We're Better Without N8!

mafra

Legend
Mafra, how is he "wasted talent?" He's overachieving for a 5'8 guard. Everyone knows he's not this 'superstar' that's going to lead this team to the championship.

I've read most of the anti-nate posts, and for the most part they talk about this hatred of nate's swagger. He is who he is. Everyone is looking for him to be this perfect player, but we all know that will never happen. Stop putting so much blame on him like if he was a superstar, when clearly he is a sixth man.

Methinks you're confusing swagger with showboating!

Both Muggsy Bogues and Spudd Webb were smaller than N8.... and both were more well-rounded players. Simple as that.

Webb & Bogues had years where they averaged 6-8 assists per game. They played defense. They were consistent. They both were between 80-90% in free throw pct. N8 is is barely UNDER .800 (at .714 this season). Right there is key insight into N8's concentration & focus level.

Webb & Bogues just wanted it more. They wanted to WIN.

Nate Robinson (to me) is superior to those two players in almost every aspect, but he has half the game they had. N8 is actually committing more turnovers as his career progresses.

It's almost like N8 did nothing to improve his game this offseason (after showing flashes of brilliance last year- which only further my argument for how good he could be). He started this preseason shooting horribly from the field, and it continued when the season started (before he got hurt).

You would have thought he would have BUSTED HIS ASS this offeason to be a more complete player- to fight for the starting PG position, where he would have put up monster numbers as he headed into free agency.

Instead, what does this imbecile do? Not sure, but he couldn;t even beat out an awful Chris Duhon for the starting PG job.

N8 should be ten times the player he is. IF you, like him, or content with coming into games during blowouts and scoring some buckets when the other team has their 2nd string in.... If you will sacrifice your game for one thing- scoring.... If you'll live with all the negatives b/c once every 5 games he'll be hot and score 30.... So be it.

AND.... let's be clear.... SWAGGER is not pounding your chest when you score and your team is losing by 17 points (and the other team isn't even trying).... That aint swagger. That's just childish.

Come pinch me when Nate Robinson hits a buzzer beater to win a game. He aint got swagger then... He gets all choked up. Seems his hot streaks always die 1/8th short at the rim when the buzzer sounds.

mafra

Legend
well said. Not sure I agree with Dwight remark, N8 is way more immature!

btw, NOT using N8 vs Orlando was height of ignorance for No-D'Antoni, a spiteful benching tactic we've seen him use to end Starbury's career, but that's another 1001 Metro threads away.

What made the benching all the more conspicuous is that three days earlier Robinson scored 22 fourth-quarter points against the Magic at the Garden. Orlando had no answer for Robinson...until No-D'Antoni gave the Magic one." - NY Daily News

How do you bench a player who exploded for 22 points in 4th Q in previous game? Lame!
I blame 2nd Orlando loss on spiteful Mr. Pringles.

I agree with many anti-N8 remarks (tho some folks are way harsh with clown/monkey references) on KO site, and hope N8 gets serious-fied by benching, the strongest way Mr. P knows how to send message to N8 to stop f*cking around.

"We want to win," No-D'Antoni said after the Knicks fell to 4-15 after beating the Suns the previous night. "And if he's conducive to winning then he'll obviously be back in the lineup. If not he's not."

However, It's Mr. P's No-Defense after SSOL quick shots that destroyed Knicks from Day 1.

Thanks to AL HARRINGTON and WIL CHANDLER driving to the hoop, LARRY HUGHES becoming all-that-he-can-be ala Washington days, Gallo getting open and hitting key hoops, and Pu-hon NOT being league-worst MPG starting PG since 2nd half of last season, that have REALLY contributed to Knick wins, NOT N8 BEING ON BENCH!

However, I agree with No-D'Antoni when he said it's more about TONY DOUGLAS, rather than benching being about N8. I love Tony, no homo bro, the kid's got game.

