The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

mafra

Legend
Yeah I figured he has no choice but in all honesty their fans would definetly quit on that franchise if they did that. Like in all honesty Roddy B and Dominique Jones are not better than Gallo and Wilson Chandler plus they'd get a 1st. They'd be idiots to get raped by Dallas just to make sure they make Melo wait till summer lol.

Chandler means nothing to DEN, if you look at it. He just fired his agent. He is a free agent this Summer. DEN will not be spending 30 million to retain Wilson. So he's walking.

Curry gives them cap relief.

Felton gives them a PG for next season, but odds are he wont be in DEN after that.

We're giving them a first rounder (in the teens) and then a young player.

You can argue that Roddy B and D-Jones is better than Fields-Mozgov. It only matters what DEN thinks.

As for DAL, renting Melo might be a gamble. But if it gets them to the FINALS, and then they win a title... It wont hurt that much. AND, Cuban would have 4 months to recruit and woo, and convince Carmelo to stay (and of course get his payday).

This is why Knicks are wise to overpay if they want to ensure they get Carmelo. If you're giving Feilds... then just toss in Mozgov anyway. Why not?

la2ny

Starter
Chandler means nothing to DEN, if you look at it. He just fired his agent. He is a free agent this Summer. DEN will not be spending 30 million to retain Wilson. So he's walking.

Curry gives them cap relief.

Felton gives them a PG for next season, but odds are he wont be in DEN after that.

We're giving them a first rounder (in the teens) and then a young player.

You can argue that Roddy B and D-Jones is better than Fields-Mozgov. It only matters what DEN thinks.

As for DAL, renting Melo might be a gamble. But if it gets them to the FINALS, and then they win a title... It wont hurt that much. AND, Cuban would have 4 months to recruit and woo, and convince Carmelo to stay (and of course get his payday).

This is why Knicks are wise to overpay if they want to ensure they get Carmelo. If you're giving Feilds... then just toss in Mozgov anyway. Why not?
Yeah I hear you. I just figured for what it is at surface value, which is how most people look at these deals, ours obviously holds the most talent and production right now rather than down the road. I do think if he went to Dallas he'd consider signing(Like what if Mark Cuban got a deal w/ JJ to play in Cowboys Stadium for a game against Miami next year. That could be enticing, I'd go for it lol).

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
I can't take this crap anymore

new isola tweets:

Now we will finally see just how good Prokhorov and Jay-Z can be. This is their moment to sell Carmelo on Brooklyn.
32 minutes ago via web

Breaking: Nets are meeting with Carmelo tonight, sources tell Daily News. Could be a way to force the Knicks hand
36 minutes ago via web

I can't take this crap anymore

new isola tweets:

Now we will finally see just how good Prokhorov and Jay-Z can be. This is their moment to sell Carmelo on Brooklyn.
32 minutes ago via web

Breaking: Nets are meeting with Carmelo tonight, sources tell Daily News. Could be a way to force the Knicks hand
36 minutes ago via web

This is scary...

Why do we even bother reading these reports. Every 5 minutes the reports contradict each other and everything changes by the minutes. We're better off not even following this crap until the deadline. I know I'm tired of it.

Ok then do it. Ignore the Knicks till Thursday.

I dare you.

mafra

Legend
This is scary...

Not to fret. Carmelo will only go to NJ if the Knicks pass. AND, according to some, not even then. He prefers to stay in DEN over going to NJ.

Carmelo not a fan of Avery Johnosn. Carmelo doesn't want to go to Newark and struggle to reach the playoffs, and then watch MIA go to Finals every year.

This is just stuff being leaked to get Dolan to trade the whole team.

AND, even if he does meet with Proko and Jay Z... How are they going to surround Melo with talent in the next 2 years?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Any team that decides to rent Melo for half a season is inane. I'd be embarrassed to be fan of such an org. Hence, I feel its yet another smoke screen from Denver's FO. Facking hacks r pulling out all of the stops here boys..

Been trying to detach from this whole thing. I think I did a decent job today lol.

As long as we can keep either Gallo or Fields i'll tolerate this BS trade. :2cents:

la2ny

Starter
Any team that decides to rent Melo for half a season is inane. I'd be embarrassed to be fan of such an org. Hence, I feel its yet another smoke screen from Denver's FO. Facking hacks r pulling out all of the stops here boys..

Been trying to detach from this whole thing. I think I did a decent job today lol.

