The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

STAT1

Starter
Alan Hahn just confermed this tweeting.....

" Second source today reiterated Carmelo will NOT sign an extension with the Nets. Melo won't go there publicly to avoid disrespecting Nets."

less than a minute ago

If this is true then the Nuggets will either take NY's last offer or they'll ride this out til the summer & lose Melo for nothing. Expecting news of a deal to break tonight.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
If this is true then the Nuggets will either take NY's last offer or they'll ride this out til the summer & lose Melo for nothing. Expecting news of a deal to break tonight.

i dont see denvers urgency in getting a deal done before the 24th

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"Sources indicate Knicks having cautious optimism, but even with traction, this thing could still endure until Thursday's trade deadline."

im pretty sure this will happen

STAT1

Starter
i dont see denvers urgency in getting a deal done before the 24th

I guess they could draw it out til the 11th hour if they wanted to but the Nuggets have exhausted all their options other than convincing Melo to sign the original extension to stay in Denver they have no other cards left to play.

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
I guess they could draw it out til the 11th hour if they wanted to but the Nuggets have exhausted all their options other than convincing Melo to sign the original extension to stay in Denver they have no other cards left to play.

And on top of that, one the Melo trade is consummated other deals involving Denver (although it would seem unlikely any other team wants to deal with them in regards to anything after this fiasco) will get done, or be attempted. They want to have him moved first so they can focus on their other moving parts.

STAT1

Starter
And on top of that, one the Melo trade is consummated other deals involving Denver (although it would seem unlikely any other team wants to deal with them in regards to anything after this fiasco) will get done, or be attempted. They want to have him moved first so they can focus on their other moving parts.

Good point, nothing else major gets done without this whole Melo-drama to reach its conclusion. The Nuggets aren't only focused on this 1 trade, they have other moves they'd like to make with other teams in the works too but none of that can get done until they get this matter settled. Reaching a conclusion is in the best interest of all parties involved.

la2ny

Starter
Haha smh lol. Told you guys Denver had no choice other than us. With nj completely not in it that means they have no reason to drag this out to Thursday and I believe Melo leaves la and heads str8 to NYC

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Haha smh lol. Told you guys Denver had no choice other than us. With nj completely not in it that means they have no reason to drag this out to Thursday and I believe Melo leaves la and heads str8 to NYC

we better decrease our offer then if we know nobody else remains as candidates to get melo..

nyk1986

Benchwarmer
we better decrease our offer then if we know nobody else remains as candidates to get melo..

100% agreed, at the very least take out Ray and Billups. I'll sign off on that right away and we can find a backup big and PG for the home stretch run this year and grow into the team we all want over the next few seasons. I know Ray has to go and I'm ok with that but right at this point I'd prefer if we keep him for lack of anyone else that can efficiently run the offense with young legs.

la2ny

Starter

Well I still think our offer is where it was yesterday Gallo,Chandler,Curry,1st round pick(Randolph).
Also maybe Felton for billups if we were to try an make noise in the playoffs this year, which idont think anyones to concerns w/ this year.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
You're forgetting how amateurish this FO is. 1st year GM and Kroenke's claim to fame is his father is the owner, he has got a total of 2 years experience in an NBA front office job.

The smart thing to do would be to wrap this up by Sunday and then move on to other personnel issues but they will probably try to solicit other offers until the last minute hoping they can get a better deal for Melo.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
"Amar'e on teaming up with Carmelo, sharing Broadway marquee: "There's a lot of room in New York for another King"

Hayato

Benchwarmer
You're forgetting how amateurish this FO is. 1st year GM and Kroenke's claim to fame is his father is the owner, he has got a total of 2 years experience in an NBA front office job.

The smart thing to do would be to wrap this up by Sunday and then move on to other personnel issues but they will probably try to solicit other offers until the last minute hoping they can get a better deal for Melo.

who would they get to trade away good assets for melo only as a rental?

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
If there's a standstill, then the knicks should take out gallo from that offer...and show him he isn't going any higher. Then The nuggets would beg to take any offer thats coming to them...

tiger0330

Legend
[/B]
who would they get to trade away good assets for melo only as a rental?
Houston is supposedly willing to sign Melo as a rental for Yao's expiring, TWill or Jordan Hill and a lottery protected first. If they can't convince him Houston is for him they will SnT him after the season.

STAT1

Starter
I doubt any pieces will be pulled back by the Knicks, I don't think Donnie Walsh does negotiations like that he's well respected not an amateur who doesn't know what he's doing like Ujiri.