Deuce McBride
Wayne Ellington->Donte DiVincenzo
Kevin Knox->Josh Hart

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Now the question is if the Knicks make anymore moves.

If they sign Hartenstein would they then package a deal of Randel, Robinson and Divincenzo for one more move.

Remember in all those moves or moves to come.
WHO MOVES THE NEEDLE??? Nobody!!
WHO IS THAT TRANSFORMATIVE PLAYER?? No One!!
WHO IS THAT #1 OPTION?? Nobody!!

No how much window dressing you put up… you still Knicks team from last year.

STOP PLAYING DRAGNET(old tv show)… where you change the name to protect the innocent. All the have done is changed some names.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dark I have to disagree.
The Knicks healthy were a strong team.
Now adding bridges gives then another scorer and defender who would be starting on every nba team.

If last year was not a fluke and the team was real then bridges only makes them better.

Again if last years season was not a fluke

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Remember in all those moves or moves to come.
WHO MOVES THE NEEDLE??? Nobody!!
WHO IS THAT TRANSFORMATIVE PLAYER?? No One!!
WHO IS THAT #1 OPTION?? Nobody!!

No how much window dressing you put up… you still Knicks team from last year.

STOP PLAYING DRAGNET(old tv show)… where you change the name to protect the innocent. All the have done is changed some names.
I am really failing to understand, how you think the needle is not moved since Tom and Leon took over, and the new players are here.... we were the laughing stock of the league.... now we reached game 7 to qualify to east finals with depleted injured team.....

I am really failing to understand, how you think the needle is not moved since Tom and Leon took over, and the new players are here.... we were the laughing stock of the league.... now we reached game 7 to qualify to east finals with depleted injured team.....
First, let’s establish that the reaching the 7 game of the semi isn’t reaching the final. If you see silver lining and hope for next year, ok. Understand why you didn’t reach the east finals. Why did you have a ‘As You Put It’ depleted injured team?
Can you beat Indy with a healthy team?? Indy might have a lot to say about it.
The east was considerably weak this season. Indy, Philly, Miami and Buck will definitely on the mend and reshaping their roster. Notice they all have players that move the needle.

In your post of not understanding you never answered any of the questions. If you truly believe in Thib’s and Leon Rose then those questions are very easy to answer.
Say ‘championship’ and mean it and see it BEYOND ANY DOUBT….Say It!!
You can’t and neither can Thib’s and Rose.

Dark I have to disagree.
The Knicks healthy were a strong team.
Now adding bridges gives then another scorer and defender who would be starting on every nba team.

If last year was not a fluke and the team was real then bridges only makes them better.

Again if last years season was not a fluke
Ski, reread your post…. You start off by disagreeing… then speak of health and a Strong team…. Adding a scorer and defender…
Don’t know where you get that BS ‘starting on every team in NBA… you need to recheck that.
ALL VERY STRONG POSITIVE!!

Then not one time but TWICE you mentioned “Fluke”!! You don’t believe what you wrote before Fluke.
If you did the word Fluke wouldn’t be something you are saying or thinking.
The stars sometimes fall just right for team in a certain year they have magic and next season looks brighter.
Those stars aren’t there next year and the old guards move back into position.

Answer the questions and free yourself.

mafra

Legend
Jalen Brunson is 27.
Mikal Bridges is 27.
OG Anunoby is 26.
Julius Randle is 29.
Mitchell Robinson is 26.
Deuce McBride is 23.
Donte DIvincenzo is 27.
Josh Hart is 29.

The Knicks have an elite rotation, and not one player has even turned 30 yet. Here to stay.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski, reread your post…. You start off by disagreeing… then speak of health and a Strong team…. Adding a scorer and defender…
Don’t know where you get that BS ‘starting on every team in NBA… you need to recheck that.
ALL VERY STRONG POSITIVE!!

Then not one time but TWICE you mentioned “Fluke”!! You don’t believe what you wrote before Fluke.
If you did the word Fluke wouldn’t be something you are saying or thinking.
The stars sometimes fall just right for team in a certain year they have magic and next season looks brighter.
Those stars aren’t there next year and the old guards move back into position.

Answer the questions and free yourself.
Dark.......you are correct I have two view points.

1. If I am to believe that last season was not a fluke then I have to believe we have upgraded with BRIDGES and all the players coming back. If I am to to believe with this Roster that Thibs will not overplay players and use at least a 9 man roster then I do see a championship team.

2. There is a possibility this past season was a fluke and if that's the case then bridges won't do much.

Dark.......you are correct I have two view points.

