The Official "MeloDrama" Thread Feb 18th - Feb 24th

Dario8676

Benchwarmer
Houston is supposedly willing to sign Melo as a rental for Yao's expiring, TWill or Jordan Hill and a lottery protected first. If they can't convince him Houston is for him they will SnT him after the season.

The Knicks and Nets are offering a lot more than what Houston is offering, so unless Denver wants to be super spiteful to Melo and NY and take Houston's crappy deal, I doubt that would happen.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Houston is supposedly willing to sign Melo as a rental for Yao's expiring, TWill or Jordan Hill and a lottery protected first. If they can't convince him Houston is for him they will SnT him after the season.

i thought houston dropped out of the race a long time ago

Hayato

Benchwarmer
The Knicks and Nets are offering a lot more than what Houston is offering, so unless Denver wants to be super spiteful to Melo and NY and take Houston's crappy deal, I doubt that would happen.

so spiteful that they would take houstons crappy deal and then have melo sign here in the offseason

mafra

Legend
Walsh-Dantoni prefer to keep Gallo out of trade; and DEN actually covets Fields/Mozgov over Gallinari.

If the Knicks get Carmelo and Billups for Felton, Chandler, Fields, Mogov and Curry then I may jump for joy.

Billups
Gallo
Melo
Amare

With Turiaf, Williams, Walker, Douglas and whatever spare pieces we get back!

AND... let's not forget... Keleena Azuibuike is getting close. Knicks can start Azu, or Turiaf... Away we go!

Walsh-Dantoni prefer to keep Gallo out of trade; and DEN actually covets Fields/Mozgov over Gallinari.

If the Knicks get Carmelo and Billups for Felton, Chandler, Fields, Mogov and Curry then I may jump for joy.

Billups
Gallo
Melo
Amare

With Turiaf, Williams, Walker, Douglas and whatever spare pieces we get back!

AND... let's not forget... Keleena Azuibuike is getting close. Knicks can start Azu, or Turiaf... Away we go!
We should keep Fields theres a reason Denver wants him instead of Gallo.And can't we keep both since we're the only team that can get Melo

mafra

Legend
We should keep Fields theres a reason Denver wants him instead of Gallo.And can't we keep both since we're the only team that can get Melo

I like Fields as well. But he's not a "dealbreaker" if you ask me. As long as NYK keep either Fields or Gallo, I'm happy. I wouldn't trade both.

Look, if the other team has to worry about Melo or Stoudemire, then the role players will improve. We have Walker (who is young enough where he could blossom), along with Keleena Azuibuike who is getting healthier, and then there's Shawne Williams who could thrive in the SG role... And finally the Knicks still have a halfway decent 1st round pick this year... in the teens... and they BETTER find another Fields like player.

Sure, part of me wishes this goes all the way to free agency. We either get Carmelo for nothing (but cash), or swing a deal for Deron Williams. But it is what it is.

Who knows what Carmelo does if he gets to free agency. Who knows what Utah will want, or who else may get involved, for DW; or even CP3.

Getting Carmelo-Amar'e while you can do it is certainly enticing. Tough call. But it's not up to me you or even Walsh. Appears Dolan is pushing ahead regardless.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Fields and The Gov. My 2 favourite Knicks.

**** you Melo.

la2ny

Starter
Crazy⑧s;158701 said:

**** you Melo.
Didn't it say walsh-D'antoni would rather keep Gallo. And didn't Denver get asked whether they wanted Gallo or Fields?? Idk about you bout that seems like conflicting reports.

mafra

Legend
Crazy⑧s;158701 said:

**** you Melo.

I hear 'ya. Life would be so much easier if we just wait until the season is over. Maybe even Walsh was/is prepared to gamble here. After all, the Knicks could always turn their attention to Deron or Paul.

But, as always is the case, this is all on James Dolan. The spoiled kid who must have his way. He's the one putting all the cards on the table, showing his hand, and paying more instead of less.

The Lakers wouldn't give up Bynum, and the Bulls wont part with Noah. Had those 2 teams signed off on a deal with DEN then Carmelo would be in LA or CHI.

All Anthony is doing is telling DEN he wont sign with them. At least he did them a solid, unlike Bosh-Lebron who simply fled their clubs.

I would find it hard to skip out on 20-40 million dollars. Not everyone is Cliff Lee.

mafra

Legend
They said Denver wants it done by tomorrow. Also Melo wants it done by tomorrow and other teams around the league.

I think if deal isn't done by tomorrow (and we wont hear until midday on MOnday) then it's a bad sign for NYK. That tells me DEN will play chicken with Carmelo and hold out for the NJ deal. Then either keep him, or rent him out somewhere.

STAT1

Starter
I like Fields as well. But he's not a "dealbreaker" if you ask me. As long as NYK keep either Fields or Gallo, I'm happy. I wouldn't trade both.

I'm with you. If we can keep either one of those 2 guys I'm fine with this trade.

mafra

Legend
He stated he isn't up for a rental so im pretty sure Denver will just keep him

That may be so. But Carmelo has no choice. If a team trades for him, he has to report. Say Dallas decides it wants him and trades Roddy B and D-Jones, along with draft picks and BH. Melo has no options.

DEn might do it b/c it doesn't want to give Melo what he wants. Maybe they don't even like our assets.

la2ny

Starter
That may be so. But Carmelo has no choice. If a team trades for him, he has to report. Say Dallas decides it wants him and trades Roddy B and D-Jones, along with draft picks and BH. Melo has no options.

DEn might do it b/c it doesn't want to give Melo what he wants. Maybe they don't even like our assets.
Yeah I figured he has no choice but imo their fans would definetly quit on that franchise if they did that. Like in all honesty Roddy B and Dominique Jones are not better than Gallo and Wilson Chandler plus they'd get a 1st. They'd be idiots to get raped by Dallas just to make sure they make Melo wait till summer lol.

Last edited: