Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Hey, Nets atone for that terrible trade with BOS. They end up with both Russell and Okafor.... the second and third picks from the 2015 draft.... lol.... too bad this and a 90 cents gets you a buck.

It’s amazing how many lottery picks pHI mangled....

I think this trade could make the Nets a nuisance to get a playoff spot, if they can get Okafor up to speed and get healthy. Big IFs!

Nets play hard every night and give themselves a chance. Not that I care but at least they are building with limited resources.

Keep reading that Knicks are getting interest from teams about WHG and O?Quinn and that O?Quinn is the more likely one to get traded because he will likely opt out at the end of the year anyway.

If we do trade O?Quinn, I think that is a move towards the tank. I want WHG to get more minutes in the future, but O?Quinn is going to get you more wins out there.

Regardless of which of the 2 we trade, I assume this means a commitment to Kanter going forward.

It?s funny, I was just thinking about how choosing between trying to move O?Quinn or WHG is basically the Knicks deciding who they want to keep out of PJ?s only 2 good trades.

The Knicks got WHG in return from Philly for two 2nd round picks and the Knicks got O?Quinn from Orlando for cash and the right to a 2nd round pick swap.

Paul1355

All Star
Trading O?Quinn would imply that we are ready to tank but it could
Just mean he is def Walking and we want to get something for him. As great as O?Quinn has been, He is expendable on both ends of the floor. Noah and Gomez could have a time share of O?Quinn 20 min a game. If we can get like a late 1st for oquinn we would have two first round picks and an early 2nd (bulls pick) for next draft. It should be considered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mafra

Legend
If the Knicks can?t turn KOQ or WHG or Kanter into something valuable.... and if they can?t flip Lee or Jack for something of value.... then shame on Perry.

tiger0330

Legend

Insider article on teams tendencies to do a trade at the deadline and here is the Knicks record. Mills has been a sit on his hands GM and Perry as an assistant GM has not been very active. Odds are we go with the current roster as is for the rest of the season. I doubt teams want to give up an asset for Quinn when they can get him in FA and I think the Knicks keep WHG for his youth and as insurance if Quinn departs. Clee and LT are our most tradable assets and maybe they can be moved.

New York Knicks
: Steve Mills/Scott Perry

i

This is the first trade deadline since the two joined forces this summer.
Mills worked for Phil Jackson the past four seasons, and their lone trade at the deadline was acquiring Alexey Shved and two second-round picks (2017 and 2018) from Houston in exchange for Pablo Prigioni.
Perry, the assistant GM in Orlando for five seasons, was part of four deadline deals. In a move with an eye toward clearing cap space for the summer of 2016, Orlando moved Channing Frye as part of a three-team trade to Cleveland in exchange for a second-round pick. The trade cleared the $23 million remaining in salary owed to Frye over the next three seasons. Two days before the Frye trade, in a move designed to add veterans, Orlando traded 24-year-old Tobias Harris for the expiring contract of Brandon Jennings and cap-friendly salary of Ersan Ilyasova. Ilyasova was traded (along with Victor Oladipo and the No. 11 pick) the night of the draft in exchange for Serge Ibaka.

Paul1355

All Star
If the Knicks can?t turn KOQ or WHG or Kanter into something valuable.... and if they can?t flip Lee or Jack for something of value.... then shame on Perry.

You won?t get anything back for jack, He is too old..Same with Lee but lee is valuable as a consistent glue guy on this team and a veteran presence that actually brings it on the floor unlike lance Thomas.

We should look to move Thomas and oquinn for a late first

Thomas is so overrated and is just getting in Beasley?s way from being a. #2/3 option offensively on this team.

Oquinn is great but being that he?s young on last year of his deal I?d rather us get a pick for him and begin to play Gomez again and see what Noah can do consistently. Kills me to see him on the bench for 19 mil a year and not even playing as a role player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiger0330

Legend
Kemba is available

So trade Knits/WHG and a pick for Kemba if we want to make the playoffs right?
That trade would be so lopsided for the Knicks. We would have to throw in some salary like THJ or CLee. I could see CHA doing it if THJ was included, question is, is it a good or bad trade for the Knicks if you have to give up THJ.

tiger0330

Legend
That trade would be so lopsided for the Knicks. We would have to throw in some salary like THJ or CLee. I could see CHA doing it if THJ was included, question is, is it a good or bad trade for the Knicks if you have to give up THJ.
Didn't realize Kemba was only making 12M/year 2 years remaining, I guess part of the motivation for trading Kemba is they don't want to pay him on his next contract. Hardaway straight up doesn't work salary wise nor CLee with WHG and Nits. Cho will be looking for a heavily weighted draft pick type trade for Kemba along with with a mid-level player making 12M or a multiple team deal.

Last edited:

Broadway

All Star

You're right about the salary, I was speaking more of what Hornets would want to get a deal going. If they give up Kemba they want young prospects because a rebuild is on the way. I don't think they would take Hardaway due to salary dumping(Howard/Batum/MKG/Williams are on the trade block too) but they probably take Lee off our hands

Broadway

All Star
Didn't realize Kemba was only making 12M/year 2 years remaining, I guess part of the motivation for trading Kemba is they don't want to pay him on his next contract. Hardaway straight up doesn't work salary wise nor CLee with WHG and Nits. Cho will be looking for a heavily weighted draft pick type trade for Kemba along with with a mid-level player making 12M or a multiple team deal.

