What's the deal with rep points?

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Hi. Sorry. I just want to know. Some people have a lot and somehow I have 2 while other people have only 1 but post more. how do they work?

thank you

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I honestly don't know! Not that it's really of any import. Just a fun part of the site, really.

All of a sudden I had 2 green squares in my rep power and I'm oblivious to why? I assume it's your post total and time spent here, hence you having 2 rep points after 54 posts as you signed up in Jan 2010.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I know you get a rep point every thousand posts and each year from your sign up date. I do not know how many rep points given from other members translates into an additional rep point though.

STAT1

Starter
You get rep points from other posters when they think you made a good post. If you notice there are 3 little icons underneath your Rep Power rating. Posters can add to your Rep Power by clicking that white icon in the middle of the 3 that are in the bottom left hand corner if they come across a post you made that they want to give u props for. You only get a limited amount of Rep Power you can hand out in any 24 hour period and you can't just keep adding to the same poster's Rep Power over & over again without spreading the love around to other posters.

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Cool. Thankks guys :)

Good idea for a site! I'll be sure to give rep for the good posters that deserve it. Don't think I'll go around dishing negative disaprove points though.

That's weak.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Cool. Thankks guys :)

Good idea for a site! I'll be sure to give rep for the good posters that deserve it. Don't think I'll go around dishing negative disaprove points though.

That's weak.
I agree.

Some fool (bleedingorange&blue) gave me a red negative rep...whatever that is...

And some noob gave me a negative rep for saying how good I felt hours after the Knicks beat the Heat this past Sunday.

Not that I'm losing sleep over it, but some people get jollies using the feature.

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;164064 said:
I honestly don't know! Not that it's really of any import. Just a fun part of the site, really.

All of a sudden I had 2 green squares in my rep power and I'm oblivious to why? I assume it's your post total and time spent here, hence you having 2 rep points after 54 posts as you signed up in Jan 2010.

The extra green squares actually come from when an enemy combatant has their soul seared, devoured, and obliterated, by another, stronger warrior.

Not that this could in any way apply to this situation.

KBlack25

Starter
The extra green squares actually come from when an enemy combatant has their soul seared, devoured, and obliterated, by another, stronger warrior.

I have 2 squares :)

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Ha!

Another iSaYughh classic:teeth:

Crazy⑧s;164331 said:
I'd assume that's from the roasting of Clyde and the Pearl

You guys just cant keep me off your minds huh? Where is Curly?

:3stooges::3stooges::3stooges::3stooges::3stooges::3stooges::3stooges::3stooges:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I've just figured out how it works. Same as what TR1LL1ON said, but you get an extra square every 100 rep points received.

If someone with a rep power of one hits you up with a +1, you get 1 point, if someone with a rep power of 5 does, you get 5.

I think.