You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

I think Randolph will be a star, eventually, somewhere. He is too skilled, too athletic, too long, not to be. Someone just needs patience with him. D'antoni ain't that guy. But if he nets (no pun intended) us Melo, we win in the short term.

elcol

Rotation player
AR is bugging for a trade anyway. we aren't playing him much and its not like hes producing in garbage time and we don't have the available time for him to get "real" minutes to develop his game. dantoni can't take that risk so we might as well trade him

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You right Metro I am making it easy for you. Really I'm taking it easy on you. You've got nothin on me money.

By all accounts I've totally and utterly dismantled you twice already (really three times if you consider the terrible shaking I gave YOU - the retarded kid - in that nonsensical Melo is a Fraud thread).. So badly infact, that it seems after each smack down you took a little over a week off from posting.. So the question is what's in it for me to continue thrashing and trashing you?

Your a boxer, or taibo ho im not sure, so you should understand this. Simply put I'm a bad style match up for you son. All of your posts seem so ready-made for devastation to me. It's like my left keeps connecting and no matter how many times I throw it you can't see it coming.. So try as you may, your not going to win any rounds against me.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but for tnite I'm going to try to move on and let you have your childish taunts and lame negative comebacks, as your bitter ego pines for a shread of redemption.

Good night..

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Dude, you're another clown who couldn't let go of me roasting/owning you like what a year ago?

Really? Fail. Do us all a favour and dig that up.

I clowned you in knowledge in NBA, and you lost credibility on this site ever since, I see why you avoid talking NBA with me and just straight to the trolling and weak personal insults.

The hypocrisy is palpable. NBA knowledge? You're a google poof.

You're worst than my ex girlfriend. Let go of your emotions and be a god damn man with your long Walter Herrmann hair(I figured you were gay at first when you posted your drunk lame pics). You look like a weird dude and present yourself as a weird dude.

Ummmmm. Is that the thread in which your ex-gf, who clearly had 40lbs+ on you, came in and defended you from the same thing that's happening now; you're getting shit for being such an angry little fruit. That one? The one, no less, in which you posted a picture of a holocaust grave trench, saying to resident genius, TR1LL1ON, 'here's a picture of your dead relatives'. That one? Hmmmmm. If I'm a weird dude, then you're an angry/emotional one that needs defending.

I'm obviously a very important person for you on here, which is pretty sad you admire me in such an obsessed way you can't control. Maybe thats why you're so angry? Go for a wank or something kid, your purpose on the forum is obsolete.

The only important thing about this site IS this site. I love it! Because I love the NYK. There are some good crew on here, there are some net pest ass grapes as well. You are the latter.

Crawl back inside your whorish mother little man.

la2ny

Starter
Quiet. You lack a basketball mind. This thread isn't a place for you, stop trolling and sucking another fool's penis. If you suck his penis, what does that make you? You're a nobody here. Move along. Go outside and run. Work on your fitness, read a book. Improve your life. Do something with yourself besides post alot of crap.
Mad much??
Respondin 2 s**t wrote weeks ago smh...

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I guess I'm in the minority that thinks AR will flourish with a different coach in another system. This kid runs the floor, blocks shots, & plays good help defense. All things we're lacking on the floor right now. And why isn't he playing? IMO it's because he lacks range on his jumper in D'Antoni's system. The point about this kid is he NEEDS minutes to grow as a player. He's only 21 & hasn't had consistent playtime due to injury & whatever else. D'Antoni IMO is not a versatile coach. A good/versatile coach can get the most out his players & play to their strengths. Look at the Knicks in the early to mid 90's. We weren't the most athletic team in the least bit but Riley was able to get the most of of 1 star (Pat Ewing) & a bunch of role players. And if it weren't for Jordan we might have a trophy or two.

iSaYughh

Starter
I guess I'm in the minority that thinks AR will flourish with a different coach in another system. This kid runs the floor, blocks shots, & plays good help defense. All things we're lacking on the floor right now. And why isn't he playing? IMO it's because he lacks range on his jumper in D'Antoni's system. The point about this kid is he NEEDS minutes to grow as a player. He's only 21 & hasn't had consistent playtime due to injury & whatever else. D'Antoni IMO is not a versatile coach. A good/versatile coach can get the most out his players & play to their strengths. Look at the Knicks in the early to mid 90's. We weren't the most athletic team in the least bit but Riley was able to get the most of of 1 star (Pat Ewing) & a bunch of role players. And if it weren't for Jordan we might have a trophy or two.

A lot of this just doesn't add up. Though Randolph may very well beast if he was on a different team.

You mention the system holding him back. But the opposite would be the case; why every KO member and D'ant himself were so optimistic once we acquired him.

A big with rare speed, athleticism, who can rebound and block shots is the rare big Ssol covets. Plus, he has an adequate jumper w potential, and it's not like underlying shooting potential doesnt flourish under D'ant.

