Hartenstein going to the OKC Thunder for $30M per

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks are now approximately $16.8 million below the second apron.

Thus, they’ll have enough cap space to re-sign Precious Achiuwa and will still have access to the $5.2 million taxpayer mid-level exception (to add depth at center)

Job well done my Leon Rose, cap-guru Brock Aller and the rest of NY’s front office.

We would be a fool to not resign Precious Achuwa who co-exist well in every lineup we put him in throughout the mid season games.

Leon Rose gets no props from me !!!
Leon Rose number (#1) one job was to get his brother client OG Anunoby to not opt out of his final season contract, but to take a huge $$$$ bonus for signing a long extension contract during the months of Feb, March, and April while OG was out injured. It didn't happen, which made it hard to talk Hartenstein into signing a $18M per extension during the regular season for his great performance in the midseason games.
As a fan, I did not notice any of our injured DNP players (Mitch, Randle, and OG) sitting on the bench together cheer-leading the Knicks team on the court at a home game. And nor did I see any of them communicating together as friends or co-workers with each other during any Knicks games. And I'm talking about 3 months of DNP injury.
Which makes me more curious bout the Knicks locker room luv between teammates.

GM Jalen Brunson did all the work getting Mikal in a Knicks uniform just incase OG don't resign.
A day after the Mikal trade to the Knicks was complete, OG Anunoby rushed to resign with the Knicks.
And Leon Rose gave OG Anunoby a 5 year $$$$$$ contract .. I just wonder how much % will Leon Rose brother get out of the deal?

Ask Leon Rose ???
Does the Knicks bottom rotation look like a NBA contender team?
A helluva WINNING starter lineup thou ....
Brunson & McBride
Mikal & Donte
OG & Hart
Randle & ???
Mitch & ???

Last edited:

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
Ok again, let’s take Knox. He average over 12 points a game his rookie season. That’s not raising hell but it decent. Most team look to improve that player productivity because of what he showed. Most Team!! That didn’t happen, Why??
Change of FO and new draft pick at the position that Knox is playing.
Ok, why would you draft at the same position you have a rookie with a good year?
KEEP IN MINE YOU ARE BUILDING A TEAM!! Does that make sense??
You don’t unless you don’t know a damn thing about 1. Talent 2. How to build a championship team 3. You have dug a big hole with promises that you can’t fulfill.
ARE STILL WITH ME OR DO I NEED TO SLOW DOWN??
Now if you watch RJ rookie season and you know how to judge and evaluate talent. We would not be having this conversation about Knox playing. You say you ‘old school’ this says you not. RJ defense was nothing short of Horrible.

Now if you understand the above statement. Then “why would Knicks FO give RJ, Q and Grime chance” . They had to show they know about the 3 things I stated above. Again, they have very large egos. Ever deal with people like that??
The Knicks is your team then Know Your Team!!

As I said in another post about Frank and Knox and other teams. Those teams have no vested interests in either. Knox from what I saw and watched played good at both Detroit and Portland. Frank at Dallas played very good along side of Brunson not Luka. The Mav’s offense ran very smoothly oppose the Luka.

Dallas mishandled Brunson Superstar. Again do you know talent?? When did Brunson become a superstar?? Certainly not on Dallas… he showed he was a good player. So tell me when did he become a superstar on Dallas because if so then it was no need to get Irving, huh?

Ok lastly, KP and the Knicks FO. This shows you are a fringe fan at best. The significance of this Scenario is Vital to the current state of the Knicks. This was about Right and Wrong, who knows talent, who how to build a team, etc.
As I stated we have no championship since KP was traded. He does!!
Do you want a championship or do want to play around like you know what you are doing?
I am losing interest in your very naive arguments, i will try to slow it down for you to understand..... aside from all your weird sense of basketball, nobody (again i will slow it down for you NOOOOBODY) agrees with your views on most of what your write. you can be against Thibs or the FO, knock yourself out. you can try and pick on every small thing and ignore all the good things they did in the last years, again, knock yourself out.... i know some people are beyond negativity........... but stating that Knox and Frank are wasted talents is utter nonsense.... because you are simply putting yourself against the whole NBA (players, fans, FOs, coaches......) for the simple fact that nobody cared about these two.....
i will not bother answer the rest of the points, you simply just listen to yourself in any argument .... cheers

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
it seems to be all is seen through negatives lenses and even conspiracy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brunson getting bridges or Leons brother is the reason we paid OG..........what is you are wrong..........how do we know what the locker room is like ? way to many assumptions to the negative side......

