Anthony Randolph-19 pts 10 boards

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
:beer::beer::beer::beer::beer::beer:

true or false, why you always keep picking on your team instead of chearing for it....
Randolph was a fool for somepeople and a star for others, he is gone, we got have MELO as a result....... what? Randolph and JJ were available and we picked JJ instead????

man, chear up, the knicks are back,

true or false, why you always keep picking on your team instead of chearing for it....
Randolph was a fool for somepeople and a star for others, he is gone, we got have MELO as a result....... what? Randolph and JJ were available and we picked JJ instead????

man, chear up, the knicks are back,

Not picking. I love the fact we got Melo. But it seems to me Randolph could do everything JJ can do and some. He just needed to be coached to do it. If he was coached up and was able to show his talent maybe we still have a Chandler or Gallo or Moz.

I'll continue to critique my team always. Whats the fun in rooting for a team if they cant do any wrong in your eyes?

I dont want to appear unhappy. I'm good with where we're going. We just arent there yet.

djak

Banned
Jared Jeffries is a joke on offense but he is almost perfect for this team right now. He gives them a defensive presence and he is good at staying out of the way on offense. It is annoying to see him miss a layup or any other stupidity that he does on the offensive end but he mostly manages to just stay out of the way.

petescud

Starter
Jeffries defense is what bought him back. He needs to just go up strong offensively and dunk or tip in to get his few points for his opportunities.

djak

Banned
There will come a time when Jeffries will have the ball in his hand and we need a bucket. I just hope he's able to come through...

With all the scoring ability on this team I don't see any reasonable situation where Jeffries has the ball when the Knicks NEED a bucket.

With all the scoring ability on this team I don't see any reasonable situation where Jeffries has the ball when the Knicks NEED a bucket.

It'll happen. Of course it wont be the plan but trust me it'll happen. Could be an offensive rebound, or some type of freak play.

djak

Banned
It'll happen. Of course it wont be the plan but trust me it'll happen. Could be an offensive rebound, or some type of freak play.

It might, but until someone comes along who can play D like him and is also competent on offense I will take what he brings to the table.

I hated him for years but now that there isn't really a need for points from his roster slot I think he is a good guy to have around.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Randolph will be the case study as why Mike D'antoni will need to go as Knicks Coach. This guy doesn't know talent, and he doesn't know how to coach period.

Randolph will be the case study as why Mike D'antoni will need to go as Knicks Coach. This guy doesn't know talent, and he doesn't know how to coach period.
Actually D'antoni has been teaching the team good defense lately, and the reason Randolph left was because he was a headcase and had a huge ego.

STAT1

Starter
Not picking. I love the fact we got Melo. But it seems to me Randolph could do everything JJ can do and some. He just needed to be coached to do it. If he was coached up and was able to show his talent maybe we still have a Chandler or Gallo or Moz.

I'll continue to critique my team always. Whats the fun in rooting for a team if they cant do any wrong in your eyes?

I dont want to appear unhappy. I'm good with where we're going. We just arent there yet.

I agree w/u 100% C&P, but I think we gotta just face facts, this coach of ours likes to play his favorites that's been his M.O. since he took this position. How else do you explain Chris Duhon & JJ Skinny getting huge minutes last year even throughout the team's horrible struggles over our youngsters that should have been getting their chance to develop in a rebuilding season? & then you got guys like Jonathan Bender getting minutes over our #8 lottery pick as if playing him really gave us a better chance to win games? Sometimes MDA makes decisions that go against the face of logic, & not ever giving AR a realistic shot to grow in this system could very well be 1 of them. Corey Brewer might end up being another. Hopefully this Derek Brown kid can do some things for us off the bench the rest of this season.