You mention his age, lack of experience and not having been given a shot as reasons for D'ant not playing him n him playing well; and thus D'ant is not versatile n can't get performance out of imperfect or unproven or not offensively refined players. Or he just doesn't give them a chance.

*Fields (hybrid sg/sf 2nd round rookie, state, known for Rebounding n intangibles)
*Moz (7ft no ones heard of Russian project, made n given chance as a starter)
*Turiaf ( career backup big known for hustle n defense, made a starter n given minutes throughout season)
*Williams ( out of work, alienated former 1st rounder now a key player and with a revived career n life)

Those are just the most clear cut examples for our team, not even going back further in D'ant's coach-player development track record.

Clearly it sucks Randolph isn't contributing, but there is a clearly a reasoning ( good r bad) that * isn't* for the reasons most commonly assumed.

It should trouble us further that such an esteemed talent was a throw in for us in letting Lee go to get Amare. That he was let go like he was, n that in turn he has been doghoused r bench ridden since his arrival.

Some players w obviously tremendous talent just can't stay on the court as a legit player and get quality minutes. Desire their broken down per's, or expanded per/minute numbers looking good.

Better examples out there, but Darko is one. His mystery revealed itself over time, n finally, in his own words, grew the **** up and did what he needed to do. Now he is a quality starter for Min.

But look how long it took. He's what? 25? And how much did prior teams (pistons above all else) squander by banking n investing in him.

Our knick franchise right now, w huge spotlight, expectations, young roster, in the heat of a playoff race is just not in a good spot in that regard.

Why he can't get * some* consistent minutes worked in, idk. Likely md doesn't want to throw that bone till ar throws him one by playing solid in practice w good attitude n whenev spot minutes come make the most of them. In a player run league, it's rare to see that, but, could be..

Randolph is too much of a project plus he has a lower risk/reward ratio. Besides rebounding he doesn't fit any holes we need filled. If he could develop a shot from long range mixed with his rebounding he would be the perfect PF/C for us. I think we should flip him for the first rounder regardless if we trade for Melo or not and try our hand at the Draft.

The problem with Randolph is he hasn't gotten quality coaching at the College level because he was a one and done. He should have spent more time in College learning better fundamentals how to play a team game and bulking up. Then what hurt his progress even more is he was a poorly managed GS team that saw over 30+ lineup changes.

I think for him to get a shot at the rotation he's going to do what Jared Jefferies did and improve himself muscular wise and develop a 3 ball. Then we would be able to use him in the same type role but he would be more offensive minded and a way better finisher.

I just don't see the hype around this guy he to me would have a Stat line of 12pts 10rb 1.5blks 1.1ast in a career year if he worked on those things I spoke of before. And who knows when he would reach that potential?
I say we just flip him for a first rounder.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
A lot of this just doesn't add up. Though Randolph may very well beast if he was on a different team.

You mention the system holding him back. But the opposite would be the case; why every KO member and D'ant himself were so optimistic once we acquired him.

A big with rare speed, athleticism, who can rebound and block shots is the rare big Ssol covets. Plus, he has an adequate jumper w potential, and it's not like underlying shooting potential doesnt flourish under D'ant.

You mention his age, lack of experience and not having been given a shot as reasons for D'ant not playing him n him playing well; and thus D'ant is not versatile n can't get performance out of imperfect or unproven or not offensively refined players. Or he just doesn't give them a chance.

*Fields (hybrid sg/sf 2nd round rookie, state, known for Rebounding n intangibles)
*Moz (7ft no ones heard of Russian project, made n given chance as a starter)
*Turiaf ( career backup big known for hustle n defense, made a starter n given minutes throughout season)
*Williams ( out of work, alienated former 1st rounder now a key player and with a revived career n life)

Those are just the most clear cut examples for our team, not even going back further in D'ant's coach-player development track record.

Clearly it sucks Randolph isn't contributing, but there is a clearly a reasoning ( good r bad) that * isn't* for the reasons most commonly assumed.

It should trouble us further that such an esteemed talent was a throw in for us in letting Lee go to get Amare. That he was let go like he was, n that in turn he has been doghoused r bench ridden since his arrival.

Some players w obviously tremendous talent just can't stay on the court as a legit player and get quality minutes. Desire their broken down per's, or expanded per/minute numbers looking good.

Better examples out there, but Darko is one. His mystery revealed itself over time, n finally, in his own words, grew the **** up and did what he needed to do. Now he is a quality starter for Min.

But look how long it took. He's what? 25? And how much did prior teams (pistons above all else) squander by banking n investing in him.

Our knick franchise right now, w huge spotlight, expectations, young roster, in the heat of a playoff race is just not in a good spot in that regard.

