Melo: Wants trade to Knicks (ESPN source)

Smooth

Benchwarmer
You named 4?
3 of them were all offered max contracts until they got there and realised they didn't have a team so they each agreed on 1.8 mil less a piece to allow Miami to sign a few extra players.... So if You agree to take $99.00 instead of a $100 you are making a great sacrifice? Plus LeBron got a house that was valued at 50 mil for an "undisclosed" amount? Hmmm, that is not a perk to sign either right?...

I don't care what articles you throw out, I remember ESPN radio doing interviews from all around the league and MOST teams wanted nothing to do with him and the Knicks wanted to trade an expiring contract for him but give up nothing. Also he swore he would take less money from the Knicks (If you remember he said he would sign for the mid level exception)... Remember Frank Isola on ESPN during the whole time saying that the Knicks never made a serious attempt to land him??

the fact is that you asked for an example and he gave it to you!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
the fact is that you asked for an example and he gave it to you!

Not an example of a player throwing away money for a team. I gave an example of Greg Maddux when he turned down the Yankees... He turned down a tremendous amount of money... You are giving an example of 3 guys that gave up 1.8 mil of contracts that:
1) Are in Florida where there is no state incom tax.
2) LeBron got a discount on a house that Riley used to own so doesn't that count? Isn't that money on the back end? How do I know that there wasn't an agreement that if he gave up 2 mil on his contract they would knock 2 mil off the house to make up for it??? It was stated he got money off the house so no, not an example!
I actually thought you were going to bring up Durant about a player that gave up money to stay or go where they wanted....

metrocard

Legend
You can't trade

Amare
Felton
Fields
Gallo
Turiaf

listen guys, I was wrong about Chandler. He has made huge improvements and I'm really proud of him and proud he's a Knick. He has a boxer's demeanor and he looks like Shawn Williams from the Wayan Bros, so he's cool to me.

But he's in his contract year and I don't know how much he wants. If theres a time to trade him, its really now where his value is peaked and we can get a great long term player for him. But I don't have a problem with keeping him. He's probably our best ALL AROUND player.

Heres the deal.

I'll throw out Chandler, Randolph, Curry, Mason, and Buike

Denver sends
Carmelo Anthony

New York sends
Wilson Chandler
Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Roger Mason

Next deal

Memphis sends
OJ Mayo
Grevis Vazquez

New York sends
Kelenna Azubuike
Toney Douglas
Andy Rautins

New York Knicks
PG - Felton/Vazquez
SG - Fields/Mayo
SF - Gallo/Williams
PF - Anthony/Turiaf
C - STAT/Mozgov

In bold is our 8 man rotation.

You can't trade

Amare
Felton
Fields
Gallo
Turiaf

listen guys, I was wrong about Chandler. He has made huge improvements and I'm really proud of him and proud he's a Knick. He has a boxer's demeanor and he looks like Shawn Williams from the Wayan Bros, so he's cool to me.

But he's in his contract year and I don't know how much he wants. If theres a time to trade him, its really now where his value is peaked and we can get a great long term player for him. But I don't have a problem with keeping him. He's probably our best ALL AROUND player.

Heres the deal.

Denver sends
Carmelo Anthony

New York sends
Wilson Chandler
Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Roger Mason

Next deal

Memphis sends
OJ Mayo
Grevis Vazquez

New York sends
Kelenna Azubuike
Toney Douglas
Andy Rautins

New York Knicks
PG - Felton/Vazquez
SG - Fields/Mayo
SF - Gallo/Williams
PF - Anthony/Turiaf
C - STAT/Mozgov

sounds good. But will mem take Rautins with connelly ballin?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
They took 2 million each less to allow Miami to sign a few more players... Really? This is your example of players taking a pay hit? If you brought up Greg Maddox who turned down 10's of millions from the Yankees .... Are you counting the house Riley gave LeBron?

Artest wanted to go to the Knicks but NY didn't want him. But you are wrong about many teams wanting him! Teams were afraid to sign him because of his antics and thought he was a cancer in the locker room! Do you just make facts up? LA took a chance on him because of Phil Jackson feeling he could deal with him. He is a talent but a head case.

You can spin away but the fact is, Lebron and Bosh took 5 year deals at less then max instead of 6 year max offers. That is close to 20 million difference when you factor in the less per year over 5 verse max over 6.

Oh and you don't care about a CBS article and QUOTES by Artest? Ok guy, that is what we call denial and willful ignorance. You remember? That trumps actual fact backed up by an article? No sir, I backed up my point even though it was common knowledge and you are spinning and making shit up while accusing me of the very thing you are doing...

Do you want more articles talking about Artest to Cleveland or Houston? Do you want more quotes were Artest is saying he wanted to go to LA and did not care about the money? What more do you need to admit you were wrong?It's okay to be wrong guy.

Last edited:

moneyg

Starter
You can't trade

Amare
Felton
Fields
Gallo
Turiaf

Heres the deal.