If this spite-benching helps N8 finally "get it" and get it together, he'll become a MUCH better player, if not one of the best 6th men in the league, just what Knicks need to help F.A. Superstar 2010 take Knicks to next level! That is what I believe! C'mon N8! Get it together! C'mon Mr. Pringles! Make it happen! Play N8!

NO BRICKS!
GO KNICKS!
knicklogo_anibrick.gif

Go, Donnie Go Go GO!
walshatwork2.gif

Donnie Workin' It To 2010!!

What do you want D'ant to do?

After all the other junk, you have a player who takes a shot at his own baskett when the buzzer sounds (so close refs actually review the shot to see if your oppenent gets those points); you have a player who levels a cheap shot on another player for a flagarent fould (away from the ball); then you have a player joking around after half, during warmups, where he's taking left-handed joke shots; and finally, right before that said game against ORL, he's laughing it up with the other team (Instead of getting ready to play).

It's not why did he bench him then, it's why he didn't earlier.

If N8 wont take his job seriously, then why should other people take it seriously for him?

bfab99

Benchwarmer
well said. Not sure I agree with Dwight remark, N8 is way more immature!

btw, NOT using N8 vs Orlando was height of ignorance for No-D'Antoni, a spiteful benching tactic we've seen him use to end Starbury's career, but that's another 1001 Metro threads away.

What made the benching all the more conspicuous is that three days earlier Robinson scored 22 fourth-quarter points against the Magic at the Garden. Orlando had no answer for Robinson...until No-D'Antoni gave the Magic one." - NY Daily News

How do you bench a player who exploded for 22 points in 4th Q in previous game? Lame!
I blame 2nd Orlando loss on spiteful Mr. Pringles.

I agree with many anti-N8 remarks (tho some folks are way harsh with clown/monkey references) on KO site, and hope N8 gets serious-fied by benching, the strongest way Mr. P knows how to send message to N8 to stop f*cking around.

"We want to win," No-D'Antoni said after the Knicks fell to 4-15 after beating the Suns the previous night. "And if he's conducive to winning then he'll obviously be back in the lineup. If not he's not."

However, It's Mr. P's No-Defense after SSOL quick shots that destroyed Knicks from Day 1.

Thanks to AL HARRINGTON and WIL CHANDLER driving to the hoop, LARRY HUGHES becoming all-that-he-can-be ala Washington days, Gallo getting open and hitting key hoops, and Pu-hon NOT being league-worst MPG starting PG since 2nd half of last season, that have REALLY contributed to Knick wins, NOT N8 BEING ON BENCH!

However, I agree with No-D'Antoni when he said it's more about TONY DOUGLAS, rather than benching being about N8. I love Tony, no homo bro, the kid's got game.

If this spite-benching helps N8 finally "get it" and get it together, he'll become a MUCH better player, if not one of the best 6th men in the league, just what Knicks need to help F.A. Superstar 2010 take Knicks to next level! That is what I believe! C'mon N8! Get it together! C'mon Mr. Pringles! Make it happen! Play N8!

NO BRICKS!
GO KNICKS!
knicklogo_anibrick.gif

Go, Donnie Go Go GO!
walshatwork2.gif

Donnie Workin' It To 2010!!

bfab99

Benchwarmer
I think Dwight is more immature than Nate to be honest. Hav u seen the pic of him getting punched by Nate? LMAO.

BlackH20

Benchwarmer
Nate will be better

I can't hate on N8 but... as a team we are better without him. I've said it for a while now- it's hard to explain but although he brings energy and scoring off the bench, we achieve more without him. Add Lee to that assesment also. I'm not going to [continually] bash them for what they don't do b/c obviously they're talented but both are equally limited. My point is "I believe a team becomes dependent on certain players- and if those players are core players with difficiencies then the team becomes married to those difficiencies and never gets a chance to see the light". In N8's/Lee's case we keep trying to "work around" their short comings hoping: N8 would mature, or lead, or pass effectively etc... -or- Lee would grow a pair, or learn to jump or add a solid jumper and all the while we ACTUALLY become dependent on the small list of things they do well like: rebounding and scoring. In short I hope we realize this sooner than later. Good players don't nec.' make good team-mates. I won't blame N8 & Lee for ANYTHING but... They had more than enough chances to prove (which they did) that they're limited period. I didn't agree w/ resigning them b/c it was pointless for many reasons (except trading them). Can anyone tell me why a team can get better by eliminating some of their "good" players?

