Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
lol

Always a day late and a dollar short. This dude was waived like middleish-Late December, what were/are we waiting on? I thought we should call dibs on him back then. Too bad Twitter occupies much of Phil's life as an executive.

tiger0330

Legend
lol You can't make this stuff up

I was wondering why you would trade Tobias Harris for expiring contracts in Jennings and Ilyasova, guess Parsons was the reason. He's having an outstanding year shooting but paying him a possible 22M would be too much for me, I would have stuck with Harris.

Broadway

All Star
I was wondering why you would trade Tobias Harris for expiring contracts in Jennings and Ilyasova, guess Parsons was the reason. He's having an outstanding year shooting but paying him a possible 22M would be too much for me, I would have stuck with Harris.

Parsons isn't getting $22mil no matter if that's his peak asking price and he's not really any better than Tobias nor has Parsons lived up to his Maverick contract 3yrs/$46mil.

paris401

Starter
Parsons isn't getting $22mil no matter if that's his peak asking price and he's not really any better than Tobias nor has Parsons lived up to his Maverick contract 3yrs/$46mil.

didn't realize this 'turd' is getting 15m+... holy $hit next year he has a player opt at 16plus... why wasn't I born with with 6'10'' genes..

tiger0330

Legend
didn't realize this 'turd' is getting 15m+... holy $hit next year he has a player opt at 16plus... why wasn't I born with with 6'10'' genes..
By next year, you mean this summer when he can become a FA. He's making 16M so he has to be looking for a raise to near his max contract of 22M.

tiger0330

Legend
I didn't think he was going to help but Rambis never gave him a chance only giving him 5 mins playing time in 10 days.

Looks like Wroten is not going to be signed and the Knicks are looking at McCallum and Tim Frazier. Should happen soon with the Knicks with 20 games left and not giving Jimmer a 2nd 10 day.

The Knicks are thinking about signing either Tim Frazier or Ray McCallum to a 10-day contract, reports Frank Isola of the New York Daily News (Twitter links). Each is considered a more likely candidate than Tony Wroten, with whom the Knicks met recently, Isola adds. Marc Berman of the New York Post earlier wrote that the team was eyeing McCallum, who comes off waivers from the Spurs at 4pm Central today, while The Wall Street Journal’s Chris Herring reported last month that the Knicks considered Frazier before signing Jimmer Fredette instead. New York reportedly has no plans to re-sign Fredette after his 10-day contract expires tonight.

Frazier rejoined the D-League affiliate of the Celtics last week after clearing waivers from the Trail Blazers, who cut him to accommodate their deadline-day trades. Blazers GM Neil Olshey said he told Frazier he’d be interested in re-signing him if the team was unable to add another point guard, though Portland acquired point guard Brian Roberts in one of its deadline swaps.

The 25-year-old Frazier saw just 7.8 minutes per game in 35 appearances for the Blazers this season, though he put up an impressive 5.5 assists in 21.7 minutes per game across 11 contests with the Sixers last year. Similarly, McCallum was buried on San Antonio’s bench before his release from the Spurs but made 30 starts for the Kings last season.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
If we don't even OFFER Lawson then....I just don't know. I appreciate that Phil has a plan he's sticking with, but at least coach the team yourself, man. You're the master of the triangle, just stop this. If they don't offer him because he's not a fit for this offense in their opinion then, just, I...I don't know. This is sad. Where's Walsh/D'Antoni (ok, not so much D'Antoni) when you need them? Phil not interested in Tom Thibodeau? If that's true, another incredibly questionable way of thinking.

I'd even like Nate back, but if they won't offer Lawson, then why bother discussing it.

tiger0330

Legend
Pacers got Hill and Lawson is not taking his job. The fit for PJ or the triangle aside he would be a better off on the Knicks as far as getting playing time and playing for a spot next season.

mafra

Legend
NBA execs: What Knicks could get in Carmelo Anthony trade

By Fred Kerber March 3, 2016
NY Post

When Phil Jackson presented his state of the Knicks address after firing Derek Fisher last month, he noted some guys were off the trade table. That included Carmelo Anthony, largely because of the perennial All-Star?s no-trade clause.

But suppose this summer, after missing the playoffs for a third straight year, Anthony says ?Enough,? and waives his no-trade clause. What sort of market could the Knicks expect?

The consensus of a small, but representative group of NBA team execs and personnel types said there would be an interested, willing market for Anthony. But all state the obvious, that despite Anthony?s star status, the Knicks could not expect to fetch anything like the haul they surrendered for him five years ago.

?There is a market. He?s still a star player. They could get a starter and a first-round draft pick and whatever else needed to make the salaries work,? one Eastern exec said.

But several team leaders indicated their belief the Knicks should have moved Anthony through a sign-and-trade in the summer of 2014.

?I disagreed signing him long-term because by the time the Knicks would be good or even just decent he?s too old,? one Western personnel guy said of Anthony, 31.

An Eastern exec echoed the ?should have traded him back then? sentiment.

?The way to go for them in my eyes was to sign and trade him instead of getting into him for a long-term deal. It wasn?t like they just needed one more piece. They needed a lot of pieces,? he said.

But the same exec vigorously defended Anthony as a productive player.

?The guy plays hard,? the exec said. ?The other night, [against Orlando], he played well and hard and it wasn?t coming easy. He competes every night. I think he gets a bad rap because he?s not LeBron.?

Anthony, obviously frustrated with the Knicks losing, is the only player in the NBA leading his team in scoring, rebounding and assists.

?What else can the guy do? That says a lot. He?s been surrounded by bad players. One year they were good and he had decent players around him, they got to the second round,? the same exec said. ?Points, assists and rebounds. It?s like Bill Parcells said, your record says who you are. With Carmelo, his production tells you who he is. You could definitely get something of value for him.?

There are questions with Anthony, who re-upped for five years and $124 million in July 2014, with an early termination and no-trade clauses. Big bucks but ?everybody?s going to have money,? one general manager stressed, as the new TV dollars flood the market.

A worry: Anthony?s surgically repaired knee has been troublesome.

?There are other considerations,? another Eastern exec said. ?Is he healthy? There will be a market, I?d say with a return of an established player and a pick. It?s not going to be three first-round picks or anything, but there would be a decent return.

?Also,? he continued, ?where would he waive his no-trade for? Look at the league. He?s not going back to Denver or Utah or some of the teams with picks. There will be interest, but he also has the 15 percent trade kicker. If they continue losing, he could say, ?Let?s explore the market,? but I don?t know what the market is because there will be other players who are more appealing ? Blake Griffin, DeMarcus Cousins ? based on age.?

The Knicks acquired Anthony from Denver Feb. 22, 2011, in a three-team trade involving Minnesota. The Knicks got Anthony, Chauncey Billups, Renaldo Balkman, Anthony Carter, Shelden Williams and Corey Brewer. Their losses included Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 first-round pick and two second- rounders.

?There?s always a market,? one GM said. ?Some people will give something but don?t get excited for like what Denver got going the other way. Realistically, I wouldn?t say a young stud but maybe a solid player and a pick. I could see a good team doing that for Carmelo. A bad team won?t want to part with a high lottery pick.

?The take wouldn?t be as strong because of the knee and his problems the last couple years because of it,? he said. ?Listen, the guy is a prolific scorer. Elite. Do not question that. A team in the hunt would definitely want a guy like that.?