Hartenstein going to the OKC Thunder for $30M per

Sky .. It was a Strong Take-Over .. Jalen Brunson and his Pops were able to take-control of the offensive-end and defensive-end of the court, once they got Hart & Donte onto the Knicks, and Barrett & Quickley & Grimes off the Knicks.
It became easy to take the Knicks ball out of the hands of captain Randle without Barrett, Quickley, and Grimes in the rotation.
Hartenstein and the new player OG became neutral of the take-over, and both players chose the FA market to find a better team.
And Jalen Brunson and his Pops found a way to trade for Mikal on draft night, incase FA OG goes to the next NBA team. The Knicks now have 4 players in their rotation from the Villanova championship team.
The West #1 Seed OKC Thunder team gave Hartenstein a offer sheet he couldn't refuse.
What you think about Johnny Bryant leaving for Cleveland? Do you think that will play a roll in the team success?

OKC is reported to be giving a larger roll than what the Knicks offer in the offense.

Kiya, have you any knowledge of the kid Eboni Bates? He was a High School sensation a few year back and projected to be the #1 pick. He is with Cleveland and they didn't offer him a contract and he is a FA. They were bring him along slowly from what I saw of the games I watched. A very good scorer from what I saw in his limited time on the floor. Just thinking that might be a good investment for the Knicks.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dark .. I believe the Cleveland Cavs would've been a top 5 or 4 team in the East by now, if they never traded for Donovan Mitchell.
The Cavs had put together a young strong frontline of Jarrett, Mobley, Markkanen, and an experience player/coach Love rotation that had the Cavs two PG Garland & Rubio combining together for 16 Dimes each game in the rotation.
Rubio injury took him out the NBA, but Rubio pass-first performance showed the Cavs what they needed to build a consistent winning team. They did not need a shoot-first PG or SG in their starter lineup.
If the Cavs hire Johnny Bryant, they better also hire Quinn too, or they won't have much success just hiring Donovan's old Jazz coach Bryant.

And Emoni Bates are just one of several 2nd round picks that's exploding in the Summer League tournament.
I'm waiting for Saturday to watch the 23 yr old pass-first PG Tyler Kolek we got in the 2nd round.

The #1 West seed team OKC Thunder missing piece in the playoffs were another complimentary big man to play alongside, and backup Holmgrem. And Hartenstein performance is that player.
OKC Thunder head coach Mark Daigneault coaches 10 times better than Tibbs in preparing for regular-season games, and postseason series.
Hartenstein will be in a 9 to 11 man game rotation throughout next season 82 games.
Do OKC look like one of the Top 3 contender teams in the West next season?

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dark I do hear all that your saying.

I do see success so far in what's now called the Nova 3 and now 4.
How will randle fit it to all this well I hope well.

As for a Team Leader I absolutely agree. The Knicks have not had a team leader in over a decade.

I am hoping the Grit that we have seen last season will continue and that's it

Dark .. I believe the Cleveland Cavs would've been a top 5 or 4 team in the East by now, if they never traded for Donovan Mitchell.
The Cavs had put together a young strong frontline of Jarrett, Mobley, Markkanen, and an experience player/coach Love rotation that had the Cavs two PG Garland & Rubio combining together for 16 Dimes each game in the rotation.
Rubio injury took him out the NBA, but Rubio pass-first performance showed the Cavs what they needed to build a consistent winning team. They did not need a shoot-first PG or SG in their starter lineup.
If the Cavs hire Johnny Bryant, they better also hire Quinn too, or they won't have much success just hiring Donovan's old Jazz coach Bryant.

And Emoni Bates are just one of several 2nd round picks that's exploding in the Summer League tournament.
I'm waiting for Saturday to watch the 23 yr old pass-first PG Tyler Kolek we got in the 2nd round.

The #1 West seed team OKC Thunder missing piece in the playoffs were another complimentary big man to play alongside, and backup Holmgrem. And Hartenstein performance is that player.
OKC Thunder head coach Mark Daigneault coaches 10 times better than Tibbs in preparing for regular-season games, and postseason series.
Hartenstein will be in a 9 to 11 man game rotation throughout next season 82 games.
Do OKC look like one of the Top 3 contender teams in the West next season?
I agree with your assessment of Cav’s in the case of D. Mitchell. I’m glad the Knicks didn’t trade for him because he doesn’t fit just like Brunson.
Cav’s front liine and backcourt was EC contender without D. Mitchell.
Edy was impressive in his debut in summer league. Looks like Memphis made a good pick.
Don’t expect much from Tyler Kolek.

OKC is moving in the right direction. Guess who is flying under the radar…. Spur’s!! Don’t understand why Pop wanted Paul unless to mentor a younger player PG. Memphis with Edy and the return of Ja could be very interesting.

Dark I do hear all that your saying.

I do see success so far in what's now called the Nova 3 and now 4.
How will randle fit it to all this well I hope well.

As for a Team Leader I absolutely agree. The Knicks have not had a team leader in over a decade.