You have to understand, Lee is 6 foot 7, and he is playing the center. Put him against most forwards, you have a gem.
You have to keep Lee, if your building, you can't let a talent like that go.
Read all the stats right and left, then give that body about three more years to fill out and your going to have a monster power forward.

Now back to the post, I think Nate, if not expensive has to stay also.
Nate sells a lot of tickets, remember. If D'Antonio will get the hollywood out of him and I think that is over, he will be back in a week. Thumping your chest when you make a three pointer and twenty down is silly and poor team work (your team is loosing idiot). I would love to see him and Hughes play 35 minutes. Hey, if Earl Boykin can still do it, so can Nate. Also talking about the all star game with Orlando and Dwight Howard before the game instead of taking shots, don't cut it. That through the coaching staff and D'Antonio off the charts. He may just make him a better player.

But then again, DA has given Duhon a 1/4 of the season and still plays him the most minutes on the court than any other player. Harrington is out of shape and should be able to play more minutes at his highest level. Douglas is not ready but is working hard as he can be. Hill, in my opinion and other sources, is a bust. Not to active taking extra work before and after practice, which is almost mandatory for any player in the league these days.

Gallo is the one I would use for trade bait. A three point shooter is not that valuable. Do you see his vertical leap (Hughes shoots higher than Gallo and can steal, play D and give you eyes just surprises on his passes. Gallo has the 3 pt stats, but big men and back surgeries scare me. His inside game is poor, so you have 6 foot 7 Lee there. Gallo can't rebound, is poor on defense and turnovers. He is young, but when the stock is hot, sometimes you have to pull the trigger (I doubt this will ever happen with the Dad, and D'Antonio buddy system). Any good team shuts him down easy.

Anyway, again, nice board, we are all just fans.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You have to understand, Lee is 6 foot 7, and he is playing the center. Put him against most forwards, you have a gem.
You have to keep Lee, if your building, you can't let a talent like that go.
Read all the stats right and left, then give that body about three more years to fill out and your going to have a monster power forward.

Now back to the post, I think Nate, if not expensive has to stay also.
Nate sells a lot of tickets, remember. If D'Antonio will get the hollywood out of him and I think that is over, he will be back in a week. Thumping your chest when you make a three pointer and twenty down is silly and poor team work (your team is loosing idiot). I would love to see him and Hughes play 35 minutes. Hey, if Earl Boykin can still do it, so can Nate. Also talking about the all star game with Orlando and Dwight Howard before the game instead of taking shots, don't cut it. That through the coaching staff and D'Antonio off the charts. He may just make him a better player.

But then again, DA has given Duhon a 1/4 of the season and still plays him the most minutes on the court than any other player. Harrington is out of shape and should be able to play more minutes at his highest level. Douglas is not ready but is working hard as he can be. Hill, in my opinion and other sources, is a bust. Not to active taking extra work before and after practice, which is almost mandatory for any player in the league these days.

Gallo is the one I would use for trade bait. A three point shooter is not that valuable. Do you see his vertical leap (Hughes shoots higher than Gallo and can steal, play D and give you eyes just surprises on his passes. Gallo has the 3 pt stats, but big men and back surgeries scare me. His inside game is poor, so you have 6 foot 7 Lee there. Gallo can't rebound, is poor on defense and turnovers. He is young, but when the stock is hot, sometimes you have to pull the trigger (I doubt this will ever happen with the Dad, and D'Antonio buddy system). Any good team shuts him down easy.

Anyway, again, nice board, we are all just fans.

trade gallo??? nonononono,well he is my fav player lol, but hes also our franchise, his progress will help determine whether those potential superstar free agents want to come to NY. i mean unless we get a superstar in return, id be highly highly against it.