Life is too short......embrace what the Knicks are today or let it go.

I am losing interest in your very naive arguments, i will try to slow it down for you to understand..... aside from all your weird sense of basketball, nobody (again i will slow it down for you NOOOOBODY) agrees with your views on most of what your write. you can be against Thibs or the FO, knock yourself out. you can try and pick on every small thing and ignore all the good things they did in the last years, again, knock yourself out.... i know some people are beyond negativity........... but stating that Knox and Frank are wasted talents is utter nonsense.... because you are simply putting yourself against the whole NBA (players, fans, FOs, coaches......) for the simple fact that nobody cared about these two.....
i will not bother answer the rest of the points, you simply just listen to yourself in any argument .... cheers
This isn’t about me and my post.
** It about winning a championship…,
Again for the unteenth time ‘That is what you play the season for, huh!!
What is weird about wanting to win a championship??
My post don’t fit your Rosey Outlook that FO has painted you.
In my post there is the harsh reality of the truth and sad Current of Affairs that is our New York Knicks…. Don’t Like It … Neither Do I.
In my post I have spoken to the reality of this team and organization. Call it negativity but you can never call it a LIE. Never!!

My posting of KP, Frank, Knox etc upset you and others because you don’t know how to deal with it and don’t want to. FO has dealt with it and they are correct and WHO CARES!!
That thought would be fine if in the span of time it took to rid the team of all players vital to the Knicks winning a championship if they would have won a championship.
** To you and all that didn’t HAPPEN!! As a Real Knick and one that knows BB. This not good!!
You have aligned yourself with people who know nothing about winning a championship.
The word CHAMPIONSHIP isn’t in their communication they use word a CONTENDER for the EC.
DO YOU SEE A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL!!
I haven’t since Phil Jackson walked out the door.

You Losing Interest… my bitterness about the Knicks Current State of Affairs is about me and the Knicks. I try to learn what do you and other see in the Knicks. What I hear is troubling.
WHY!!! Because we(Knick Nation) use to be known as the Most Knowledgeable Fans in BB. Sadly that not the case anymore.

**I hope I answered all of your questions. If not point it out to me. See I don’t run and hide when it comes to answering questions.

it seems to be all is seen through negatives lenses and even conspiracy ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brunson getting bridges or Leons brother is the reason we paid OG..........what is you are wrong..........how do we know what the locker room is like ? way to many assumptions to the negative side......

Life is too short......embrace what the Knicks are today or let it go.
If you saw or knew the Truth… would you except it??
Winning removes most of the negativity… I stand corrected winning a championship does.
Running around in circles every season winning here and there is supposed to satisfy.

You don’t want the truth… The TRUTH!! Do I need to say the Jack Nicholson line, ha ha 😆

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I think when one puts himself on the Man who knows Bball pedestal just maybe there is room for error.

a lot of what you say does make sense but some is just downright silly.

Two wrongs do not make a right.
So yes I agree Knicks handling of Frank , Knox and whoever else might be wrong.
I then see these players NOT materializing on other teams and that's not the Knicks fault.

I also disagree that this current team cannot win a championship. This is the first time in years I think we have a shot.
If I am delusional I will see that next season

"I think when one puts himself on the Man who knows Bball pedestal just maybe there is room for error." Your Words SKI!!

In a previous post to you I stated that "If I'm wrong about something I HAVE NO PROBLEM ADMITTING IT". Not sure where it but it could be this thread.
This shows (above sentence) human quality of one's shortcoming and will admit it. There is my error before your above post.
** Pedestals are for precious objects to be displayed..... LIKE A CHAMPIONSHIP TROPHY, HUH!! Not a person.
** Please tell me "Downright silly". As an imperfect individual I would like to know.

Again, I gave my account of Frank and Knox on Dallas (Frank), Detroit and Portland (Knox) and what I saw about their play. Frank was draft for one purpose "to run the Triangle Offense". Knox was draft to be the wing in that offense but could play in any offense(that he showed his rookie year). What did other team owe Frank or Knox? Nothing They had their drafted players to showcase and give playing time. Those like Frank and Knox unless they were High Value player then there is no need to make them a priority.

