The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

We need to look at the big picture here.We're not gonna be able to afford Chandler in the end of the year,Billups replaces Felton and is a better defender.So if Denver accepts our current offer it will be like we basically traded Gallo for Melo,Balkman and Williams.Also we're most likely going to sign Barron once there is a roster spot which we'll have after this trade.What a STEAL!

Anthony had an excused absence when the Nuggets practiced Monday night. Instead of taping up his ankles, the All-Star forward was in Burbank, Calif., taping a segment on "Conan."
Anthony stayed behind in Los Angeles following the NBA All-Star game while his teammates gathered at the Pepsi Center for their first workout since the break.
Team spokesman Tim Gelt told The AP that Anthony's absence was excused. Late Monday afternoon, Anthony tweeted: "Headed to Burbank to film THE CONAN SHOW."

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/sports/ar...-about-Anthony-deal-1024040.php#ixzz1EeNcX9Lv

Posted wrong link, anyway Carmelo still not in Denver and it's reported he doesn't want to have to fly back!

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Almost everyone is reporting that a deal between Denver and Knicks are done, but then they took it back and said its ongoing!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Nets and Nuggets are engaged in trade talks that would involve players in the New York trade proposal.

New Jersey could send two first round picks to Denver for Timofey Mozgov and either Danilo Gallinari, Wilson Chandler or Raymond Felton, if a deal where Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks is brokered.

This trade proposal would be consummated separate from New York's proposed trade and would not be a three-way deal.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta..._Trade_Involving_Knicks_Players#ixzz1EePVjmeK

So does this mean Mozgov's out? If he is, we played this game of cat and mouse as mice.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gary Neal has competition for becoming the most famous undrafted rookie of the 2010-11 season. For Timofey Mozgov, it hasn't come with actual production as much as the slivers of potential he has shown and now the fight between the Knicks and Nuggets over his inclusion in the Carmelo Anthony trade.

Mozgov has a soft touch with B+ hands, sneaky quick feet and is naturally gifted as a shotblocker. He also very clearly cares and is committed to improve, which is somewhat rare for big men.

I wouldn't bet my life on it, but he is absolutely capable of being an above average starting center. His ceiling is probably around the eighth or ninth best center in the NBA.

Let's first look at Mozgov from a statistical and age perspective.

Mozgov is already halfway to 25 and just a few months younger than Dwight Howard, so his room for meaningful development is limited. But centers are of course more capable of improvement at this stage in their career; even look at what Kwame Brown has done this season at 28.

Mozgov has played much better basketball over the past few weeks with his minutes increasing. In February, Mozgov has a FIC40 of 13.2 compared to 6.7 in November and 2.5 in December when he was playing limited minutes.

Mozgov's rebound rate of 12.8 is very ordinary, but his block percentage of 3.6 puts him in the discussion of the top-25 in the NBA though not really close to the Serge Ibaka type of rate.

He is shooting 46.4% from the floor, which is unquestionably a low number for a player over seven feet tall who is not a primary option for either his own team or for opponents to defend.

Looking closer at Mozgov from a pure scouting perspective, he has a high motor and is very active in his attempts to fight for position, whether it is for rebounds or in offensive sets. His rebounds are as much a product of those elements as it is the way he uses his length.

On the offensive end, Mozgov's greatest asset is clearly in creating second chance points.

Mozgov is a much more impressive rebounder on the offensive end, where he can use his craftiness and anticipation to better effect. He is able to score a healthy percentage of his points on second chance opportunities, which is a huge advantage for a team that plays at a fast rate and has a lot of long rebounds due to the frequent three-point attempts. Mozgov also does a good job in keeping the ball high on put backs.

When Mozgov has a clear space, he's very quick and strong to the rim and is shows good agility and athleticism in the air. He is a bit of a bull in a china shop, however, and the limitations of that agility become clear when he is forced into lateral improvisation.

He sets a big screen and is a clear asset in both rolling to the bucket and also popping for a jumper out to 18 feet. Mozgov has consistent form on his jumper and a high release point. An open 15-footer for Mozgov is a shot his team should be plenty comfortable in taking. He will make that shot at an efficient clip and the threat of him hitting that shot brings out his defender from the paint and that creates more space for Amar'e Stoudemire.

Mozgov has an excellent understanding of spacing and plays the game at a high IQ level.

In the post offensively, Mozgov has had very few opportunities and it is easy to see why. He doesn't have a reliable go-to move and looks badly out of sorts. The fluidity he shows in other parts of his offensive game completely disappear in the post and he lacks anything resembling touch.

Defensively, Mosgov has been generally good and seems to have more success away from the low post. This is a carryover from what he does well offensively.

Even though he has been a general liability in the post, Mozgov does do an effective job in making himself a big obstacle to either get around or score over. He does a better job in going straight up to avoid fouls than one would think from his foul rate of six per 36 minutes.

Two things he allows to happen that work against his ability to be a better defender in the post is allowing his man to catch the ball too close to the basket and then offering little resistance against the backdown. He either needs to do a better job at becoming an immovable object, or learn how to do the flop against a hard bump.

His effort level is high and does a good job of maintaing his vision while on the weak side.

Mozgov also does a better job in contesting shooters and against the pick and roll.

Mozgov is a center that any team would want on their team because he's capable of giving 15 to 30 quality minutes per night. But he's ultimately not worth becoming a deal-breaker for either side in the Anthony trade.

http://basketball.******.com/article...Timofey_Mozgov

la2ny

Starter
Some reports say Moz is in, others say NY is still reluctant to put him in. IDK, i'll wait for ESPN to confirm what happened.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
The problem with Moz isn't he's a great player or even likely to be, he's a cheap and cheerful starter/bench who will give every bit of what he has.

@FIsola Breaking: source tells Daily News a Knicks-Nuggets deal will include Timofey Mozgov. "It's not done yet," source adds
1 minute ago

Via twitter from Frank Isola

Aww man I wanted to keep him! :(

la2ny

Starter
EDIT: Damn Isola!!!

P.s. Didn't we know this was coming. I mean it was reported last week Donnie was gonna go after Earl Barron.​

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
@FIsola Breaking: source tells Daily News a Knicks-Nuggets deal will include Timofey Mozgov. "It's not done yet," source adds
1 minute ago

Via twitter from Frank Isola

Aww man I wanted to keep him! :(

I feel you. I loved the Moz.

But, Gentlemen. Carmelo is a Knick. A great great day for knick fans everywhere. Don't think about what we gave up. No one can rain on this parade.

Congratulations to everyone. We deserve this

I feel you. I loved the Moz.

But, Gentlemen. Carmelo is a Knick. A great great day for knick fans everywhere. Don't think about what we gave up. No one can rain on this parade.

Congratulations to everyone. We deserve this

Is It officially time to pop the champagne and buy as many knick tickets as possible?

I already bought tickets for vs Boston, Bucks, and Orlando in march.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
Is It officially time to pop the champagne and buy as many knick tickets as possible?

I already bought tickets for vs Boston, Bucks, and Orlando in march.

Close but I dont think anything can ever feel like that. I honestly don't even know how I would react if they won. I cried when the Yanks won in 1996. I think id have to take a personal day the next day.

We are on our way. A few more pieces and we have a legit contender.