2017 NBA Playoffs

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yea yea Broadway I get regular season I got it...You know I'm not the only one who downgraded Harden last night from MVP talk including TV talking heads that actually have a vote.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Great game 6...Celtics/Wizards
Horford with a 20 ft bank shot that I wish I could ask him did you mean to bank it (I think he meant it) which gives the Celts a 2 pt lead in the last 10 seconds. Then Wall comes back and knocks down what would become the game winning 3 but not before Boston has one more shot with 1.7 left but the Wiz play good D on IT and he throws up a heave that misses.

John Wall who had a poor shooting first half comes back in the second to score 26 and the game winner. Now can they break serve and win in BOS.

Celtics had the ball and a 5 point lead with barely a minute to play and couldn't close out this series. Exciting game 6. Hopefully will be an exciting game 7.

On a side note, neither of these teams is a threat to Cleveland.

tiger0330

Legend
Rox missed Nene way more than the Spurs missed Kawhi and Parker. Mills and Simmons filled in admirably but the Rox got pummeled inside for a Spurs 60-37 RB advantage and 9/3 blocked shot advantage. Game 5 is the one the Rox should be kicking themselves about, that one was more winnable than this one which got out of hand quickly.

Let's see how the Spurs do against the Warriors, LMA will be up against Dray and not against a marshmallow like Ryno and Pau has the advantage against Zaza but the Warriors will bring plenty of help for Zaza. Warriors in 5 or 6 should be no surprise if Kawhi is back 100% and a sweep if he can't play.

Maybe D'Antoni should've took a chance on Montrez Harrell instead of thinking going small was going to work. Pop took a chance on his guys when needed? It's called COACHING

Why slight the Spurs for the next round...the Warriors should beat them but don't be surprised if the Spurs give the Warriors all they can handle. Had the Rockets advanced your predictions stand if the Rockets entered that series without Nene, like Spurs with no Kawhi. In the end Rockets flat out got beat and failed miserably
ESPN predictions, no one picked the Spurs, one guy said it will go 7 games the majority think like me 5-6 games. I'd like to see the Spurs win the WC finals just for the sake of keeping some kind of competitive balance in the NBA, the Warriors losing the series may be a reason for KD to consider signing elsewhere to become the main man again instead of sharing the glory with the other 3 amigos.

J.A.
Adande
i
Kevin
Arnovitz
i
Ian
Begley
i
Bradford
Doolittle
i
Jeremias
Engelmann
i
Chad
Ford
i
Chris
Forsberg
i
Nick
Friedell
i
Israel
Gutierrez
i
Tom
Haberstroh
i
Andrew
Han
i
Chris
Haynes
i
Baxter
Holmes
i
Zach
Lowe
i
Tim
MacMahon
i
Dave
McMenamin
i
Kevin
Pelton
i
Ramona
Shelburne
i
Marc
Spears
i
Michael
Wright
i
Royce
Young
i
Ohm
Youngmisuk
i

tiger0330

Legend
Green with a great chase down block on Steph. Impressive because Steph measured him looking back to see how far away he was and trying to release the shot as close to the rim as he could and Green still blocked it,

tiger0330

Legend
You could make an argument that McGee should get more minutes than ZaZa. Brown may have to make an adjustment if Spurs win game 1.

pat

Starter
Pop showing Mike Brown how to coach. Brown is timid. He is reacting to San Antonio in his substitution patterns rather than forcing them to react. He puts together line ups with literally no fire power, which is hard to do if you are coaching Golden State. This is entirely down to the two coaches.

tiger0330

Legend
Spurs had a 23 pt lead when Kawhi went out with that ankle injury and GS just took the lead. Hate to see the game decided by an injury, I hope he doesn't miss more time but I think he misses the next game at a minimum.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kawhi turns his angle goes to the locker room with the injury early in the 3rd qtr. and GS Warriors chopped the Spurs 20 pt lead down to nothing in 14 minutes .. Spurs 106 - GS 103 with 2 minute left in game .. Curry 3 ties it at 106

Kiyaman

Legend
113 - 111 GS Warriors win ....

The Spurs MVP star Kawhi Leonard were blowing the Warriors out their own building having a 23 pt lead early in 3rd Qtr. before Kawhi went down with an angle injury .... the thought of the Spurs winning the first game of the series inside GS arena wow! it kept crossing my mind at halftime .. AGGY it didnt go down

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Spurs took it on the chin and that's the series folks. Losing Leonard was a big blow but the NBA (via their refs) stole a win from SA and gifted it to GSW.

The amount of contact and physical play refs let GSW get away with starting at midway point of third was borderline criminal.

It would've been 1 thing if they were calling it like that all game.... but they weren't.... suddenly GSW could get in the grill of SA, poke, swipe, elbow, shove and there were barely any calls.... this was compounded by calling a bunch of tickey tak calls on SA.

I don't want to hear how SA had a big lead and should've found a way.... they did enough to win the game and should've won the game.... if they score 5 more baskets or so the game is over.... but refs wouldn't call fouls and stole around 10 possessions from them.

Real tough break.... lose your best player and have refs suddenly turn on you.

From the moment KL went out with his injury..... until 3 minutes left in the game.... GSW had a 14-3 free throw edge.... in other words, they basically called 2 shooting fouls on GSW in about 16 minutes of live game time. And, if you watched how GSW was defending.... you saw how they got away with a ton of contact. Meanwhile, GSW shot 14 FTs.

Given that the total disparity was pretty close, one can only wonder why GSW were called for fouls up until the midway point of the third quarter?

Again, NBA will not permit SA from ruining their coveted CLE-GSW Finals.

And, watching how the refs changed their tune when KL left the game.... makes NBA a click above pro wrestling (when it comes to being on yeh level).

Last edited: