You guys will be sorry once Randolph leaves.

iSaYughh

Starter
Can't You just accept that Randolph is a project and will need 2-3 years (that we don't have) to reach his full potential. Also if you look at it from Dantoni's point of view we tried the Randolph train in the beginning of the season it failed. He went with something else and it lead to a 8 game winning streak.

I know Randolph can play somewhat but his head isn't where his game needs to be, He pulls up jumpers on 2on1 fastbreaks, he plays the perimeter like he is a guard, He makes bone head passes. He just isn't ready he is still making Rookie Mistakes that a 3rd year player should have already smoothed out.

Also we aren't around to see them practice but in a interview Mike D touched on this when asked about Shawne Williams. He said he tried all the guys that were here first and if he liked what he saw in practice he could play them. He also said Williams was shooting great in practice for a while so he finally broke him into the rotation. So I can guess that Mike D doesn't like what he sees from AR or he would be playing.

I don't really disagree. He is a project w issues, I agree; we aren't in position to let such a person go through growing pains with big minutes. And thats exactly why Williams got his chances -- did well in practice, accepted he had to work and get in the trenches of practice n spot minutes and still perform.

But AR can still rebound/block/run/defend/soar. Unless he is such a head case, already got his head ass backwards in NY, and can't bring himself to do shit in practice or spot minutes...In games our frontline is getting wrecked up, we're behind, or really need to inject something to change the dynamic...He just cant be that bad to not get a shot, IMO, and possibly be a big situational help.

I'm not crying either way, and if we are protecting him at this pt to keep his value locked in to a point where we can deal for a 1st, i get it. I'd mainly like more light shed on just why and how his minutes have been so conspicuously minimal the entire session, and what D'ants evaluation is on him.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Randolph represents a great player for a team looking to rebuild totally and put their faith in young raw potential that can one day become legit talent. He's potentially a great PF but why do we need to worry about that when we have the best in the league?

Randolph though talented is not ready to challenge for a title in the next 2 years as a starter and Melo is ready NOW obviously so it's really not a tough decision.

Season 14G 7.9MIN 11-38 FGM-A .289 FG% 0-23PM-A .0003P% 6-12FTM-A .500FT% 0.6OFF 1.8DEF 2.4TOT .21STL .50BLK .71TO .93PF 0.5AST 2.0PTS:barf::barf:

These are Randolph's stats for this season. How can some of you argue with Stats like these???The kid obviously has his head on backwards he is averaging nearly a foul and turnover every 8min he is on the court while shooting under 30%. I know he showed some potential in Golden State and he has shown flashes here but you can't argue that he hasn't regressed or isn't producing given the quality minutes he has been given.

I think the only reason you guys are dying to see him play is because of the hype that was around this Kid and the hype still around him. That I blame on the Knicks' Media because they made it seem as if he was the centerpiece of the Lee deal when the deal was made to get expiring contracts so we can make a play for the 2011 Free Agency.

However the hype around AR is starting to be in our favor because teams are willing to take him for a first rounder and I just read Denver is warm to the idea of actually taking AR in a deal.

In the end AR will get the same treatment Hill did because he was too raw.He will just be used as trade bait to help us get one step closer to being a great team.

KingofNy

Starter
He is one of the best shot blockers but one of the worst rebounders for his size/minutes. Blocking isn't really an issue for this team, we get lots of blocks.

We need players that have steady footwork, box out their man and play sound two way basketball. Darko is simply not a position-savy big man, he doesn't box out, he doesn't fight for boards (particularly on the offensive glass) and to top it off he has attitude problems. He's an upgrade to Mozgov or Eddy Curry, but i'd still rather have Turiaf then Darko.

What we need is a player like Marcus Camby, who can do it at both ends. not like guys like that grow on trees, or come cheap, but that is the type of player that would be a better fit for this team.

Nobody currently on our team boxes out except for Fields...Darko would fit right in. lol

Also, I'm curious if Camby would be able to run in our system after having knee surgery? I mean he's already been in the league for 14 years and isn't getting any younger. I would of loved to have Camby back here, he would of easily added 10 wins to this team with his rebounds and defense alone... That is... if he could made D'Antoni's 7-man rotation. :shrug:

I honestly think it's not about talent with D'Antoni...You can have all the talent in the world but if you can't run, he doesn't want you or just won't play you.

metrocard

Legend
metro and rarely agree but he's 100% right....AR is a freak n he was never given a fair shot...pls dont bring up pre season cuz felton waas running dis offense terrible

Thanks.
AR got mad athleicism and skill.
Exactly. AR's offense isn't needed, his shot blocking and rebounding would be a huge plus.

