The Verdict is in...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
trill,

i think you shoulda slightly modified the title so as not to be making a similar foul. i think we still need to see more from our team.

the verdict will be in at the end of our season. period.

The name was meant to be ironic and a reference to the other thread with the same exact name. The verdict in this thread I am speaking of is the conclusion about the other thread and not our team.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The verdict is in...that other thread was premature, reactionary and trash! No offense Red but the 5 game winning streak proves what I was saying...it was way to premature to call the season.

We are playing the best ball in years, the 3's are down the defense is up and all the prejudices about D'ants system are being proven wrong. The season is long and will will have our ups and downs but the system is working. We are dare I say it...an elite defensive team!
Felton is on his way to a career year under D'ant, Amare could be on his way to defensive player of the year and Gallo is turning into an all around threat. So much for the haterz...

If D'Antoni's system is so great, why did he have to switch to a triangle offense for the team to start winning games?

Weren't you the same person who made a thread saying the Knicks were going to get Lebron James, the same day Lebron decided to play for the Heat?

You were wrong about the 2010 plan, just like you're wrong now.

This 5 game winning streak proves me, Kiyaman, Red, mafra, OGKnicksfan, etc. right.

The Knicks are giving up an average of 108 points, in this winning streak, despite 5 of those wins coming against lottery teams, some of which had injuries.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Again...they were on the road. We had an over .500 road trip. Do you realize how often that happens in the NBA, let alone for the Knicks?

We are one of only TWO teams in the Eastern Conference (minus the Celtics) that has a better than .500 record on the road right now.

Last year only four Eastern Conference teams had a better than .500 record on the road. Obviously all 4 made the playoffs.

While they were wins against scrub teams they were also ROAD wins against scrub teams and that can never be understated...any road win is critical for the Knicks, let alone road wins against Western Conference teams and teams like the Bobcats who will be competing with us for the #7 and #8 seeds in the playoffs.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
If D'Antoni's system is so great, why did he have to switch to a triangle offense for the team to start winning games?

The Knicks have abandned the SSOL system because Felton can't run a pick-and-roll. It's that simple. Adjusting a system because of the strengths/weaknesses of the roster should be considered a positive, not a negative.

At first everybody complained D'Antoni was too stubborn, then he adjusts and he's still hated. I've never seen so many people so angry after a 5 game winning streak and so happy during a 6 game losing streak. Doesn't make sense.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter

Weren't you the same person who made a thread saying the Knicks were going to get Lebron James, the same day Lebron decided to play for the Heat?

You were wrong about the 2010 plan, just like you're wrong now.

This 5 game winning streak proves me, Kiyaman, Red, mafra, OGKnicksfan, etc. right.

The Knicks are giving up an average of 108 points, in this winning streak, despite 5 of those wins coming against lottery teams, some of which had injuries.

You clearly never understood D'ants system and you certainly don't now. We are not running the Triangle but we are running ONE play from the triangle offense, the Pinch Post. SSOL is a philospy, not a set of rigid plays. It's a style of play that is designed to keep the defense off balance and unable to setup by pushing the ball in transition and taking quick shots. We are still pushing the ball and running SSOL for the majority of the game. The major difference is allowing other players to make plays keeping Felton off the ball at times so he can score.

Yes, D'ant made some adjustments which exactly what a coach is supposed to do! Those adjustments prove you and many of the D'ant haters wrong who claimed he does not run a strategy and cannot adapt. He recognized that Fleton had other strengths and decided not to force him into Nash's style of play.

They are giving up 108 points a game because they are still running SSOL which creates more possessions per game for both teams. It inflates the score for both teams and is a piss poor way to judge defense. I would figure that you understood this simple fact but I guess not...

Check your facts buddy. The thread I made ( http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8292&highlight=dear+haters ) was about the haters and pessimists hoping we fail to scream "I told you so". Ironic that one of this sites biggest haters would bring it up, basically saying "I told you so" months later all in the midst of a 5 game win streak! Thanks for proving the point of my original thread. :teeth:

Yes, I was confident we were getting Lebron as those were the indications coming out of the media but the thread was specifically about us being successful EVEN IF LEBRON DIDN'T SIGN evidenced by the following quotes:
Walsh was single minded in his pursuit and accomplished what he set out to do. (no, he never said it was Lebron or bust in spite of some assertions on this board)

The acquisition of Amare also makes us the most attractive roster available to acquire Lebron James and I firmly believe Lebron will be announcing that he is coming to the Knicks tomorrow night. I am optimistic and hopeful unlike some who rather us fail just to scream "I told you so" while ignoring that Lebron was just ONE path towards building a contender. Lebron or not the Knicks have already upgraded our roster and wiped the stench of Layden and Isiah away. We have a ton of cap space left and the flexibility of Curry's contract moving forward. That my friends is success!