Why he can't get * some* consistent minutes worked in, idk. Likely md doesn't want to throw that bone till ar throws him one by playing solid in practice w good attitude n whenev spot minutes come make the most of them. In a player run league, it's rare to see that, but, could be..

He had no choice but to play Fields as a starter. Who else at the 2 spot was playing better at preseason? Bill Walker or Roger Mason?

Moz CLEARLY needs more work with a big man coach to be successful in the NBA.

Besides Curry whole else could fill the center spot & play minutes? Amare? We've seen how that's gone this season & he NEEDS help down low.

I'll give you Williams because he surprised EVERYONE with his shooting.

The point about D'Antoni is because of how this roster is, he had no choice but to play Fields & Turiaf. That's not good coaching. He got very lucky these guys stepped up to the plate & were able to play at this level. We dropped 6 straight & he still wouldn't & go to his bench.

You develop young talent by playing them consistently. Not yanking them when they make rookie mistakes which young players do. How do you think Gallo would've fared had his leash been as short as Randolph's

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
metro and rarely agree but he's 100% right....AR is a freak n he was never given a fair shot...pls dont bring up pre season cuz felton waas running dis offense terrible

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Exactly.

None of us is saying that Randolph is going to be a miracle solution but what's wrong with clamoring for an excellent rebounder to get more playing time when we're being out-rebounded by the likes of the Phoenix Suns?

Seriously guys, Randolph could at least change that. If nothing else we know he can rebound.

iSaYughh

Starter
He had no choice but to play Fields as a starter. Who else at the 2 spot was playing better at preseason? Bill Walker or Roger Mason?

Moz CLEARLY needs more work with a big man coach to be successful in the NBA.

Besides Curry whole else could fill the center spot & play minutes? Amare? We've seen how that's gone this season & he NEEDS help down low.

I'll give you Williams because he surprised EVERYONE with his shooting.

The point about D'Antoni is because of how this roster is, he had no choice but to play Fields & Turiaf. That's not good coaching. He got very lucky these guys stepped up to the plate & were able to play at this level. We dropped 6 straight & he still wouldn't & go to his bench.

You develop young talent by playing them consistently. Not yanking them when they make rookie mistakes which young players do. How do you think Gallo would've fared had his leash been as short as Randolph's

?? Gallo would not be faring well. Most wouldnt. But Gallo wasn't treated that way; and most aren't either! Moz, I agree, is extremely unrefined; even he was given more trust n respect!

Why is Randolph treated w such abysmal respect n trust, relative to his skills -- I'm gsw, n now here, where we have a huge need for him. And his game *is* very conducive to ssol.

This isn't even player coaching/ development really. Randolph is being outcast from even being treated * to* coach on the court.

I'm honestly lost why he is being treated like this, dating back to his gsw days. At this pt I mainly conclude that his character issues, bball Iq concerns, and rawness to be a legit player w legit minutes. And they are even worse than imagined.

Vs d'ant has some bizarre hatred n cluelessness for a player whose skills we clearly need, and d'ant himself loves. No nba nyc coach, in a playoff run no less, is that stupid n self destructive to himself n his team.

It wouldnt even be about bball knowledge, style, ability as a coach. It would be an indescribable moron, loser, and cluelessness of epic proportion.

Which maybe is so. Given * all* factors in play, and Randolphs history, just don't find it likely.

Re: sg/fields -- Chandler was the sexy pick talked about, even rotation style w Walker/Douglas. Not like Fields is a prototype 2, either, ya know?

I basically wish ppl would harass n demand Dant/Walsh to explain n clarify the Randolph enigma since he became knick.

ˆˆ Gallo would not be faring well. Most wouldnt. But Gallo wasn't treated that way; and most aren't either! Moz, I agree, is extremely unrefined; even he was given more trust n respect!

Why is Randolph treated w such abysmal respect n trust, relative to his skills -- I'm gsw, n now here, where we have a huge need for him. And his game *is* very conducive to ssol.

This isn't even player coaching/ development really. Randolph is being outcast from even being treated * to* coach on the court.

I'm honestly lost why he is being treated like this, dating back to his gsw days. At this pt I mainly conclude that his character issues, bball Iq concerns, and rawness to be a legit player w legit minutes. And they are even worse than imagined.

Vs d'ant has some bizarre hatred n cluelessness for a player whose skills we clearly need, and d'ant himself loves. No nba nyc coach, in a playoff run no less, is that stupid n self destructive to himself n his team.

It wouldnt even be about bball knowledge, style, ability as a coach. It would be an indescribable moron, loser, and cluelessness of epic proportion.

Which maybe is so. Given * all* factors in play, and Randolphs history, just don't find it likely.

Re: sg/fields -- Chandler was the sexy pick talked about, even rotation style w Walker/Douglas. Not like Fields is a prototype 2, either, ya know?

I basically wish ppl would harass n demand Dant/Walsh to explain n clarify the Randolph enigma since he became knick.

