2017 NBA Playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
Rox gave away game 5 in SA. Golden opportunity to win the pivotal game 5 on the road and with Kawhi out of the game with an ankle injury the Rox could not close out the Spurs. Doesn't really matter because neither the Rox or the Spurs is going to beat the Warriors.

Ginooobblliiiiiiiii!!!!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Bradley and Horford were outstanding. Pure hustle by the Celts tonight on both sides of the ball, got the 50/50 balls, outrebounded that bigger Wiz team and were outstanding behind the arc.

The Celtricks showed how deep their rotation could get in the 5th game of the series with the Wizards ..
The addition of Horford leadership n playoff experience has the Celtricks 9 man rotation riding high on the next-level to the ECF .. Horford n IT receive great same-page help from teammates Bradley/Crowder/Smart/Olynyk and Co.

The Wizards star PG Wall has stepped up his game to a playoff level of b.ball .. to bad Wall's cast of teammates don't matchup to the same above level performance as the tricky-Celtricks deep rotation.

Kiyaman

Legend
How will the Spurs survive without Kawhi .. Aldridge n Ginobli will have to bring it.
The Rocs getting off to a slow start .. Ariza & Beverley are on track in the the first quarter

tiger0330

Legend
Spurs getting anything they want in the post. Ryno guarding LMA, Harden guarding Gasol you got to be kidding the Rox can stop anything with those matchups.

18 pt lead 6 mins left in the 2nd. I'm predicting a Spurs win right now, Pop still has D'Ants number.

Broadway

All Star
This is why I said don't use the postseason to try and validate an MVP. Harden hasn't played that well overall IMO and I'm not sure why he's a hot/cold player when it comes to the postseason.

Downright awful performance thus far from the Rockets

Kiyaman

Legend
Harden has 6 turnovers and only took 9 shots in 34 minutes .. this is an ELIMINATION game Harden!
5 minute remaining in the game .. Spurs 104 - Rocs 72 ... what does this say about the MVP candidate?

Broadway

All Star
Daryl Morey back in February

"We want to win the title, and obviously that's probably going through the Warriors at some point," Morey told Frank Isola and Brian Scalabrine during an interview on SiriusXM NBA Radio (h/t James Herbert of CBS Sports). "And we absolutely figured the only way we're gonna beat 'em is with a barrage of 3-pointers, and it's probably gonna be a 124-120 affair if we're gonna get past them."

This is not the correct way to approach winning in the playoffs, it's a different kind of animal

mafra

Legend
The bottom line is D'antoni SSOL, 3-fest doesn't win many games in playoffs. You have to be able to play defense and score in half court sets, when refs permit physical play.

Hitting 3s helps, but you better defend and impose your will in the paint.

Broadway

All Star
The bottom line is D'antoni SSOL, 3-fest doesn't win many games in playoffs. You have to be able to play defense and score in half court sets, when refs permit physical play.

Hitting 3s helps, but you better defend and impose your will in the paint.

So you're saying there still is a chance for "The Triangle"

mafra

Legend
Triangle? If it's a case of the system being bigger than the parts -- like the Spurs -- then I don't care if we run the parallelogram.

Passing and Sharing and seeing the floor is all good, but no reason to ignore fact that AAU and current collegiate situation isn't conducive to spitting out these sorts of players.

You need a PG! Shooters & you need to stop the other team from scoring!

Hey.... if we luck out and end up with Fultz and he turns out to be a Kobe or MJ.... then, and only then, will triangle work in NYK.

tiger0330

Legend
Rox missed Nene way more than the Spurs missed Kawhi and Parker. Mills and Simmons filled in admirably but the Rox got pummeled inside for a Spurs 60-37 RB advantage and 9/3 blocked shot advantage. Game 5 is the one the Rox should be kicking themselves about, that one was more winnable than this one which got out of hand quickly.

Let's see how the Spurs do against the Warriors, LMA will be up against Dray and not against a marshmallow like Ryno and Pau has the advantage against Zaza but the Warriors will bring plenty of help for Zaza. Warriors in 5 or 6 should be no surprise if Kawhi is back 100% and a sweep if he can't play.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star
Rox missed Nene way more than the Spurs missed Kawhi and Parker. Mills and Simmons filled in admirably but the Rox got pummeled inside for a Spurs 60-37 RB advantage and 9/3 blocked shot advantage. Game 5 is the one the Rox should be kicking themselves about, that one was more winnable than this one which got out of hand quickly.

Let's see how the Spurs do against the Warriors, LMA will be up against Dray and not against a marshmallow like Ryno and Pau has the advantage against Zaza but the Warriors will bring plenty of help for Zaza. Warriors in 5 or 6 should be no surprise if Kawhi is back 100% and a sweep if he can't play.

Maybe D'Antoni should've took a chance on Montrez Harrell instead of thinking going small was going to work. Pop took a chance on his guys when needed? It's called COACHING

Why slight the Spurs for the next round...the Warriors should beat them but don't be surprised if the Spurs give the Warriors all they can handle. Had the Rockets advanced your predictions stand if the Rockets entered that series without Nene, like Spurs with no Kawhi. In the end Rockets flat out got beat and failed miserably

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yep any shot at an MVP Harden blew last night. Unbelievable. Chicago sports radio was debating whether Harden was point shaving or not. Real talk an actual discussion based on some NBA GM's email asking if a player had ever been investigated. I'm gonna call it the Curse of the Kardashians. It's like the Curse of the Mummy it rears its head whenever you have fooled with anyone of them broads. That's all I got. I can understand a Starks-like 2-19 or something like that but Harden didn't even have a FG attempt until midway through the 2nd quarter. Kardashian Curse lives on.:(

jimkcchief88

All Star

Agreed losing Nene was HUGE(trump). And game 5 was definitely the game that got away.

Broadway

All Star
Yep any shot at an MVP Harden blew last night. Unbelievable. Chicago sports radio was debating whether Harden was point shaving or not. Real talk an actual discussion based on some NBA GM's email asking if a player had ever been investigated. I'm gonna call it the Curse of the Kardashians. It's like the Curse of the Mummy it rears its head whenever you have fooled with anyone of them broads. That's all I got. I can understand a Starks-like 2-19 or something like that but Harden didn't even have a FG attempt until midway through the 2nd quarter. Kardashian Curse lives on.:(

The deadline for voting was the Friday that concluded the regular season. It's strictly a regular season award as are the rest of them. Playoffs are not a factor for determining league MVP. I touched on this Game1/2 of the OKC/Rockets series with you. It's a 100 Panel Voting committee...Brent Barry specifically mentioned on NBATV he was going to wait until the last game of the season to cast his vote then place it that Friday. Many on the panel had already cast their vote before the season concluded and when he was on air that night thought it was comical he still hadn't placed his vote yet. There was like 1 week of the season left.