**Now the most interesting.
**Tell Why... Yes Why this current team can win a championship?? I don't need B.S. Just tell me what you see.... Example - When KP was drafted we got a light at end of the tunnel that said 'We have a Transformative Player'.... 'We have a Player that Moves the Needle of this team'.
Now tell me all of what you see. Stars lining up in a pattern, Players playing above their heads, Shoots falling from everywhere they shot.
**Don't forget 'who is Transformative' (Player name.... Good Luck with That) AND 'Who Moves the Needle'!!
Maybe I'm delusional.
BTW, don't forget my silly things

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
If I say Brunson has been a Transformative player then you will argue he is not. You will argue he is the one who got the Villlanva player in and made the Bridges deal happen.

It's one thing to admit you were wrong after the fact it's another thing to be open minded and realize you might be wrong before being proven wrong.

My admission of imperfection was before you placing me on a pedestal. Please check it then tell me you were wrong. I would do it if the situation were reversed.

Now you are being clairvoyant in telling me my responses to your answer. So who’s on the pedestal now, lol?

In my previous post believe it or not but I wrote that you would answer the way you did. I erased it and no give him a chance. Look who’s being clairvoyant.now, lol!!

I asked simply what you SEE( explaining why). That was a B.S. explanation of what you see plus short with no substance. I still would like for you to detail what see.

Now let me explain what ‘Transformative’ is in the case of current Knicks. The current Knicks won ‘NO CHAMPIONSHIP’ with Brunson, Fact!! I could say a lot more but I want.
When you give your overview of why the Knicks will a championship. Add this question.
Question- Was there a light at end of the tunnel when Brunson signed that you saw but never said a word about it…. Like I constantly said about KP.

BTW, you forgot my ‘Downright Silly opinions’. Please tell them to me.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
I will keep it simple.
Brunson has played one year as a Knick. The team has the best season and playoff run in a while and that's with many injured players.
so no championship yet but give them a little rope before you say they won't or can't.

Knox and Frank never materialized on other teams so I do not blame the Knicks.

You were absolutely correct about RJ which took me some time to see.

Kiyaman

Legend
Back to the topic .. Hartenstein is gone .. We need a replacement? WHO ???
Do we have to call up OKC to ask who was their 2nd option big-man if IHart stayed in NY ???

Hartenstein's stats are half of his winning-complimentary performance.
Averaging 24 minutes of playing time per game.
Scoring 8 points (on 64% FG), 8 rebounds (3 off), 2 assist, 1 steal, 1 Block, and 1 turn-over.

Mitch Robinson's have a career of averaging 24 minutes of playing-time per game.
scoring 6 pts on (58% FG), 9 rbs (4 off), 0 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, and 0 turn overs,
plus all the dynamic defensive-STOPS in the 4th quarter going down the stretch.

Precious Achuwa played 49 Knicks games having a 2-Way hustle performance that co-existed well with teammates coming off the bench as big-man role-player which became a big part of the Knicks performing above .500 b.ball throughout the midseason games.
Scoring 8 pts (on 53% FG), 7 reb (2 off), 1 ast, 0 stl, 1 blk, and 1 turn over.

And all 3 (Mitch/IHart/Achuwa) combine for just 15 FG shot-attempt per 24 minutes.
And Jericho Sims have average 1 shot attempt per 15 minutes the past 3 seasons.
How many shot attempts will Shai & Caruso give Hartenstein per 30 minutes? `
I say, 10 to 15 shot attempts per game next season.

Its our PG (Brunson) and point-forwards (Randle) pick n roll duty to find shots for our big men to score and keep-up the energy to run up and down the court on offense/defense twice, or even three times in one minute?
And that gives a team 40 to 50 shot attempts in 24 minutes.

Randle & Barrett's ball control for four season only gave MitchRob 5 shot attempts per game.
Brunson & Donte's ball control gave Hartenstein & Precious 5 shot attempts each throughout Precious 49 games.

I will keep it simple.
Brunson has played one year as a Knick. The team has the best season and playoff run in a while and that's with many injured players.
so no championship yet but give them a little rope before you say they won't or can't.

Knox and Frank never materialized on other teams so I do not blame the Knicks.

You were absolutely correct about RJ which took me some time to see.
This was too simple for me for I don’t understand your beliefs.
You start by telling me that “Brunson played one year on the Knicks”…. That isn’t true. Was this just a mistake on your part or an attempt to deceive. Only You Know!!

You give them a little rope if I do they be hung, lol.

If this your attempt to clarify why you believe the way you do. It didn’t happen and I don’t think you wanted too.

The last two sentences are disturbing but the last one the most. You followed F.O. or yourself blindly in the case of RJ. Blindly because you are supposed to know talent. The only reason someone supports RJ was to fool those that know or care about the overall good for the Knicks. See they pay those clowns/criminals they don’t give a damn about the Knicks… that them!! What about you? For close to six years you fought the truth and reality.
**But now you don’t see a light at the end of the tunnel but “you want rope”.
Your attempt to explain your thoughts of a championship seems very similar to you being wrong about RJ.
STILL DREAMING, huh.

I’m finished!!

Back to the topic .. Hartenstein is gone .. We need a replacement? WHO ???
Do we have to call up OKC to ask who was their 2nd option big-man if IHart stayed in NY ???

Hartenstein's stats are half of his winning-complimentary performance.
Scoring 8 points (on 64% FG), 8 rebounds (3 off), 2 assist, 1 steal, 1 Block, and 1 turn-over.

Mitch Robinson's have a career of averaging 24 minutes of playing-time per game.
scoring 6 pts on (58% FG), 9 rbs (4 off), 0 ast, 1 stl, 2 blk, and 0 turn overs,
plus all the dynamic defensive-STOPS in the 4th quarter going down the stretch.

Precious Achuwa played 49 Knicks games having a 2-Way hustle performance that co-existed well with teammates coming off the bench as big-man role-player which became a big part of the Knicks performing above .500 b.ball throughout the midseason games.
Scoring 8 pts (on 53% FG), 7 reb (2 off), 1 ast, 0 stl, 1 blk, and 1 turn over.

And all 3 (Mitch/IHart/Achuwa) combine for just 15 FG shot-attempt per 24 minutes.
And Jericho Sims have average 1 shot attempt per 15 minutes the past 3 seasons.
How many shot attempts will Shai & Caruso give Hartenstein per 30 minutes? `
I say, 10 to 15 shot attempts per game next season.

Its our PG (Brunson) and point-forwards (Randle) pick n roll duty to find shots for our big men to score and keep-up the energy to run up and down the court on offense/defense twice, or even three times in one minute?
And that gives a team 40 to 50 shot attempts in 24 minutes.

Randle & Barrett's ball control for four season only gave MitchRob 5 shot attempts per game.
Brunson & Donte's ball control gave Hartenstein & Precious 5 shot attempts each throughout Precious 49 games.
So true let get back to IHart.
Your last two paragraphs shines a spotlight on problems for the upcoming season.
Losing IHart is going to be big I think. His play grew on me and should have been starting over MRob. His game was more well rounded than MRob. This shows the lack of development on the part of the Knicks once again.

Did IHart see more potential in OKC than the Knicks? The are a young team with a lot of potential. Is IHart the ‘X-factor’ that pushes them over the edge for a championship?

Billy D. is a very good coach. I have seen him do good things during games in college and NBA. He watches the flow of the game and acts accordingly.

There were a lot of things that when right for the Knicks this past year…. Team wish and League wish. I don’t see them happening this season for your Nova Knicks.

Do the Knicks have an X-Factor that makes them champion. I like OG and Precious they could be x-factors but I don’t think so. To me that is something that not on the team just yet. See no x-factors on this current team.

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Dark ........you are correct I was stubborn and wrong about RJ and I have no problem admitting it.
Maybe one can say the same about Dotson leading the Knicks as you wanted.....Please have a little humor with this.

I do believe adding Bridges pushes the Needle to a very competitive Knicks team of last season.

I am happy with the starting 5 and Bench.

what I do hope is we add is a veteran Big and Guard to offer some experience and leadership on this team.

I do not see Randle as a leader and I don't see Brunson as a leader based on his personality.

We do not have the outstanding transformation player but I do not believe we need one.

I like this team if Thibs plays the minutes correctly......

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Dark .... I believe Ski meant the Nova trio's Take-Over in one season, lead by Brunson ..
We are no longer the Randle's Knicks .. Nor are we the Randle & Brunson Knicks.
We are the Nova-Knicks now !!!
Why haven't we resign Precious Achuwa the same week OKC gave IHart a 5 yr $30M per.
IHart & Precious rebounding & defense & exciting-hustle performance were the Knicks superman duo the final 49 games of the regular season, having a 32-17 record.
At the end of March, both IHart & Precious should've received a $$$ extension for having 9-4 record in March without Mitch/Randle/and OG in the rotation.

