Hartenstein going to the OKC Thunder for $30M per

Kiyaman

Legend
Hartenstein signing with the West Coast 2 seed team OKC Thunder.
Where the tax bracket in the state are two to three times lower than NY state.
$30M for 3 years .. Man, can't fault a guy for turning that down...
That's twice the $$$ he was gonna get from the Knicks.
"Hartenstein & Holmgrem"

Isaiah Hartenstein is leaving the Knicks after agreeing to a three-year, $87 million deal with the Oklahoma City Thunder.

“NYC thank you for taking my family in and making my time there so special. Every time I went out on the court I always gave it my all for the city and I felt the love right back. NYC will always have a special place in my heart. All love,” Hartenstein wrote on Instagram.

Kiyaman

Legend
Precious Achiuwa .. has been receiving interest from several contending teams, but he is still open to returning to the Knicks, according to SNY's NBA Insider Ian Begley.
Precious Achiuwa averaged 7.6 points and 7.2 rebounds while shooting 52 percent from the field, and he started 18 of the 49 games he appeared in down the stretch for Tom Thibodeau's squad.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I want to see how IHart will perform out of our system, I felt he was special due to the system we play in. Not taking away any of his talents or powers, but I am just saying his talents were augmented in our system. it is a pity we couldn't retain him.....
It used to be Mitch as our number one option till he got injured.... will Mitch comeback to his strong self this season?

Hey Dragon you bring up a very good point about Hartenstein and the Knicks system.
Now apply that to Frank and Knox. These players weren’t given a chance to succeed. Another group drafted them and they couldn’t be given a path to success.

Let’s hope they sign Precious.

where is Knox and frank today ?

Dragon I do agree with you .
Knox was on a D-league team after being cut by Portland(I think).
Frank has sign oversea with another team.

Now Your Point is WHAT??
Go back to what Dragon said about the team system. If you may recall, and go look at the film, Frank job was to bring the ball to half court and pass it off. CORRECT... look at the film!! You pay a 150 million dollar for a PG to do what a PG should do and that is run the offense!!
**We are talking about how the F.O. and Thib's structure the offense for some to look good and other not to be productive. Look at the film.

Do I need to talk about Knox??

If you aren't piss off you should be if you are a True Knick fan and no something about BB.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Based on that Hartenstein being signed by OKC is a mistake for OKC?

I do not like how the Knicks handled Frank and Knox but let's face it when they moved on to other teams they never shined. Are you telling me the Knicks have the power to ruin young players and then they are done ? I think that's silly.

We are yet to see the Knicks next season. Why not just wait and see what haeppens......

Kiyaman

Legend
Recall .. Hartenstein's first season as a Knicks. had a terrible inconsistent performance from October to February.
Why? Our Knicks HC Tibbs kept changing the lineups and rotation each game, until February.
Taking veteran player Fournier out of the starter lineup after 14 games to go straight into the DNP Dog-House.
Starting the season having veteran star Derrick Rose on a 6 minutes of playing time per game before locking Rose in the DNP Dog-house in the middle of November.
Plus giving Obi Toppin and Cam Reddish playing-time every other game.

Hartenstein's chemistry performance became consistent when put in the same lineup (2nd qtr.) every game alongside Toppin, Barrett, Quickley, and the Feb. trade Josh Hart vocal defense leadership on the court .. 9 game win streak.
The Knicks 2nd unit lineup outscored & out played 8 out of 10 of every Knicks opponents the remainder of the regular season.
Our 2nd unit performance was so good, it made Mitch & Grimes step up their defense performance each game in the starter lineup.
Our Knicks opponents didn't know witch of the Knicks duo stopped them from the win in the 4th quarter of the game .... Mitch & Grimes? Or Hartenstein & Josh Hart?

Ski, team organization have a vested interest in the success of players THEY DRAFT AND TRADE FOR. You are dealing with EGO'S that are as large as Yankee Stadium. They only care about their players and their success, period. The teams Frank and Knox went to owes them nothing and they are trying to prove they know what they are doing with draftee and trades.
Unfortunately the league has turn away from competition to entertainment. Example - How did RJ win not one but two starting positions preseason of his rookie year? The only rookie I know in history to do that... if you believe it.
So if your sponsors are by chance on the team you were traded too then you may have a chance.

Hope you understand what is at play... Think it silly... think about Frank, then think about the people that drafted him is gone/fired and there is no one there to protect him. Just think about the player they bought in to mentor Frank.... J. Jack a journeyman to show him how to run the PG in the NBA... Seriously!!

You wait and see what happens.... I can't be a part of this... As much as I love the Knicks I can't be a part of this madness.

Kiyaman

Legend
Ski, team organization have a vested interest in the success of players THEY DRAFT AND TRADE FOR. You are dealing with EGO'S that are as large as Yankee Stadium. They only care about their players and their success, period. The teams Frank and Knox went to owes them nothing and they are trying to prove they know what they are doing with draftee and trades.
Unfortunately the league has turn away from competition to entertainment. Example - How did RJ win not one but two starting positions preseason of his rookie year? The only rookie I know in history to do that... if you believe it.
So if your sponsors are by chance on the team you were traded too then you may have a chance.

Hope you understand what is at play... Think it silly... think about Frank, then think about the people that drafted him is gone/fired and there is no one there to protect him. Just think about the player they bought in to mentor Frank.... J. Jack a journeyman to show him how to run the PG in the NBA... Seriously!!

You wait and see what happens.... I can't be a part of this... As much as I love the Knicks I can't be a part of this madness.

Wsup Dark, todays NBA is bad .. In our previous NBA season their were 12 teams u didn't want to be drafted to, mainly bc of the teams poor-poor coaching-staff.
Should Monty Williams be fired for having a 14-68 record season as Detroit Pistons HC?
The previous season Pistons had a 17 win season, and a 23 win season before that?
Yep!
Teams that had 10 more wins than the Pistons, their performance were actually on the same level as the Pistons.
Today's NBA .. reminds me of when I was kid playing a full court game, and having to pick one or two of my friends that have no skills dribbling the ball, so you tell them to move around on the perimeter on the offensive end and look to take catch n shoot jump-shots .. That's today's NBA !!!

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Knox, Frank, Cam.... and others, they all had a shot to prove themselves, but they were very limited. For these, we can't blame it on the Knicks, cause as Ski stated, when they moved to other teams, they didn't do anything too. You can blame FO if you have a case like Brunson where he was not handled properly in Dallas and proved to be a superstar in NY.
For me, I like that Tom demand full dedication and grit for a player to crack the rotation, notice that this is our identity now (grit) which i am very happy with. it wins games, it outperform better opponents..... Thibs might need some new ideas in offence, but he compensate with the whole system he runs. I might be old school, I don't like run and gun teams, i don't like centers hoisting threes like crazy..... I like fight in the game, i like defense and well earned baskets ....... I like the idea of a team, not a bunch of players who are playing for the money only with no loyalty or sense of belonging.... and for me, Thibs backed up by the FO checks all my boxes......

Where did you get that Brunson was not handled properly at Dallas??
The Mavericks offense ran so much better when Luka was out. Brunson and Frank ran the offense… the ball move around the court.

Dragon, tell me when you saw Frank run the Knicks offense like a PG should???
You can’t!!

Tell everyone in this forum ‘What the Knicks did to improve on Knox rookie year??
Remember “he was given a chance”… that a lie!!

When have you ever seen Thib’s do any real coaching??? You read Kiya and my post on Mike Miller coaching. Thib’s has done nothing close to that.

Thib’s might need some new offense ideas… that an under statement.

You ain’t ‘old school’ that what you posted about F.O. and there handling of Frank and Knox ain’t old school because you would be looking at competition and not entertainment.
**And if you took time to really look at the team… (since you are old school).., then you would have been jumping up and down…, raising hell about RJ. being on the floor and not Knox….If you were ‘old school’.

