Jordan Hill = Taller Balkman!

dpryde

Benchwarmer
and i kno pestering each otha can be fun at times, but seriously how much time are u guys spending just to criticize each other for spending to much time on this site? i mean its funny, but in excess it jst gets boring. og, trillion, both of u guys are posters who have contributed more to this site than i have, but still do u guys gotta fight all the time? we headed towards a brighter future no need to be mad :smokin:

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Good to see a Dominirican doing it up and slapping the white man in the face by playing the system right (sadly they don't teach us how to beat the system in the hood, just teach us how to slave for it)
You gotta give me more advice on the money making...I expect to the money to be there, but right now I'm caught up with school, certification, and this baby coming up.

I was playing fullcourt ball, was 5-7 shooting, and then busted my arm, after a block that caused me to fall, was up all night, in pain, and now I have to run over to Long Island for my orientation, at Stony Brook University.

The most important thing is to stay up on your craft: hit the following site... BLS.gov, where jobs are listed, along with salaries, openings, growth, etc.

Just type your field into the search box and links will pop up, that simple.

Also, hit up some sites like craigslist, where you can see the demand. On craigslist, I saw 65 dollars an hour on a few of the many postings. Get your CPR certification, AED, all that stuff I got when I was a coach, it enhances your marketability.

Most of all, have mad confidence, it's what's going to attract employers.

The good thing, bottom line, about your field is that it allows you to at the least do your own little side business. So... you could be pulling in 60k at work, plus another 20 on the side.

As for finances, start off by joining TD Ameritrade, look at the trends, and decide what sort of stock you want. It's really the best time to buy the big name stocks that have dropped a lot, because they're bound to go up.

Some people day trade, but I recommend you not do that, it involves hoping you make a lot of money in a single day. What's better is to build a portfolio: stocks, bonds, CD's, 401K. I like big name stocks, no weird companies. I love food companies, because they tend to be very stable: people always eat.

If you have an idea of whether they're going to go on a campaign for a new product, it's even better: this means your stock will likely gain value. The BK burger shots give me a good feeling, for example.

As for CD's, which are just accounts that lock your money in for a set amount of time, in exchange for a higher interest rate, the best website is bankrate.com, it shows the best rates available. Right now, the best banks for CD's, which give you the best interest rates, are online banks. Just last year, I earned about 2500 dollars in interest, just from bank interest. If I didn't shop around, that could have been cut in half. I would have lost a big chunk of change.

Main thing is to be confident, resourceful and to make banks impress you with good rates, before your money gets deposited with them. Don't fall for free checking account deals.

As for business, what I'm looking at, currently, is trying to buy good, new laptops in bulk, along with other electronics: digital cameras, etc., and then selling them at a marked up retail price that's still better than the big stores.

I hope that's food for thought, bro. And maybe some other posters find it useful, as well.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I was playing fullcourt ball, was 5-7 shooting, and then busted my arm, after a block that caused me to fall, was up all night, in pain, and now I have to run over to Long Island for my orientation, at Stony Brook University.

The most important thing is to stay up on your craft: hit the following site... BLS.gov, where jobs are listed, along with salaries, openings, growth, etc.

Just type your field into the search box and links will pop up, that simple.

Also, hit up some sites like craigslist, where you can see the demand. On craigslist, I saw 65 dollars an hour on a few of the many postings. Get your CPR certification, AED, all that stuff I got when I was a coach, it enhances your marketability.

Most of all, have mad confidence, it's what's going to attract employers.

The good thing, bottom line, about your field is that it allows you to at the least do your own little side business. So... you could be pulling in 60k at work, plus another 20 on the side.

As for finances, start off by joining TD Ameritrade, look at the trends, and decide what sort of stock you want. It's really the best time to buy the big name stocks that have dropped a lot, because they're bound to go up.

Some people day trade, but I recommend you not do that, it involves hoping you make a lot of money in a single day. What's better is to build a portfolio: stocks, bonds, CD's, 401K. I like big name stocks, no weird companies. I love food companies, because they tend to be very stable: people always eat.

If you have an idea of whether they're going to go on a campaign for a new product, it's even better: this means your stock will likely gain value. The BK burger shots give me a good feeling, for example.