The Knicks 2024 offseason moves may look good to many, but I don't see any improvement to the team.
Having OG & Mikal next season are not improvements when both players are only creative at the SF position.
6.6 Mikal's 6 yr NBA career have been at the SF position, on defense he defends 2 position.
6.7 OG's 7 yr NBA career have been at the SF position, on defense he defends 3 positions.

The Knicks roster depth have gotten weaker each season since the 2020-21 season.
The Knicks may not have a decent backup player for all 5 position next season.
The Nova trio denied McBride the chance to run the point on office, or call a offensive play, every time McBride dribble the ball down court Brunson, or Divo, or Hart are at the half court line with their hands out for the ball throughout the midseason & postseason games. Quickley would dribble pass them into the paint.

PG- Brunson - McBride
SG- Mikal - Divo
SF- OG - Hart
PF- Randle - Nobody (maybe Precious)
C- MitchRob - Nobody (maybe Sims)

skisloper1

Benchwarmer
Kiya I do not see it as the takeover of the Nova trio taking over.

What I do see if that we now have and lets assume a healthy Randle, OG and the addition of Bridges.
Forgot what we gave up for Bridges because that's now in the past. Now we sill if this team works or not.
One cannot say it was not progress last season ?

Losing Hartenstein was all about money. Knicks had a choice OG or Hartenstein they could not get both.

I agree about signing Precious and the need for a back up center as Sims is not ready.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kiya I do not see it as the takeover of the Nova trio taking over.

What I do see if that we now have and lets assume a healthy Randle, OG and the addition of Bridges.
Forgot what we gave up for Bridges because that's now in the past. Now we sill if this team works or not.
One cannot say it was not progress last season ?

Losing Hartenstein was all about money. Knicks had a choice OG or Hartenstein they could not get both.

I agree about signing Precious and the need for a back up center as Sims is not ready.

Sky .. It was a Strong Take-Over .. Jalen Brunson and his Pops were able to take-control of the offensive-end and defensive-end of the court, once they got Hart & Donte onto the Knicks, and Barrett & Quickley & Grimes off the Knicks.
It became easy to take the Knicks ball out of the hands of captain Randle without Barrett, Quickley, and Grimes in the rotation.
Hartenstein and the new player OG became neutral of the take-over, and both players chose the FA market to find a better team.
And Jalen Brunson and his Pops found a way to trade for Mikal on draft night, incase FA OG goes to the next NBA team. The Knicks now have 4 players in their rotation from the Villanova championship team.
The West #1 Seed OKC Thunder team gave Hartenstein a offer sheet he couldn't refuse.

Dark ........you are correct I was stubborn and wrong about RJ and I have no problem admitting it.
Maybe one can say the same about Dotson leading the Knicks as you wanted.....Please have a little humor with this.

I do believe adding Bridges pushes the Needle to a very competitive Knicks team of last season.

I am happy with the starting 5 and Bench.

what I do hope is we add is a veteran Big and Guard to offer some experience and leadership on this team.

I do not see Randle as a leader and I don't see Brunson as a leader based on his personality.

We do not have the outstanding transformation player but I do not believe we need one.

I like this team if Thibs plays the minutes correctly......
Ski, stop for a minute and think about your stubbornness. That stubbornness lasted for six years. You are just a fan.
1.Now think about that same stubbornness when it comes to People that drafted RJ.
2. How far they went to prove themselves right.
3. Now think of other teams GM and President stubbornness when it comes to their drafted players with Frank and Knox out performing their players.
**Can you see now… add Dotson and Trier to the mix. Never said Dotson would lead the Knicks. I said, him or Trier should have been the starting SG.
** I took the rope you suggested and hung those you wanted to give some rope, LOL.
That as much humor as I can give!!

If Bridges was a natural SG then maybe see the needle moving but he not. He is a SF. There was a super SG in Murray that could have been traded for at a lesser price than Nova Bridges. I suggested that before the draft.

Your two statements about Randle/Brunson and not having an outstanding Transformative player should be very disturbing.
Question- Who’s team is it??
If you were Randle would you let the Nova Knicks take over.

Something tells me you aren’t thinking about the intangibles and egos. Don’t think they don’t exist. Example- Your stubbornness … now transfer it to the Knicks. Not saying it’s true but is it possible?