I am right now and so far I am right about the 2010 plan. We are off to our best start in years with a squad that is in it for the long haul. We aquired a legit superstar, an all-star caliber PG on his way to a career year under D'ant and a host of solid role players. We upgraded our defense and our shooters, accomplishing this all with cap flexibility moving forward. It's sad that you call yourself a fan yet are so blinded by hate, like a lover scorned because of how you perceive your mancrush Marbury was treated even though he failed in Boston and is playing in China now. Talk about being wrong!

No, the 5 game win streak proves anyone wrong who said D'ant was stubborn, ineffective, unable to maximize a players strengths, unable to coach defense, unable to play rookies, unable to develop talent and called this season over 10 games in!

A good day sir! :thumbsup:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The Knicks have abandned the SSOL system because Felton can't run a pick-and-roll. It's that simple. Adjusting a system because of the strengths/weaknesses of the roster should be considered a positive, not a negative.

At first everybody complained D'Antoni was too stubborn, then he adjusts and he's still hated. I've never seen so many people so angry after a 5 game winning streak and so happy during a 6 game losing streak. Doesn't make sense.

LJ, don't make the same mistake. We did not abandon SSOL, we tweaked it and added the Pinch Post play to our repertoire.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I tried to explain the very same thing to LJ in the thread he made about the change in strategy.

And Trillion, I get the irony in using the same title.. the multitudes of ignoramoids on here may not though.

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ truth x1000

The only people on this site who truly seem to grasp "SSOL", are Trillion, Rono, and myself (I'm sure others do too, however).

But I've only seen SSOL, and it's implications to our team (and coach) actually articulated with objective fact and understanding by a few.

It's a philosophy, as said. Game theory, really, and basketball is a game.

This is why -- for one reason -- Kiya & Co. may have 30+ years of watching basketball or whatever...and maybe I, or anyone else, can have 30hours....But have an infinitely more complete understanding of Knick basketball (2010 Knick basketball).

Kiya & Co. continue to rack up the hours, but continue to flounder while being stuck in the past, notions of Marbury...Isiah...Walsh...Gallinarian nepotism....clouding them....any experience or "understanding" they pick up is forever poisoned.

Bitching about nitpicky rotation subs, player development on a game to game basis, whether our bigs get good enough bigman coaching by someone not named Ewing :)teeth:) is ludicrous (we all do it sometimes, but some of us realize that much of the time it's asinine to do so, and don't base our basketball understanding and opinions on it, and not after a handful of games).

SSOL doesn't have *anything* to do with sacrificing defense. It makes basic defensive metrics *harder* to achieve; but it's harder to achieve for *both* teams. And you, as the administer of this style, have the edge in mastery and experience.

It's a game changer. And that is a powerful thing.

*THIS*, btw, is where all this "D'ant needs HIS players" talk comes from. But it isn't some super specific, must love to launch 3's, random fetish.

It just means he wants players who can all execute it *SO* it can blanket other teams, as much as possible. The more you can execute it, and control the tempo of the game, the greater your edge is.

Why? Because it's your game.

This is why the players you can best execute it and evolve their understanding to encompass it (Nash, Diaw, STAT, now Felton, eg), reap such monstrous rewards and have their careers catapulted. It's a game changing philosophy. Possibly revolutionary, definitely evolutionary.

CoolClyde

true

^^ truth x1000

The only people on this site who truly seem to grasp "SSOL", are Trillion, Rono, and myself (I'm sure others do too, however).

But I've only seen SSOL, and it's implications to our team (and coach) actually articulated with objective fact and understanding by a few.

It's a philosophy, as said. Game theory, really, and basketball is a game.

This is why -- for one reason -- Kiya & Co. may have 30+ years of watching basketball or whatever...and maybe I, or anyone else, can have 30hours....But have an infinitely more complete understanding of Knick basketball (2010 Knick basketball).

Kiya & Co. continue to rack up the hours, but continue to flounder while being stuck in the past, notions of Marbury...Isiah...Walsh...Gallinarian nepotism....clouding them....any experience or "understanding" they pick up is forever poisoned.

Bitching about nitpicky rotation subs, player development on a game to game basis, whether our bigs get good enough bigman coaching by someone not named Ewing :)teeth:) is ludicrous (we all do it sometimes, but some of us realize that much of the time it's asinine to do so, and don't base our basketball understanding and opinions on it, and not after a handful of games).

