2017 NBA Playoffs

mafra

Legend
Teams that win 1st game of series go on to win 60-75% of the time. SA is grizzled enough to recover.... and if they had both KL and TP healthy they would beat GSW.... but this loss is a tough one to overcome.

I still can't believe Manu didn't get that foul when Zaza leaped into air and MG jumped into him.

Swallowing the whistle is how you enable an 18-0 run.... we all know GSW is talented enough to roll off a bunch of points quickly. A few moving picks not called... a travel or 2.... and suddenly the momentum has turned.

I think the refs sometimes get caught up in the emotion of the crowd....
And I've heard a few refs talk about how they call games based on the score.... so if a team is down big they get a long leash to run around and basically do whatever.... this is how MIA beat dAL in the Finals with shaq and Wade.

Despite losing their star and having to battle the refs SA hung in until the end.... but at that point, GSW had too much ammo to close this out.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Spurs under Pops were 316-0 before today (when leading by 25+ points). Further evidence of poor officiating.

tiger0330

Legend
Refs didn't even call that foul on Zaza for being in Kawhi's landing space. Didn't they institute that foul to prevent these injuries? I've been reading that some think Zaza did it deliberately and he's got a history of "dirty" play. Weird how Zaza got matched up on the perimeter guarding Kawhi also.

Even if the refs called the foul it wouldn't have undone the damage but at least the refs could have done their job. The league should also institute a mandatory fine if the foul is called, maybe it'll prevent injuries of this type if the penalties are harsher.

pat

Starter
Warriors got a HUGE gift today
I think it is more of a "karma is a bitch" event. The move Zaza pulled is what I still call "doing the Bowen". Have a look on youTube. He did that on so many players and it finally caught up with the Spurs.

I think it is more of a "karma is a bitch" event. The move Zaza pulled is what I still call "doing the Bowen". Have a look on youTube. He did that on so many players and it finally caught up with the Spurs.

That's funny. That totally was the Bruce Bowen hurt your guy move. Spur fans never seemed to have a problem with it back then.

tiger0330

Legend
Pretty funny, ZaZa extends his hand to Haslem asking him to help him up. Haslem says later for you and ZaZa kind of waves his leg and Joey Crawford sees that and calls a foul on him.

giphy.gif

tiger0330

Legend
Negative MRI on KL, probably misses game 2 but likely comes back in the series. Pop laid into Zaza, called him a dirty player even if he didn't use those words.

tiger0330

Legend
Wiz have lost 8 straight at the TD Center dating back to 2014, going to be tough to win there but it's now tied 48-48 2 mins left in the half. Looks like a classic game 7.

tiger0330

Legend
13-3 run by BOS ended by IT and Smart 3s in the 3rd have the Celts up 85-79. Wiz were able to keep the lead trading buckets with the Celts but Celts broke it open with that run. Wiz are in trouble unless they can match this run starting the 4th.

tiger0330

Legend
Wiz are in trouble. Wall has missed his last 6, Beale made a pass and no one was within 10 ft of it and IT just nailed another straight on 3. Celts with their biggest lead 94-81.

Broadway

All Star
Man I can't leave the house but I need to get something to eat. Got nothing but respect, this series has been an Epic Roller Coaster ride!

tiger0330

Legend
Kelly Olynyk AKA Larry Bird having the game of his life. My prediction Celts win this Kelly is doing the TNT post game interview.

Kiyaman

Legend
Beal got 38 pts Wall Morris Porter each have 18 pts with 3 min remaining in the game down by 10 pts 100 -110 Celtricks ..
Olynyk 26 pts off the bench is playing next-level b.ball for Boston.

Broadway

All Star
Well Cs it is and they get to host ECF Game 1 at home. Tip my hat to them, I was one who advocated all yr Danny Ainge needed to do nothing with their team until he absolutely had to. Their future is bright

Wizards you'll have to make some offseason moves, but you are close.

Cleveland better be ready because the Cs are hungry