2017 NBA Playoffs

Broadway

All Star
I can't see Ainge even considering Melo for the Celts. No way no how.

They never really were an option, Phil likes Crowder well documented and that was the link...never meant the Cs were interested in taking on Melo. They even shot down the notion in more recent weeks.

The team Melo might help is the team that lost tonight...I and Mafra made strong suggestions this should be the team Melo demands to be traded to. Melo's a bum regardless where he lands though, if we trade him.

mafra

Legend
Wall ran out of gas, Porter disappear and Gortat was awful. I have no idea why Skiles when with Mahimi so much? Odd.

Olynik was the difference tho.... he provided that scoring BOS desperately needed in the 4th (when IT is neutralized).

Bos barely survived CHI, and no way they would've beaten TOR, but they have to be happy about their season.... maybe they force a 6th game vs CLE.

Boston will be in a tough spot next year bc Smart, Bradley, and Olynik will all want to get paid. But with their GM and HC they're in a good position.

But.... if LAK don't get a top 3 pick their pick goes to PHI.... and if PHI gets 2 of top 10 picks this draft..... I would bet on their future over BOS.

Kiyaman

Legend
They never really were an option, Phil likes Crowder well documented and that was the link...never meant the Cs were interested in taking on Melo. They even shot down the notion in more recent weeks.

The team Melo might help is the team that lost tonight...I and Mafra made strong suggestions this should be the team Melo demands to be traded to. Melo's a bum regardless where he lands though, if we trade him.

Lets hope Melo gets traded over the offseason .. its been a headache trying to find a winning team to trade Ego-Melo to during Nov. 2010 when the Nuggets put up the big "Melo For Sale" sign .. nothing change in 2017 .. once upon a time Ego-Melo were a career first-round playoff player .. now in 2017 Iso-Melo performance has regress to a 33 win regular season player.

Back in the daze .. Ainge wasn't happy at how Kiki Vandeweigh loss his job as the GM for the Nuggets .. there's no way Ainge want any part of Melo's antics in Boston.
Knicks maybe stuck with Melo till contract end .. same with Philllll

Broadway

All Star
Wall ran out of gas, Porter disappear and Gortat was awful. I have no idea why Skiles when with Mahimi so much? Odd.

Olynik was the difference tho.... he provided that scoring BOS desperately needed in the 4th (when IT is neutralized).

Bos barely survived CHI, and no way they would've beaten TOR, but they have to be happy about their season.... maybe they force a 6th game vs CLE.

Boston will be in a tough spot next year bc Smart, Bradley, and Olynik will all want to get paid. But with their GM and HC they're in a good position.

But.... if LAK don't get a top 3 pick their pick goes to PHI.... and if PHI gets 2 of top 10 picks this draft..... I would bet on their future over BOS.

Bos definitely caught a break with the Bulls and Rondo injury but the Raps have been horrific playoff performers. This yr was no exception, they were awful. So awful the Raps are thinking of not giving Lowry all the money he's entitled to this summer.

Boston would best them in a 2nd round series with home court advantage no doubt. Boston still has more picks coming, so as some players may leave in free agency, if what comes in...is in the form of Jaylen Browns, their future is hella bright. They're at the top with the ability to build a team as if they were at the bottom. Their assets will remain in high demand as they continue winning

Philly's future is definitely bright but they have to "learn" to win and stay good, Boston doesn't

tiger0330

Legend

KMart said Melo shouldn't waive his NTC and he should consider going to the Wiz or the Blazers. I mentioned the Blazers as a destination for him but I doubt he's interested in going to Portland.

mafra

Legend
KMart said Melo shouldn't waive his NTC and he should consider going to the Wiz or the Blazers. I mentioned the Blazers as a destination for him but I doubt he's interested in going to Portland.

Knicks could theoretically sign Otto Porter to a poison pill RFA deal.... Wash doesn't want to match.... sign and trade On a deal centered around Lee and Melo for Porter and their 1st. Or, wink wink, NYK knows WAS won't match so they just release Melo.... can't see why melo wouldn't want to go back to his other home.

tiger0330

Legend
Knicks could theoretically sign Otto Porter to a poison pill RFA deal.... Wash doesn't want to match.... sign and trade On a deal centered around Lee and Melo for Porter and their 1st. Or, wink wink, NYK knows WAS won't match so they just release Melo.... can't see why melo wouldn't want to go back to his other home.
Great trade for the Knicks if PJ could pull it off but I don't think the Wiz would trade Porter for Melo. They want to build around that young core and Porter is part of it, better chance of the Wiz doing a Melo/Quinn for Mahinmi/Morris plus a 1st trade than getting Porter. I tried the trade on the ESPN trade machine and it works but according to Hollinger it makes us 10 games worse and the Wiz 3 games worse.

mafra

Legend
WAS may not have a choice.... if they decide they can't/won't match contract for RFA Porter..... they'd be willing to get something for a player on his way out the door anyway.... now, if they match a poison pill maxed out deal for Porter, then they won't have much money left for Melo anyway.

