The problem isn't in Gallinari

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
GALLO IS NOT BETTER THAN MELLO..

are you guys related or something????

gallo is not the problem... the coach is.. but he still not better than mello.. not even close

Well thank you captain obvious... Tell us something we don't kno.

The point is that if Gallo grows into 20 ppg guy, we may not need Melo.

Loved my dude's clutch last nite..

jzero29

Rotation player

Yeah, it's that he's not hitting his shots consistently.
The GS game was big though, the 4th quarter he was on. If he can do that consistently and get to the line. It's be great.
He is crazy young and can mature and get a consistent, He'll get some weight.

But him and the other chuckers have got to be consistent.
Felton creates only for himself.
he doesn't run the offense. he gets his assists from passing to shooters, not by dishing it off to cutters on the way to the rim.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Yeah, it's that he's not hitting his shots consistently.
The GS game was big though, the 4th quarter he was on. If he can do that consistently and get to the line. It's be great.
He is crazy young and can mature and get a consistent, He'll get some weight.

But him and the other chuckers have got to be consistent.
Felton creates only for himself.
he doesn't run the offense. he gets his assists from passing to shooters, not by dishing it off to cutters on the way to the rim.

Gotta call BS on your Felton assessment. Just last nite he hit like 3 cutters in lane. He's been doing it more and more and will continue to get better as the season progresses.

mafra

Legend
Gallo has stepped it up recently. Playing a nice, solid, clutch, all-around game. 17 points in the 4th tonight! Had like a 13 point effort (or so) in the 4th on Fri. night.

The Knicks need that 3rd scorer every night.... ESPECIALLY come the 4th quarter. Look at all the games we've won this year. TD had 2 games where he went buck wild in the 4th.... Gallo has done it the last 2 wins (and I think in CHI too).

That's the difference right there this season folks. We need Gallo, Chandler or Douglas.... One of these 3 players HAVE to deliver in the 4th quarter for us to win close games.

Simple as that.

STAT will get his and do his thing; Felton will be there on most nights. BUt if the defense only has to worry about these 2, then the Knicks offense will stall (as it has during our defeats).

iSaYughh

Starter
Gallo has stepped it up recently. Playing a nice, solid, clutch, all-around game. 17 points in the 4th tonight! Had like a 13 point effort (or so) in the 4th on Fri. night.

The Knicks need that 3rd scorer every night.... ESPECIALLY come the 4th quarter. Look at all the games we've won this year. TD had 2 games where he went buck wild in the 4th.... Gallo has done it the last 2 wins (and I think in CHI too).

That's the difference right there this season folks. We need Gallo, Chandler or Douglas.... One of these 3 players HAVE to deliver in the 4th quarter for us to win close games.

Simple as that.

STAT will get his and do his thing; Felton will be there on most nights. BUt if the defense only has to worry about these 2, then the Knicks offense will stall (as it has during our defeats).

The man is Gallo. He's our key. And he's a revelation. Some just wont let their egos yield to what logic and an objective set of eyes can see, until he rampages the Lakers with Bynum in the lineup and Kobe not having had a beat writer speculate about an injury in a 2month time span.

Gallo, STAT and an *actual* starting center will be lethal. Goddamn imagine plugging M. Gasol in there.

Felton running the show. 17-7+-5 guy with SPEED and can even stretch the floor.

And a real bench with Chandler, Turiaf, Fields, Douglas, AR!!!!! Defense, size, versatility.

We have a legit team. Even on the heels of Isiah's carnage and Walsh's missteps in trying to clean it up.

I pray we walk into Melo or some stud guard to make us totally forget all that and us true beasts.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Gallo will never be > than Melo

Probably you're right, but does make sense get rid of him and someone else plus a 1st round pick in order to get Melo ?
Gallo is starting his career in NBA, this is de facto him 2nd season.
You don't build a team looking at the next 6 months, but you need a long term plan.
I think the gap from the two will be less and less in the near future and the team needs to be reinforced in other areas: guards and mainly center.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah let's be honest if Ballinari puts up statlines like this night in and night out it'd be awfully hard to claim that trading him + Chandler + Douglas for Melo would be a good idea.