As long as we can keep either Gallo or Fields i'll tolerate this BS trade. :2cents:
lol. I cant leave it alone I love bball 2 much lol.

mafra

Legend

Tha'ts just not accurate. After all, if a team does rent him they do so expecting to resign him anyway. Mark Cuban is beloved by most players, known as a player's owner. Chandler-Dirk-Melo would be a fantastic front court.

Texas doesn't have a state tax.

They might call Carmelo's bluff, and if he's traded finally agree to that extension come April or something.

AND, for a guy like Cuban... winning a title would be worth it. Especially since the Lakers are showing signs that they might not have it this year.

DAL has a shot to win it this year. If they "rent" Carmelo... they have an even better shot at the title.

la2ny

Starter
Denver knows that w/ Dolan's involvement--isiah in shadows--has undermined Donnie Walsh and Nuggets can keep pushing for more out of New York.----WojYahooNBA

So anyone still blaming Donnie or Melo right now??

plz continue your Dolan hate :thumbsup:.....:cool:

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
I rather lose Galo then lose both Fields and Moscov, but whatever, I guess as long as we don't lose both Galo and Fields. Now my question is if we end up keeping Galo, will we switch him to SG so he can start or will he come off the bench for Melo?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Tha'ts just not accurate. After all, if a team does rent him they do so expecting to resign him anyway. Mark Cuban is beloved by most players, known as a player's owner. Chandler-Dirk-Melo would be a fantastic front court.

Texas doesn't have a state tax.

They might call Carmelo's bluff, and if he's traded finally agree to that extension come April or something.

AND, for a guy like Cuban... winning a title would be worth it. Especially since the Lakers are showing signs that they might not have it this year.

DAL has a shot to win it this year. If they "rent" Carmelo... they have an even better shot at the title.

Well its accurate to me.. as it's my opinion.

I prolly should have prefaced my remarks w - IMO.

There, that better smh?

Do you realize he doesnt want to go to Dallas??

I just think its stupid to get him for half season when he'll disrupt a teams chemistry for a while as already situated playerz adjust to him. Plus, you know he doesn't want to be there so he's disgruntled during said adjustment. Then in all likelihood he won't be convinced to stay anyway.

It's just dumb to rent him, IMO lol.

mafra

Legend
I rather lose Galo then lose both Fields and Moscov, but whatever, I guess as long as we don't lose both Galo and Fields. Now my question is if we end up keeping Galo, will we switch him to SG so he can start or will he come off the bench for Melo?

I believe the thinking goes like this:

1) Gallo has the higher ceiling. Has potential to be a star (#2 option) player.
2) Gallo is also closer to be ready to help Melo-Amar'e.

Fields is a very good player. Mozgov might blossom into a starting center. Both would be ideal to surround Melo-Amar'e... if they could hold down the SG/C spots. But they are HUGE question marks right now. Gallo is ready to be that 3rd option maybe as early as this year in the playoffs.

With Williams, Azu and Walker... Knicks have options at SG. If they keep THE MOZ, they still need to find a C for next year.

If you roll the dice, then you keep GALLO.

For example, you might convince Jamal Crawford to return next year. You might find money to sign a Big Baby or K-Perkins.

Melo-Gallo-Amar'e will be the foundation for the title run. You fill in the parts around them. Starting with Shawne Williams, Turiaf, Walker.

To me, you have to keep either Fields or Gallo. You are going to lose one of them. I think throwing in MOZ or not throwing him in... is what's keeping this thing from happening right now.

I wonder if we hold out and end up losing Walker instead of MOZ, or if Dolan just caves?

mafra

Legend
Well its accurate to me.. as it's my opinion.

I prolly should have prefaced my remarks w - IMO.

There, that better smh?

Do you realize he doesnt want to go to Dallas??

I just think its stupid to get him for half season when he'll disrupt a teams chemistry for a while as already situated playerz adjust to him. Plus, you know he doesn't want to be there so he's disgruntled during said adjustment. Then in all likelihood he won't be convinced to stay anyway.

It's just dumb to rent him, IMO lol.

I get it. I would think it's foolish as well. But Cuban is a gambler. A wild card here. I think Carmelo would go to DAL and act like a good citizen. He'll be motivated to win. DIRK-KIDD-MARION are vets and would keep him in check in the locker room. Trying to stop Dirk and Melo would be tough. Stevenson and Chandler would defend. Terry 6th man off the bench. Hayward brings his body and 6 fouls. Kidd runs the show, and has a solid backup.

To me, giving up on RB & DJ would be worth it if I won a title. It's all just specualtion, but every hour this thing goes beyond MOnday... makes it more likely that he doesn't become a NYK.