BEST POST OF THE DAY. Everyone knows randolph is very raw but he is raw with tremendous potential.He isnt really a position yet since he is so versatile and instead of dant finding out what he is good at he just said you can shoot so your benched.Mike is a fool and timberwolves are sticking their tongues out slobbing right now for the chance to get this guy.

BTW metro stop being a dick

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Randolph is excluded from getting minutes because he has a bad shot, bad shot selection, turns the ball over, & has alot of difficulty defending guys one on one w out fouling.

If rebounding and weak-side defense were the only requisites for PT on this team, Randolph would be a shrew-in. But we need more. On this team more is required of him, namely on the other end of the floor-- our bread and butter end.

We play an offense that requires savvy, cooperation, and knockdown shot making. It demands the players that run it know where the ball is supposed to go and be able to get it there w precision, possession in and possession out. We also need him to be the kind of shooter that can space the floor as a threat and when open, actually hit shots consistently.. Can Randolph do these things? Be honest w yourselves Randolph supporters... For a team that depends on being able to outscore people to get W's, it is unwise to expect a player that is notorious for TO's, bad shot selection and an inconsistent shot to get minutes on an SSOL style team that takes winning seriously.

Right now, on this team w this coach, we simply can't afford to give playing time to incomplete offensive players.​

Last edited:
?? Gallo would not be faring well. Most wouldnt. But Gallo wasn't treated that way; and most aren't either! Moz, I agree, is extremely unrefined; even he was given more trust n respect!

Can't You just accept that Randolph is a project and will need 2-3 years (that we don't have) to reach his full potential. Also if you look at it from Dantoni's point of view we tried the Randolph train in the beginning of the season it failed. He went with something else and it lead to a 8 game winning streak.

I know Randolph can play somewhat but his head isn't where his game needs to be, He pulls up jumpers on 2on1 fastbreaks, he plays the perimeter like he is a guard, He makes bone head passes. He just isn't ready he is still making Rookie Mistakes that a 3rd year player should have already smoothed out.

Also we aren't around to see them practice but in a interview Mike D touched on this when asked about Shawne Williams. He said he tried all the guys that were here first and if he liked what he saw in practice he could play them. He also said Williams was shooting great in practice for a while so he finally broke him into the rotation. So I can guess that Mike D doesn't like what he sees from AR or he would be playing.

Randolph is excluded from getting minutes because he has a bad shot, bad shot selection, turns the ball over, & has alot of difficulty defending guys one on one w out fouling.

If rebounding and weak-side defense were the only requisites for PT on this team, Randolph would be a shrew-in. But we need more. On this team more is required of him, namely on the other end of the floor-- our bread and butter end.

We play an offense that requires savvy, cooperation, and knockdown shot making. It demands the players that run it know where the ball is supposed to go and be able to get it there w precision, possession in and possession out; We also need him to be the kind of shooter that can space the floor as a threat and when open, actually hit shots consistently.. Can Randolph do these things? Be honest w yourselves Randolph supporters... For a team that depends on being able to outscore people to get W's, it is unwise to expect a player that is notorious for TO's, bad shot selection and an inconsistent shot to get minutes on an SSOL style team that takes winning seriously.

Right now, on this team w this coach, we simply can't afford to give playing time to incomplete offensive players.​
Quality Post + 1

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
How many young players don't take bad shots, & turn the ball over? How many times did Kobe take ill advised shots in first first 3 years in the league? The key is to PLAY them so they get the experience to NOT do those things. Why pigeonhole a player that has other skills you can build on to try to turn him into Channing Frye? Put the player in a position to maximize what he does well instead of saying: oh well, he can shoot & he makes rookies mistakes so I won't play him.

How many young players don't take bad shots, & turn the ball over? How many times did Kobe take ill advised shots in first first 3 years in the league? The key is to PLAY them so they get the experience to NOT do those things. Why pigeonhole a player that has other skills you can build on to try to turn him into Channing Frye? Put the player in a position to maximize what he does well instead of saying: oh well, he can shoot & he makes rookies mistakes so I won't play him.

Yeah but AR is in his 4th year and is still making the same mistakes. I think the saying goes "Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results"

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Yeah but AR is in his 4th year and is still making the same mistakes. I think the saying goes "Insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results"

He was drafted 2008-09. He was out for half of last season with a serious anke injury. During that stretch he was averaging 13 & 7. The guy is ready to contribute, he needs minutes & confidence he can make a mistake & not get yanked at that moment.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Yea but Kobe didn't turn the ball over like this kid does.

He could also guard his position A LOT more adequately than AR ie w out all of the inane fouls.

Not doing the above two evils too much (young guys will make mistakes) allows a coach to keep a player on the floor, where said player can learn, because they're not hurting the teams chances of staying in a game and ultimately winning.