“New Identity” Grit!! When has it won us(you and I) a championship??
See the last time we had a real identity we won championships… not talk about having an identity. If you need me tell what it was… I can.

“Thib’s backed up by F.O.” Maybe you miss KP winning a championship. They will say or do anything to try to look like they know what they are doing. That light that went out at the end of tunnel was our hope that could have won us a championship. It out …. So how do we win a championship?? Know any players who can ‘move the needle’ and also ‘transformative’??

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Again, forget the Knicks, show me what Frank, Knox and others did when they left the Knicks. let's accept your theory, that the knicks didn't develop them, fine... now where are they after they left? Why did the knicks give a chance to RJ, Quick and Grimes? are they related to Thibs or something?

do any knicks fan wants Frank and Knox back in our team? Hell, do any NBA fan ask for Frank and Knox to be on their teams?

Brunson wasn't handled properly in terms of keeping a superstar and not letting him go.

If Mike Miller is so great, why no NBA team is giving him a chance? some NBA teams were disparate for coaches, yet, his name didn't popup.

I am old school (believe it or not), and because of that I used to love RJ, for me he used to fight, he is not a quitter, and gives his best. There is no way anybody on earth who can compare RJ to Knox.... i mean how can you do this comparison.....Knox is a super bust....

What does KP winning a championship has to do with our FO? did you want to keep KP? he bounced around several teams since that day, are they all having bad FO since he won a championship with Boston?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Boston was winning a championship with or without KP.
Replace any Knick with KP and Boston is winning a championship.

Boston was winning a championship with or without KP.
Replace any Knick with KP and Boston is winning a championship.
Ski, are you serious or just saying something to be saying it???
I certainly hope you are just joking 🙃!

Fact of the matter…. Again Fact not speculation…. Bolton won a championship with the Knicks KP ‘light at the end of the tunnel’. FACT!!
Ok, if what you say is true about any Knick on Boston.
Then where is the Knicks championship?? Knicks have championship players according to YOU.,,, so where or when is the Knicks championships??

Don’t say stuff just to be saying and again I hope you were playing.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Knox, Frank, Cam.... and others, they all had a shot to prove themselves, but they were very limited. For these, we can't blame it on the Knicks, cause as Ski stated, when they moved to other teams, they didn't do anything too. You can blame FO if you have a case like Brunson where he was not handled properly in Dallas and proved to be a superstar in NY.
For me, I like that Tom demand full dedication and grit for a player to crack the rotation, notice that this is our identity now (grit) which i am very happy with. it wins games, it outperform better opponents..... Thibs might need some new ideas in offence, but he compensate with the whole system he runs. I might be old school, I don't like run and gun teams, i don't like centers hoisting threes like crazy..... I like fight in the game, i like defense and well earned baskets ....... I like the idea of a team, not a bunch of players who are playing for the money only with no loyalty or sense of belonging.... and for me, Thibs backed up by the FO checks all my boxes......

Knox & Frank had the same amount of bad flaws in their performance as Randle & Barrett's had in their flawed performance when they joined the Knicks. Both players were given the opportunity to clean up their flawed performance by receiving all 12 minutes of playing time in the first quarter their first two seasons as Knicks.
Which lead to opponents outscoring the Knicks in the first quarter 80% of the time for two seasons.
Randle & Barrett averaging 35 minutes of playing time throughout their first two seasons as Knicks.
And young Players Knox & Frank & Cam stayed in the DNP Dog-House receiving garbage-time minutes throughout their rookie contract on the Knicks. The same treatment as Deuce McBride & Jericho Sims been receiving the past 3 seasons as a Knicks.
In some seasons we would watch 3 to 4 months of Knicks ball without seeing Frank, Knox, Cam, McBride, Jericho Sims, and Fournier in the Knicks games rotation.

