NY DAILY NEWS - Knicks Interested in Camby?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Add this year's pick salary to that cap space, and the fact that Lee may want 8-10 mil, not 7 a year. And we are only like 20-22 mil under cap -
1 max guy,
one other 5-7mil FA (not even a B list guy),
Lee,
Nate,
Chandler,
Gallinari,
pick
and Curry/Jeffries, with no cap space to finish this roster off.

That's not a contender, just a 4-8 seed at best. Not to mention that LeBron doesn't sign with such team.

We aren't done dealing, and paying big money to Lee hurts us big time.

New New York

Quiet Storm
One more thing....I imagine that if this three team deal is being discussed it is Malik Rose's expiring contract being offered not Q-Rich. No disrespect to Q but I cant see another team wanting a player with one of the lowest Efficency ratings amongst starters and a bad back that is uninsured.

This just in.....The Clippers have just acquired a Center from Denver (some scrub). Now this could mean nothing at all, after all both Kaman and Zach are still out and they could be looking for some front line help, but, a team who is thought to have too many big men already making a move for one seems funny, could one of those big men be on the way out?

Stay Tuned

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I agree that the first option should be to trade Curry, but time is running out on dumping him this season and he has not even played a minute yet. Not to mention he came into camp out of shape as ever and teams know Donnie is looking to dump him so they can play hard ball. Curry is on The Knick roster until atleast November.

You cant make an omelette without breaking some eggs and as much as I like Lee he may have to play the role of Humpty Dumpty. Look Lee is playing out of position, now I think he is doing as good a job as he can being that he is so undersized everynight, but our interior defense is a joke, and we a bonafied shot blocker on the floor. I think Camby will give us everything Lee would give us plus shotblocking and the trade off is Lee is 10 years younger. This deal not only makes us a playoff team but gives us more cap to work with down the road while showing potential FA's were not just sitting around waiting for 2010 to be a competetive team. I have said before I dont want The Knicks to make The Playoffs only to get swept, but, I think adding Camby would make us good enough to push a top seeded team like Atlanta did last year thus giving some valuable expierence to our young players.

Duhon/Nate
Wilson/Q/Nate
Harrington/Thomas/Danillo?
Camby/Jefferies
Curry/Camby/Jefferies

That's a tough 7th or 8th seed

I agree with a lot of what you're saying. We still have time though and we shouldn't rush into anything just to make our team better this year. Especially because we will still have to sign bench players for our 2010 roster. There is no guarantee the bench players we sign will be as good as Lee and Nate. I say we wait until the trade deadline and in the meantime try and increase Curry's value as much as possible. Acquiring draft picks, young talent and cap relief should be our top priority, not just trying to get the Knicks to the playoffs this year. A championship in 2010 is the goal, not a good team in 2008.

I guess, I am trying to say is, we need to get better for the future. Camby and Frye do not provide that. If we don't resign Lee and Nate, we accomplish the same by getting Camby and Frye (other than a worse draft pick this year).

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
Wouldn't it be strange, if 10 years from our finals run from the 8th seed, we were to get back Camby? Hopefully history is cyclical lol. :crossfingers:

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...knicks_consider_trade_to_bring_back_marc.html

Thoughts on Camby?

Also trading Q-rich and getting back channing frye?

Thoughts?

Trade Q RIch as soon as possible! this guy is a cancer on this team. He throws up so many shots every game, especially in crunch time, and never makes it and kills any momentum we have offensively.

The worst part about Q Rich is that if he misses shots, he doesn't stop shooting. He would rather shoot 1 for 14 than shoot 1 for 5 just because he knows he tried harder lol. It's the truth, he is that bad.

Camby is something we need desperatly.

We were last in blocks last year and he averages almost 3 a game. If we trade Lee then we get more rebounds per game in Camby.

We lose a cancer and a young talent who can't play defense for a veteran who dominates on defense and a throw-in that should help us better than Q Rich could ever do.

Make this trade now!

metrocard

Legend
Donnie has been denying this rumors, and Clippers value Camby very highly to give him up so easily...I'm not buying this.

But we need to capitalize and get Rudy Fernandez in this deal if we give up Lee, I'm down to throw in Nate Robinson, Lee, Chandler, and 1st round pick...just for Fernandez and Camby.

Portland is looking for bench depth, Robinson and Lee could optimize their bench effeciency easily. Just have to sweeten the deal for the Clippers who value Camby a lot.

Portland sends
Rudolfo Fernandez
Shavlik Randolph
Sergio Rodriguez

New York sends
Q-Rich
Nate Robinson
David Lee
2009 1st round pick

Los Angeles
sends
Marcus Camby

Portland receives
Nate Robinson
David Lee

New York
receives
Rudy Fernandez
Marcus Camby
Shalvik Randolph

Los Angeles receives
Q-Rich
Sergio Rodriguez
2009 1st round pick

Portland's depth chart
PG - Blake/Robinson/Bayless
SG - Roy/Webster
SF - Batum/Outlaw
PF - Aldridge/Lee/Frye
C - Oden/Pryzbila

Why for Portland?
Robinson is as young as Fernandez and can score off the bench as well as Rudy. Nate goes back to the Northwest and can be Bobby Jackson like for an offense that use Nate's dynamics. Portland becomes one of the best rebounding teams in the NBA with the addition of LEE to play with Oden, Aldridge, and Pryzbilla.

This move solidifies their future and spot for the playoffs.

New York's depth chart

PG - Duhon
SG - Fernandez/Gallinari
SF - Chandler/Thomas
PF - Harrington/Jefferies
C - Camby/Curry

Why for the Knicks?

They get a potentially soon to be all star SG in Rudy who could explode within this offense(the team in Europe he played in ran a similar offense to D'Antoni's).

1st round pick gone, so what? We were gonna draft a big man anyway, we just get former NBA defensive player of the year in Camby, very valuable prize.

Los Angeles [/B]

PG - Davis/Rodriguez/Hart
SG - Gordon/Davis
SF - Thorton/Richardson
PF - Randolph/Novak or Samb
C - Kaman/Jordan

Why for the clips?

Extra draft pick.
Make playing time available for Kaman.
Increase in bench depth(their biggest weakness)

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
But we need to capitalize and get Rudy Fernandez in this deal if we give up Lee, I'm down to throw in Nate Robinson, Lee, Chandler, and 1st round pick...just for Fernandez and Camby.

I could see this deal working, if we give the pick to Blazers, and Nate to LA. Portland likes trade chips like picks, their whole team is built on draft day trades. On the other hand, they can't overspend on backups like Lee or Nate in the summer, because their own best guys are about to hit FA. So i don't see them taking Nate+Lee straight up for Rudy, while Lee+2009 pick seems reasonable.

That said, I could easily see Portland getting a player like Caron Butler, Vince or Antawn Jamison for a combination of Rudy and expiring contract. Pritchard would sure look at all options before dealing a good player on great contract like Rudy. And the option we can offer might not be the best

As for Clippers, i have no idea where they are heading and what they are looking for. They seem to need guards and youth, so Nate would fit well. And they got more frontline guys than they need, so Camby for Nate+Q-Rich+Rodriguez would seem like a decent deal for them. After all, they spent like one 2nd round pick to get Camby this summer, right?

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
If a trade was made that brings Camby to the Knicks....I would bet my last dollar that Camby dont report or within a week of the trade come down with a season injury on the same big-ball that Curry used to get an injury.
LOL :boohoo:

Camby vs Dolan again....aint happening...

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Letting Nate, Lee and Chandler go??? Are you guys insane or what?
I personally think getting rid of Crawford and Randolph were the two best moves we could have ever made because we not only cut salary but we also made great moves for our future, And I was a huge Crawford fan. Why would you want to trade Nate, lee, and chandler who in two years if you couple these three with a pair like Lebron and bosh it could be absolutely devastating to opposing teams. I just dont get why some of you would want to trade our future for abunch of questions.. Seems foolish to me... Just my opinion.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Letting Nate, Lee and Chandler go??? Are you guys insane or what?

yeah, they all are.

if we trade lee, who is our starting pf?
when will we stop putting players out of their natural position?
we constantly obviously expose our players to physical damage as well as player type advantages. Lee is a pf, and is doing a good job defending centers. Christ, is that hard to understand?

let me give you all a realistic scenario.

there are several players to drop

tim thomas
malik rose
anthony roberson
quinten richardson
eddy curry
stephon marbury
N8 Robinson
jerome james

untouchable for now

chandler
harrinton
lee
duhon
gallo

we have one more season to showcase curry, lebron is not gonna b a free agent until the END of 2010 season. lets not sell out our players for nothing.

Toons

is the Bo$$
and if rudy fernandez gets offers from other clubs for 8 mil when he signs again, do we let him go as well? when we sign these players, do we pay them next to nothing? who is to say that they will accept when contracts are up? these trades are far from reality...hoops hype gat u all gassed up

Toons

is the Bo$$
OKLAHOMA CITY - One team that may go after Eddy Curry Eddy Curry , now that the Knick center appears ready to resume playing, is the Blazers.

Portland president Kevin Pritchard, who's been after David Lee David Lee for years, quietly scouted a Knick preseason game.

"They'll do anything for a big man," a league source said.

MORE: Knicks Blog

Obviously, Curry is trade bait because his contract runs past 2010. His removal could allow the Knicks New York Knicks to sign two players to maximum contracts that summer.with curry gone alone, we can sign 2 FA, get rid of n8, qbrick n co, and we can keep lee....that makes sense

Meanwhile, an absurd trade rumor hit the Knick locker room Sunday. It said the Knicks, Clippers and Blazers were involved in a three-team, 12-player trade that would be consummated next week. A newspaper referred to it as a "report," but it actually was a posted comment on a Knick blog by a person claiming to have ties with the Clippers.

The deal had the Knicks getting Marcus Camby, Channing Frye, rookie DeAndre Jordan, Jerryd Bayless and Jason Hart. The Knicks would give up Quentin Richardson, Lee, Anthony Roberson and Malik Rose.

Knick president Donnie Walsh said yesterday, "It is a fabrication. I have not had any discussions on this at all.

that is a more accurate report. donnie will do the same with curry as with randolph. get his value up, and ship him out. donnie is too smart to do the stupidness suggested in this thread. Donnie is patient and strateigic. Dont expect a trade this month for new york.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Robinson, Lee, and Chandler are glorified bench players...you won't ever see them gettin close to making the all star team or getting to that level because of their major weaknesses (Chandler: ball handling and range, Lee: defense and being a dynamic scorer, Robinson: Unnatural PG, really a 5"9 SG).

Letting them go won't hurt us.
Especially if we sign a MVP talent like Bron, STAT, Bosh or Wade.
We could find players like Robinson, Lee, and Chandler in the draft easily.
Don't sweat them.

Playing Curry would automatically increase his value?
How retarded can you be?
What if Curry plays so horrible(which would not be suprising at all because he hasn't seen any action on some Toons level shit), teams would really see what Curry is about.

The safe bet is making Curry a mystery piece.
PLAYING him could highly danger his value greatly.
Donnie shouldn't take a chance like that.

Fernandez is better than Lee, Robinson and Chandler; of course we resign him. Fernandez/Lebron would be dominant on the court.

And we'll never stop putting players out of their "natural" position, its D'Antoni system, he could work with it.

LMAO, Al Harrington is untouchable?

Only untouchable dude on this team and that should be untouchable is Gallinari, and he's not even that untouchable if we have the right deal come at us.

I rather be a solid playoff TEAM when we sign Lebron, instead of a 20 win team and have high expectations and pressure for Lebron. An addition of a Lebron to a playoff team would automatically uplift us to a Finals appearance, something we've been dreaming of again for a decade.

Fernandez/Camby isn't "nothing", they're two pieces that would uplift this team into the playoffs. Fernandez is a natural SG, as well Camby being a natural C. You add that with Duhon, Chandler, and Harrington, with a bench of Tim Thomas and Gallinari. Hopefully Knicks could sign a real free agent sharp shooter to come off the bench (Larry Ayuso).

Why settle for being trash? We could build a winning team without hurting out salary cap.
We need to get rid of medicore pieces and get some B+ level talent. Rob and Lee are C+ - B- level dudes. Too much mediocrity on the court at the same time.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
if we trade lee, who is our starting pf?
when will we stop putting players out of their natural position?

we have one more season to showcase curry, lebron is not gonna b a free agent until the END of 2010 season. lets not sell out our players for nothing.

<...>

that is a more accurate report. donnie will do the same with curry as with randolph. get his value up, and ship him out. donnie is too smart to do the stupidness suggested in this thread. Donnie is patient and strateigic. Dont expect a trade this month for new york.

<...>

and if rudy fernandez gets offers from other clubs for 8 mil when he signs again, do we let him go as well? when we sign these players, do we pay them next to nothing? who is to say that they will accept when contracts are up? these trades are far from reality...hoops hype gat u all gassed up

1. Walsh has a season for Curry, but probably only 6 weeks to decide on Lee and Nate.
How would we feel if these guys walk away for nothing at the end of the season? Every player is tradable, if the price is right. And I bet that Walsh is looking at prices of Nate and Lee right now - or else he's not doing his job.

2. U shouldn't use the word 'stupid' in every second post, people may start thinking of u every time they hear that word ;)

Personally, I don't see anything stupid in possible deals in this thread. Idea on Camby+Fernandez for Nate+Lee+Q-Rich+pick, for example, makes perfect sense to me. Great player for now and possibly a Mutombo type veteran for later in Camby, very talented young guard on great contract in Fernandez, and lots of salary saved for FAs in 2010.

3. Don't get the logic behind the 'out of position' stuff u wrote. we are already playing our bigs out of position. how does a good true center hurt us. if Lee goes, Al will keep playing PF like he does most of the time anyway. Instead of having two bigs (Al and Lee) playing out of their natural positions, we would only have one.

4. Rudy is under rookie contract till 2012. Lee's contract is up at 2009. Seriously guys, if u can't see the difference, then u don't understand what saving cap for 2010 means.

richtree

Rotation player
To be honest ...its not about David Lee that much...he is a decent player., I think he wants to stay in NY ....we won't get too much money elsewhere...

the real odd man out is gonna be Duhon....we overpaid him , he is putting up inflated numbers, and his contract is up during the 2010 bidding wars....

he is gonna think because he played every min of every game and gets 10 and 10 he is owed more money and a long term deal....

HA...Duhon is gonna be a problem for management , and will sign a long term deal with another team just for the money....