Anthony Randolph-19 pts 10 boards

skisloper

Starter
AR last night:

14pts 7rbs 2 asst 1 stl in 19 mins

JJ

Well you know the drill!!!

Who cares.....Randolph was used a part of the Melo trade....
Jeffries is making a difference on defense....
why is it even when we are winning do u guys seem to question all the moves...
Randolph took 13 shots yesterday.....he made 5.....

I'm slightly irritated that you still follow Randolph. He's not a Knick anymore and he will never be Garnett, Robinson or even Odom.

Forget about him :thumbsup:

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I'm slightly irritated that you still follow Randolph. He's not a Knick anymore and he will never be Garnett, Robinson or even Odom.

Forget about him :thumbsup:

I still follow Felton, Chandler and Gallo. They were players I liked. I hope the best for them. And hope their teams win every single game, except when playing the Knicks ;)

MusketeerX

Rotation player
So do I. Moz even got some burn last night and did well based on the box score...

Really? So upset I didn't watch it. I miss Mozgov. That was a bad decision to give him up. Now we learn that if we held our ground, and Nuggets traded Anthony to NJ, we would have still ended up with D-Will....

We really needed Mozgov to go against larger teams...

iSaYughh

Starter
I still follow Felton, Chandler and Gallo. They were players I liked. I hope the best for them. And hope their teams win every single game, except when playing the Knicks ;)

Except Gallo and Chandler were homegrown, multi-yr NYK fan favorites (even Raymond was a quick fan fave and team captain,

You don't start threads tracking their successes on other teams,

And on top of that you (likely) follow them to root for them and their success, and that's that,

Not to find some macabre way of sending spite and bitterness back on to your actual team.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Except Gallo and Chandler were homegrown, multi-yr NYK fan favorites (even Raymond was a quick fan fave and team captain,

And on top of that you (likely) follow them to root for them and their success, and that's that,

Not to find some macabre way of sending spite and bitterness back on to your actual team.

No one is doing the latter. This is a forum to discuss basketball and how it is related to the Knicks. Former Knicks doing well is worthy of discussion. Period.

Our team got what we wanted, but made some questionable moves all around. Brewer to not playing Randolph. That deserces analysis and scrutiny. At the end of the day we all love our tram, no matter eho iis on it, or who is coaching it.

We all just want what is best for team.

iSaYughh

Starter
No one is doing the latter.

Yes. Some(one) is. And it's obvious, though of course not provable and a matter of opinion.

You're selling yourself out by shuffling around, propping up and trying to give defense to every corner of the anti-MDA hemisphere, IMHO.

You made a mistake reaching too far in trying to equivocate and rationalize the obviousness of this thread and the OP's intentions, in spinning a yarn about ppl still following and liking Gallo/Chandler/Felton; after someone stated the obvious, and actually pretty mildly, about what this thread had it's continual growth is really about.

If there was a public poll, I would bet almost any sum of money in my possession, that 90+% of people would simply see the obviousness of this.

STAT1

Starter

I think a lot of the reason why people lament the loss of AR was only because they would have liked to see him get a chance before he was traded away, that's all. When you trade your best player David Lee in the offseason to acquire a young player who was widely regarded as having a huge upside potential & who our GM was high on you'd like to see him get a real chance to play, & I'm talking about alot more than just 1 game where he saw more than 12 minutes of NBA action while he was a Knick & the rest limited run play or garbage minutes. I don't think it's realistic to think any young player could show much of anything in that limited of a run, yet some guys expected him to be coming off the bench cold at the end of blowout losses & playing stellar defense or making terrific decisions with the basketball. It's not easy to do not even for seasoned veteran players.

For people posting on this thread I don't think there's any intention of spitting malice towards our own team for the sake of it, at least probably not for most people who were bothered by how AR was handled while he was a Knick. Now just because you don't care to stress over losing a player that MDA didn't think could contribute that doesn't mean other people that don't necessarily share in your point of view don't have the right to express their frustration over it, does it?

MusketeerX

Rotation player
I think a lot of the reason why people lament the loss of AR was only because they would have liked to see him get a chance before he was traded away, that's all. When you trade your best player David Lee in the offseason to acquire a young player who was widely regarded as having a huge upside potential & who our GM was high on you'd like to see him get a real chance to play, & I'm talking about alot more than just 1 game where he saw more than 12 minutes of NBA action while he was a Knick & the rest limited run play or garbage minutes. I don't think it's realistic to think any young player could show much of anything in that limited of a run, yet some guys expected him to be coming off the bench cold at the end of blowout losses & playing stellar defense or making terrific decisions with the basketball. It's not easy to do not even for seasoned veteran players.

For people posting on this thread I don't think there's any intention of spitting malice towards our own team for the sake of it, at least probably not for most people who were bothered by how AR was handled while he was a Knick. Now just because you don't care to stress over losing a player that MDA didn't think could contribute that doesn't mean other people that don't necessarily share in your point of view don't have the right to express their frustration over it, does it?

One awesome post. +1

iSaYughh

Starter
U

Lee was s&t'd. We just wanted cheap, maybe helpful, hopefully tradeable assets with short contracts. Amare was the true kickback from letting Lee go/trading him.

