A Dose of Reality!

pat

Starter
Guys, theres no point in arguing about Marbury. He's basically off the team, so it's not an issue anymore. Originally, I thought he should play. But we're doing pretty well without him, so let's just be happy about that.

100 % true. There is really no need to argue about Marbury. It's enough to post a link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54515#post54515

@ MSG: One could actually say that some people (his stans) are surprised how he is playing. NOT at all.

I can still remember that one Slam-interview he gave when he was still at Georgia Tech and he complained about the skill level of his team mates and that they are not able to catch his passes. There you could already see his attitude. The first thing you learn is that any turnover is always (of course there are a few exceptions) the passer's mistake. And his attitude never changed. Still, there is no need to complain. He did what he was supposed to do in order to improve his families economic situation.

Paul1355

All Star
Steph had something to prove this year and still does no matter where he plays and that's he can make a team better. He doesn't have to prove his talent unlike Eddy Curry. If I was Curry, knowing who my new coach would be... I would have been working out like crazy and practicing...even play summer league. But that didn't happen and he's my biggest disappointment because the potential is there as much as I'd hate to admit it.

cosign everything.

Steph has to prove something still. He has great talent and so does Curry but Curry is to damn lazy to play.

metrocard

Legend
"Marbury is a selfish immature baby with delusions of being as great as Michael Jordan. "

2ni89x5.gif

Whats your source for this?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
"Marbury is a selfish immature baby with delusions of being as great as Michael Jordan. "

2ni89x5.gif

Whats your source for this?

My source is his career, his comments, his salary and his attitude. It may sound harsh but the dude got issues. Didn't he claim he was the best PG in the leadue only a few years ago?

Meanwhile are team hasn't looked this good in years all as Marbury sits on the bench. I hope we can trade him for a superstar as I am excited about the Knicks play under Dantoni. If we can pick up an allstar and a guy like S. Williams this team will be serious. Moving randolph back to the 4 and adding a playmaker to him and Crawford would cause trouble around the league. I just don't see how we progress with Marbury on the court.

metrocard

Legend
My source is his career, his comments, his salary and his attitude. It may sound harsh but the dude got issues. Didn't he claim he was the best PG in the leadue only a few years ago?

Meanwhile are team hasn't looked this good in years all as Marbury sits on the bench. I hope we can trade him for a superstar as I am excited about the Knicks play under Dantoni. If we can pick up an allstar and a guy like S. Williams this team will be serious. Moving randolph back to the 4 and adding a playmaker to him and Crawford would cause trouble around the league. I just don't see how we progress with Marbury on the court.

Marbury is a career 20 and 8 PG, his career is pretty much above average to an all star level.

Where did Marbury say he was as good as Jordan?

Marbury was the best PG in the NBA one season.
He led the NBA in assist and average almost 21 points per game, leading the Knicks to the playoffs.

Marbury should think he's the best PG in the game, thats a self efficacy mentality that most athletes should have. If you don't play thinking you're the best, then your expectations for yourself are low, which decreases performance level.

Your post is immature.
Sean Williams?

You cry about Marbury, but want Sean Williams? You're just totally contradicting yourself, because everyone knows Williams is a worst character than Marbury who hasn't even established his career in the NBA yet.
Theres obvious a personal bias and vendetta against Marbury your showing, which confirms your post has no validity or truth. No logic honestly, just immature hating on Marbury.

Its funny and sad how people make a big deal about what Marbury said about his teammates in Georgia Tech as if that define his character, acting like Marbury has never had any positive quotes in his career(They get canceled out since its Marbury; Marbury's quotes this season outweight his negative quotes throughout his career, but people are to ignorant, immature and simple to understand any further than that).

Its a sad situation, ex-Isiahsexuals are showing their true colors and foolishness.

