Knicks Free Agency 2015

tiger0330

Legend
Per Woj, Al-Farouq Aminu has agreed to a 4 year/30 million dollar deal with the Portland Trail Blazers.

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/616100356104155136

I guess the Knicks never even inquired.
I wanted him, these are guys the Knicks should be looking at, guys that haven't hit their ceilings yet and could have breakout years with the increased minutes the Knicks will give them.

I haven't heard Corey Brewers name mentioned, I think he can be had for 4yrs/30M. Was making 5M but said he wants a long term deal.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Things are moving quickly in FA, by the end of July we should know where the major FA's are.

It'll be a major blow if PJ can't land Greg Monroe. The Knicks being at his door at the stroke of midnight to pitch him the Knicks says he's the guy.

Broadway

All Star
Things are moving quickly in FA, by the end of July we should know where the major FA's are.

It'll be a major blow if PJ can't land Greg Monroe. The Knicks being at his door at the stroke of midnight to pitch him the Knicks says he's the guy.

Well we didn't quite seal the deal but doesn't mean he's not signing

It's only going to be shameful because Phil has no better options and is forced to beg for this clown to play here.

tiger0330

Legend
I wanted him, these are guys the Knicks should be looking at, guys that haven't hit their ceilings yet and could have breakout years with the increased minutes the Knicks will give them.

I haven't heard Corey Brewers name mentioned, I think he can be had for 4yrs/30M. Was making 5M but said he wants a long term deal.
Looks like the Knicks reached out to Corey Brewer. The money Affalo wants is better spent on guys like Brewer and Aminu. They reportedly contacted Willie Green as well.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
The Knicks have held preliminary discussions with veteran guard Willie Green.

Green would be a solid presence on the Knicks' bench, but he wouldn't have a significant role in New York. The Knicks have had multiple discussions with Green since free agency began, so a deal could be reached very soon.

----------

Good signing by POR, to get Al_f-Amin. For 7mil this year? That should have been a move we made. I'm hoping we don't overpay for Monroe or we are waiting to see/hear DJ or LA turn us down first. Monroe is gonna get 15mil at last based on this market. I think I prefer Robin Lopez & Brandon Wright for 15 mil tho.

Broadway

All Star
We're pulling for you Phil...

I guess this is what you do when you have 5 chips and not 10+

Spurs are saying this to LaMarcus

Dr.-Evil-Crying-While-Trying-To-Hug-It-Out-With-His-Son-In-Austin-Powers.gif

Broadway

All Star
What does this do for the Spurs chances to sign LMA. They signed Green and Leonard, do they have enough cap space to give LMA a max deal?

I think they do. They'll have about 40+mil to distribute to Green/Kawhi/L.A. everything is verbal principle they can fudge a little more with numbers and or make another trade if necessary.

tiger0330

Legend
Yikezees!

First surprise of FA, he must have made up his mind he was going to sign with the Raps before FA began. Knicks didn't even get a chance to talk to him. ATL said him and Milsap were high priorities but did he even give them a chance to match.

mafra

Legend
First surprise of FA, he must have made up his mind he was going to sign with the Raps before FA began. Knicks didn't even get a chance to talk to him. ATL said him and Milsap were high priorities but did he even give them a chance to match.

I imagine that's the game... agents and front office types exchange salary expectations... Names put on a list and crossed off. Guys like AFA & DC knew were max offers were coming from in first wave, teams were smart enough to make offer with stipulation it was good for 12-24 hrs, so player settles on security instead of risking it in the 2nd an 3rd waves of signings.

Broadway

All Star

Probably because reports out from Atlanta was they were too nervous to get to $50mil and felt if it went there, they would have to pass. He probably called them and was likely straight up with what was offered.