As for Brunson averaging 23 minute of playing time off the bench for 4 straight seasons as a Mavs.
It was obvious, coach Rick Carlisle, and coach Jason Kidd are ball-movement coaches that have a ball-movement playmaker, that knows all the players in the rotation plays a much better performance when able to get more than a couple of shot attempts per game.
PG Brunson average 3 assist a game for four seasons as a Mavs. Forever stopping Lukas ball-movement offense.
The Dallas Mavs made it to the Finals having the best running ball-movement and alley-oop scoring in the West Coast. Let's be real, the Mavs team wouldn't have made it that far having a shoot-first PG Brunson.

Again, forget the Knicks, show me what Frank, Knox and others did when they left the Knicks. let's accept your theory, that the knicks didn't develop them, fine... now where are they after they left? Why did the knicks give a chance to RJ, Quick and Grimes? are they related to Thibs or something?

do any knicks fan wants Frank and Knox back in our team? Hell, do any NBA fan ask for Frank and Knox to be on their teams?

Brunson wasn't handled properly in terms of keeping a superstar and not letting him go.

If Mike Miller is so great, why no NBA team is giving him a chance? some NBA teams were disparate for coaches, yet, his name didn't popup.

I am old school (believe it or not), and because of that I used to love RJ, for me he used to fight, he is not a quitter, and gives his best. There is no way anybody on earth who can compare RJ to Knox.... i mean how can you do this comparison.....Knox is a super bust....

What does KP winning a championship has to do with our FO? did you want to keep KP? he bounced around several teams since that day, are they all having bad FO since he won a championship with Boston?
Ok again, let’s take Knox. He average over 12 points a game his rookie season. That’s not raising hell but it decent. Most team look to improve that player productivity because of what he showed. Most Team!! That didn’t happen, Why??
Change of FO and new draft pick at the position that Knox is playing.
Ok, why would you draft at the same position you have a rookie with a good year?
KEEP IN MINE YOU ARE BUILDING A TEAM!! Does that make sense??
You don’t unless you don’t know a damn thing about 1. Talent 2. How to build a championship team 3. You have dug a big hole with promises that you can’t fulfill.
ARE STILL WITH ME OR DO I NEED TO SLOW DOWN??
Now if you watch RJ rookie season and you know how to judge and evaluate talent. We would not be having this conversation about Knox playing. You say you ‘old school’ this says you not. RJ defense was nothing short of Horrible.

Now if you understand the above statement. Then “why would Knicks FO give RJ, Q and Grime chance” . They had to show they know about the 3 things I stated above. Again, they have very large egos. Ever deal with people like that??
The Knicks is your team then Know Your Team!!

As I said in another post about Frank and Knox and other teams. Those teams have no vested interests in either. Knox from what I saw and watched played good at both Detroit and Portland. Frank at Dallas played very good along side of Brunson not Luka. The Mav’s offense ran very smoothly oppose the Luka.

Dallas mishandled Brunson Superstar. Again do you know talent?? When did Brunson become a superstar?? Certainly not on Dallas… he showed he was a good player. So tell me when did he become a superstar on Dallas because if so then it was no need to get Irving, huh?

Ok lastly, KP and the Knicks FO. This shows you are a fringe fan at best. The significance of this Scenario is Vital to the current state of the Knicks. This was about Right and Wrong, who knows talent, who how to build a team, etc.
As I stated we have no championship since KP was traded. He does!!
Do you want a championship or do want to play around like you know what you are doing?

mafra

Legend
The Knicks are now approximately $16.8 million below the second apron.

Thus, they’ll have enough cap space to re-sign Precious Achiuwa and will still have access to the $5.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception (to add depth at center)

Job well done my Leon Rose, cap-guru Brock Aller and the rest of NY’s front office.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Ski, are you serious or just saying something to be saying it???
I certainly hope you are just joking 🙃!

Fact of the matter…. Again Fact not speculation…. Bolton won a championship with the Knicks KP ‘light at the end of the tunnel’. FACT!!
Ok, if what you say is true about any Knick on Boston.
Then where is the Knicks championship?? Knicks have championship players according to YOU.,,, so where or when is the Knicks championships??

Don’t say stuff just to be saying and again I hope you were playing.
Dark maybe I don't understand. Are you saying without KP Celtics don't win the title ?