You right Metro I am making it easy for you. Really I'm taking it easy on you. You've got nothin on me money.

By all accounts I've totally and utterly dismantled you twice already (really three times if you consider the terrible shaking I gave YOU - the retarded kid - in that nonsensical Melo is a Fraud thread).. So badly infact, that it seems after each smack down you took a little over a week off from posting.. So the question is what's in it for me to continue thrashing and trashing you?

Your a boxer, or taibo ho im not sure, so you should understand this. Simply put I'm a bad style match up for you son. All of your posts seem so ready-made for devastation to me. It's like my left keeps connecting and no matter how many times I throw it you can't see it coming.. So try as you may, your not going to win any rounds against me.

Maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow, but for tnite I'm going to try to move on and let you have your childish taunts and lame negative comebacks, as your bitter ego pines for a shread of redemption.

Good night..

You never dismantled anyone. I didn't have a working keyboard(as you know, and I don't got time to replying to a low quality poster like yourself. I'm a tight schedule, full time on three different positions + a social life your old lame boring fat ass will never experience. I'll let you say you won though since your life is so empty and null.

You have no style. So stop it. You don't know anything about boxing either, so don't make me pity you anymore than I do.
I made CLEAR points with information(something you never provide) and you go into a personal off topic convo. That shows how much you "dismantle" people :lol:

Before you think about battling, get in my weight division first you fat slump. Repeating your point over again when its been proven wrong doesn't help your argument, dumbass.

I agree. I want randolph to develop into the beast he can become. Hopefully d'antoni can give him a chance.

Co-sign.

Randolph is excluded from getting minutes because he has a bad shot, bad shot selection, turns the ball over, & has alot of difficulty defending guys one on one w out fouling.

If rebounding and weak-side defense were the only requisites for PT on this team, Randolph would be a shrew-in. But we need more. On this team more is required of him, namely on the other end of the floor-- our bread and butter end.

We play an offense that requires savvy, cooperation, and knockdown shot making. It demands the players that run it know where the ball is supposed to go and be able to get it there w precision, possession in and possession out. We also need him to be the kind of shooter that can space the floor as a threat and when open, actually hit shots consistently.. Can Randolph do these things? Be honest w yourselves Randolph supporters... For a team that depends on being able to outscore people to get W's, it is unwise to expect a player that is notorious for TO's, bad shot selection and an inconsistent shot to get minutes on an SSOL style team that takes winning seriously.

Right now, on this team w this coach, we simply can't afford to give playing time to incomplete offensive players.​

First of all, you never seen Randolph play enough to say everything your typing, so it becomes automatically false. Once you sit your fat butt down and watch some footage of Randolph, then your assessment would be validated. Till then, its 100% bullshit.

Randolph's exclusion from the minutes isn't helping this team. Do you realize Knicks are the worst rebounding team behind the Warriors? We can never be a competitive team without rebounding. We're BENCHING our best rebounder, fool.

He's average 12 rebounds per 36 minutes.
and he also average 2 assist, so his turnovers aren't that big of a problem, they can go down and most of them are avoidable turnoves if you actually saw Anthony play, which you don't.

Randolph can run the floor and has a mid range sho that would be consistant with more experience. Camby's midrange shot was inconsistant in the beginning of his career and it developed with time and experience. GIving up on a 20 year old SF/C that averages 12 rebounds per 36 and 2 blocks is just foolish and not a very thoughtful assessment.

Guess what?

Camby has turnover problems in the beginning of his career also. He averaged 2.5 turnovers same range as Randolph, and Camby didn't average less than 3 fouls per game until his 9th season in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cambyma01.html

Thats undeniable information.

Just because a player fouls a lot doesn't make him a bad defender, especially in this era of the NBA where a foul can be accounted for anything. So next time watch a game, and do your research when you talk to me. I'm the best here, with very little effort. Your argument is really pointless. YA ****ING DONE SON.

metrocard

Legend
11-38 FGM-A .289 FG% 0-23PM-A .0003P%

So the fact that while AR is only playing in limited minutes excuses the .289fg% or the 38fga?