SSOL doesn't have *anything* to do with sacrificing defense. It makes basic defensive metrics *harder* to achieve; but it's harder to achieve for *both* teams. And you, as the administer of this style, have the edge in mastery and experience.

It's a game changer. And that is a powerful thing.

*THIS*, btw, is where all this "D'ant needs HIS players" talk comes from. But it isn't some super specific, must love to launch 3's, random fetish.

It just means he wants players who can all execute it *SO* it can blanket other teams, as much as possible. The more you can execute it, and control the tempo of the game, the greater your edge is.

Why? Because it's your game.

This is why the players you can best execute it and evolve their understanding to encompass it (Nash, Diaw, STAT, now Felton, eg), reap such monstrous rewards and have their careers catapulted. It's a game changing philosophy. Possibly revolutionary, definitely evolutionary.

although I'm not a fan of 'Antoni, mainly because I hate his attitude more than anything else, this sums up the SSOL philosophy quite well, as well as the KO mentality. This is an interesting thread, and this is one of your best posts iSaYo! props to TrillionLbs and Rono Pusiaf.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You clearly never understood D'ants system and you certainly don't now. We are not running the Triangle but we are running ONE play from the triangle offense, the Pinch Post. SSOL is a philospy, not a set of rigid plays. It's a style of play that is designed to keep the defense off balance and unable to setup by pushing the ball in transition and taking quick shots. We are still pushing the ball and running SSOL for the majority of the game. The major difference is allowing other players to make plays keeping Felton off the ball at times so he can score.

Yes, D'ant made some adjustments which exactly what a coach is supposed to do! Those adjustments prove you and many of the D'ant haters wrong who claimed he does not run a strategy and cannot adapt! :thumbsup:

Your manipulation tactics won't work on me. This article clearly states that D'Antoni got rid of his SSOL system.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/d-antoni-revamps-offense-and-it-s-working-1.2482847
The "Seven Seconds or Less'' philosophy had to be torn up, and it might remain that way unless the Knicks eventually bring Steve Nash to New York to run it again for Mike D'Antoni.

Nice backpedaling, but you were acting like the Knicks had Lebron James in the bag, and you got exposed badly after he signed with Miami.

People like myself, Kiyaman, OGKnickfan, Red, and others knew Lebron wasn't coming to the Knicks, yet you fell for Walsh's 2010 scam.

The Knicks are on a 5 game winning streak with the triangle offense.

So that means myself, Kiyaman, Paul, Red, OGKnickfan, etc. were all right about D'Antoni's system being trash.

P.S.-The Knicks allowed 108.4 points per game, in their 5 game winning streak.

And, by the way, the Knicks were 8-8 two years ago, and they ended the season 29-53.

Nice try, Tr1ll1on, but you fail again.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Your manipulation tactics won't work on me. This article clearly states that D'Antoni got rid of his SSOL system.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/d-antoni-revamps-offense-and-it-s-working-1.2482847
The "Seven Seconds or Less'' philosophy had to be torn up, and it might remain that way unless the Knicks eventually bring Steve Nash to New York to run it again for Mike D'Antoni.

Nice backpedaling, but you were acting like the Knicks had Lebron James in the bag, and you got exposed badly after he signed with Miami.

People like myself, Kiyaman, OGKnickfan, Red, and others knew Lebron wasn't coming to the Knicks, yet you fell for Walsh's 2010 scam.

The Knicks are on a 5 game winning streak with the triangle offense.

So that means myself, Kiyaman, Paul, Red, OGKnickfan, etc. were all right about D'Antoni's system being trash.

P.S.-The Knicks allowed 108.4 points per game, in their 5 game winning streak.

And, by the way, the Knicks were 8-8 two years ago, and they ended the season 29-53.

Nice try, Tr1ll1on, but you fail again.

Great so one beat writer...ONE makes that sensationalized headline and you eat it up. All you need to do is watch one game with your eyes open instead of sitting there bruiting about mean ole D'ant and what he did to your number one crush 2 years ago and you would easily see SSOL in full effect. I bet you think Charles Barkley is a genius and his commentary on the Knicks should be taken seriously too...

LOL, at your attempts at changing the subject, rewriting history about Lebron and me somehow getting "exposed". Really guy...how and when did I get exposed? Further, even if I was somehow convinced Lebron was coming with out a shadow of the doubt it has zero bearing on this topic and is a clear diversion by you. Grasping at straws like a fat kid in a milkshake shop huh?

