will the real knick's fans please stand up

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Been a Knicks fan forever pretty much.

Didn't join the forum for awhile, well, because, Internet Forums have only really been blossoming over the past 8-10yrs

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
Im only 16 but i loved the knicks since i was 4, when my pops took me to my first game. It was the best day ever, now with my favorite player playing on my favorite team is a dream. I just love the way here plays. I joined here like 1 or two ago when we drafted Jordan Hill and i was one of the dumbest person ever ( i bought his jersey SMH)

Pricey

Rotation player
Never attended a game, never even been to NY. I'm riding the bandwagon all the way to the promised land, I'm the guy at the back clinging on with my fingertips who won't let go no matter how many uber fans beat me with their handbags.

same mate. Im planning to come to NY in the next couple years and go to MSG. I went to the states as a young teen with my family to Texas and was lucky enough to watch the Bulls and Knicks in the playoffs and the only basketball we got in Australia was Jordan so we were all semi Bulls fans and then watching that series i came away a Knicks fan. Just the way they played and the fans, it was awesome. Its a shame not long after that we became shit.
Its good to be a Knicks fan now though, we are getting more coverage in Australia and are being talked abou!

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well for those of us who have been a part of this forum since the dark ages.

It goes as follows,

We have build an island of our own, and sat strapped for any luck for years in and out, while others sat pretty waiting for that island to be built up to a standard in which they can finally drag their chanty boats over and make their homes. Now that we have established ourselves as a place worth living, and made our homes as true through and through knicks fans, its frustrating that all of these to good for a losing team fans start inhabiting an island we worked so hard to upkeep during a time where rain was steadfast on a regular basis. I want to be clear, that if you are a band wagon island hopper validate your fanship by admitting that you peeked your interest due to the melo signing, or the lebronathon drama. Dont sit here and say

ohhhh I have been reading this forum for years but never signed up until etc.etc.etc.

That is all that any one who has been an avid participant in this forum

admit your fault, and then prove your fanship.

I honestly was never moved to find a forum to express my thoughts on bball till the Lebron saga. But I've been loyal fan since 99, thru all of the losing. Just never posted here.. Honestly, I was so mad after "the decision" that I needed a place to vent amongst people who would understand how I feel. That need got me thinking about where I should turn. After over 1000 posts I guess it was a good thing the lebron saga got me to sign on. People shouldn't worry about why or how someone else starts posting here. The important thing is that they're here and the site is thriving. Besides it's easy to tell who really doesnt know bball/the team.

Wouldn't a more valid definition of a bandwagon fan be someone who doesn't really WATCH the team before the STAT/ Melo signing (when the team was shitty in other words)??

Call me a bandwagon forum user. Thas fine. But I'm Knicks fan thru and thru, and I'm sure there are many like me. You may have to adjust your thinking on this some. Not every Knicks fan feels the need to post on a forum. In fact I wish I could get back some of the minutes of my life I've wasted on this so-called island. :smokin:

Last edited:

bertdub

Rookie
Call me a bandwagon forum user. Thas fine. But I'm Knicks fan thru and thru, and I'm sure there are many like me. You may have to adjust your thinking on this some. Not every Knicks fan feels the need to post on a forum. In fact I wish I could get back some of the minutes of my life I've wasted on this so-called island. :smokin:

i can say i fall into this category. im a knick fan since 94, but from where im from, seldom will you see any knick game being shown on cable ever since the dark days of isiah when they out and out sucked (cable providers here only show the hot team of the moment- the heat, the lakers, the cavs with lebron, etc, you get my drift). i only get to follow them on the sports sites, and reading about them always losing coupled with the negative coverage they always get, it kinda takes a toll on you . i mean, i know we should support the knicks thru thick and thin but man, the disaster on the court during the isiah years was just too much to bear.....

OT, if pj brown didnt body slam charlie ward during the 97 playoffs, then maybe we couldve dethroned the bulls and we wouldnt have fallen into the dark abyss of isiah's reign lol

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
OT, if pj brown didnt body slam charlie ward during the 97 playoffs, then maybe we couldve dethroned the bulls and we wouldnt have fallen into the dark abyss of isiah's reign lol

Wow, talk about a flashback moment. I forgot that ever even happened! My God, we used to have some great rivalries. Bulls, Heat, Pacers; I hated the guts of every single one of them.