I'm not here to support Marbury for the future, he shouldn't be apart of the future, but he shouldn't be leaving like this, he worked hard all summer and was ready to come off the bench for D'Antoni or play any role D'Antoni asked for. Walsh and D'Antoni were unprofessional and unethical with the whole situation. An athlete's hardwork should never be denied, especially by the headcoach, that sets a bad example throughout the whole team that hardwork isn't rewarded.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
It's sad you can't differentiate between hyperbole used to point out your blind devotion to a washed up scrub and someone who is truly gay. I could careless about knicksonline poster status and what you think you are exposing. The amount of posts you make does not makeup for your lack of knowldege so keep touting your "poster level". Put me on your list and I will be glad to shred any pseudo-logic you present. I know I am speaking in big words and you might need some help so I am glad to provide you with some useful links:

http://dictionary.reference.com/ (help you with your small vocabulary and reading comprehension)

http://www.basketballiq.com/ (teach you a bit about basketball so you can know why your support for Marbury is so flawed)

P.S. Arguing with me about Marbury is to argue with Walsh and Dantoni since they are doing exactly what you are crying about. FYI...We have a winning record with Marbury on the bench.

your from ohio, go to a cavs fan fakkit. we dont need knicks fans like your type on this site

im not interested in your vocab or your big words. im not even interested in having a debate with you, you have already proven to me that my basketball knowledge is superior. i have taken out posters who were better then you.

you keep bringin up irrelevant shit. No one ever said marbury is chris paul. athough theres some similarities...:lol: you fukkin chump

this is just fun man, its too much fun :lol: its too easy :lol:

i cant even argue with this guy :lol:

Please, give me someone better :lol:

100 % true. There is really no need to argue about Marbury. It's enough to post a link: http://www.knicksonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=54515#post54515

@ MSG: One could actually say that some people (his stans) are surprised how he is playing. NOT at all.

I can still remember that one Slam-interview he gave when he was still at Georgia Tech and he complained about the skill level of his team mates and that they are not able to catch his passes. There you could already see his attitude. The first thing you learn is that any turnover is always (of course there are a few exceptions) the passer's mistake. And his attitude never changed. Still, there is no need to complain. He did what he was supposed to do in order to improve his families economic situation.

did you see what i said to you in that thread son? I said i dont care what you do. i still dont care what you do. theres not a poster on this site who considers you to be even in the top 10. most got me in the top 3, even posters who dont like me are on my dikk no homo.

i dont care about your boring stories from the past. i never said marbury had a good attitude prior to the 2006-07 season. your steppin out of your boundaries, try disagreein with posters like getreal and new new york before you step to someone on my level.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
your from ohio, go to a cavs fan fakkit. we dont need knicks fans like your type on this site

im not interested in your vocab or your big words. im not even interested in having a debate with you, you have already proven to me that my basketball knowledge is superior. i have taken out posters who were better then you.

you keep bringin up irrelevant shit. No one ever said marbury is chris paul. athough theres some similarities...:lol: you fukkin chump

this is just fun man, its too much fun :lol: its too easy :lol:

i cant even argue with this guy :lol:

Please, give me someone better :lol:

did you see what i said to you in that thread son? I said i dont care what you do. i still dont care what you do. theres not a poster on this site who considers you to be even in the top 10. most got me in the top 3, even posters who dont like me are on my dikk no homo.

i dont care about your boring stories from the past. i never said marbury had a good attitude prior to the 2006-07 season. your steppin out of your boundaries, try disagreein with posters like getreal and new new york before you step to someone on my level.

^^THIS^^

I don't know where you get this Ohio shit...I was born and raised in Queens, now I am M.I.A. in Mia...You from Ct a state so wack it doesn't have it's own team and you screaming about Ohio!? Now that we cleared that up...

Your not interested in my vocab cause your mind is weak, I see you even through the internet. Your an open book and an easy target and an obvious chump. You keep going on and on about poster status and be top this or that on an internet site! LOL You can keep your online forum rating and wrap it around yourself like a warm blanket to protect you from the real world.