Do you realize 28% FG can change greatly in 10-20 games? especially when its 38 FG attempts? YOU IDIOT. You don't judge a player based on 38 field goal attempts. He's a career 45% FG shooter.

Ya ****ing done son too, its ova.

and go sign off dude, get a life. Its my first time logged on here in a over a week and you already on the d.i.c.k.

Randolph would help us tremendously if he focused on the little things. I don't think he does that enough. If he concentrated more on his rebounding and defense, instead of trying to wow us with his unharnessed, but multi faceted skill set offensively, he'd be playing. When he develops, he'll be G status. But sadly, that won't be here.

He helps us get Melo, he served a greater purpose.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thanks.
AR got mad athleicism and skill.
Exactly. AR's offense isn't needed, his shot blocking and rebounding would be a huge plus.

You never dismantled anyone. I didn't have a working keyboard(as you know, and I don't got time to replying to a low quality poster like yourself. I'm a tight schedule, full time on three different positions + a social life your old lame boring fat ass will never experience. I'll let you say you won though since your life is so empty and null.

You have no style. So stop it. You don't know anything about boxing either, so don't make me pity you anymore than I do.
I made CLEAR points with information(something you never provide) and you go into a personal off topic convo. That shows how much you "dismantle" people :lol:

Before you think about battling, get in my weight division first you fat slump. Repeating your point over again when its been proven wrong doesn't help your argument, dumbass.

Co-sign.

First of all, you never seen Randolph play enough to say everything your typing, so it becomes automatically false. Once you sit your fat butt down and watch some footage of Randolph, then your assessment would be validated. Till then, its 100% bullshit.

Randolph's exclusion from the minutes isn't helping this team. Do you realize Knicks are the worst rebounding team behind the Warriors? We can never be a competitive team without rebounding. We're BENCHING our best rebounder, fool.

He's average 12 rebounds per 36 minutes.
and he also average 2 assist, so his turnovers aren't that big of a problem, they can go down and most of them are avoidable turnoves if you actually saw Anthony play, which you don't.

Randolph can run the floor and has a mid range sho that would be consistant with more experience. Camby's midrange shot was inconsistant in the beginning of his career and it developed with time and experience. GIving up on a 20 year old SF/C that averages 12 rebounds per 36 and 2 blocks is just foolish and not a very thoughtful assessment.

Guess what?

Camby has turnover problems in the beginning of his career also. He averaged 2.5 turnovers same range as Randolph, and Camby didn't average less than 3 fouls per game until his 9th season in the NBA.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/c/cambyma01.html

Thats undeniable information.

Just because a player fouls a lot doesn't make him a bad defender, especially in this era of the NBA where a foul can be accounted for anything. So next time watch a game, and do your research when you talk to me. I'm the best here, with very little effort. Your argument is really pointless. YA ****ING DONE SON.

Yes you were dismantled. Go back and read the KO post in this thread if you need a reminder lol. You prolly don't really want to relive that do you? The response that caused you to not come back to the forum for a week. Yea that one. You could've responded promptly but you had nothing to say, just like in the Marbitch debate where I embarrassed you and in your ignorant-ass Melo is a fraud thread.

You didn't even bother to respond to the Knock- out post in this forum adequately and instead posted some redundant BS, nonsense (similar to the above useless response). Nonsense that could've been countered easily but wasn't because it would've been a waste of time since I already sh*tted on all your redundant points in the KO of Metro post lol. It was over then bro. Let it go.

The last post I made, a good post which I received rep from two posters for, was not even directed at you and yet you keep trying to debate me.

The thing you don't realize is your not really saying anything at this point. I think you the only one that doesn't see it. Atleast in the other threads where I sonned you, you had the good sense to not respond anymore, lol..

What's wrong Metro? You got your frail ego hurt huh?

Now you're just flailing at this point, trying to save face..

I've moved on..

And you calling me fat over and over is just hilarious as you have no idea how I actually look. Very amusing..

Last edited:

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Yea but Kobe didn't turn the ball over like this kid does.

He could also guard his position A LOT more adequately than AR ie w out all of the inane fouls.

Not doing the above two evils too much (young guys will make mistakes) allows a coach to keep a player on the floor, where said player can learn, because they're not hurting the teams chances of staying in a game and ultimately winning.

