NY DAILY NEWS - Knicks Interested in Camby?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Robinson, Lee, and Chandler are glorified bench players...you won't ever see them gettin close to making the all star team or getting to that level because of their major weaknesses (Chandler: ball handling and range, Lee: defense and being a dynamic scorer, Robinson: Unnatural PG, really a 5"9 SG).

Letting them go won't hurt us.
Especially if we sign a MVP talent like Bron, STAT, Bosh or Wade.
We could find players like Robinson, Lee, and Chandler in the draft easily.
Don't sweat them.

Playing Curry would automatically increase his value?
How retarded can you be?
What if Curry plays so horrible(which would not be suprising at all because he hasn't seen any action on some Toons level shit), teams would really see what Curry is about.

The safe bet is making Curry a mystery piece.
PLAYING him could highly danger his value greatly.
Donnie shouldn't take a chance like that.

Fernandez is better than Lee, Robinson and Chandler; of course we resign him. Fernandez/Lebron would be dominant on the court.

And we'll never stop putting players out of their "natural" position, its D'Antoni system, he could work with it.

LMAO, Al Harrington is untouchable?

Only untouchable dude on this team and that should be untouchable is Gallinari, and he's not even that untouchable if we have the right deal come at us.

I rather be a solid playoff TEAM when we sign Lebron, instead of a 20 win team and have high expectations and pressure for Lebron. An addition of a Lebron to a playoff team would automatically uplift us to a Finals appearance, something we've been dreaming of again for a decade.

Fernandez/Camby isn't "nothing", they're two pieces that would uplift this team into the playoffs. Fernandez is a natural SG, as well Camby being a natural C. You add that with Duhon, Chandler, and Harrington, with a bench of Tim Thomas and Gallinari. Hopefully Knicks could sign a real free agent sharp shooter to come off the bench (Larry Ayuso).

Why settle for being trash? We could build a winning team without hurting out salary cap.
We need to get rid of medicore pieces and get some B+ level talent. Rob and Lee are C+ - B- level dudes. Too much mediocrity on the court at the same time.

I agree with your analysis of Lee's, Nate's and Chandler's talents but for me, keeping Lee, Nate and Chandler is more about having a strong bench in 2010, than keeping them as starters. I disagree with your statement that we can easily find bench/role players in the draft. That's hoping for a lot.

Camby won't be a part of our future. I love Camby and believe he is a much better player than Lee, but trading Lee for Camby is accomplishing the same if we don't resign Lee...(i.e. left with nothing in 2010). Plus, Camby is injury prone. Who knows how durable he will be in 2010.

What can I say about Fernandez. Great player. Would give up any of our players to get him.

Lets be patient. Like Toons said, Donnie needs to wait and hope Curry's value increases. That's our best option right now. Increase Curry's value and wait for Portland (or any team) to flinch at the trade deadline.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Robinson, Lee, and Chandler are glorified bench players...you won't ever see them gettin close to making the all star team or getting to that level because of their major weaknesses (Chandler: ball handling and range, Lee: defense and being a dynamic scorer, Robinson: Unnatural PG, really a 5"9 SG).

lee is close to the all star team idiot. Just not as a starter, the coaches select the bench. how can you judge players in their sophomore season? and a 3rd year player and say they will never be close to all star status? and if u would read instead of hating on my posts you would see that i said robinson has to go. Chandler can improve his handles and his range. This is really his first season getting some burn, btw, tell me about fernandez defense....WE ALREADY HAVE THE NBA PROCLAIMES THE MOST POTENT OFFENSE INTHE LEAGUE.....so what your goal is to score 150 pts per game??

Don't sweat them.

Listen, lebron wants a ring, he also wants talent to play with. james wont come if we arent already winning or can prove that we are winners.

How retarded can you be?

Umm....this is the most ubsurd thing i have ever heard. playing curry will increase his value even if he sucks, for the mere fact that he is healthy will increase his value.

What if Curry plays so horrible(which would not be suprising at all because he hasn't seen any action on some Toons level shit), teams would really see what Curry is about.

Do you think nba GM;s only watched one season of curry? they know what he can andcant do better than any of us fans. one thing in undeniable, his size. people tend to forget that he is a 7 footer.

dantoni has the smarts to make curry look good....

Fernandez is better than Lee, Robinson and Chandler; of course we resign him. Fernandez/Lebron would be dominant on the court.

..ur comparing apples n oranges....rudy is tight, but he aint that good righ tnow.

And we'll never stop putting players out of their "natural" position, its D'Antoni system, he could work with it.

and we will continue to be exploited night in and night out. dantoni would love to have players play in their natural position, but he has to play the cards he is dealt.

fukshot, learn how to read, i said untouchable FOR NOW, meaning donnie will fulfil his promise from day one, when he said, he isnt promising a playoff spot, but he promised us fans a competitive team and a team we can be proud to watch. and the 7 guys we go to war with every game are needed to fulfill the promise

Only untouchable dude on this team and that should be untouchable is Gallinari, and he's not even that untouchable if we have the right deal come at us
I rather be a solid playoff TEAM when we sign Lebron, instead of a 20 win team and have high expectations and pressure for Lebron. An addition of a Lebron to a playoff team would automatically uplift us to a Finals appearance, something we've been dreaming of again for a decade.

who said anything about us being a 20 win team?? we are greatly shorthanded and we are close to 20 wins and it isnt all star break yet.