Red

TYPE-A
Bye N8.

"Sources said Robinson is more than upset with how things are playing out with Knicks' coach Mike D'Antoni and would welcome a move to the right situation. Whether that's Chicago or not remains to be seen. Robinson's first desire is to stay in New York, as he views the Knicks as his dream situation, however his falling out with D'Antoni and the Knicks' desire to add pieces to a squad starting to put some things together is real, making reconciliation unlikely. It remains to be seen how aggressively the Knicks will get after a trade, but it is clear the Knicks are talking and listening and if the right situation falls their way they are ready to move." - hoopsworld

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The right situation as far as I'm concerned would be Curry and Hughes for T Mac. Or Jefferies for Mike James as a consolation.

I'm getting pumped for the December 15 (or is it the 25th?) Lee/N8 trade opening. Potential galore.

Also....seeing this is a N8 thread....

I've gotta say that he's been a good bench presence throughout his banishment. He's cheering the boys on like a team mate. Whether or not that's for his own PR I don't know? But it's good to see.

At least he's not flying away from the team and crying like a whore as Princess Mebury did.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Also....seeing this is a N8 thread....

I've gotta say that he's been a good bench presence throughout his banishment. He's cheering the boys on like a team mate. Whether or not that's for his own PR I don't know? But it's good to see.

At least he's not flying away from the team and crying like a whore as Princess Mebury did.

Good point...here come the Marbury lovers...I can see it now, "Marbury don't gotta stand for dat shit, he is a God and everyone is just hating on his style..." Some stupid garbage like that.

As much as I don't like Nate as a player, I have to commend him for not whining like a bitch because he isn't getting minutes...

KBlack25

Starter
I think Dwight is more immature than Nate to be honest. Hav u seen the pic of him getting punched by Nate? LMAO.

Like I said, immaturity is one thing. Being an immature loser is another.

Fact is Dwight Howard has more BASKETBALL talent in his pinky than Nate has in his entire body. Dwight Howard, by dominating basketball games consistently, has earned himself the right to be immature, the right to be joking around. Dude has been to the NBA FINALS.

The only finals Nate has been to is the dunk contest finals. If we were winning games and Nate was carrying the team his immaturity wouldn't be an issue. This team is under .500 and this guy walks out smiling like he's about to get his birthday cake.

When you win, you can joke around, you can laugh. When you lose, you have to put that shit away and get down to winning games.

Kiyaman

Legend
Like I said, immaturity is one thing. Being an immature loser is another.

Fact is Dwight Howard has more BASKETBALL talent in his pinky than Nate has in his entire body. Dwight Howard, by dominating basketball games consistently, has earned himself the right to be immature, the right to be joking around. Dude has been to the NBA FINALS.

The only finals Nate has been to is the dunk contest finals. If we were winning games and Nate was carrying the team his immaturity wouldn't be an issue. This team is under .500 and this guy walks out smiling like he's about to get his birthday cake.

When you win, you can joke around, you can laugh. When you lose, you have to put that shit away and get down to winning games.

Nate was voted 3rd for the 6th-man of the year......at what position? SG

Nate was suppose to be the Knicks starting SG this season.....not Chandler, not Gallo, not Hughes, and definately not rookie Douglas.

Why? was Nate supposed to start at SG, b/c he is a combo-guard, and having backups in Hughes & Douglas off the bench this season would have made the Knicks the strongest guard-rotation in the East (Douglas was a great BIG steal out of the draft).

Your hate for Nate is shared by coach Dantoni, so u must hate alot of other players on this roster just like him. Or have u forgotten when Dantoni was the headcoach of Denver...

TunerAddict

Starter
Why are we commending Nate for not bitching?

He is doing what he is SUPPOSED to do.

Are we going to start celebrating every time a player doesn't go out and get drunk before a game now too?

Kiyaman

Legend
This team is under .500 and this guy walks out smiling like he's about to get his birthday cake.