So no, I am clearly on record since day one that it was never Lebron/Wade or bust. They were the top targets and any GM worth anything will go after the top tier guys. Walsh did what he set out to do which was clear space and make us players in free agency for the 1st time in over a decade. He took us from the highest payroll in the league to a better team, under the cap with additional cap relief coming. We have alegit star in Amare, a PG on his way to a career year and a deep team filled with athletic young upside. That my pessimistic downtrodden fan is a success and my whole point since the jump.

Wrong, the Knicks are on a 5 game winning streak with a tweaked version of SSOL that includes one play from the Triangle offense. I bet you don't even watch post and pre game interviews with D'ant. If you did you would not be parroting one articles attempt at sensationalism.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about regarding D'ants system therefore you are not qualified to make an informed assessment on whats trash or not. With every post it makes it more clear you don't know much about our system, the plays and what exactly D'ant changed. I think this is a product of blinders because of your hatred of a person you think wronged your favorite player. You simply can't be objective and you are two vested in failure at this point. How does that happen? How does a fan end up taking a position that makes him hope and predict failure in order to vindicate that position?

P.S. I already explained that a high speed offense like SSOL will lead to more possessions therefore more points for both teams. I guess you rather ignore reality and perpetuate your self induced ignorance even after multiple posters in multiple threads have pointed this FACT out.

And by the way the Knicks traded their two best players for lesser players with expiring contracts and this too has been pointed out already. We were 8/8 and could have made the playoffs that was not our goal. Our goal was to bring our fiscal mess under control, put us in a position to get top tier players and Walsh did just that with cap space to come. How can you say the 2010 plan failed when we have a better roster with money to get another max this offseason! Haterz gonna hate...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great so one beat writer...ONE makes that sensationalized headline and you eat it up. All you need to do is watch one game with your eyes open instead of sitting there bruiting about mean ole D'ant and what he did to your number one crush 2 years ago and you would easily see SSOL in full effect. I bet you think Charles Barkley is a genius and his commentary on the Knicks should be taken seriously too...
a success and my whole point since the jump.

gonna hate...

This is the same guy who has E-mail alerts whenever someone makes a post on Knicksonline.

Please wipe D'Antoni's semen off your face.

You have absolutely no links to support your argument, yet I presented a link with an article that clearly stated D'Antoni got rid of the SSOL offense.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basket...king-1.2482847

But, of course, Tr1ll1on is upset, because D'Antoni is no longer going to ejaculate in his face at a rate of seven seconds or less anymore.

He's going to do it at a rate of 7.1 seconds.

:lol: Exposing Tr1ll1on is too easy.

Anyway, I have a life. I'm going to sleep.

Have fun taking back shots from D'Antoni, Tr1ll1on pound woman.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
This is the same guy who has E-mail alerts whenever someone makes a post on Knicksonline.

You have absolutely no links to support your argument, yet I presented a link with an article that clearly stated D'Antoni got rid of the SSOL offense.

But, of course, Tr1ll1on is upset, because D'Antoni is no longer going to ejaculate in his face at a rate of seven seconds or less anymore.

Wow congrats! It actually took more than 2 posts for you to let slip your inner fantasies about semen ejaculating on mens faces!:thumbsup:

I see some homo erratic insults, I see you copying the same ONE article what I don't see is you refuting a single one of my points. It's okay Gay.b.c.d., you are obviously more comfortable talking about D'ants sperm instead of his system so stick to what you know...

157257_541149038_7610535_n.jpg
Trillion pounds of 100% man you little semen infatuated child.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

^^^^^^^Why do dudes on here always have to resort to homo-references when they lose an arguement. Real NY Baller does the exact same shat.. So lame.

KBlack25

Starter

LOL, at your attempts at changing the subject, rewriting history about Lebron and me somehow getting "exposed". Really guy...how and when did I get exposed? Further, even if I was somehow convinced Lebron was coming with out a shadow of the doubt it has zero bearing on this topic and is a clear diversion by you. Grasping at straws like a fat kid in a milkshake shop huh?

So no, I am clearly on record since day one that it was never Lebron/Wade or bust. They were the top targets and any GM worth anything will go after the top tier guys. Walsh did what he set out to do which was clear space and make us players in free agency for the 1st time in over a decade. He took us from the highest payroll in the league to a better team, under the cap with additional cap relief coming. We have alegit star in Amare, a PG on his way to a career year and a deep team filled with athletic young upside. That my pessimistic downtrodden fan is a success and my whole point since the jump.

Wrong, the Knicks are on a 5 game winning streak with a tweaked version of SSOL that includes one play from the Triangle offense. I bet you don't even watch post and pre game interviews with D'ant. If you did you would not be parroting one articles attempt at sensationalism.

