i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

New York Knicks
Miami Heat
Immanuel Quickley - Sprained left ankle (DOUBT)Jimmy Butler - Sprained right ankle (QUEST)
Jalen Brunson - Sore right ankle (DAY-2-DAY)Caleb Martin - Back contusion (QUEST)
Jericho Sims - Sore right shoulder (OUT)Haywood Highsmith - Left knee tendinitis (PROB)
-Udonis Haslem - Stomach illness (PROB)
-Victor Oladipo - Patellar tendon surgery (OUT)
-Tyler Herro - Broken right hand (OUT)

Game Preview

The New York Knicks and Miami Heat in the playoffs -- a shoving match, tight defense, poor offense ...

What's this, the 1990s?

It feels like it.

The Miami Heat lead the New York Knicks 2-1 in their best-of-seven Eastern Conference semifinal series. Game 4 is set for Miami on Monday night.

These two teams met in the playoffs for four straight years, from 1997-2000. Those games were tightly contested slugfests, and there was a little bit of that flavor in Game 3 on Saturday as Miami won 105-86.

The Heat prevailed despite shooting just 38.9 percent from the floor and 21.9 percent on 3-pointers (7-for-32).

"To win by half a point, one point, 20 points ..." Heat guard Kyle Lowry said. "It's about winning the game, however it happens."

To tie the series on Monday night, the Knicks likely will need to shoot much better than they did on Saturday, when they made just 34.1 percent, including 20.0 percent on 3-pointers (8-for-40).

In addition, the Knicks who never led, were outscored in the paint 50-36 on Saturday. They were outrebounded 50-48.

The Knicks on Monday will try to slow down forward Jimmy Butler, who has scored at least 25 points in nine straight playoff games.

Butler missed Game 2 in this series due to a sprained right ankle. New York won 111-105. In the two games he has played, he is averaging 26.5 points, 7.5 rebounds and 3.5 assists.

"You can't put an analytic to it," Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said of Butler's presence. "It's the confidence level your team has that you can always get the ball to him, and you will get something efficient."

New York's Josh Hart has drawn the defensive assignment of guarding Butler. Hart has worked hard, but he hasn't been able to keep Butler out of the paint or off the foul line.

In his two games, Butler has gotten to the foul line 22 times, making 19 free throws (86.4 percent). In addition, he has shot 45.9 percent on 2-pointers (17-of-37).

Butler is also 0-for-3 on 3-point attempts, but nobody on the Heat is complaining.

The Knicks may have another issue as Immanuel Quickley left Saturday's game due to a left ankle injury. Quickley averaged 14.9 points in the regular season, finishing second in the voting for NBA Sixth Man of the Year.

"(My ankle) hurt a lot," said Quickley, who added he doesn't know if he will play on Monday. "It's a little sore."

Another problem for New York on Saturday was the poor shooting of its top three stars as Julius Randle, Jalen Brunson and RJ Barrett combined to make 16-for-51 overall, including 2-for-17 on 3-pointers.

In addition, Miami center Bam Adebayo dominated his two Knicks counterparts. Adebayo had 17 points and 12 rebounds in 36 minutes on Saturday. Mitchell Robinson and Isaiah Hartenstein combined for two points and eight rebounds in 40 minutes.

"He was more physical," Hartenstein said of Adebayo. "(Miami) got all the 50-50 balls. We were always a step slow."

To have a chance on Monday, the Knicks will have to get back to their Game 2 form, when they shot 40 percent on 3-pointers (16-for-40).

"Hopefully, we can get back on the right track," Randle said of Monday's game. "Hopefully, we can make some shots and get a win."

--Field Level Media

( STATS / cbssports.com )

jimkcchief88

All Star
Turnovers killing us but JR shooting better and RJ and JB showed as well a Knicks fortunate to only be down a couple buckets moving towards the end of the first quarter. Why is Quinten Grimes in the starting lineup instead of Josh Hart?

mafra

Legend
Once again, MIA reserves running our reserves out the building. Robinson swishes 3s, while OBI airballs them. Heat build an 8 point lead with Butler resting.

mafra

Legend
Knicks can’t score. Can’t hit a FT. Thibbs has no answers for offensive adjustments. A shame. Knicks losing this series in 5 games folks. If a miracle happens, they’ll make it to Game 6 and lose by 19.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Miami is knocking down 3’s while our Knicks can’t even make free throws. With Jimmy Buckets in the lineup Miami just looks to be too much. We have a couple semi-stars while the Heat has a superstar. And Kyle Lowry is worth our entire bench combined. Gonna need a miracle:(.

mafra

Legend
Randle not passing, RJ not impactful…. 17-6 advantage for MIA bench. 10 turnovers for Knicks. Unless Randle catches fire and Brunson goes off… it’s 3-1 MIA and season pretty much over. game 5 or 6 won’t matter… matter of when Heat finish them off. They want it more… they are more physical and Knicks don’t seem prepared for the intensity.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 48 - Heats 56
RUFF RUFF first half for the Knicks
Randle's 18 minutes were awful not passing on offense, and to slow on defense
The bench was awful once they slowed down the pace of the ball and stopped ball movement
If we pickup on DEFENSE and speed the pace of the game in the 2nd half we got a win in Miami
Knicks were 6-15 on 3's

Kiyaman

Legend
Oh Yeah! Happy Birthday Grimes u are allowed to score 30 pts tonight ..
Randle let Bam threw the lane for a Dunk

Kiyaman

Legend
We should be picking/screening Butler off of Barrett to score over Struss & Vincent
The Miami Heats ball-movement is keeping them in the lead

mafra

Legend
Knicks make 10 of first 12 shots… doesn’t matter…. Still down 8. Heat have an answer for everything. They are passing and sharing and shifting defense until they find open shot. Knicks pounding ball dribbling and going 1 on 3… too many turnovers. Then when we take open 3 to stop MIA run… brick. Miami 8-15 this Q.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks shooting 71% on dribble-dribble 1 on 1 ball and still can't get the lead over Heats 51% shooting

mafra

Legend
Every time KNicks get close MIA answers. Seems like Knicks have trailed wire to wire in all 4 games. Heat clearly the better team.