Denver sends
Carmelo Anthony

New York sends
Wilson Chandler
Anthony Randolph
Eddy Curry
Roger Mason

Next deal

Memphis sends
OJ Mayo
Grevis Vazquez

New York sends
Kelenna Azubuike
Toney Douglas
Andy Rautins

New York Knicks
PG - Felton/Vazquez
SG - Fields/Mayo
SF - Gallo/Williams
PF - Anthony/Turiaf
C - STAT/Mozgov

i would just swap chandler for gallo.. chandler is more versatile and can play and defend 3 positions.. gallo cant..

truth is you can play chandler with melo

but u cant play gallo with melo

giving up too much on the defensive end and athletism

we can resing chandler after july 1

galo will be a free agent the following year and he can come back to ny for the MLE

oh yeah and melo is not a 4

keeping gallo hurts our lineup flexablity

sorry ... just the facts

metrocard

Legend
i would just swap chandler for gallo.. chandler is more versatile and can play and defend 3 positions.. gallo cant..

truth is you can play chandler with melo

but u cant play gallo with melo

giving up too much on the defensive end and athletism

we can resing chandler after july 1

galo will be a free agent the following year and he can come back to ny for the MLE

oh yeah and melo is not a 4

keeping gallo hurts our lineup flexablity

sorry ... just the facts

This is subjective, so it isn't at all factual. You don't have to be sorry for anyone but yourself.

But I agree to disagree.

Carmelo can't shoot 3's efficiency, and we need a legit 3pt shooter on the court. Chandler is too streaky and Felton is okay. Gallo is one of the best in the league. In terms of ball movement and spread the floor and overall offense, keeping Gallo would be wise. He has the best +/- on the team, and he's MUCH better getting to the free through line than Wilson is.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Hometheaterguy,

On a side note I just bought an Onkyo 5.1 surround system and my original set of HDMI cables stopped working a day after setting up the system. I went out and bought expensive cables that are 3D ready (I have a 3D Samsung LED) and my girl called me to say that same issue is happening again today. When I turn on the receiver I can hear the sound from the cable for a few seconds and then it drops and I get a "check signal" message on my TV. I don't get an image. I thought upgrading to expensive cables would fix this but it seems to be happening again. I will know for sure when I get home since my girl is technologically challenged.

Can the receiver be defective and damaging the HDMI cables?

P.S. I have HDMI outputting from cable, XBOX and PS3 to receiver and receiver acting as hub outputting to TV. Before going out to buy new cables I bypassed receiver and connected both my cable box and PS3 directly to TV but the "check signal" message was constant so I know it was the original cables. If this is happening again I have to conclude something is actually damaging the cables. No?

moneyg

Starter
This is subjective, so it isn't at all factual. You don't have to be sorry for anyone but yourself.

But I agree to disagree.

Carmelo can't shoot 3's efficiency, and we need a legit 3pt shooter on the court. Chandler is too streaky and Felton is okay. Gallo is one of the best in the league. In terms of ball movement and spread the floor and overall offense, keeping Gallo would be wise. He has the best +/- on the team, and he's MUCH better getting to the free through line than Wilson is.

gallo is ok at best

chandler would light his a$$ up

no way can u play gallo and melo togehter.. aight
i symphathize for u..... gallo jr...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Hometheaterguy,

On a side note I just bought an Onkyo 5.1 surround system and my original set of HDMI cables stopped working a day after setting up the system. I went out and bought expensive cables that are 3D ready (I have a 3D Samsung LED) and my girl called me to say that same issue is happening again today. When I turn on the receiver I can hear the sound from the cable for a few seconds and then it drops and I get a "check signal" message on my TV. I don't get an image. I thought upgrading to expensive cables would fix this but it seems to be happening again. I will know for sure when I get home since my girl is technologically challenged.

Can the receiver be defective and damaging the HDMI cables?

P.S. I have HDMI outputting from cable, XBOX and PS3 to receiver and receiver acting as hub outputting to TV. Before going out to buy new cables I bypassed receiver and connected both my cable box and PS3 directly to TV but the "check signal" message was constant so I know it was the original cables. If this is happening again I have to conclude something is actually damaging the cables. No?

Let me look at this when I get home; at work right now so it is hard. I will have to get some spec from the onkyo. You are mentioning issues with image and 3D... Is your TV 3D ready or does it have the decoder built in? I would try disabling the 3D piece first; see if that clears up the issue. I would go directly to the TV, bypassing any 3rd party appliance as a proxy. Start with connectin it directly and disabling 3D.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Let me look at this when I get home; at work right now so it is hard. I will have to get some spec from the onkyo. You are mentioning issues with image and 3D... Is your TV 3D ready or does it have the decoder built in? I would try disabling the 3D piece first; see if that clears up the issue. I would go directly to the TV, bypassing any 3rd party appliance as a proxy. Start with connectin it directly and disabling 3D.

It has the decoder built in and can even up-convert 2d to 3d. It has nothing to do with 3d at this point and I only made mention because I went and splurged on expensive ass HDMI cables.