Kobe not only turned the ball over alot in his young career but he took ill advised shots breaking from the offense many a times & at crucial moments (remember playoff's at Utah). So much so it caused conflict between him & Shaq remember? He learned more patience as he got older & more seasoned. AR hasn't had the minutes or the leash Kobe has had in LA & it's a shame.

metrocard

Legend
Nah, I wasn't. Like I said, no keyboard/access to the internet = you're replying to no one. How stupid are you? Is your self esteem that low to the point your greatest achievement in life is "dismantling" someone with no keyboard or internet? LOL. Get a life, son.

You get happy because you get rep on the internet and from two posters that have no credibility on this site? You're a clown. Just because two clowns share your opinion, it just makes a bigger clown. This is not even worth wasting my time now. You're a defenseless fool with nothing to give to this forum. Get out of my thread if you're not going to discuss basketball. I'm not your friend and I don't know why you obsessed with me personally. This is a basketball discussion site, it seems like you're more into me as a person. Hop off my nuts. You looked like an idiot here and basically whereever you post.

metrocard

Legend
Kobe not only turned the ball over alot in his young career but he took ill advised shots breaking from the offense many a times & at crucial moments (remember playoff's at Utah). So much so it caused conflict between him & Shaq remember? He learned more patience as he got older & more seasoned. AR hasn't had the minutes or the leash Kobe has had in LA & it's a shame.

The dude doesn't understand what experience and development is. His agruement is 100% flawed with nothing worth to grab.

I agree it is a shame because Randolph is that TALENTED and deserves minutes just based on his talent...I'm not trying to do an Isiah here, but the kid can rebound and is probably the best rebounder we had since Camby. Benching him only hurts us in the end.

Plus wouldn't want to increase his trade value? Not playing him only hurts it.

Theres so many points that can be made against his benching, its amazing illogical (no offense to anyone) anyone would true to defend it.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Nah, I wasn't. Like I said, no keyboard/access to the internet = you're replying to no one. How stupid are you? Is your self esteem that low to the point your greatest achievement in life is "dismantling" someone with no keyboard or internet? LOL. Get a life, son.

You get happy because you get rep on the internet and from two posters that have no credibility on this site? You're a clown. Just because two clowns share your opinion, it just makes a bigger clown. This is not even worth wasting my time now. You're a defenseless fool with nothing to give to this forum. Get out of my thread if you're not going to discuss basketball. I'm not your friend and I don't know why you obsessed with me personally. This is a basketball discussion site, it seems like you're more into me as a person. Hop off my nuts. You looked like an idiot here and basically whereever you post.

Oh now you want to just discuss basketball, the thing you suck at..? Lolz..

This from the guy who slung 20 or so ghey cracks my way cause he was MAD, cause he got sonned. Damn your so lame and pathetic.. Out of all posters on KO.com your prolly the quickest to get defensive, quickest to get personal and one of the least insightful on bball-- that Melo thread showed that. It was the awful shame that it was and you can't run from or defend it.. That is why I own you on here. Remember that.

Last edited:

elcol

Rotation player
although ive been skeptical for the past few weeks about the AR situation, i was really impressed with what i saw at the knicks - pistons game. i felt like he matured a lot. no stupid passes, threes, silly turnovers, or ballhogging. although he didn't score much he gobbled up rebounds and passed to the pg instead of making foolish plays. IMO it didn't look like much but i saw a lot of improvement

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Metro is an idiot, but you I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Let's try and unpack this a bit..

Why would AR have the freedom Kobe did? I mean think about what your saying. Kobe was much more talented AND under control than this kid.

W him you could see the potential right away. You couldn't drag him off the floor, forget benching him.. I really can't believe you are willing to compare the two players. Kobe is Kobe.

If Kobe were AR's age and on this squad right now, can you honestly sit there and say he'd be benched?? Common...smfh.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
although ive been skeptical for the past few weeks about the AR situation, i was really impressed with what i saw at the knicks - pistons game. i felt like he matured a lot. no stupid passes, threes, silly turnovers, or ballhogging. although he didn't score much he gobbled up rebounds and passed to the pg instead of making foolish plays. IMO it didn't look like much but i saw a lot of improvement
It's a start I guess, AR getting some RBs and limiting his mistakes in the limited minutes he got last night. But unless he has a breakout game like Moz did last night he is going right back to the bench as soon as Wil and Williams are back. What he did last night is not going to convince D'Antoni to promote him from 3rd string.