You care more more about your lovecrush Starbury than you do the Knicks. You bitch even though we have the best start since 99!(last year we made the finals) Winning record? Who cares? Play Marbury! Whaaaaaaa :baby:

Your basketball IQ is trash and your logic is nonexistent. You go be a fan of team Starbury while I'll stay a fan of the Knicks. Hopefully when he is cut or traded you can go find a home at a new team site and setup shop.

Remember when you claim not to want a debate what thread you in sucka! Remember to watch your tongue when adults are speaking or I'll put you to bed early and take away your Knick privileges.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
^^THIS^^

I don't know where you get this Ohio shit...I was born and raised in Queens, now I am M.I.A. in Mia...You from Ct a state so wack it doesn't have it's own team and you screaming about Ohio!? Now that we cleared that up...

Your not interested in my vocab cause your mind is weak, I see you even through the internet. Your an open book and an easy target and an obvious chump. You keep going on and on about poster status and be top this or that on an internet site! LOL You can keep your online forum rating and wrap it around yourself like a warm blanket to protect you from the real world.

You care more more about your lovecrush Starbury than you do the Knicks. You bitch even though we have the best start since 99!(last year we made the finals) Winning record? Who cares? Play Marbury! Whaaaaaaa :baby:

Your basketball IQ is trash and your logic is nonexistent. You go be a fan of team Starbury while I'll stay a fan of the Knicks. Hopefully when he is cut or traded you can go find a home at a new team site and setup shop.

Remember when you claim not to want a debate what thread you in sucka! Remember to watch your tongue when adults are speaking or I'll put you to bed early and take away your Knick privileges.

lmfaoo, ouch

TunerAddict

Starter
^^THIS^^

Rape like that is illegal in 48 states...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

you keep bringin up irrelevant shit. No one ever said marbury is chris paul. athough theres some similarities... you fukkin chump

this is just fun man, its too much fun its too easy

i cant even argue with this guy

Please, give me someone better

To MSGKnickz33

You are a walking talking haemmerhoid.

Sorry is that word too difficult for you? Phonetically, the pronounciation is hemroid. A haemmerhoid is a burst or ruptured vein in the sphincter.

F@gs who exercise self worship such as yourself probably have a whole cluster just ready to blow.

This Tr1llion boy is stomping you and you are making a fool of yourself.

Don't listen to his sh1t Tr1llion. Your posts are well backed and deserve kudos.

Here is a word for msg33. "auto-fellatio." A pass time you would show great interest in considering your self admiration.

look it up

sorry to be crass Tr1llion but seriously it was an unfair attack on you.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^THIS^^

I cant debate with you for 2 reasons, you keep makin up sh!t i didnt say, and your just bad. Your a bad poster. I got no respect for a clown like you.

lmfaoo, ouch

datruth you know damn well this fool aint on my level, just like you

To MSGKnickz33

You are a walking talking haemmerhoid.

Sorry is that word too difficult for you? Phonetically, the pronounciation is hemroid. A haemmerhoid is a burst or ruptured vein in the sphincter.

F@gs who exercise self worship such as yourself probably have a whole cluster just ready to blow.

This Tr1llion boy is stomping you and you are making a fool of yourself.

Don't listen to his sh1t Tr1llion. Your posts are well backed and deserve kudos.

Here is a word for msg33. "auto-fellatio." A pass time you would show great interest in considering your self admiration.

look it up

sorry to be crass Tr1llion but seriously it was an unfair attack on you.

*yawns*

sucka dikk

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I cant debate with you for 2 reasons, you keep makin up sh!t i didnt say, and your just bad. Your a bad poster. I got no respect for a clown like you.

datruth you know damn well this fool aint on my level, just like you

*yawns*

sucka dikk

LOL...You still talking about poster level! :teeth:

What did I make up? Fact is I exposed you for a chump and you have nothing else to say. That's cool I wouldn't want to debate me either, your out matched and outclassed. Your basketball IQ is laughable and you are a fan of a single player above the Knicks. Have fun being an OG on team Jockbury even after he is gone. Leave this site to the real Knick fans and you can create an account on whatever team Marubry ends up with and work your way up to #1 jock on that site too.