So oh great knickfan judge, where do i fit, i've followed the knicks since 93 when they were at one of there peaks finishing top of their division, Was i a band wagon jumper back then???

I was drawn in by Oakley and Mason and grew to love Ewing and Starks (who became my favorite player), they were my team, i stayed loyal thru the thick and thin,

I live in Australia, where basketball is a niche sport, never been to a game and till recently didn't really have access to them online or on dvd, I've got a Camby, Starbury and Rooster Jersey hanging in my closet... and i just found this place....

you tell me, i'm not a real fan... who gives a shit when people joined this place or started to support the NYK, if they make a mistake in one of there statements set them strait, but i say the more fans the merrier...

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
I can agree with both viewpoints. As Knicks4Life_1985 said, if you have something interesting or pertinent to say, by all means, go ahead.

But I do wonder about many of the posters on here too. Why sign up now? It smells of the average/passive fan. It doesn't matter if you say you were a Knick fan since Ewing/Starks. It only means you follow the Knicks when they're good and don't follow them when they're bad.

And to that extant, I agree with DontForgetDerekHarper. Those of us that have been following the Knicks while Isiah/Layden were destroying the team are the real diehard fans. The ones that just show up when the Knicks are relevant are not. It doesn't mean as much to them. They're no different than the Laker fans that show up late to the games and leave early. And in that regard, maybe they should tone down their criticism.

From my perspective DontForgetDerekHarper is a quality poster. My guess is that his frustration with new posters is really frustration with some of the recent posts that are moronic but nonetheless delivered with know-it-all arrogance.

The Knicks are not yet good enough to label the new posters frontrunners. Lets welcome them. If one thing is clear on this site it is that there is a substantial amount of healthy disagreement. No one appears afraid to speak his or her piece. No one gets away with moronic posts. In the free speech marketplace, the better posts prevail.

Nice points. I've always followed the Knicks in forums. I used to post in the prosportsdaily knicks forum, and trust me, if you wanna see idiot fans go there.

This site is really good. I joined a while back but it was full of abuse. Looks OK now, and there are some great threads and game threads.

Think I'll stay.

Love me or hate me as you will, but I won't be a internet dick.:thumbsup:

KingCharles34

All Star
I think these types of problems go back to when Gallo was drafted. The irony of so many Gallo-posters who have disappeared now that hes gone. Much respect to the ones that have stayed and are real knicks fans

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Gallo really had that many fans?

Yeah, but he also had just as many haters as backers.

personally I think the dude is on set for a great, prolific career. He was my favorite player on this squad but I think Chauncey is beginning to take over that. Gallo is nothing Dirk-like by any means, but will come close IMO. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on him and Ill Will in Denver as their careers progress. I think we all kinda bonded with those two, seeing as they were the starts of the Walsh/D'Antoni regime and they were our home grown talent and we watched them through the good and bad.

With that being said, I'm a Knick fan till the very end. I came on here when our team was crap, and the only reason I don't post here on a constant basis is because my academic life can be mad stressing. As for the new fans, even the bandwagoners, let's welcome them. We all know who the original diehards are, but in the end it comes down to quality. If we can have a quality discussion about basketball and your posts are crisp as **** and you aren't a troll, then it's all good.

Go Knicks!

NewYork 21 Knicks

Benchwarmer
Yeah, but he also had just as many haters as backers.

personally I think the dude is on set for a great, prolific career. He was my favorite player on this squad but I think Chauncey is beginning to take over that. Gallo is nothing Dirk-like by any means, but will come close IMO. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on him and Ill Will in Denver as their careers progress. I think we all kinda bonded with those two, seeing as they were the starts of the Walsh/D'Antoni regime and they were our home grown talent and we watched them through the good and bad.