Knits/WHG/pick/Lee works trades can be within 125% +/- salary going in/out

Knits/WHG/pick/THJR works if Hornets throw in MCW with Kemba

tiger0330

Legend
Knits/WHG/pick/Lee works trades can be within 125% +/- salary going in/out

Knits/WHG/pick/THJR works if Hornets throw in MCW with Kemba
I tried the CLee Frank WHG trade on the ESPN Trade Machine and it failed. Knicks and Hornets will probably have to expand the trade to include other players. Seems to be a lot of interest in Kemba around the league and esp for the Knicks. You can see why, an AS at 12M/yr thats like what the Warriors were paying Steph on his last contract.

mafra

Legend
I think C-Lee,WHG, and their choice of Knits or our upcoming 1st sounds about right for a player with only 2 years remaining. 2 young pieces to start the rebuild.... could work IF CHA likes WHG/Knits.

Broadway

All Star
Yeah Kemba has that great Old CBA contract...I forgot how much money Knits makes as a lottery pick

If Hornets throw in Johnny O?Bryant it works and that?s probably about what would get it done

Broadway

All Star
I think C-Lee,WHG, and their choice of Knits or our upcoming 1st sounds about right for a player with only 2 years remaining. 2 young pieces to start the rebuild.... could work IF CHA likes WHG/Knits.

Charlotte likely gets all 3 assets...WHG is really fodder on this deal(because of how we destroyed his value), so he might get axed out but Knits and the 1st rd is what gets discussions rolling. High interest in getting a replacement PG in return. No way around that

We?re clearly getting the best player in such a prosed deal

mafra

Legend
Kenna turns 28 this May; I would trade Knits, WHG and our 1st next year for him (try to keep this year?s pick if I could). Kemba and THjr is finally an NBA backcourt.

Kemba
Timmy
KP
Kanter

That?s a solid foundation.

Of course, Kemba is building a home in CHA and doesn?t want to be dealt; and if he is traded, I?m sure teams will line up...

And, ask yourselves this: why not keep what we have and make a run at Bradley or Smart this Summer?

Broadway

All Star
According to Begley Hornets want to engage us or may have had minimal small talk already. Woj said Kemba has been on the block about as far back as 10 days ago

What we could do is place protection on picks from yr to yr, like if they want our 2018 pick we can go Top 1- 5 and 10-14...so they get the pick if we land 6-9. Then as each yr goes by they can dictate the terms of what they want on 1st rounder out to however many yrs is reasonable.

What I will continue to be puzzled with, if we sit and do nothing come trade deadline time and yet muck up our situation come summertime. According to Hornacek's recent comments sounds as if we could be slightly starting up the tank

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
?Teams are more hesitant to flip first-rounders and youngsters for impact performers who, while in their primes, will only get older and more expensive. Walker is a great point guard and top-30 player, and his contract (two years, $24 million remaining) ranks among the best in the league. But he's not Kyrie Irving or Jimmy Butler, and the prospect of paying him near-max money in 2019, when he's 29, will shape the quality of offers while scaring off most rebuilding squads.

In lieu of winning an unwinnable situation, the Hornets should focus on getting off Batum's pact. They owe him $99.1 million, including this season, through 2020-21, and he is most likely immovable without some sweeteners. And incentives don't get much better than top-10 point guards on the right side of 30.?

Charlotte Hornets Receive: PG/SG Ron Baker, C Enes Kanter, SF Doug McDermott, PG Frank Ntilikina

New York Knicks Receive: SG/SF Nicolas Batum, PG Julyan Stone, PG Kemba Walker

If we presume the Knicks are committed to a proper rebuild, then we believe they won't go after Walker.

Ergo, we do not believe they won't go after Walker.

Trying to accelerate what's supposed to be a gradual project would be so Knicks. They've already done it to some extent by signing Tim Hardaway Jr. last July. Never mind the player. Shelling out nearly $71 million for anyone over the age of 23 isn't a harbinger of patience or process.

Give the Knicks an opportunity to acquire a New York native who just so happens to play the position they've been unable to fill for roughly eternity, and they might be all over it.

To be fair, this package could look a lot worse for them. Losing Frank Ntilikina stings something awful, and Doug McDermott has proved to be a nice pickup from the Carmelo Anthony trade. But the Knicks aren't surrendering this year's first, nor are they giving up more than one player who factors heavily into their big picture.

Enes Kanter isn't a building block. His early-season shine has faded along with the teams' playoff hopes. Ron Baker is scrappy, but he's Ron Baker. McDermott would be good to keep around, but he's slated for restricted free agency and potentially a sizable raise.

Footing the bill for Batum has to be the Knicks' trump card. They're giving up a top-eight prospect in his rookie season who plays Walker's position. If the Hornets insist on this year's first or expanding the deal to lop off more salary, the Knicks should walk.

And that's if they even see it fit to talk shop in the first place.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndic...ker-could-knicks-or-cavs-make-a-play.amp.html