As for CD's, which are just accounts that lock your money in for a set amount of time, in exchange for a higher interest rate, the best website is bankrate.com, it shows the best rates available. Right now, the best banks for CD's, which give you the best interest rates, are online banks. Just last year, I earned about 2500 dollars in interest, just from bank interest. If I didn't shop around, that could have been cut in half. I would have lost a big chunk of change.

Main thing is to be confident, resourceful and to make banks impress you with good rates, before your money gets deposited with them. Don't fall for free checking account deals.

As for business, what I'm looking at, currently, is trying to buy good, new laptops in bulk, along with other electronics: digital cameras, etc., and then selling them at a marked up retail price that's still better than the big stores.

I hope that's food for thought, bro. And maybe some other posters find it useful, as well.

Damn, thats alot of quality stuff.
Thanks for sharing.
I'm not a fan of money, but I just want to be able to support my family...I'm really proud to see a fellow Dominirican master the system, I'm going to have to take this road and aim for the stars. I guess this is the time of life when you really become a man.

Thanks once again brother.

clumsy

Rotation player
OG while i agree you did jump to racial conclusions too quickly (i think ignorance is a better word) i disagree with your theory on day trading.

Market is straight up shit right now. Which means the highest volaitility....it's the best time to make paper day trading. However, i would only recommend doing this if you spent a majority of your day studying market trends, seeing breaking news, and making judgements based off of that.

Can someone explain to me why idiots were booing this kid when he was drafted? Alright he isn't Curry, so what! There is no excuse to boo a kid who just got drafted, that is just retarded!

CoolClyde

Did someone call Jordan Hill a pakistani midget kike making $66K in the stock market?
what's going on in this retarded forum... a decent thread turned totally wack,
thanks to who once again? it takes two to tango, three or more it becomes a circle jerk.

Jordan Hill > Grant Hill > Balkman

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Did someone call Jordan Hill a pakistani midget kike making $66K in the stock market?
what's going on in this retarded forum... a decent thread turned totally wack,
thanks to who once again? it takes two to tango, three or more it becomes a circle jerk.

Jordan Hill > Grant Hill > Balkman

In all honesty this thread had maybe 1-2 pages worth of on topic discussion. This thread was not at all an amazing topic that needs to be kept going in order to be a knowledgable Knick fan. I weep for everyone who can no longer discuss the inaccurate assertion that Jordan Hill and Balkman have anything in common other than dreads... If the argument bothers you and everyone else so much it's very easy for you to:

1.not read it (clear you read every post)

2.stay out of the thread (its one thread that was dead for almost a week and now bumped. the argument died last week and you are the one bringing it up again)

3.start a more relevant Jordan Hill thread that actually makes sense

I am not trying to start an argument or get into a long discussion...I just felt the need to state the obvious that many who chose to come in here, read all the posts and then complain just to voice an unnecessary opinion are obviously trying to fuel shit in a round about way. It is unnecessary because if it is so offensive or a detriment to the site, you can very easily avoid this self contained thread.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
OG while i agree you did jump to racial conclusions too quickly (i think ignorance is a better word) i disagree with your theory on day trading.

Market is straight up shit right now. Which means the highest volaitility....it's the best time to make paper day trading. However, i would only recommend doing this if you spent a majority of your day studying market trends, seeing breaking news, and making judgements based off of that.

Calling someone ignorant/racial, or whatever else, for pointing out real ignorance is both a diversion and a cop out.

As far as day trading, on either commodity futures, such as oil, grain, beef, etc., foreign currencies, through forex, or plain old company stock, you have to be either very good or risk losing your shirt.

A friend of mine recently lost 15k, after trying to be a big shot, day trading currency, via forex capital markets.

The best way to trade, during an economic downturn, like this one, is to buy well-known, solid stocks, futures or currencies, especially after they've hit a low, i.e. Burger King, which has dropped to about 17 dollars a share, down from 32 dollars last summer. I'm considering buying 1,000 shares.

In this economic downturn, you hold on to your stock, until things get better and you can make a killing.

If you want to play it even safer, you just stick to your McDonald's and Microsoft stocks... safe companies.

If you buy unknown stock, during bad times, and want to sell them day in and day out, which is how day-traders make money, you're asking to lose your shirt.