I am hoping the Grit that we have seen last season will continue and that's it
Every team I known that been a winner had a leader vocally or just silent. Those that are silent there present on the floor is inspirational for the other players. Micheal Beasley was that type of player. When you needed a basket he could get it for you. When you walking off and on the court from a team has punched you in the face they look at him. Those are special players that have to be handled correctly. The garden use to chat MVP when Beas was on the Team.

Don’t see what you see at all. Wish I could.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
let me ask you this.........For this question lets assume we find a center to replace Hartensteins minutes/ Robinson.

do you not think a healthy Knicks Team and now with the addition of Bridges would have made it to the eastern conference finals ?

I absolutely do and think they would have competed with the Celtics.

Remember IHart had some chemistry with the current team. That Gone!
Another center will not have that.

No don’t because things lined up just right for Knicks last year even with the injuries. Other teams are getting better just like what you see with the Knicks. Philly, Bucks, Cav’s, Heat and not to mention the champions.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
so you are thinking last seasons was an anomaly. As I mentioned on my original post I am not sure if last season was a fluke or not.
I am going to be hopeful it was not.

Again, things went right for the Knicks thru all of injuries. I know now that IHart and Burks are gone and possibly Precious.
Chemistry and timing place a roll in championship season.
The the Knicks have typically been a bad luck team. Last year was the exception.
Do they have personal to overcome issues this year?

mafra

Legend
Remember, when New York added Brunson, they were fresh off a 37-win campaign. It was the 17th time they finished below .500 over the first 21 years of the 21st century. The Knicks lost more games than any other team in the NBA during that span.

Phil Jax destroyed the organization so badly that even 5 years after his departure, the Knicks were still mired in mediocrity.

A Horrifying Timeline of Everything Phil Jackson Did in 39 Months With the Knicks​

Documenting how a historic, moribund franchise descended to even lower depths in just three years

If you want to vomit, have a stroll down memory lane and revisit what P-Jax 2014-2017. It’s scary.

Leon Rose has crushed the last 2 years tho… and now, finally, the Knicks are on the cusp and enter the 2024-2025 season as actual title contenders! Let’s go!

Kiyaman

Legend
Remember, when New York added Brunson, they were fresh off a 37-win campaign. It was the 17th time they finished below .500 over the first 21 years of the 21st century. The Knicks lost more games than any other team in the NBA during that span.

Phil Jax destroyed the organization so badly that even 5 years after his departure, the Knicks were still mired in mediocrity.

A Horrifying Timeline of Everything Phil Jackson Did in 39 Months With the Knicks​

Documenting how a historic, moribund franchise descended to even lower depths in just three years

If you want to vomit, have a stroll down memory lane and revisit what P-Jax 2014-2017. It’s scary.

Leon Rose has crushed the last 2 years tho… and now, finally, the Knicks are on the cusp and enter the 2024-2025 season as actual title contenders! Let’s go!

President Walsh 2010 plan had the Knicks tank 2 previous seasons (2008-9) emptying the roster of players for cap-space for the 2010 super-star FA. Walsh F up trading David Lee, and owner Dolan took the helm and traded for Carmelo Anthony on February deadline. giving Denver half of the Knicks rotation players.

Dictator Carmelo Anthony performance forced the Knicks to change 2 presidents/ 3 general managers/ and 5 head coaches/plus change half the Knicks roster of players each season he was a Knicks.
The only way owner Dolan was going to get Melo to resign with the Knicks was to hire a retired HOF HC Phil Jackson as Knicks president ($5M per), so Melo could not say no to a top 5 NBA HOF.
Phil and Melo twitters told us how much they liked each other.

Interim president Mills took over, and at the time the Knicks were a train wreck.
The Knicks had cap to sign 1 or 2 star FA during Melo's era, but no star FA would sign, especially FA (starter) PG after the LinSanity, and Jason Kidd season as Knicks.
Mills had to trade Melo, and then in Feb. trade a season-injury KP that didn't step foot on the court.
And Mills was replaced by a sports scout Leon Rose.

When Knicks change management 80% of the roster change within a season, when Knicks change HC 60 to 70% of the roster of players are change within a season.
Example, a season ago we fired GM Scott and look at all the player changes today to the Knicks roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
let me ask you this.........For this question lets assume we find a center to replace Hartensteins minutes/ Robinson.

do you not think a healthy Knicks Team and now with the addition of Bridges would have made it to the eastern conference finals ?

I absolutely do and think they would have competed with the Celtics.

When was the last time HC Thibs coached a conference final?
Villanova offense and Thibs (so-call) defense are not making it to a conference final.
Props to coach Rick Brunson for getting us to the 2nd round twice in a row.
Hartenstein & Precious did carry us on their back from February to May !!!

Last edited:
President Walsh 2010 plan had the Knicks tank 2 previous seasons (2008-9) emptying the roster of players for cap-space for the 2010 super-star FA. Walsh F up trading David Lee, and owner Dolan took the helm and traded for Carmelo Anthony on February deadline. giving Denver half of the Knicks rotation players.