Again, you don't know what you are talking about regarding D'ants system therefore you are not qualified to make an informed assessment on whats trash or not. With every post it makes it more clear you don't know much about our system, the plays and what exactly D'ant changed. I think this is a product of blinders because of your hatred of a person you think wronged your favorite player. You simply can't be objective and you are two vested in failure at this point. How does that happen? How does a fan end up taking a position that makes him hope and predict failure in order to vindicate that position?

P.S. I already explained that a high speed offense like SSOL will lead to more possessions therefore more points for both teams. I guess you rather ignore reality and perpetuate your self induced ignorance even after multiple posters in multiple threads have pointed this FACT out.

And by the way the Knicks traded their two best players for lesser players with expiring contracts and this too has been pointed out already. We were 8/8 and could have made the playoffs that was not our goal. Our goal was to bring our fiscal mess under control, put us in a position to get top tier players and Walsh did just that with cap space to come. How can you say the 2010 plan failed when we have a better roster with money to get another max this offseason! Haterz gonna hate...

Wow...that got ugly. And then the response just regurgitating the same information already debunked, and not even addressing all of it...

Yikes.

game-over.jpg

Also, I agree and do find it interesting that most of the people that hate D'Antoni are the same ones that loved Stephon Marbury. I believe (perhaps wrongly) that much of the D'Antoni criticism comes out of a desire for him to fail because Marbury-apologists claim he was treated poorly many years ago. It's difficult for them to be objective viewers. Just my hypothesis. I've just never seen a fan of a team be so angry after a five game WINNING streak...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
^^^^^^^Why do dudes on here always have to resort to homo-references when they lose an arguement. Real NY Baller does the exact same shat.. So lame.

Aw, you're mad cause I exposed your father, Tr1ll1on. How sweet.

Wow...that got ugly. And then the response just regurgitating the same information already debunked, and not even addressing all of it...

Yikes.

game-over.jpg

Also, I agree and do find it interesting that most of the people that hate D'Antoni are the same ones that loved Stephon Marbury. I believe (perhaps wrongly) that much of the D'Antoni criticism comes out of a desire for him to fail because Marbury-apologists claim he was treated poorly many years ago. It's difficult for them to be objective viewers. Just my hypothesis. I've just never seen a fan of a team be so angry after a five game WINNING streak...

This is the same guy who always takes losses to me, in debates.

How fair and impartial your judgement is. :lol:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Always.Be.Choking'on.Dick,

The only thing you have exposed is your inability to stay on topic, your lack of knowledge about a team you claim to be a fan of and your fetish for semen. You're an angry petty child living at home typing furiously on your mom's computer all mad about your boo, Marbury being exiled to China.

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
it's a young team and will be up and down all season... same with about 3/4 of the teams in the nba this year. but the spacing is improving both on offense and defense. as long as stat doesn't force shots and create turnovers, and kicks it out to the shooters and as long as they can shoot close to 50 percent we will get our share of w's. but turn that around and we could be back at the lotto table.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
"Hi,listen i've been receiving way too many complains on you, i usually let the beefs get solve by their own but when things get out of hand i'll interfere.
What i ask you is to take it easier on the personal insults and homophobic references, and if you have anything to add, just stay on topic.

The reason why i haven't banned you yet is because you're a long time member but if things continue this way you will leave me no choice.

Thanks."
- rady
http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/private.php?do=showpm&pmid=8413

http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9271&page=3
Originally Posted by ronoranina
"Why do dudes on here always have to resort to homo-references when they lose an arguement. Real NY Baller does the exact same shat.. So lame"

Orignally posted by Tr1ll1on
"I see some homo erratic insults, I see you copying the same ONE article what I don't see is you refuting a single one of my points"
Originally posted by Tr1ll1on
"LOL, at your attempts at changing the subject."

Wow, so Tr1ll1on and his friends snitched on me and reported me to Rady?

White people team up on a person of color who is in a position of power again, just like any other person of color.

This isn't anything new, though.

It happened to Martin Luther King, Malcom X, Medgar Evers, Barack Obama, Patrick Ewing, Lebron James, Jesse Jackson, Louis Farrakhan, etc.

I'm a g.

I got these haters shook.

But what they don't realize is that even if I do get banned, I'll just come back with another name, another number, just like Michael Jordan and KingStarbury did.

Tr1ll1on is on the witness protection program, I see.

Don't worry, I won't hurt you. D'Antoni's penis has done enough damage to your colon.

Keep snitchin, I'll keep shining.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I never reported a single person ever and certainly not a scrub like u. You are comedy gold and easy prey. Maybe you should stop bleeding from your vagina and u won't get reprimanded for being a bigoted tool.

Lol at this deranged ego maniac comparing himself to Dr. king!