The Draft of 2023:

Well as most of you know Dallas is keeping it 1st round pick for this year( KP trade).
As it stands there is no 1 or 2 round picks for the Knicks. I think I’m correct.

Question - all of you that been jumping up and down about this team. Where is it supposed to grow from?? No draft picks!?

Ok, let say you trade Randle and Toppin… was this a joke, lol…
What are best case scenarios for that… who you think you get for the two of them??

Like I thought most have idea who should replace Randle and Obi… Just Rid of Them!!

The reality is you don’t know who to get rid of on team. You saying what those that have no idea about the real problems.
For instance, Why not change the offense scheme for PG before you go and spend over a 100 million dollars for a midget at PG?

See Ski as knowledgeable as some might want to pretend they know BB not one in this forum or anywhere as mentioned that fact. WHY??

Kiyaman

Legend
The Players we have on the roster now will only play a better game together next season.
Especially our guards !!!
The offseason problem lies in the NY Fans strong dislike for Julius Randle as a Knicks.
Will it force the FO to trade Randle? Maybe for KAT ???

Y

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
The Players we have on the roster now will only play a better game together next season.
Especially our guards !!!
The offseason problem lies in the NY Fans strong dislike for Julius Randle as a Knicks.
Will it force the FO to trade Randle? Maybe for KAT ???

Y
I totally agree, if we keep the team as is, next season they should be much better. I only think that Randal should be the sub of a better PF, not the starting one.... he did his best, he is a fighter, but you cant count on him in the playoffs, so he should not be one of the stars of the team.

So you want to stand PAT while the rest of the league is improving. Those teams that tanked didn’t do it to stay PAT.
Guards are strong… I beg to differ… on the contrary they aren’t that good. All that was done was to change the offense from pass the ball at mid-court to keeping it and shooting. The only thing that is an upgrade is that Brunson shots fell.
**All of you give these generic comments about with no substance and no solutions.
“Stay PAT” well ‘why stay PAT when everyone else is getting better. “Trade Randle “ Why?? Who’s going to replace him?? KAT is he a good fit?? Thought about?? No!!

So from now let’s have some frank discussion and some solutions. Not just comments and nothing else.

Kiyaman

Legend
I totally agree, if we keep the team as is, next season they should be much better. I only think that Randal should be the sub of a better PF, not the starting one.... he did his best, he is a fighter, but you cant count on him in the playoffs, so he should not be one of the stars of the team.

So true !!! Randle performance do not look to pass the ball (dribble dribble dribble) turnover.
Winning Star players always look to pass the ball (Jokic, Curry, Butler, Bam).
Randle's not a star or first/second/or third scoring option.
Association leads to assimilation .. The Bad habit of shoot first when touch the ball .. Randle's leadership taught Barrett, and Quickley, and now Brunson.

The Mavs Jalen Brunson who always look to pass the ball having Luka as a teammate.
Brunson playing alongside Randle in lineups the first half of season .. when midseason came Brunson stop looking to pass the ball (dribble dribble dribble hitting amazon shots, and getting to the FT line).
The Knicks needs a new head coach (Mark Jackson) to teach unselfish b.ball on every offensive possession.

Kiyaman

Legend
So you want to stand PAT while the rest of the league is improving. Those teams that tanked didn’t do it to stay PAT.
Guards are strong… I beg to differ… on the contrary they aren’t that good. All that was done was to change the offense from pass the ball at mid-court to keeping it and shooting. The only thing that is an upgrade is that Brunson shots fell.
**All of you give these generic comments about with no substance and no solutions.
“Stay PAT” well ‘why stay PAT when everyone else is getting better. “Trade Randle “ Why?? Who’s going to replace him?? KAT is he a good fit?? Thought about?? No!!

So from now let’s have some frank discussion and some solutions. Not just comments and nothing else.

The New NBA is weak as hell, the NBA turned into a small-small ball league ..
Gary Payton & Kemp (Butler & Bam) are 2-0 in the ECF lol

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dark what is your solution with existing players in the NBA...........I don't think Frank and Dotson are your answer but who knows :)

Ski in my last post I said “So from now let’s have some frank discussion and some solutions. Not just comments and nothing else”.

How about your answers/solutions/comments to the questions I asked. You made a sly remark about who replace Randle and Obi. Well tell me who you want?? I No you have no idea because if you did you would have said it. So again let’s have a frank and honest conversation about what wrong.

We might not see things the same way but a lest we will have some understanding about what the other is thinking.

Ok,
Now if I can let asked this Question - if you had Towns or Levine would you trade them for what you offered?? My answer is Hell No!!

I am under the impression that every team knows we are desperate. We should have been charged with tampering for signing Brunson.

If you really want to make this team better then it must come from inside. I have said that for years. We aren’t getting a player that is…. What Word??? Oh.,. TRANSFORMATIVE!! Brunson didn’t move the Needle of this team.
So to answer your question- I would try to get Wiseman, Issac, Kuminga and Ivey. Kuminga , Wiseman and Ivey would be hard to get. It’s not my full wishlist.

C’mon Ski, you knew that was a weak offer. If you had KAT and Levine… What would you want for them??

You know GS is an organization that comes close to what I would do to win. Just think they were NBA champions and still got the #2 overall pick and got Wiseman then they got Kuminga. Now you had two very good players to build around. I wouldn’t have traded Wiseman.