1. If I am to believe that last season was not a fluke then I have to believe we have upgraded with BRIDGES and all the players coming back. If I am to to believe with this Roster that Thibs will not overplay players and use at least a 9 man roster then I do see a championship team.

2. There is a possibility this past season was a fluke and if that's the case then bridges won't do much.
Again, you didn’t answer the questions…
Bridges doesn’t move the needle and isn’t Transformative.
That two strikes and you struggling say Championship.
You have no #1 option.
One other quick question( just thought of it)
Have you thought about the offense??
Is the chemistry still there between new Nova Knicks?

All of your thinking about this is Wishful..

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dark all my thinking about this is wishful.

Brunson seemed like a pretty good 1 option this season.
Randel has been a pretty good 1 option.

I do think teams will have a tougher time double teaming Brunson/randel with them both on the court.
however when they do Bridges and OG are then wide open.

Bridges moves the needle in that he takes Harts starting position or comes off the bench as a 6th man,

if Thibs plays this 9 man rotation I think its very strong on both sides if the court no matter who is in.

hoping we find two vets....PG and C

Ski let’s be honest with one another, ok!!
You trying to blow smoke up my azz when it comes to #1 option. So please don’t do that. I have no problem saying I’m wrong about something I say.
All of a sudden both Randle(#2 option at best) and Brunson are #1 option. No need to look for superstar,huh. KAT, lillard or Booker

Bridges ‘moving the needle’ is BS and you know it.

So you putting Bridges at SG, huh. Well that isn’t his natural position but we are positionless, right? Now if you want someone that is a SG and very close to being #1 option material. Then Murray SG with Hawks should have be trade target not Bridges.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks entered the 2024 draft with the #24, #25 and #38 overall picks

The Knicks exit the 2024 draft with:
* Pacome Dadiet
* Tyler Kolek
* Kevin McCullar Jr.
* Ariel Hukporti
* net three additional future second-round picks

In sum, NY adds:
* enticing, athletic draft-and-stash 18-year-old
* proven, productive, plug-and-play backup PG
* an NBA-ready 6'7 wing who averaged 18.6 points, 6.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists last season and was also named to the Big 12 All-Defensive Team
* a physical 22-year-old rim-protecting center
* while also saving cap space and restocking their draft capital

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski let’s be honest with one another, ok!!
You trying to blow smoke up my azz when it comes to #1 option. So please don’t do that. I have no problem saying I’m wrong about something I say.
All of a sudden both Randle(#2 option at best) and Brunson are #1 option. No need to look for superstar,huh. KAT, lillard or Booker

Bridges ‘moving the needle’ is BS and you know it.

So you putting Bridges at SG, huh. Well that isn’t his natural position but we are positionless, right? Now if you want someone that is a SG and very close to being #1 option material. Then Murray SG with Hawks should have be trade target not Bridges.
Dark let's see where next year takes us and then discuss. I do think we have a team that can win the NBA finals if Thib uses the players.

Dark let's see where next year takes us and then discuss. I do think we have a team that can win the NBA finals if Thib uses the players.
Thib’s has NEVER won an NBA CHAMPIONSHIP… NEVER!!
Would you hire him as a guide to take you somewhere he has never been??

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
IQ must be loving this.....good for him.....

OG at 42 vs RJ and IQ at 62 shows the Knicks getting smart.

Dark nobody reaches the finals until they do...same can be said for the Stars you touted , Towns, Lilliard and Booker

Kiyaman

Legend
Jalen Brunson is 27.
Mikal Bridges is 27.
OG Anunoby is 26.
Julius Randle is 29.
Mitchell Robinson is 26.
Deuce McBride is 23.
Donte DIvincenzo is 27.
Josh Hart is 29.

The Knicks have an elite rotation, and not one player has even turned 30 yet. Here to stay.
Did the Knicks make a big move in the 2024 offseason? No!
Running the same team back, and adding Mikal or Murray with the 4 draft picks to be a healthy team come playoffs is a BIG Offseason move.

It would be an elite rotation having 10 players, not 8 players.
An elite team have 9 player rotation for postseason games.
An elite team uses 10 to 12 players on the roster for the rotation in regular season games.
We won the COY award having (coach Woodson's) 2 unit, 10 Man rotation throughout regular season games.

The ex-Knicks winning bench players that couldn't get decent playing time minutes from Thibs did very well in the FA market ....
Our young back-up PF Obi Toppin got a 4 yr $15M per contract.
Our young future star combo-guard Quickley got a 5 yr $35M per contract.
Our dynamic 2-Way hustle center Hartenstein got a 3 yr $30M per contract.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are signing Cam Payne to a 1-year, $3.1M deal, per @ShamsCharania.

Took away their Brunson stopper….