2017 NBA Playoffs

Kiyaman

Legend
Yup great comeback last night by the Smelldicks you know it's bad when I'm pulling for them as I've hated the Celtics since the 80's...And with Harden and the Rockets selling out leaving us with the "shot our load" Spurs on thier way to getting swept by GSW this was the first playoff game worth watching in over a week um um um:(

So far one game were worthy of watching in the NBA conference finals.
Boston head-coach Stevens got one shot and took it full blast to snatch a win inside Cleveland arena.
Great coaching by Stevens .. putting the tandem of Olynik and Jerebko to control both ends of the paint area, they took advantage of the easy two points in the paint to go on 20-5 run to put the Celtrics back into the game. The Knicks could use a creative head-coach like Brad Stevens running the show.

mafra

Legend
The case was made that BOs was better off without IT, b/c little IT can't guard anybody in CLE and is a major liability on defense.

Now, of course, this only arose bc they got almost 30 from Smart (7-10 from downtown) and both Al and Bradley hit big shots down the stretch.... and that Lebron seemed disengaged, like he was making a point that he is MVP and without him his roster wouldn't even reach the Finals....

Still, with the top pick and knowing they need to spend big money on all 3 next year.... Bradley, Smart, IT.... it might make sense to trade IT this Summer, instead of paying him 150 mil.

Broadway

All Star
The case was made that BOs was better off without IT, b/c little IT can't guard anybody in CLE and is a major liability on defense.

Now, of course, this only arose bc they got almost 30 from Smart (7-10 from downtown) and both Al and Bradley hit big shots down the stretch.... and that Lebron seemed disengaged, like he was making a point that he is MVP and without him his roster wouldn't even reach the Finals....

Still, with the top pick and knowing they need to spend big money on all 3 next year.... Bradley, Smart, IT.... it might make sense to trade IT this Summer, instead of paying him 150 mil.

While true they may not be able to keep all their guys I think too much was put into this 1 gm. I mean they were down 20+ for half the game(with a Bron way off game). If it wasn't for IT's 4qrt heroics all yr, they wouldn't have entered the postseason as a #1 seed, a season in which Avery Bradley missed like 33% of it(more than 1gm). Just an overall tough post-season for IT in totality. I remember Phx had a tough guard situation once upon a time and they gave up on IT, how did that work out for them?

Last edited:

jimkcchief88

All Star
So the talking heads on "First Take" spent the first 20 minutes on this topic:"Does last night prove Lebron is not the MVP." I'm just saying if the over paid, under informed, ESPN talking heads can put playoff performances into MVP context, I think we should be allowed to do the same thing here at KO.com. Just saying....

and1

Rotation player
We all knew it was the rubber match, 3 straight years of GSW-CLE. But for both to go 12-0 to get there?

If this season was a joke, a meaningless, mute point.... what's next year?

it's kind of a pitiful situation for fans of the sport in general. you seriously have to hope for lebron to get injured AND at LEAST 2/3 of the warriors starting lineup to have to miss the majority of the season to get any kind of true competitive quality. either that or westbrook gets some SERIOUS help on the thunder, and/or the celtics to do the same. maybe, just maybe harden won't flake out next season? bleh, too much to hope for.
well at least the cavs lost one game lol. whoop de friggin doo.

Broadway

All Star
So the talking heads on "First Take" spent the first 20 minutes on this topic:"Does last night prove Lebron is not the MVP." I'm just saying if the over paid, under informed, ESPN talking heads can put playoff performances into MVP context, I think we should be allowed to do the same thing here at KO.com. Just saying....

They do that because every postseason Lebron is oversold any way possible. It happens every yr. They are getting paid to hype what has been a somewhat underwhelming postseason for the NBA. Lebron is all they have going right now. ESPN is bleeding red in the worst way, so yeah they are on the street corner turning tricks live on air

jimkcchief88

All Star
They do that because every postseason Lebron is oversold any way possible. It happens every yr. They are getting paid to hype what has been a somewhat underwhelming postseason for the NBA. Lebron is all they have going right now. ESPN is bleeding red in the worst way, so yeah they are on the street corner turning tricks live on air

Underwhelming partly because Harden and the Rockets flamed out in a big way. Houston would have matched up much better against GSW. But Damnphony didn't have them guys ready so they out like some suckers. Then with K Leonard the Spurs rolled over and played dead. That in itself probably makes the case for K Leonard being MVP as the Spurs went from sugar to **** without him. Either way we might as well keep the MVP talk going because there ain't been much else to talk about in these playoffs besides mismatches, sweeps, and injuries:(

Broadway

All Star
Underwhelming partly because Harden and the Rockets flamed out in a big way. Houston would have matched up much better against GSW. But Damnphony didn't have them guys ready so they out like some suckers. Then with K Leonard the Spurs rolled over and played dead. That in itself probably makes the case for K Leonard being MVP as the Spurs went from sugar to **** without him. Either way we might as well keep the MVP talk going because there ain't been much else to talk about in these playoffs besides mismatches, sweeps, and injuries:(

Counter Argument

There isn't a need to talk about MVP nothing, it's mute, A more compelling discussion who is the Most Improved Player

Gannis
Jokic
Gobert

mafra

Legend
Al Horford mentioned this on ESPN. Said he's special in calling these ATO plays, you can see when Stevens is mic'ed up that he's a special coach.

That's bc most coaches say, "here.... pass it to him and everybody clear out. Do your thing Melo."

tiger0330

Legend
Just tuned in and LeBron just committed his 4th foul and Celts have a 13 pt lead with 5 mins left in the 2nd. And I said there wouldn't be any 2 down comebacks by the Celts.

tiger0330

Legend
They're talking about what I said about beating the Cavs in running them off the 3 pt line and icing LeBron on his drives. Rozier got LeBron his 4th foul crowding him but not fouling him and Lebron knocked him over. Make LeBron strictly a jump shooter and a team has a chance.