Fernandez/Camby isn't "nothing", they're two pieces that would uplift this team into the playoffs. Fernandez is a natural SG, as well Camby being a natural C. You add that with Duhon, Chandler, and Harrington, with a bench of Tim Thomas and Gallinari. Hopefully Knicks could sign a real free agent sharp shooter to come off the bench (Larry Ayuso).

do you only know ricans?? u rave over every rican player like they are the saviors to the world....im all for reppin ur city n all, but widen ur horizons a bit "homes"

Why settle for being trash? We could build a winning team without hurting out salary cap.
We need to get rid of medicore pieces and get some B+ level talent. Rob and Lee are C+ - B- level dudes. Too much mediocrity on the court at the same time.

instead of opposing and being silly, think about dropping dead weight first, and then go after trading good peices. you asshole, we are not under the gun, we have until the summer of 2010....meaning we have an entire season and a half to shocase trade pieces. rushing to the closest trade seems kind of isiah ish if u ask me, lets open our minds and THINK in 09

metrocard

Legend
Nah, Lee isn't an all star. At best he's 15 and 10, nothing more.

I can judge a player in their sophmore season, I'm that good with analysis and projections. You can't because all of your predictions have failed you, miserably.

Your post aren't worth anything to hate on, if you were GetRealstic, then maybe. I hate on posters with quality and rival with them, you're just a low quality poster who's lucky to even get my attention. So be happy, don't get so down.

Chandler can improve his handles and range? Wrong again, wiseguy.
Thats always been a weakness through his WHOLE career. Thats like saying Shaq will improve his free throw shooting.
He can, but it won't happend, its not part of his game.

You wouldn't be happy with 150 points per game? You're a silly rudeboy.
Fernandez defense is actually pretty good, ask NBA scouts.

Who doesn't want a ring?

Talent?
Such an Isiahsexual word.
Talent = losing

Playoff exprience/skilled players who are built to win games, instead of unskilled talented guys who can't tap into their potential. Talent means nothing if you can't work hard, reach potential and utilize that talent into winning.

We'll have a better chance winning with Fernandez/Camby than we'll ever have with Chandler/Lee/Robinson.

LOL, I think you just said one of the most retarded things of 2009.

Curry being healthy increases his value even if he plays horrible?
You make no sense, and theres a reason why you're really bad at basketball analysis.
If Curry plays horrible, teams will be convinced he's just an unmotivated player who will never try to get better.
He needs to be KEPT as a mystery prospect where teams can look back to the season he average 18 PPPG +.
His value won't get any higher, especially in an offense like this where Curry would get LOST.

Curry is 6"11, not 7 feet.

D'Antoni has the "smarts?". Wow, that sounded complex and educated. Lets hope D'Antoni has enough smarts to share, because you need some "smarts" to save yourself.

Rudy is that good right, better than Nate, Lee, and Chandler. The numbers don't tell it, but most NBA experts would agree. Rudy is playing a limited role in Portland. Put him as the starting SG for the high tempo Knicks, and you have a 20 PPG + player with 5 rebs and 5 assist and a lot of steals and dunks with efficient shooting. Thats the type of player he is, and he's shown many flashes this season. Rudy is skilled, confident and isn't afraid of playing a big role. Robinson, Lee, and Chandler have their limitations and were never BIG TIME prospects, just late first round picks who developed into solid role players, nothing more. Thats their ceiling about now.

Puerto Ricans > Jamaicans in BBall, you mad son?

Samuels in Louisville is nice though, hope he falls to the Knicks

Don't sweat them.

How retarded can you be?

Only untouchable dude on this team and that should be untouchable is Gallinari, and he's not even that untouchable if we have the right deal come at us.

i wouldn't say chandler's a glorified bench player.i genuinely believe he can be an all star.he looks alot like brando roy to me.and he's 21.you're on the money about nate and lee though.

JayJ44

Starter
_______√ictory_______;78929 said:
i wouldn't say chandler's a glorified bench player.i genuinely believe he can be an all star.he looks alot like brando roy to me.and he's 21.you're on the money about nate and lee though.

Brandon Roy? I wish, Roy's handles and passing are 20x better. He has range from feet beyond the 3 point line. Plus, he has the court vision to be a point forward. I can see him being an MVP sometime in his career. I think Chandler will be a borderline all-star, like Richard Jefferson.

Brandon Roy? I wish, Roy's handles and passing are 20x better. He has range from feet beyond the 3 point line. Plus, he has the court vision to be a point forward. I can see him being an MVP sometime in his career. I think Chandler will be a borderline all-star, like Richard Jefferson.
wilson is improving.he's 21.roy is 24.and richard was a bum.never liked his game.

Paul1355

All Star
If a trade was made that brings Camby to the Knicks....I would bet my last dollar that Camby dont report or within a week of the trade come down with a season injury on the same big-ball that Curry used to get an injury.
LOL :boohoo:

Camby vs Dolan again....aint happening...

LOL this true...Camby would always get hurt in his last years as a Knick. It became ridiculous and then he goes to Denver and plays full seasons.

However, he should have never left. Centers like him are rare these days. Dominate rebounders and shot blockers.