Neither here nor there tho. Tho I never put a ton of stock in AR getting a lotta burn from mda despite his skillset being a good fit - truthfully, and have was a castoff from GSW. I've always liked his game tho, but still.

'm honestly not referring to ppl posting in this thread. Just the op, and his posts within it. Yes there is merit to debating AR, of course, and there has been good discussion on it. But the real driving point behind this thread, and really the op's posts within it, is a seperate issue. And poisons /water downs the discussion.

STAT1

Starter
U

Lee was s&t'd. We just wanted cheap, maybe helpful, hopefully tradeable assets with short contracts. Amare was the true kickback from letting Lee go/trading him.

Neither here nor there tho. Tho I never put a ton of stock in AR getting a lotta burn from mda despite his skillset being a good fit - truthfully, and have was a castoff from GSW. I've always liked his game tho, but still.

'm honestly not referring to ppl posting in this thread. Just the op, and his posts within it. Yes there is merit to debating AR, of course, and there has been good discussion on it. But the real driving point behind this thread, and really the op's posts within it, is a seperate issue. And poisons /water downs the discussion.

I don't acknowledge Amare being the net product of that David Lee trade at all, we had well enough cap space to easily sign Amare regardless if we traded David Lee or not. We didn't free up any cap space this past summer by trading Lee, we took back guaranteed contracts that equalled his 1st year salary on his new deal. The only thing that was gained by trading Lee was supposedly a young up & comer with a big upside who had a shot at sticking around longterm, who for whatever reason MDA just didn't think was good enough to be a regular part of his rotation.

Sorry if I misread your intentions behind your last post I didn't get the part about the original poster I thought you were addressing to everyone who had a problem with the way AR was handled in NY.

iSaYughh

Starter
I don't acknowledge Amare being the net product of that David Lee trade at all, we had well enough cap space to easily sign Amare regardless if we traded David Lee or not. We didn't free up any cap space this past summer by trading Lee, we took back guaranteed contracts that equalled his 1st year salary on his new deal. The only thing that was gained by trading Lee was supposedly a young up & comer with a big upside who had a shot at sticking around longterm, who for whatever reason MDA just didn't think was good enough to be a regular part of his rotation.

Sorry if I misread your intentions behind your last post I didn't get the part about the original poster I thought you were addressing to everyone who had a problem with the way AR was handled in NY.

Ya no way. Was strictly talking about op. AR is a big mystery why he got benched like such a bitch. After Walsh and d'ant praised his skillset and hole he could fill after the trade. If he played and played legit its one less player, maybe more, we forfeit in Melo deal.

Here we go again. I said exactly what I meant in my OP. There's nothing clandestine about it.

I liked AR. Liked his game. Thought he could help this team. Heck many Knick fans thought the same. I'm sure Walsh thought so to. But the person that counts the most didn't. That would be MDA. So IMHO if this kid truly had nothing to offer it would show while he's with the Wolves. Keep in mind when he was healthy with GS he contributed and had some very nice games.

I dont like us giving up YOUNG players with tremendous upside. And anyone saying that AR couldnt give us what JJ gives us is insane. If you want the kid to concentrate on defense coach him up. Rebounding? Coach him up. Take a charge? Coach him up. What is it too much work for our coach? I'm sure if MDA TRIED to mold this kid it would have took.

As far as athletic ability and basketball skills JJ cant hold this kids jock. Like I said if he blows up I need a threepeat from this coach or get him outta here...

STAT1

Starter
Ya no way. Was strictly talking about op. AR is a big mystery why he got benched like such a bitch. After Walsh and d'ant praised his skillset and hole he could fill after the trade. If he played and played legit its one less player, maybe more, we forfeit in Melo deal.

Personally I think it's a shame AR never got anything more than 1 game of over 12 minutes of action in any games he played for the Knicks. In 5 games he's played for Minny where he's exceeded 12 minutes of action he's averaged 11 pts, 6 rebounds & 1 block per game in 20 minutes per game, pretty much in line with his season's average from last year. For fans of this team or for the coach to expect him to somehow be playing like a seasoned pro in SSOL in the limited run he got is very unrealistic. I think he's shown he can produce when given the minutes.

STAT1

Starter
I dont like us giving up YOUNG players with tremendous upside. And anyone saying that AR couldnt give us what JJ gives us is insane.

Completely agreed on that point. This notion that Jeffries helps us win more games than AR can never fails to puzzle me, I have no idea what guys are basing this on. Jeffries was averaging 28 minutes a game on the Knicks last year where our record was 19W - 33L in those games, what makes anyone think he gives us a better chance to win than AR does? For as long as JJ has been a Knick we've been a horrible basketball team as well, so making an argument that AR can only contribute on a losing team goes against any logic as to why anyone should prefer Jared Jeffries instead. For my money I'd rather have a player that can put up the numbers AR has been able to put up even in losses over a player like Jeffries who regularly puts up some of the saddest looking statlines I've ever seen in the amount of minutes he's on the floor & let the win come as it may.

Again, I'm not arguing that we shouldn't have traded AR he was a necessary piece to get Melo to NY, but I do take exception to how he was handled while he was a Knick I think he should have gotten more than just 1 game where he was given any appreciable amount of minutes in a game when DW was so high on him to acquire him to begin with.