Knicks Free Agency 2015

Broadway

All Star
This is what I've always felt would be a poor approach to talk to an athlete who's mega rich, who you intend to make mega richer. Execs have to get away from trying to sell markets that don't need to be sold because they theoretically should sell themselves. Come on these guys are multi-millionaires who have large agencies representing them. Why would any prof exec go into a meeting as if they are the ones who are watching the athlete's money and where it's going. This is his agents job. If they inquire sure but no need to go stereotypical.

Supposedly Aldridge didn't like Kobe's brief cameo which essentially resulted in him painting him as Pau Gasol to his Kobe. What a douchebag.

I think this to a very small degree hurt us when trying to court Lebron(although we never should have gone to Greenwich to begin with)

Also if we don't land anyone and Lakers don't land anyone significant it won't be a coincidence as to why.

Broadway

All Star
I'm probably the only one around here that would like to see Lin back, I still have a #17 Lin jersey so I could get to wear it again.

PJ reaching now, going to his plan B list with Lin it seems.

If Lin is Plan B, then Phil never had Plan A or a Plan at all. Lin is probably Plan F

Broadway

All Star
Another decent deal handed out...

And I found out Singler's terms were 5yr and $25mil....another reasonable deal. It helps when the GM knows what he's doing.

I was told that the Bulls were going to be cheap and yet this off-season they've shelled out $110mil to 2 players and may not be done. The myths I tell you

I didn't think Bulls would go into the luxury tax, but the market is beyond broken this offseason with the deals being given out, so Butler looks like a bargain even with that huge deal. For what it's worth, all the Bulls did so far was resign their own guys. Not sure how excited that would make me as a Bulls fans coming back with the same roster that couldn't get it done last year and a much worse coach.

Can't tell if people are just upset in principle over us possibly missing out on Monroe. I thought we all agreed that Monroe wasn't worth signing for us if it came with a max deal. I'm happy with this free agency period for us so far because we haven't signed anybody, which means we're one of the teams that hasn't overpaid anybody yet.

Broadway

All Star
Can't tell if people are just upset in principle over us possibly missing out on Monroe. I thought we all agreed that Monroe wasn't worth signing for us if it came with a max deal. I'm happy with this free agency period for us so far because we haven't signed anybody, which means we're one of the teams that hasn't overpaid anybody yet.

Well once we sign someone whoever it is, we'll more than likely overpay. Let's keep it real we're not in the free agency business to strike out and walk away thinking we won because we didn't overpay. Otherwise we've just become the Philadelphia 76ers.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah I don't get this. People are criticizing Phil for not overpaying, and they also think he could change players' minds who might not sign with New York regardless of who is the president of the Knicks.

Whatever side of the coin we're on, whether we're thinking about it or not, our reactions and thought processes might be coming down to that Melo no-trade clause contract.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well once we sign someone whoever it is, we'll more than likely overpay. Let's keep it real we're not in the free agency business to strike out and walk away thinking we won because we didn't overpay. Otherwise we've just become the Philadelphia 76ers.
This is what concerns me. If the Knicks are trying not to overpay great, but I hope they have a clear plan in place and don't panic if they have to spend more than they wanted to on players.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is what concerns me. If the Knicks are trying not to overpay great, but I hope they have a clear plan in place and don't panic if they have to spend more than they wanted to on players.

If I'm Carmelo, I'm asking for a trade if the Knicks don't sign a single player and are out of contention by December.

Seriously though, 40 million for 4 years for Shump? Are you guys sure this is a free agency we want to dive deep into right now? Let's explore the euro options and the free agents who fall through the cracks. We can't afford to burn all our cap on guys to make us a 35 win team with no financial options for the next 3 years.

4 years and 52 million for Tyson Chandler in Phoenix?!? He turns 33 at the beginning of this season! I feel like I've taken crazy pills.