System: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3300-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BEDQR6

HDMI cables from Bestbuy:http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Forest+6-5/9'+In-Wall+HDMI+Cable+-+Black/Green/9510745.p?skuId=9510745&id=1218116817004

If you need any more info let me know. Thanks!

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
gallo is ok at best

chandler would light his a$$ up

no way can u play gallo and melo togehter.. aight
i symphathize for u..... gallo jr...

Different skill sets.. Gallo is a pure shooter whereas Chandler is slasher type player and a 'tweener... He is thriving right now at the 4 but he will be BURIED once we meet up with The Spurs or Dallas.... He couldn't stop Bargnani and he's half the player of Duncan or Dirk... Also, not sure how well he'll match up to Garnett or Bosh...

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
It has the decoder built in and can even up-convert 2d to 3d. It has nothing to do with 3d at this point and I only made mention because I went and splurged on expensive ass HDMI cables.

System: http://www.amazon.com/Onkyo-HT-S3300-5-1-Channel-Theater-Receiver/dp/B003BEDQR6

HDMI cables from Bestbuy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/AudioQuest+-+Forest+6-5/9'+In-Wall+HDMI+Cable+-+Black/Green/9510745.p?skuId=9510745&id=1218116817004

If you need any more info let me know. Thanks!

I would still turn it off and go directly from reciever to the TV. Also, are you plugging in everything to the TV or reciever? Are all your components HDMI? Is it passing HDMI sound as well? Some recievers do not support decoding sound from HDMI.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I would still turn it off and go directly from reciever to the TV. Also, are you plugging in everything to the TV or reciever? Are all your components HDMI? Is it passing HDMI sound as well? Some recievers do not support decoding sound from HDMI.

I have all my devices running into the receiver via HDMI and then the receiver outputting to TV via HDMI. The receiver states it supports 1080P, 3d and 1.4 HDMI compliance so I dont think it's the problem. I was just wondering if the receiver could somehow be overloading and damaging the cables.

moneyg

Starter
Different skill sets.. Gallo is a pure shooter whereas Chandler is slasher type player and a 'tweener... He is thriving right now at the 4 but he will be BURIED once we meet up with The Spurs or Dallas.... He couldn't stop Bargnani and he's half the player of Duncan or Dirk... Also, not sure how well he'll match up to Garnett or Bosh...

first of all chandler and gallo have the same 3pt %

chandler has a better all around FG%

chandler is the better rebounder

chandler blocks more shots/plays better defense

chandler averages more assist

chandler is more versatile

gallo is only slighty better at the free throw line

chandler mostly plays the 3.. he was only playin the 4 because turiaf was hurt

chandler is a 3 and he is the best 3 on the team

when melo get here he will be commin off the bench and he will acdept that

gallo wont

come on guys.. r we watching the same team

u cant be serious

iSaYughh

Starter
first of all chandler and gallo have the same 3pt % Gallo is better this year -- .377 to 371 even after a horrible season start; and monumentally superior over their careers -- .320 to .388

chandler has a better all around FG% True. .455 to .421 career; Gallo is also a league leader in 3s.

chandler is the better rebounder Yep.

chandler blocks more shots/plays better defense Ya. He also steals less, and doesn't draw fouls nearly as well. The type that have won us games in the clutch against DEN.

chandler averages more assist. Nope. 1.6 to 1.7. He is also has worse passing skills and quality of passes.

chandler is more versatile Subjective and depends what you're talking about. But I'll agree that right now he is, positionally at least; for whatever that's worth. But in actual skills, he isn't any more versatile, and Gallo's inherent superiority in height gives him an inherent advantage to develop his versatility and uniqueness to new heights.

gallo is only slighty better at the free throw line Gallo is a much better ft shooter: .786 to .860 career; .833 to .910 this season.

chandler mostly plays the 3.. he was only playin the 4 because turiaf was hurt

chandler is a 3 and he is the best 3 on the team

when melo get here he will be commin off the bench and he will acdept that

gallo wont Absurd and totally subjective. Gallo has only been humble as a player, recovered from injury, and already has the respect of vets (Harrington, eg), despite being a hotshot lotto pick Euro who modeled and playing on a dysfunctional franchise before this year

come on guys.. r we watching the same team

u cant be serious

Yes. And Gallo is a year younger with a year+ less playing experience in the NBA.

And the better +/- with far less turnovers.

No disrespect to Wilson, doesn't take anything away from what a sweet year he's having. This is just about giving Gallo his due.

moneyg

Starter
Yes. And Gallo is a year younger with a year+ less playing experience in the NBA.

And the better +/- with far less turnovers.

No disrespect to Wilson, doesn't take anything away from what a sweet year he's having. This is just about giving Gallo his due.

not dissing gallo he is good but.....

if we had melo.. who would u rather have gallo or chandler??? who would complement melo more??

vpell

Benchwarmer
Dude, it's state inclom tax that they do not have to pay... They HAVE to pay federal...
You don't understand taxes, or just didn't read the article. Nothing in there has to do with federal, or income tax. They still pay a ton of tax in the state, because they still have to live in a house, and buy groceries, and own cars, etc... Get real.