Wizards at 88 mil now (81 mil if OP turns down the QO).... so, if you load up on Year 1..... Wash basically has has no money to add any pieces (and we saw this year how they lack depth)....

tiger0330

Legend
GS destroying the Spurs. Warriors have 54 pts with 6 mins left in the 2nd. 10-14 from deep. Spurs don't have a chance tonight with Kawhi out.

Kiyaman

Legend
GS destroying the Spurs. Warriors have 54 pts with 6 mins left in the 2nd. 10-14 from deep. Spurs don't have a chance tonight with Kawhi out.

Yep .. coach Pop already knew he didnt have a win without Kawhi, so the Spurs ran a 11 man rotation resting the starters. Pop thinking long-term 7 games having a healthy Kawhi in Pop's 8 man rotation.

The 8th pick !!!
Not Bad .. we could still select PG Dennis SMITH ....
Sacramento Kings got the 5th pick and 10th pick plus have a $60M cap on July 1st.
Hint Phil

The Lottery remind me of the old-old NBA where the Boston Celtics and LA Lakers always came out on top lol .... The next 4 seasons of Boston Celtriks having a playmaker guard-rotation of .. Ball / IT / Bradley /and Smart ball-movement becoming the boss of the Atlantic Division the next 4 seasons .. AGGY !!!
Lakers Magic Johnson are going to select a PG .. Futz or Ball ???

tiger0330

Legend
You would think it was the Celts that had 9 days off, they're getting stomped by the Cavs in the 1st half. Warriors were rusty in the 1st half in game 1 against the Spurs but the Cavs look like a machine in game 1. Good coaching by Lue having them ready after that long layoff.

Celts need to win one of these at TD, there won't be a 2 down comeback like they did to the Bulls against the Cavs.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lebron-Lebron - 117
Boston Celtricks - 104
Lebron leads series 1-0

Last night the Celtricks brang a knife to a gun fight n loss miserably ..
Well, Isaiah did prove he's a much better playmaker n scorer than Kyrie Irving ..
1st draft pick vs 60th draft pick lmao
Boston guard rotation happen to be the toughest in the East having IT / Bradley / n Smart, the trio remind me of the 1990 Detroit Pistons Bad-Boys guard-rotation .. to bad they are clueless of stopping Lebron-Lebron.
It's unanimous the Wizards PG Wall has been the best 2-way PG in the East in 2016-17 season.
u think Wall will promote to the Wizard organization of getting Melo in the offseason???

tiger0330

Legend
Another Cavs sweep. I said it in the first post in this thread, I don't know how the Celtics won the EC over them. I think the Wiz match up better than Boston against them, I think Boston gets stomped if they get by the Wiz in the EC finals. The Wiz might take it to six.
Like I said Boston getting stomped at home. The crowd is stunned and booing the Celts. Cavs have a 41 pt lead at the half 72-31. There won't be any 2 down comebacks by the Celts against the Cavs. The reason I thought the Wiz were a better matchup was I thought the Cavs could stop IT's dribble penetration and Wall had a chance to score inside, IT has 2 pts so far.

Kiyaman

Legend
Like I said Boston getting stomped at home. The crowd is stunned and booing the Celts. Cavs have a 41 pt lead at the half 72-31. There won't be any 2 down comebacks by the Celts against the Cavs. The reason I thought the Wiz were a better matchup was I thought the Cavs could stop IT's dribble penetration and Wall had a chance to score inside, IT has 2 pts so far.

Wow! 41 pt halftime lead by Lebron-Lebron Cavs!
I think IT went home at halftime lol

I don't believe the Wiz would have done any better than the Celtricks, maybe down by 31 instead of 41 at the half .... Boston rotation has longer n stronger depth than the Wiz in the paint and on the perimeter .. I became curious of Boston wins to notice Boston ran a 9 to 10 man rotation throughout the regular season. Plus the Wiz Morris would show up for 3 straight games then disappear the next 3 games.

mafra

Legend
If BOS is smart they would trade both Horfors and IT.... with Lebron, they have no chance winning title in next 3 years.

With top pick this season and having Nets pick next year too....

Re-sign and keep Bradley, Smart, Olynk and draft Fultz or Ball, and along with Brown and top pick next year.... hope that's enough to be the top dawg after LJ retires.

tiger0330

Legend
If BOS is smart they would trade both Horfors and IT.... with Lebron, they have no chance winning title in next 3 years.

Re-sign and keep Bradley, Smart, Olynk and draft Fultz or Ball, and along with Brown and top pick next year.... hope that's enough to be the top dawg after LJ retires.
I've said I thought that IT was the 3rd best among the 3 guards the Suns had of Bledsoe, Dragon and IT. The reason his size, him being the best player for that Celts team at a generous 5'9" will never allow them to win a ring. He's a great story and a terrific player who has had a breakout year but if I were Ainge I'd consider selling high to get longer and more athletic at the position and getting some FC help in a trade for him.

Lebron is 32 and better now than he was a decade ago. He is a physical specimen unlike any the NBA has ever seen before. He could be dominant for another 6 years.

I think you trade that #1 overall pick in a package for Paul George, if at all possible.

Actually, just read online that Indiana turned down 4 1st round picks for George from Atlanta at the deadline. So maybe he's not an option for Boston no matter what.