So Nate is the cause of this team being under .500.
Nate missed 6 games to a sprain injury inwhich this team went 1-5 in those 6 games. u need to average how low is 1-5 on your calculator.

This is a new day in NBA B-Ball where players dont sulk over a bad streak of losses in the regular season (crying over spilt milk). Especially when it is something u have no controll over (Dantoni's lineup & substitution).
The playoffs is something different.....when the Knicks were in the playoff race and Dantoni made all those stupid substitution and Nate Robinson yelled at him two games in a row.....u forgot that...

Darko, Hill, and Nate could laugh out loud and do a JIG dance on the court after a Knick loss....Dantoni has not made them apart of this Knick team since the season started.

ANU

Starter
boys give it a rest.come on.the team is playing well, and nate, ironically is behaving like a professional.

KBlack25

Starter
So Nate is the cause of this team being under .500.
Nate missed 6 games to a sprain injury inwhich this team went 1-5 in those 6 games. u need to average how low is 1-5 on your calculator.

This is a new day in NBA B-Ball where players dont sulk over a bad streak of losses in the regular season (crying over spilt milk). Especially when it is something u have no controll over (Dantoni's lineup & substitution).
The playoffs is something different.....when the Knicks were in the playoff race and Dantoni made all those stupid substitution and Nate Robinson yelled at him two games in a row.....u forgot that...

Darko, Hill, and Nate could laugh out loud and do a JIG dance on the court after a Knick loss....Dantoni has not made them apart of this Knick team since the season started.

Never said Nate was the cause of them being under .500.

I don't like seeing guys joke around when the team is losing...

Fact is: maybe if Nate wasn't joking around, maybe if Nate wasn't totally immature, maybe if Nate acted like they've won a basketball game before, D'Antoni would put him in the game.

Nate not being in the rotation is something that you claim he has no control over, I call bullshit...fact is NATE WAS IN THE ROTATION AT ONE POINT THIS YEAR! HE'S DONE SOMETHING, AT PRACTICE, ON THE BENCH, SOMETHING TO NOT BE GOOD ENOUGH TO KEEP HIS SPOT...Nate not getting minutes is his own damn fault, and if he acted more mature in the locker room, maybe he would get his minutes. Maybe if he worked on the holes in his game (the fact that he's a 5'9 guy who can't pass or ball handle), and spent less time worrying about what his celebration would be after someone else hits a big shot, he'd earn his way in...

You can cite 1-5 when Nate had a sprain, fine. But what about the games where we've beaten the Hawks and the Suns (record-wise the two best teams in the league), and Nate did not contribute significantly? You have to consider not just the games where Nate was injured, but how well this team has played WITHOUT Nate in the lineup...

HardFoul

Banned
It's mere coincidence that Nate is benched and the Knicks have won a few games. I hope he stays benched, so you can see the long losing streak the Knicks go on. And if he's such a curse, why did D'amn'phony go on a seven game losing streak to start the season, when Nate was injured?

MY POINT :smokin:> Nate being out of the team does not mean the Knicks automatically win. If it was the case... the Knicks would have won at least 4 of those seven they lost without him to go above .500.

Your thinking is flawed, as a result. You are all down syndromed, idots unsavants.

Ci Vediamo, Dantoni-sessuali e Gallinari-sessuali.

tylerdurdin

Rookie
I personally hate Nate with a passion, but do agree that he is not the reason for the the Knicks winning or losing. The reason he's on the bench is because he went on a scoring spree and Dtoni passed it off as antics and not playing like a team. One similarity that N/8 and Starks have in common is that when their hot their hot, but when their not they would through it up anyway instead of dishing it to an open man or even someone that is shooting well. I believe it called being a ballhog. Nate absolutly sucks way to much to be a ball hog, and I have had my fill of hot and not. Give me Lebron James even when he sucks he's awsome.

KBlack25

Starter
Knicks record in Games in which Nate Robinson has played more than 12 minutes:

0-9

Knicks record in games in which Nate Robinson has been injured or played 12 minutes or less (includes DNP):

7-6

End of Discussion.

Last edited: