NY DAILY NEWS - Knicks Interested in Camby?

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i like the idea of bringing back camby but we gotta get a 1st round pick some how, the age difference between camby and lee is too large, and no way i want frye back, dude is mad soft

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
^^ Thats the one thing i didnt like about the Z-bo trade, we should have at least got a 2nd round pick out of that deal. Randolph for Tim thomas and Mobley? Randolph will still be the same player when his contract expires, even though it does go beyond 2010. Tim Thomas is for the most part a bum and Mobleys not even playin anymore.

We cant do sumthin like this, Donnie get a draft pick outta the deal!!! :cool:

Toons

is the Bo$$
im not for trading lee mainly because of his youth. he and chandler work well together. lee is not a tradable piece imo.

Duhon
Chandler
Lebron
Lee
Bosh

Toons

is the Bo$$
lee is the perfect power forward. why are you comparing a true center, to power forward? lee is one of the best pf in the league imo. did you all see camby in denver before he was traded? jackin up that slow jumper from the top of the key trailin the break. where was the camby talk before the last 4 games? i would hate to see lee traded and he puts up better numbers. lee is improving every game, and i agree, he is no camby, but imagine both lee and camby on the same team.....aaaaaaahhhh yes, now whats a front court to be proud of.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I said this in one of my previous posts in this thread.

The NJ Nets have sent Sean Williams to the D-League. Does that mean we can sign him to a contract now? If so, we should get him immediately. He has his problems, but I still think he can be a signifcant contributor to the Knicks in D'Antoni's system. He's extremely athletic and one of the best shot-blockers in the league and can run the floor well.

Can anybody answer that question for me? Is Sean Williams available to us now that he is in the D-League?

Knixy

Benchwarmer
You guys do realize that if you choose to resign David Lee, you can forget about 2010, right? You rather spend that money and cap space on a role player who is really a backup on a good team or a chance at a Star like LeBron James or Chris Bosh? I like Lee but come on, we cannot be stupid here.

TunerAddict

Starter
You guys do realize that if you choose to resign David Lee, you can forget about 2010, right? You rather spend that money and cap space on a role player who is really a backup on a good team or a chance at a Star like LeBron James or Chris Bosh? I like Lee but come on, we cannot be stupid here.

Wrong. Knicks have cap space for two max contracts. How would resigning Lee stop that? He can be signed for double the max?!?!?!?!?!

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
I prefer the Bayliss/Rodriguez and 1st rounder better. The Knicks need some guards. I wouldn't mind this trade if a draft pick or if Bayliss or Rodriguez was included.
With the trade:
PG: Duhon
SG: Robinson
PF: Harrington
SF: Chandler
C: Camby
This looks ok but the bench will be barren
PF: Thomas
SF: Jefferies
C: Curry
PG: Robertson

New New York

Quiet Storm
You guys are missing the bigger picture here. How does this trade help us for the future? All this trade does is make us a better team this year. Is getting the 8th seed this year really worth it? This trade doesn't help with our cap situation for 2010. In case nobody realized, we will still need role players and good bench players in 2010.

David Lee is going to demand money that could be used for FA's in 2010. Assuming this deal goes down, Camby is a Knick at that point meaning the Knicks can go over the cap in resigning him if they wanted, in other words, The Knicks will be able to go after FA's first, then re-sign current players whereas David Lee would already be under contract taking up cap room.

Here is the breakdown: The Knicks are currently at 23 million in 2010 (10 million to Curry,6 million to Jefferies, and about 7 million to Danillo and Wilson combined) leaving us with about 37 million to go after FA's. Now you have to imagine Nate will get about 6 million per leaving us w/ 31 million to spend. If we resign Lee he will want atleast 7 million per leaving us w/ only 24 million. Now if we trade Lee for Camby that will free up that atleast 7 million Lee would be set to make, brining us back to 31 million to go after FA's.

24 million= 1 Blue chip player and a B list player

31 million= 2 Blue chippers

Not to mention Camby fills a major void. Now if Donnie thinks he can trade Curry he doesnt have to worry about resigning Lee, but how likely is that?

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Terrible deal. It doesn't make sense at all for us. It doesn't do anything to help with more cap relief in 2010. It maybe makes us a little better for this year but who cares about this year? This deal is only worth it if either Curry's or Jeffries' long term contracts are included.
frist of all fuk curry and we could trade him for any back up sg or sf that could back up wilson chandler shit we could have good d with camby and frye comeing of the bench is great

JayJ44

Starter
If they replace Fry with Bayless or Fernandez, then definitely. But I don't think we should trade Lee for an aging (but still very effective) center, and basically a scrub. Especially since this doesn't help our cap situation at all. This deal as it stands, doesn't sound good to me.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
David Lee is going to demand money that could be used for FA's in 2010. Assuming this deal goes down, Camby is a Knick at that point meaning the Knicks can go over the cap in resigning him if they wanted, in other words, The Knicks will be able to go after FA's first, then re-sign current players whereas David Lee would already be under contract taking up cap room.

Here is the breakdown: The Knicks are currently at 23 million in 2010 (10 million to Curry,6 million to Jefferies, and about 7 million to Danillo and Wilson combined) leaving us with about 37 million to go after FA's. Now you have to imagine Nate will get about 6 million per leaving us w/ 31 million to spend. If we resign Lee he will want atleast 7 million per leaving us w/ only 24 million. Now if we trade Lee for Camby that will free up that atleast 7 million Lee would be set to make, brining us back to 31 million to go after FA's.

Not to mention Camby fills a major void. Now if Donnie thinks he can trade Curry he doesnt have to worry about resigning Lee, but how likely is that?

I don't think we would resign Camby 2 years from now. So basically this deal is to save money by not signing Lee. That doesn't make sense. The best way to clear cap space for free agents in 2010 is to get rid of Curry and/or Jeffries. That is the only way we should trade Lee. To help get rid of Curry/Jeffries AND bring in some young talent.

This trade is essentially Lee for Frye (terrible for the Knicks) and Q Rich for Camby (terrible for the Clippers). Lee has major value. He's worth much more than Frye. Bottom line...this is a dumb trade and I would hope Donnie is smarter than this.

Here is the breakdown: The Knicks are currently at 23 million in 2010 (10 million to Curry,6 million to Jefferies, and about 7 million to Danillo and Wilson combined) leaving us with about 37 million to go after FA's. Now you have to imagine Nate will get about 6 million per leaving us w/ 31 million to spend. If we resign Lee he will want atleast 7 million per leaving us w/ only 24 million. Now if we trade Lee for Camby that will free up that atleast 7 million Lee would be set to make, brining us back to 31 million to go after

FA's.

agreed I said the same thing in another thread, breaking down how much flexibility we have if we trade lee , and I prefer trading nate as well, cut off about 20 million between the two of them. definitely do this trade in fact PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD do this trade.

if you think about it camby had his best 3 years over the past 3 yrs and is having another amazing year this year on a team he does not even want to play for, could u imagine how well he would perform back in the garden where he really made his stamp as being a defensive all leaguer. Not to mention, that in 2 yrs, you cut his minutes down and you can resign him at a veterans minimum or maybe a 3 years 21 million dollar contract, to have him play back up center for our championship revival team.

I say do it.

and p.s dudes gotta stop sweating LEE, dude plays well, but hes not the worth the money his agents going to ask for, in fact F lee, im this sites first LEE hater, dude throws the ball off the back of the defenses legs off rebounds.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I don't think we would resign Camby 2 years from now. So basically this deal is to save money by not signing Lee. That doesn't make sense. The best way to clear cap space for free agents in 2010 is to get rid of Curry and/or Jeffries. That is the only way we should trade Lee. To help get rid of Curry/Jeffries AND bring in some young talent.

This trade is essentially Lee for Frye (terrible for the Knicks) and Q Rich for Camby (terrible for the Clippers). Lee has major value. He's worth much more than Frye. Bottom line...this is a dumb trade and I would hope Donnie is smarter than this.

Easier said then done my friend. Think about it. If you were a GM of any team in the NBA would you want Curry or Jeffries? Lee is good but he's not what we make him out to be. Even Portland indicated that he would be 'a great sixth man'. That's how bad we are folks. We love great sixth men players. But you're right, Camby helps us get better right away. I just don't think Lee is in our future plans and if he's not then we should trade him while he's got value and not just let him walk for nothing.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Easier said then done my friend. Think about it. If you were a GM of any team in the NBA would you want Curry or Jeffries? Lee is good but he's not what we make him out to be. Even Portland indicated that he would be 'a great sixth man'. That's how bad we are folks. We love great sixth men players. But you're right, Camby helps us get better right away. I just don't think Lee is in our future plans and if he's not then we should trade him while he's got value and not just let him walk for nothing.

I agree. If Lee is not in our plans for the future, then we should try and get value for him. But we should get value for the future, not just this year. Camby and Frye will not be in our future plans either.

I don't think Lee is any more than a great 6th man as well. But why can't he be our 6th man?

Everybody seems to think that not signing Lee and Nate saves us money, but nobody seems to realize that we will still need a good bench to win a championship. Lebron and Bosh can't win it all on their own. Eventually we are going to have to sign bench players.

We have over a month before the trade deadline. Lets not rush into a trade that just makes us better for this year alone. The best scenario is to get Curry playing and increase his value (somehow). Some teams may be willing to trade for him (Denver, Charlotte, Memphis, etc.). I don't think Jeffries is going anywhere, but if we can remove Curry, then we can sign Lee and Nate and keep a strong bench for 2010.

That should be our top priority, if that fails, then move Lee for some quality players that can help our bench in 2010. Remember, this is all about 2010, not making the playoffs this year.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I agree. If Lee is not in our plans for the future, then we should try and get value for him. But we should get value for the future, not just this year. Camby and Frye will not be in our future plans either.

I don't think Lee is any more than a great 6th man as well. But why can't he be our 6th man?

Everybody seems to think that not signing Lee and Nate saves us money, but nobody seems to realize that we will still need a good bench to win a championship. Lebron and Bosh can't win it all on their own. Eventually we are going to have to sign bench players.

We have over a month before the trade deadline. Lets not rush into a trade that just makes us better for this year alone. The best scenario is to get Curry playing and increase his value (somehow). Some teams may be willing to trade for him (Denver, Charlotte, Memphis, etc.). I don't think Jeffries is going anywhere, but if we can remove Curry, then we can sign Lee and Nate and keep a strong bench for 2010.

That should be our top priority, if that fails, then move Lee for some quality players that can help our bench in 2010. Remember, this is all about 2010, not making the playoffs this year.

I agree that the first option should be to trade Curry, but time is running out on dumping him this season and he has not even played a minute yet. Not to mention he came into camp out of shape as ever and teams know Donnie is looking to dump him so they can play hard ball. Curry is on The Knick roster until atleast November.

You cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs and as much as I like Lee he may have to play the role of Humpty Dumpty. Look Lee is playing out of position, now I think he is doing as good a job as he can being that he is so undersized everynight, but our interior defense is a joke, and we a bonafied shot blocker on the floor. I think Camby will give us everything Lee would give us plus shotblocking and the trade off is Lee is 10 years younger. This deal not only makes us a playoff team but gives us more cap to work with down the road while showing potential FA's were not just sitting around waiting for 2010 to be a competetive team. I have said before I dont want The Knicks to make The Playoffs only to get swept, but, I think adding Camby would make us good enough to push a top seeded team like Atlanta did last year thus giving some valuable expierence to our young players.

Duhon/Nate
Wilson/Q/Nate
Harrington/Thomas/Danillo?
Camby/Jefferies
Curry/Camby/Jefferies

That's a tough 7th or 8th seed