A Dose of Reality!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The thunder might as well be an expansion team

ima break it down like this, haterburys will look breifly at stats and conclude that were a better team without him, continuing the trend that we've seen all through out his career. "Everyteam gets better after he leaves" is a true statement, but it shows very little analysis. Theres reasons besides marbury leaving, as to why all these teams got better after he left.

minnesota twolves
-As good of a playmaker as marbury was, terrell brandon was even better
-Garnett was young and still improving
-wolves drafted wally sczerbiak, a good shooter who helped spread the floor his rookie season

new jersey nets
-no good pf/c defensive presence
-kenyon martin was only a rookie
-richard jefferson was drafted when marbury got traded for kidd

marbury, 2nd year kmart, and rookie richard jefferson >> marbury, rookie kmart, and no richard jefferson

phoenix suns
-made playoffs, lost 4-2 to spurs who went on to win championship
-nets with kidd also lost 4-2 to spurs, in nba finals
-amare stoudamire was a rookie
-joe johnson was a couple years away from his prime
-nash is a better playmaker then marbury, but suns were also a better team because they added q-rich and jim jackson to the team. Jackson was a real good 3pt shooter (45.9%)

What do you haterburys say about this?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would also like to point out that Marbury made the playoffs, on each of his seasons with the Timberwolves and that the Timberwolves took 4 years to make it passed the first round of the playoffs, after Marbury left.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well that's the point, I think everyone is exaggerating the wins (and loses) this team has. Going down the list, yes the Knicks are 6-3, and a win against an injury depleted Thunder counts just as much as a win against the Celtics. Is it the best win in the world? No it's not but none the less this team has already won 1/4 of what they won last year in 1/8 of the time. The Knicks also had 2 losses to last years Sonics (this years Thunder).

Sure the Knicks beat the Deron-less Jazz, but the Jazz are still a very good team even without Deron. They lost to the Spurs I think partially because Popovich gears his team up well to play against D'Antoni's scheme and the Knicks have nobody to guard Duncan. Guys like Dwight Howard, Tim Duncan and the like should dominate anybody the Knicks can throw on them.

But the bottom line is this team has 6 wins through 9 games in a year where they were predicted to finish in the cellar of the East. Crawford has played pretty well for the most part, and the guy everyone wanted out of here (Z-Bo) has played very well in the system, as I thought he would after watching the preseason.

Everyone needs to take a step back, yes you can argue about the quality of the team's wins and losses, but a win is still a win. They've shown marked improvement in these 9 games over last year's team, despite whoever they've played.
Your post is very fair. I agree that a win is a win, no matter who it's against. However, the Knicks are yet to prove that they can even beat a healthy .500 team. As for Randolph, I'm one of the few people that supported Randolph last year. I noticed that it was Eddy Curry that was holding the Knicks back, and a lot of people just assumed that it was both of them that were the problem. Some people even thought that Randolph was slowing Curry's progress. Ex: Getrealistic, Jimkchief, Kiyaman(even though he's a top level poster). I think Jamal Crawford is playing the best ball of his career. I hope he can keep it up, because the Knicks could win a lot of games with his scoring.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Your post is very fair. I agree that a win is a win, no matter who it's against. However, the Knicks are yet to prove that they can even beat a healthy .500 team. As for Randolph, I'm one of the few people that supported Randolph last year. I noticed that it was Eddy Curry that was holding the Knicks back, and a lot of people just assumed that it was both of them that were the problem. Some people even thought that Randolph was slowing Curry's progress. Ex: Getrealistic, Jimkchief, Kiyaman(even though he's a top level poster). I think Jamal Crawford is playing the best ball of his career. I hope he can keep it up, because the Knicks could win a lot of games with his scoring.

My problem with Zach is that everytime he touches the ball he shoots. His numbers are great this year and I am impressed with his rebounding, but he doesn't defend the post at all. Dirk killed D-Lee and Zach wanted no part of it. I think D'antoni's chuck it up offense is a great match with Zach's shoot first mentality, but I just would like to see my bigs defend the post better. I still believe E-city will contribute before this season is over.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I would also like to point out that Marbury made the playoffs, on each of his seasons with the Timberwolves and that the Timberwolves took 4 years to make it passed the first round of the playoffs, after Marbury left.

very good points abcd. those are all solid reasons as to why marburys teams got better after he left, but you never see the media bring up any of them. thats how they become more popular, by hatin. controversy sells :smokin:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
My problem with Zach is that everytime he touches the ball he shoots. His numbers are great this year and I am impressed with his rebounding, but he doesn't defend the post at all. Dirk killed D-Lee and Zach wanted no part of it. I think D'antoni's chuck it up offense is a great match with Zach's shoot first mentality, but I just would like to see my bigs defend the post better. I still believe E-city will contribute before this season is over.

Z-Bo is a black-hole thats a given but he's been on a tear and its working for us..he hasnt taken any bad shots that much though he does get trigger happy from the 3-point line at times though...we knew Z-Bo cant D up we have no low post players that strike fear into anyone...Chander and Z-Bo on our front-court wont scare no one were gonna get murdered when we face teams like the Suns and Magic....Curry will make things worse cause you gotta be quick to be decent down low....Curry wont see the court till he gets in shape thats just the truth...

KBlack25

Starter

I don't remember who was for and who was against Z-Bo, I will say that I have been for him since the day he showed up here. People give him grief and complain about his contract, but honestly if he keeps playing the way he's been playing, getting 20/10 every night, I don't see the problem in paying him. You aren't going to replace 20/10 per night spending less than the Knicks spend on Z-Bo for the most part, especially if you dive into the free agent pool. I'm glad someone here is with me on Z-Bo at least though, I thought I was the only one...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
funny how Trillion got shooked by me.

Damn you guys are on my dikk!!!LOL I can't go away for a few days without you guys getting false hopes...

Don't flatter yourself and if you are going to do so please use correct English when making you false claims next time! Thanks.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
MSGKnickz33;71544 datruth you know damn well this fool aint on my level said:
i never really payed attention to trillions posts b4 but he went hard on that post(no homo), and who are u??the guy who's only good for makin threads but loses points by makin team starburst and actually considering it a "movement"....just look at the facts, u go out of ur way to jjoin every forum and defend starburst against all the "haterburys"..yeah im definitely not on that level