We'll see how the season plays out. If Danilo is averaging over 20 PPG by the trading deadline, then...

I mean I think this team right now would benefit MUCH more by having CP3 than if we had Melo. Just my opinion...I shudder to think of the kinds of things that Chris Paul and Mike D'Antoni would come up with.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I mean I think this team right now would benefit MUCH more by having CP3 than if we had Melo. Just my opinion...I shudder to think of the kinds of things that Chris Paul and Mike D'Antoni would come up with.

I agree, as I just wrote yesterday: go for CP3 and a big center (M. Gasol ?).
This is what the team need (IMHO).

Focus and Aggression works

The problem is in how he's being used.

Believe it or not, in terms of ability to getting to the line, Gallinari's skill sets has him ranked behind Amare in this department. Gallo has great time, crafty skills, body control, and aggressiveness to get the free throw line.

The problem? Its the tendency

Gallo has passing skills that we don't get the see because he's always spotting up.

The more Gallo drives, the more dangerous our offense can be which will result in more opportunities there will be for other players.

I'm not giving up on Gallo, I don't know what you expected out of him this season. He's not going to post up 25 ppg, 8 rebounds, 2 blocks or something.

Its only been 8 games. Why are you guys so conditional?

Agreed 99.9%. The problem is not IN Gallo, it's in his Godfather, Mike D'Antoni. He had not noticed Gallo has not been engaged because his role has not engaged him for the full time he is on the court. D'Antoni allowed him to become a spot shooter from the arc. Gallo is an above averaged shooter, but he is not Ray Allen. Gallo is a scorer with a very nice set shot when he is on. He has no mid-range game to speak of, but he can facilitate and make usually good decisions with the ball. He is long and very difficult to guard on the drive.

Gallo has awakened against bad defensive teams but he did not do so until he was allowed to guard Carmelo Anthony which allowed him to remain focused. Finally, we are seeing him play entire games and not just early quarters.

Perhaps he can keep this up against better teams.

Blas

Benchwarmer
You know the way Gallo gets to the line looks similar to how Manu is able to draw contact.

Its kinda of scary if you watch how they both drive to the hoop.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Even if Gallo were somehow Ray Allen, Allen has his off nights and has more to his game than being a spot-up shooter as well. Gallo got 15 PPG last year while mostly being just that - a spot-up shooter. Now that he drives to the basket it's ridiculous because his large size creates huge mismatches

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I agree, as I just wrote yesterday: go for CP3 and a big center (M. Gasol ?).
This is what the team need (IMHO).

M.Gasol yes! but CP3 unno im happy with felton at PG he's really effective and could be Nelson like as a surprise allstar reserve pick its never out the question, those who've watched him lately would disagree with me.

but if we could get a B level C even then we'd be a dangerous team no question.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
M.Gasol yes! but CP3 unno im happy with felton at PG he's really effective and could be Nelson like as a surprise allstar reserve pick its never out the question, those who've watched him lately would disagree with me.

Do you think I'm crazy if I'm going to say that CP3 and Felton can play together ?

Im warming up to this Gallo guy.. He gotta keep it up tho or I'll drop his ass in a minute if I see 3 straight bad games again.. But good job so far... He's becoming our Mr. 4th quarter along with STAT and Felt.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Do you think I'm crazy if I'm going to say that CP3 and Felton can play together ?

no thats not what i was saying loll, i was saying we wouldnt really need Cp3 if felton is consistent and can be a good point guard meaning good leader and shows poise and very efficient player. so far feltons been that so Cp3 isnt a must need like gasol is we still need a center

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
no thats not what i was saying loll, i was saying we wouldnt really need Cp3 if felton is consistent and can be a good point guard meaning good leader and shows poise and very efficient player. so far feltons been that so Cp3 isnt a must need like gasol is we still need a center

Yes, you're probably right.
Talking about centers I'm really suprirsed how Pekovic (Timberwolves) isn't performing at all.
Last year he was the best center in Europe.