Look back at my post history and I dare you to point out any bad posts. I was right about Curry over a year ago amognst other observations. Back your claims up or shut up.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

What did I make up? Fact is I exposed you for a chump and you have nothing else to say. That's cool I wouldn't want to debate me either, your out matched and outclassed. Your basketball IQ is laughable and you are a fan of a single player above the Knicks. Have fun being an OG on team Jockbury even after he is gone. Leave this site to the real Knick fans and you can create an account on whatever team Marubry ends up with and work your way up to #1 jock on that site too.

Look back at my post history and I dare you to point out any bad posts. I was right about Curry over a year ago amognst other observations. Back your claims up or shut up.

i dont really know what type of poster you are, you dont appear to be a good one. you continue to make up sh!t that i never said about marbury, and you have accused me of being a marbury fan, and not a knicks fan.

the posters who are here most of the time...i know some of them dont like me but they know im a knicks fan and they will admit...maybe that im not as good as i say i am but that im one of the better posters on this site.

i dont care what you or anyone else thinks of me as a poster. outside of this site i have a life. thats a lot more important to me then some internet site. you do care for some reason, you keep coming back asking for more. what do you want? do you want my approval? do you want the approval of other posters?

i see you daring me to go back and look at your posts. i dont care about you enough to do that. the only thing that you proved to me is that you dont get much attention and that you hate marbury.

and as for marbury he should either play or be bought out. its as simple as that. if you think im upset that hes not playin then your wrong. im dissapointed with the knicks organization for not being more straight forward with him. if everyones "slate is clean", then he should play for doing what was asked of him. if they dont see him in the future plans, buy him out.

marbury helped us get to the playoffs in 2003-04, without the best supporting cast. he gets unfairly blamed for this teams failures. the one year that i was against him was when larry brown coached here. i thought his attitude was poor, like it had been most of his career. after larry brown was gone, i saw a different marbury. in 2006-07, he played the best basketball of his career in my opinion. walt clyde frazier agrees with that...that year he kept talkin about how good marburys defense was, and how he was a leader on the court. he gave up some of his scoring, and eddy curry averaged 19.5ppg. we werent too far from makin the playoffs, and thats not bad for the supporting cast marbury had. after playing through injuries and showing heart, the pain finally caught up with marbury and he wasnt able to play the final month of that season. we missed the playoffs, but we won 33 games. marbury almost brought a team to the playoffs with a supporting cast of jamal crawford and eddy curry. you said yourself that you knew curry was a joke.

so all im givin marbury credit for is the first year he came here when we made the playoffs, and 2006-07. he didnt play much last year, and its unfair to hold the whole "leaving the team" situation against him. there are several contradicting reports as to what happened. we all know isiah is a jack ass, and he should be blamed for this teams failures over the past 4 or 5 years, but for some reason it all goes to marbury.

i also give marbury credit for improving his attitude over the past couple of years, or since larry brown got fired. after that...hes one of the more talented point guards to every play. he put up great numbers but he wasnt the best team player and his attitude was bad. i never denied any of that. i didnt even like him a couple years ago.

when you assume, you make an ass of yourself. now you got the attention you wanted. take notes...next time you go after one of the top posters on a site, leave emotions out of it. show respect, and never assume anything. make sure you can prove all your points. all the insults i threw at you were jokes, i was hopin that you would stop stalkin my posts and makin false accusations. that didnt work, so i wrote an essay.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com

MSG keeps talking about his posting level, because he's one of the best posters on Knicksonline.

You're one of the ignorant fans that thinks Marbury's a cancer, even though the Knicks are yet to do s#!t without him.