Dictator Carmelo Anthony performance forced the Knicks to change 2 presidents/ 3 general managers/ and 5 head coaches/plus change half the Knicks roster of players each season he was a Knicks.
The only way owner Dolan was going to get Melo to resign with the Knicks was to hire a retired HOF HC Phil Jackson as Knicks president ($5M per), so Melo could not say no to a top 5 NBA HOF.
Phil and Melo twitters told us how much they liked each other.

Interim president Mills took over, and at the time the Knicks were a train wreck.
The Knicks had cap to sign 1 or 2 star FA during Melo's era, but no star FA would sign, especially FA (starter) PG after the LinSanity, and Jason Kidd season as Knicks.
Mills had to trade Melo, and then in Feb. trade a season-injury KP that didn't step foot on the court.
And Mills was replaced by a sports scout Leon Rose.

When Knicks change management 80% of the roster change within a season, when Knicks change HC 60 to 70% of the roster of players are change within a season.
Example, a season ago we fired GM Scott and look at all the player changes today to the Knicks roster.
Kiya, thank you for educating those of us who will listen. There are those who can’t listen and learn because it would show their lack of knowledge in BB (not mention Real BB) and Talent from their pass posts.
See they have to blame someone else for the current state of affairs. With no slogans and phrases (wait until next year) and that famous one (wait until he turns 25) for the coming season. KP championship put a spotlight on him in forum. Embarrassed and Ashamed!!

Kiyaman

Legend
It's July 19th, and the Knicks FO have not Gave Thanks to Precious Achuwa's performance with a 2 to 4 yr contract to repeat the same-service performance next season.
The day IHart received a $30M per offer-sheet from OKC, the next day our Knicks organization were supposed to resign Precious. There's no loyal reward for consistent great effort from coach Thibs & Leon Rose.
There's no way, I would ever take a pay-cut from our Cold-Hearted Knicks organization, especially after knowing The Ewing-era Knicks had an above $100M team cap (paying luxury-tax) throughout the 1990's to the1999 Knicks FINALS season.
After 1999 season the Knicks FO became cold-heart cheap throughout the Knicks organization for two decades, we no longer go over the luxury tax, we would get one or maybe two star players a season for 41 sold-out crowds at MSG each season.
And yes. MSG Knicks ticket prices are the highest in the NBA.
I recall when Knicks/Rangers/MSG was worth below $100M
Today, we talking Billions, And owning a growing business for over a half of century.
My answer to pay-cut? Would be this is a business !!!

NOT SURE WHERE TO POST THIS!!

Hey Kiya, see where Spencer Dinwiddie signed with Mav’s.
Why did the Knicks try to sign him if they ut a backup to Brunson?

But more importantly!!

Why didn’t S.A. sign him instead of CP3???
He is much younger and a good PG.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Dark .. Chris Paul's working on a coaching position for retirement.
Next season Chris Paul will be the Spurs player/coach/tutor to the 19 yr old rookie Star PG Stephon Castle & 20 yr old Star center Wemby's creativeness in many pick n roll scoring plays.
So far, when Chris Paul do decide to retire his NBA coaching career could start in anyone of the major cities N.O, LA, OKC, Phoenix, GS, or in San Antonio

The Dallas Mavs Starter Trio backcourt of Kyrie, Klay, Luka, plus having a back-court dou of Dinwiddie & Grimes 2-Way performance coming off the bench this season win win .. It looks like the Mavs are set for another trip to the WCF next season.

Kiya, have to agree with you about the Mav’s. They are certainly getting the right pieces around Kyrie (notice I didn’t say Luka). Like want they are doing because Dinwiddle and Kyrie played in Brooklyn together so their chemistry want be hard to re-establish. I like all of their moves.

Not sure what the thinking was with the Knicks F.O. Dinwiddle certainly deserves a lot of consideration when it came to needing a PG.

We trade them KP then they trade him away then they meet him in the finals only to lose. They are rethinking and retooling their roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya, have to agree with you about the Mav’s. They are certainly getting the right pieces around Kyrie (notice I didn’t say Luka). Like want they are doing because Dinwiddle and Kyrie played in Brooklyn together so their chemistry want be hard to re-establish. I like all of their moves.

Not sure what the thinking was with the Knicks F.O. Dinwiddle certainly deserves a lot of consideration when it came to needing a PG.

We trade them KP then they trade him away then they meet him in the finals only to lose. They are rethinking and retooling their roster.

Recall .. the Dallas Mavs traded a 7'footer KP for a pass-first playmaking PG Dinwiddie who's 30 minute performance help the Mavs get to the WCF.
When the Mavs starter PG was Luka, and Brunson was supposed to be the backup PG.

Mikal Bridges joins Knicks, then let the Knicks know about the FA backup PG Payne who was his teammate in the Suns vs Bucks FINALS.
And no! Brunson was not gonna let Dinwiddie's ball movement steal his job and position again on another team.
Although, Dinwiddie's energy off the bench would've been the perfect backup PG to get the bench players involved in the offense/defense.