TMAC deal "almost" finalized!!!

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
from RealGM

"Marc Stein of ESPN wrote late Wednesday that multiple sources expressed confidence that a trade to send McGrady to New York will ultimately be consummated."

I bet this gets done by 11am tomorrow. The Thomas deal gets done soon after that.

The Joker

Rookie
From Clutchfans site leader Clutch:

tmac_knicks_uniform1.jpg

Knicks_2

Rookie
From Bucher:

RicBucher
If Sac and Hou can pull Knicks into 3-team deal, Sergio Rodriguez + TMac would go to NY, a source says. Told Sac-Hou two-way deal not done.

Suss

Rookie
Tmac made it known that he wanted to be in NY. It doesn't make any sense that Sacramento, a young rebuilding team, would aquire him. This has to be a 3 team deal for it to work. I could see the Kings being interested in Jordan Hill or one of our draft picks. Hopefully this is a scenario that works out better for the Knicks and we don't have to give away Hill AND a first round pick.

The Kings would have to take on Jefferies' contract in return for receiving Hill or draft picks.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Take Robinson and Hughes over T-Mac, but we love Duhon

Niiiiiiice Hughes and not Harrington, that leaves the Bulls trade open :D

One, D'Antoni ran off Robinson with the month pine, he got his 25K fine and said later to this power hungry idiot.
Two, D'Antoni gets Hughes in the starting line up after 3 DNP's, the Knicks look good for a period of December start January, then he goes power hungry on Hughes.
Three, Hughes and T-Mac are the same age, neither your point guard for the future.
Four, D'Antoni's point guard for the future is DUHON, DUHON and DUHON.
Plays 32-37 min, no points, no defense, some assist because he is afraid to shoot and the New York Press gives him a free pass. Worst Point Guard, took the Knicks chemistry and 7th or 8th chance right away.
Finally, shows you how great Hill was, what a bust of a pick, as I posted earlier, when an agent tells a player do not compete during the combines, just do interviews, buyer beware. This team will look real good to Lebron now compared to what he just got. D'Ant is taking the team lower than before, who would have thought.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
and...if we could only Trade D'Antoni, we got shafted with him

from RealGM

"Marc Stein of ESPN wrote late Wednesday that multiple sources expressed confidence that a trade to send McGrady to New York will ultimately be consummated."

I bet this gets done by 11am tomorrow. The Thomas deal gets done soon after that.

Do you think the remaining games will have a better winning percentage?
Hell no, plus Lebron got a big gift, look what he has to come to New York now?

I know, Duhon will draw Lebron in here, right Coach? Nate, Flu Symptoms, beautiful. Wait until you see Lee saving his career, a contender is going to nail him, no way he stays here. So what do we have left? Worse than the start of the season. Damn, who would have thought a Coaching staff could screw this up more. All you had to do was not act like an ass and you had hope of people wanting to play in New York. Now, now way, it's D-League for three more years. We saw how they could have played in Dec-Jan, but then Coach had to get in all the public fights with 4-5 players, none that would be here next year. What an idiot. Could not one player say, "Coach, you know Lebron and Hughes are very tight, Lebron shows up at his fundraisers all the time". "Coach, don't you see Lebron and Hughes talk before a game, after a game, remember, Hughes played out of position at the point a few years back and they went to the finals". Sure you get pissed when a player talks, but you talk to every other teams players also. Plus, quite smiling while your getting your ass handed to you like tonight. You were out coached by a 2nd year rookie. What a complete idiot. Charles Barkley was right, this guy cares about earning the most, rather than building a team, that's why he predicted he would go to New York over Chicago. Chicago gets a guy who never coached a game and clean D'Antoni's clock. Get's into a fight with Tyrus, one game out, then they kiss, make up and get back to kicking A and winning.

Nice posting to all you cats, guess we had to be real fans to watch this year anyway. Well, a friendly crew, feel sorry for all of us.

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
While I agree with you, very remotely, about D'Antoni, I must disagree with everything else

D'Antoni clearly has lost his will to coach this year. Having said that, who among us thought the Knicks were going to be competitive last year or this year? I knew full well that Walsh and D'Antoni had a free pass for 2 years until the big free agent summer.

Well the summer is upon us and now I would say the clock starts. As someone on the board pointed out, Doc Rivers is a perfect example. His team clearly tanked the 2006-2007 season. They gave up on Rivers and there were MANY rumors that he had given up and that he was going to be canned. 18 game losing streak!!! Then he gets two superstars and they go on to make him look like Phil Jackson. Coincidence, I think not. In this league you need superstars, you need the go to guy.

As for your assertion that Duhon is the PG of the future. I think that is false. Its clear that the Knicks and D'Antoni really like Douglass. He is young, quick and has some nice court vision. To go along with a young shooter who can progress into a better version of Peja Stojakovich (Spelling?) and a real nice complimentary guy in Chandler as well as a possible Chris Bosh, I think that team is much better than any team in the NBA.

Lebron loves the spotlight, he loves being the best and he loves money. The money he would be making on top of his contract in NY is almost nauseating. With another max free agent he would have the possibility of winning many championships, and the spotlight doesnt get any hotter than new york.

Ask yourself this, If you were in Lebron's position, what do you think is a "sexier" challenge, Winning a championship for a city nicknamed "The Mistake on the Lake", or going to the biggest city in the world and single handedly bringing their beloved basketball team back from the depths of hell and winning a long long LONG overdue championship?

BreenForPrez

Benchwarmer
When talking about "the team being the best team in the NBA" that was including Lebron on the roster. I forgot to include that. Sorry

Hitman

Benchwarmer
Ask yourself this, If you were in Lebron's position, what do you think is a "sexier" challenge, Winning a championship for a city nicknamed "The Mistake on the Lake", or going to the biggest city in the world and single handedly bringing their beloved basketball team back from the depths of hell and winning a long long LONG overdue championship?

I am so with you, I think LeBron wants to come. The interesting thing to watch will be how he handles things if the Cavs win the championship this year, which, because of how good HE is, is entirely possible. And maybe likely. And then a mere days after the ticker tape parade in Cleveland, is he going to sing a contract with the Knicks.

At the very least, it is going to be interesting to watch.