A 6-3 start? Please

-The Knicks barely beat the 15-67, centerless, Miami Heat.
-The Knicks barely beat the rebuilding Bobcats.
-The Knicks barely beat the injury depleted Washington Wizards(no Arenas and no Haywood).
-The Knicks barely beat the Deron Williamless Jazz, at home, not on the road.
-The Knicks blew out the rebuilding Memphis Grizzlies.
-The Knicks barely beat the no defense, expansion Oklahoma City Thunder.

-The Knicks LOST to the injury free, playoff 76ers
-The Knicks LOST to the sub .500 Bucks.
-The Knicks LOST to the Parkerless and Ginobililess Spurs.

I'm glad that the Knicks are off to a good start, but they haven't proved anything so far.

Don't be too quick to hop on D'Antoni's dick. Wait till the Knicks play a team that has their full lineup, before assuming that the Knicks are now the greatest thing on Earth without Marbury.

I want the Knicks do do well, but this start doesn't mean anything, when you consider the fact that the Knicks have played against some of the worst teams in the NBA so far.

KBlack25

Starter
Uhm, abcd, not sure you've been following the NBA but the Oklahoma City Thunder are not an expansion team. You see a long time ago, back in the day, there was a team called the Seattle Supersonics. They made the finals in the 1990s, they had a guy named Gary "The Glove" Payton and a guy named Shawn Kemp. They were a pretty storied franchise, they even won a championship one year!

Long story short, a bunch of Oklahoma City business men bought the team in Seattle and decided, because they couldn't get a new stadium, to move the team to the capital of Oklahoma. There was even a contest to help decide on what the teams name would be! There were options like the Barons, the Marshalls and the Bisons before they settled on the Thunder.

So you see, the Oklahoma City Thunder are not an expansion team, but actually are just a team that moved.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Uhm, abcd, not sure you've been following the NBA but the Oklahoma City Thunder are not an expansion team. You see a long time ago, back in the day, there was a team called the Seattle Supersonics. They made the finals in the 1990s, they had a guy named Gary "The Glove" Payton and a guy named Shawn Kemp. They were a pretty storied franchise, they even won a championship one year!

Long story short, a bunch of Oklahoma City business men bought the team in Seattle and decided, because they couldn't get a new stadium, to move the team to the capital of Oklahoma. There was even a contest to help decide on what the teams name would be! There were options like the Barons, the Marshalls and the Bisons before they settled on the Thunder.

So you see, the Oklahoma City Thunder are not an expansion team, but actually are just a team that moved.
I already knew that. That doesn't change the fact that the Knicks barely beat the now 1-9 Thunder.
SMH @ Posters that look for any little thing to criticize. I've been watching basketball for years. I know that the Thunder used to be the Sonics.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Then why'd you call them an expansion team?
Because I was trying to prove a point, which is that the Knicks beat a lot of injury depleted and sub .500 teams. I was exaggerating, when I called them expansion. And technically, they are an expansion team, because they have a new jersey, new name, and new city.

KBlack25

Starter
Well that's the point, I think everyone is exaggerating the wins (and loses) this team has. Going down the list, yes the Knicks are 6-3, and a win against an injury depleted Thunder counts just as much as a win against the Celtics. Is it the best win in the world? No it's not but none the less this team has already won 1/4 of what they won last year in 1/8 of the time. The Knicks also had 2 losses to last years Sonics (this years Thunder).

Sure the Knicks beat the Deron-less Jazz, but the Jazz are still a very good team even without Deron. They lost to the Spurs I think partially because Popovich gears his team up well to play against D'Antoni's scheme and the Knicks have nobody to guard Duncan. Guys like Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan and the like should dominate anybody the Knicks can throw on them.

But the bottom line is this team has 6 wins through 9 games in a year where they were predicted to finish in the cellar of the East. Crawford has played pretty well for the most part, and the guy everyone wanted out of here (Z-Bo) has played very well in the system, as I thought he would after watching the preseason.

Everyone needs to take a step back, yes you can argue about the quality of the team's wins and losses, but a win is still a win. They've shown marked improvement in these 9 games over last year's team, despite whoever they've played.