With that being said, I'm a Knick fan till the very end. I came on here when our team was crap, and the only reason I don't post here on a constant basis is because my academic life can be mad stressing. As for the new fans, even the bandwagoners, let's welcome them. We all know who the original diehards are, but in the end it comes down to quality. If we can have a quality discussion about basketball and your posts are crisp as **** and you aren't a troll, then it's all good.

Go Knicks!

deffinetly those were my 2 fav players as much as i know anthony and chauncey are more equipped for playoffs and championship i really wanted galo and will to enjoy the run with the team i felt they put alot of heart into night in and night out when we were losing and deserved to be in the spotlight of new york...

A join date doesn't mean much @ all. Doesn't make you a better fan than myself, Spike or anyone else. You simply found out about this site before others. I just found out about this site, but does that make me a "fake fan"? No. I've been a loving Knicks fan since 92. I also fell in love with the Jets back in 94-95. Basketball & the Knicks were my 1st sporting love. Over the years, I've done my NYK talk on Jet message boards. Which was a waste of time. You cant talk Knicks on a Jets site, due to the fact that sour NJ Net fans troll & ruin every NYK thread. I'm truly thankful I found this site. Refreshing insight. I have post's on JI, JN & TGG dating back to 2004 when I found out about NYJet message boards; showing my love for both the Knicks & Jets. During ugly times too. I miss my Knicks of the 90's with Harper, Starks, Oakley, Mason, Ewing, Houston, Sprewell, Camby, LJ, Childs & Ward etc, etc. I miss the heated playoff rivalries with CHI, INDY & MIA. I never stopped loving & dreaming about our future.

It's been sad times during the past 10 years. I cant remember the last time I sat, enjoyed & actually watched an NBA playoff game. Watching the Nets sweep us during the 1st round of the playoffs was hard to sit through. Having a selfish Marbury run the team just wasn't the same as the Knicks golden years of the 90's. I loved the roar of MSG chanting defense, defense, defense. Mocking Reggie Miller chanting Cheryl, Cheryl, Cheryl lol good times. Other than Marbury being from NY, I hated everything about that guy. The Curry days took a lot out of me. I thought we finially had our first true BIG since Ewing. Once I seen he had heart conditions, I gave up all hope for Curry. Thomas ruined us, made horrible trades & left us in cap hell. Thank god for Dolan. I did enjoy players such as Nate, Gallo, Lee & Chandler (breath of fresh air), but if you were to tell me last year, that we would go from Duhon @ Point, Gallo @ SF & Lee @ PF... To Billups, Carmelo & Stoudemire; I wouldn't have believed you. "JOIN DATE" sad.

Blas

Benchwarmer
If you aren't a "bandwagon" fan and are comfortable with the fact that you are a "real" fan then don't even respond to this thread or justify yourselves.

Shows you lack some kind of confidence or think you have something to prove.

If you are a fan then just post on this site and don't worry about the labels.

OP's point is just when big things happen with the Knicks, we "happen" to get a lot of posters on this site, which is very true.

Whether it is a bad or good thing depends on the quality of posters we get.

Ronron is a great poster and I'm glad he joined. Some of the others, MEH.

vrgadin

Benchwarmer
I dedicate this thread to only members of the site who signed up before april 2010.

if you signed up afterwards do what you gotta do, but for real I just want to see how many of you idiots band wagon your asses during the lebron chase, and now throw your two cents in when all else fails

I know many of you struggled and argued and hated on eachother for years now, bickering over what the best choice is for the interest of the ny knicks.

similar to me you checked this site every night before lebron james was ever a factor in our future, and recognized that what it means to be a knick fan is to stick throug hthe hell and hte losses not just the predictions of victory.

I see so many names ive never seen before, and while most may say its not that serious, well to me if time is life, and i spend time on here, and so do you then it is very serious.

bounce false knicks fans

bounce like a derek harper in and out

and 0-18 your ass to another forum

knicksonline is for real knicks fans

not nonsensical ridiculous ignorants who feel they warrant some attention based on the fact they sign up right before lebron makes his "decision"

PUNK, i been a fan since 93, just found this site recently. go take your retro 80s high tops, skinny jeans and emo haircut elsewhere