Official LeBron James Thread

Suss

Rookie
If the Knicks do plan on going after Lebron and Carmelo to play with Amare, it becomes a 2-year plan. We wouldn't be able to do any sign and trades with Lee, and we wouldn't be able to move Curry's contract. Donnie would have to keep the cap space available for 2011.

We would be a playoff team this year, and win it all the next year.

In their meeting Saturday, the Bulls told LeBron James that there would be no special privileges for his inner circle and management team if the superstar signs in Chicago.
Those close to James have enjoyed a greater level of access and other perks during his time in Cleveland.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...special_privileges_for_friends/#ixzz0spAtnPnl

Umm, Mav Carter and LeBron shouldnt be too happy with that.

That would be stupid on Chicago's behalf. Why throw that out there so early on? At least wait till you get a verbal agreement. Surely it doesn't get stipulated in LeBron's contract, perks for my crew.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Makes me sick. ESPN are a joke. They were all but laughing off our chances with LeBron. Now they are trying to save face and pretend they have their finger on the pulse. It's not as if it wasn't common knowledge that we had the cap potential to be a player on the free agent front in 2011.
I don't know about anyone else outside of Knick fans, but I have always felt that we had the next best chance after the Cavs to sign LeBron. ESPN have done nothing but prove how inept they are.
Mate, you can't have Booger as your avatar. It's distracting the shit out of me.

If the Knicks do plan on going after Lebron and Carmelo to play with Amare, it becomes a 2-year plan. We wouldn't be able to do any sign and trades with Lee, and we wouldn't be able to move Curry's contract. Donnie would have to keep the cap space available for 2011.

We would be a playoff team this year, and win it all the next year.

We move a few players and we could get Melo for this season, highly unlikely but possible. If it looks Knicks or bust for Melo in 2011, there is no way the Nuggets could move him to any other team. Who will give up players knowing that he is so adamant on signing with New York in 2011?

Interesting..

Jul 05, 2010 4:54 PM EST
Stoudemire_Amare_phx.jpg
An executive with another team in the race to sign LeBron James made it known that he would be okay playing with either Amar'e Stoudemire or Chris Bosh.
Strategically, the Knicks hope Dwyane Wade signs in Chicago which the team feels will help push James to New York.
The Knicks feel that James is giving the Nets extra attention simply out of courtesy to his good friend Jay-Z, who owns a minority share of the Nets.
Via Ian O'Connor <script type="text/javascript"> tweetmeme_source = 'realgmcom'; </script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://tweetmeme.com/i/scripts/button.js"></script>
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...report_lebron_okay_with_either_amare_or_bosh/

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He is. He said in an interview he grew up rooting for the Yankees, the Bulls, and the Cowboys. Bandwagoner if I've ever seen one.

quiggle

Starter
yeah his heart is not New Yorker material, even if he came here it's going to be about him his crew and nothing more than a mercenary. Madison Square Garden doesn't need your nail dropping you chew off on the floor for 41 games a season.

LeFlume

All Star
Any word on when, where or how this is gonna go down? Can't wait much longer. JUST DO IT LeBron. Sign with The Knicks..

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
"Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports writes that the Cavaliers are "confident" that Chris Bosh won't play for them next season -- but LeBron James will."

I dont see why Lebron would come back to Cle without Bosh.

I think this means Checkmate for CLE... NY as usual WINS!!!

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Waiting on LeBron

I find it hard to believe that LeBron has not yet made up his mind. It appears he will make an announcement tomorrow when his Nike Camp in Cleveland is completed.

If LeBron intends to stay in Cleveland, why would he wait to announce until the camp is over? Is he giving Cleveland a chance to get another free agent even though the Cavaliers do not appear to have any assets to accomplish a significant addition? Is he waiting for Bosh and Wade to make their decisions or for Bosh to get a sign and trade offer that would produce a six year max contract?

I think LeBron is too smart and too image conscious just to be a prima donna enjoying for as long as possible all the media attention. I think the delay in announcing may well suggest that he is leaving Cleveland. It would have been clumsy to announce a departure and then apear in Cleveland at his camp.

We still have a shot.