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Metro is an idiot, but you I'll give the benefit of the doubt. Let's try and unpack this a bit..

Why would AR have the freedom Kobe did? I mean think about what your saying. Kobe was much more talented AND under control than this kid.

W him you could see the potential right away. You couldn't drag him off the floor, forget benching him.. I really can't believe you are willing to compare the two players. Kobe is Kobe.

If Kobe were AR's age and on this squad right now, can you honestly sit there and say he'd be benched?? Common...smfh.

I think you're forgetting what Kobe was like when he first came to the league. The cocky showoff that tried to emulate Jordan (still tries). He was talented coming straight from highschool but he wasn't as hyped or nearly as talented straight from highschool as LBJ. He was even drafted at 13 I believe & AR played one year college & was a picked at 14. Kobe was raw & athletic; the same as AR.

I think you really forgot how raw he was when he came to the league:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pnPaZtO3c

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I think you're forgetting what Kobe was like when he first came to the league. The cocky showoff that tried to emulate Jordan (still tries). He was talented coming straight from highschool but he wasn't as hyped or nearly as talented straight from highschool as LBJ. He was even drafted at 13 I believe & AR played one year college & was a picked at 14. Kobe was raw & athletic; the same as AR.

I think you really forgot how raw he was when he came to the league:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4pnPaZtO3c

Yea Kobe definitely had his ups and downs early on. Not sure you're giving him enough credit though, especially to be comparing him to AR at the same stage in their career's. Kobe overall had a very polished game and mind coming out of highschool. Think you're forgetting that. IMO, AR still has neither. Allow me to explain..

The huge disparity between the two at similar stages in their respective career's is on offense. Kobe came in to the league w a savvy, confidence and J that you can't even put in the same stratosphere as AR. His game was just better in almost every way on the offensive end, but most importantly upstairs, where he was light years ahead in the IQ department. To me this is not even really debatable. The fact I have to explain this is annoying, but whatevs..

Frankly, I think its stupid to use him as a comparison to ARs situation because IMO, although he was raw as you say, really he was too good to keep off of the floor. Dude came into the league sh*ttin on everybody one on one just to prove a point, not because he was a mentally challenged jacker. You could literally see Kobe's potential looming behind him like a cargo ship.

If we had Kobe at the same age AR is, there's no doubt he'd be getting minutes from our coach. Kobe was raw, but not so much that he couldn't work it out IN games. If he didn't have it on a given night he'd sit, but he would at least get minutes incase he started to get off, which there was a good possibility of due to him being so dynamic. AR not so much.. He's work it out in practice type of raw player, as I've been saying all along..

Perhaps he ready now to graduate no though to on-court study.

Last edited:

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
Yea Kobe definitely had his ups and downs early on. Not sure you're giving him enough credit though, especially to be comparing him to AR at the same stage in their career's. Kobe overall had a very polished game and mind coming out of highschool. Think you're forgetting that. IMO, AR still has neither. Allow me to explain..

The huge disparity between the two at similar stages in their respective career's is on offense. Kobe came in to the league w a savvy, confidence and J that you can't even put in the same stratosphere as AR. His game was just better in almost every way on the offensive end, but most importantly upstairs, where he was light years ahead in the IQ department. To me this is not even really debatable. The fact I have to explain this is annoying, but whatevs..

Frankly, I think its stupid to use him as a comparison to ARs situation because IMO, although he was raw as you say, really he was too good to keep off of the floor. Dude came into the league sh*ttin on everybody one on one just to prove a point, not because he was a mentally challenged jacker. You could literally see Kobe's potential looming behind him like a cargo ship.

If we had Kobe at the same age AR is, there's no doubt he'd be getting minutes from our coach. Kobe was raw, but not so much that he couldn't work it out IN games. If he didn't have it on a given night he'd sit, but he would at least get minutes incase he started to get off, which there was a good possibility of due to him being so dynamic. AR not so much.. He's work it out in practice type of raw player, as I've been saying all along..

Perhaps he ready now to graduate no though to on-court study.

I think your definition of polished is way different than mine. From that draft class I would consider Ray Allen & Antoine Walker's game polished. Kobe had no jumber back than & was all flash; he was a highlight reel player back then. He was fearless but his game needed major work. What set him apart from AR IMO was his work ethic & his drive to get better. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.