That said this team is in good shape roster wise the role players we got back in the Melo trade are better than most people ever gave them credit for being, they can all play & give us some solid depth off our bench. If AR had been given a chance maybe he could have been part of that depth, who knows. Probably not worth playing the woulda coulda shoulda game anyway, no one will ever have the answer to how good of a player AR could have become in this system. I wish him well in Minny but hopefully he doesn't turn out to be any good so it doesn't bite us later in the ass. ;)

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Anthony Randolph is a versatile player for sure. I wish he would have gotten some more playing time as he can really grab boards (which we desperately needed). He made some boneheaded plays (he is a knucklehead), but will grow better with time.

One thing I truly believe, however, is that he will never be as good of an individual defender as Jeffries. That is is all Jeffries does. He hustles on D and that is also something we need.

I think a team defensive strategy would bring Randolph up to speed on defense, but Jeffries is a magnificent individual defender and is a much quicker thinker than AR.

Right now we're doing well. We need to keep the defensive intensity up. There will be lapses, but we need to remain focused once play-off time comes.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Jeffries, right now, looks like a broke man's Scottie Pippen out there defensively. His help D and overall awareness are simply stellar. He's disruptive as hell and better now than when we previously had him. It's beautiful to watch frankly.

Forget the offense.. IMO there's absolutely no way Randolph could do what Jeffries is doing for us defensively. Fack Randolph.. Go Knicks!

STAT1

Starter
One thing I truly believe, however, is that he will never be as good of an individual defender as Jeffries. That is is all Jeffries does. He hustles on D and that is also something we need.

I don't agree with you. AR blocked 8 shots in a game once at the age of 20, I think he's got the ability to be another Marcus Camby w/the right tutorlage & patience to develop him in that role. He was never afforded that opportunity here. A big part of the reason why is that he envisions himself more as Lamar Odom than as a defensive role player like Camby was, which is a product of his youth. Once he matures & learns under the right coach & veteran teammates around him that can provide the type of leadership that he needs, he will become a very good player in this league. He's already shown many times the type of promise that had GM's drooling over his potential ever since he was drafted.

iSaYughh

Starter
Jeffries, right now, looks like a broke man's Scottie Pippen out there defensively. His help D and overall awareness are simply stellar. He's disruptive as hell and better now than when we previously had him. It's beautiful to watch frankly.

Forget the offense.. IMO there's absolutely no way Randolph could do what Jeffries is doing for us defensively. Fack Randolph.. Go Knicks!

Reminiscent of his days w WAS. I watched him a lot live.

Naturally, he insta-turned to refried donkey shit the moment he inked with us.

I agree w/u 100% C&P, but I think we gotta just face facts, this coach of ours likes to play his favorites that's been his M.O. since he took this position. How else do you explain Chris Duhon & JJ Skinny getting huge minutes last year even throughout the team's horrible struggles over our youngsters that should have been getting their chance to develop in a rebuilding season? & then you got guys like Jonathan Bender getting minutes over our #8 lottery pick as if playing him really gave us a better chance to win games? Sometimes MDA makes decisions that go against the face of logic, & not ever giving AR a realistic shot to grow in this system could very well be 1 of them. Corey Brewer might end up being another. Hopefully this Derek Brown kid can do some things for us off the bench the rest of this season.

That said this team is in good shape roster wise the role players we got back in the Melo trade are better than most people ever gave them credit for being, they can all play & give us some solid depth off our bench. If AR had been given a chance maybe he could have been part of that depth, who knows. Probably not worth playing the woulda coulda shoulda game anyway, no one will ever have the answer to how good of a player AR could have become in this system. I wish him well in Minny but hopefully he doesn't turn out to be any good so it doesn't bite us later in the ass. ;)

Yea, I agree. I'm trying to be diplomatic. There is no way letting go of young talented players with upside for aging vets that have reached their ceiling is good. AR vs JJ isnt even close. You cant tell me realistically that AR couldnt be coached to do what was needed to make this team better.

I guess we should be happy that MDA is at least playing some size now. Although the size is worse than what was on the team previously...